Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
134 registered (accordeur, aimar, anamnesis, 36251, A Guy, 27 invisible), 1496 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2159427 - 09/29/13 12:16 AM Re: really worried for Greece right now... [Re: Nikolas]
gooddog Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Seattle area, WA
Originally Posted By: Nikolas
Keed is bull*ahem*.

And in other news today: http://news.yahoo.com/greek-far-leader-other-legislators-arrested-185146978.html

In a rather superficial way, the above news makes me feel nice...
It's a relief to see the majority quashing a violent, intolerant minority. What gives me pause is when I think of how something like this would be handled in my country where freedom of speech is so carefully guarded. I wonder where the fine line is between individual rights and what is best for a free, democratic society. I wonder if these awful people might get away with what they are doing here. Scary.

Looking at the pictures on your link, Nikolas, reminds me that people are the same everywhere. The Greek people look like, well, people. Those pictures could have been taken anywhere. I find it uplifting that we are all connected.

Deborah

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#2159440 - 09/29/13 01:47 AM Re: really worried for Greece right now... [Re: Nikolas]
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pretoria South Africa
VOA news this morning

"Greek police have arrested five parliament members of a far-right party following allegations that a party activist has killed a leftist musician.

Founding leader of the Golden Dawn party Nikos Michaloliakos, spokesman Ilias Kasidiaris and three other far-right lawmakers were arrested Saturday on charges of belonging to a criminal organization.
More than 10 other party members also were arrested."

regards, btb

#2159447 - 09/29/13 02:11 AM Re: really worried for Greece right now... [Re: Nikolas]
Nikolas Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Europe
I'm just wondering if it's right of me to use a pianoworld thread as a kind of a blog for something that is rather political in nature...

In any case I think that I'm much calmer now (evidently) and things seem to be moving to the right direction, so there's no reason for this thread to stay floating for much longer.

Many many thanks for all the support here and in PMs. And thanks for reading, listening, thinking and posting and all that... I'll try not to post here again with news update.

#2159449 - 09/29/13 02:16 AM Re: really worried for Greece right now... [Re: Nikolas]
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Nikolas, I sent some information about my couch to a few Greeks I know, and their reactions clearly have led directly to this recent development. I wish I could say I did more than buy a crappy couch, but I'll take all the credit I can get. haha laugh

Glad to hear some of the tensions are easing. I certainly hope the trend continues, for you, for Greece, for the EU, and ultimately (and honestly) potentially for the global economy.

#2159516 - 09/29/13 07:54 AM Re: really worried for Greece right now... [Re: Nikolas]
wr Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Nikolas
I'm just wondering if it's right of me to use a pianoworld thread as a kind of a blog for something that is rather political in nature...

In any case I think that I'm much calmer now (evidently) and things seem to be moving to the right direction, so there's no reason for this thread to stay floating for much longer.

Many many thanks for all the support here and in PMs. And thanks for reading, listening, thinking and posting and all that... I'll try not to post here again with news update.

Don't worry about it - it's apparently okay or else the hall monitor would have reported it to the principal and got the thread shut down. Or deleted.

The only thing I'd suggest is that if you feel compelled to do another like it at some time in the future, putting a simple "OT" at the beginning of the subject line shows us that you recognize that it not really the right place, but you need to post it here anyway. After all, people have posted utterly [censored] inane sports [censored] here in the past and got away with it. This thread certainly rises above that kind of thing in terms of worth, IMO.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Wobbly stand on Casio Digital Pianos
by PokemonMaster1337
12/27/14 12:13 PM
HP508 Audio Recording from output phone jacks
by Banzai_Ed
12/27/14 10:41 AM
HP508 Audio Output Jack
by Banzai_Ed
12/27/14 10:26 AM
Best Upright Piano under 8,000 new and why?
by Gustavo90
12/27/14 10:21 AM
new beginner here...
by Yu11
12/27/14 09:07 AM
Forum Stats
77449 Members
42 Forums
160163 Topics
2352018 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission