2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
OP Offline
P
Hi All, I am new bee in learning piano. I am very much interested to learn this awesome instrument. So I brought brand new casio digital keyboard for practicing and learning. I need very good learning piano material to learn completely and practice. Can you please anybody suggest me the good material either software or books or learning online materials or reference links? I did google I am getting tons of resources but I don't know which one to choose interms of material , practice sessions So I need your help. Regards, Jerald

B

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014
1000 Post Club Member
B
Are you reserved to learning without a teacher? If nothing else, studying under a good teacher for the first few years is the single best way to get started, whatever your goals may be, because this is the crucial period in which habits - both good and bad - are formed. These habits include everything from how to physically play to how to spend your time at the piano in order to maximize progress (i.e. how to practice).

R
R
I would strongly urge you to get a piano teacher now that later. Every adult student I have had that was self taught I had to undo years poor technique - and so many of them were stubborn about it. I know how frustrating it is to be an adult and see that everything you have been doing is wrong even though it 'sounds' right or just 'works' for you, no need to do it the proper way.

I would much rather do something right the first time then have bad habits and struggle later on to fix those.

Having a teacher from the beginning will help you learn at your pace, he/she can correct issues you wouldn't know you had, plus solidify your commitment and so much more.

I wish you the best of luck smile

Private Piano Teacher
S
S
I love my teacher, GET ONE!!!!!!!! I'd take 5X the time progression wise, and i'd be frustrated and probably hurt myself. I'd probably not be able to read music either!

"Doesn't practicing on the piano suck?!?!"
"The joy is in the practicing. It's like relationships. Yeah, orgasms are awesome, but you can't make love to someone who you have no relationship with!"
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sweet06
I love my teacher, GET ONE!!!!!!!!

perfect!

Learner
K
K
Claire de lune from scratch.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QczTcXvEC7o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQczTcXvEC7o

I'm not sure that it's possible to start off with Clair de lune. But Hugh Sung is a wonderful pianist, and he seems to think this piece can be tackled by a novice.

Steinway B
Yamaha AvantGrand N2
Roland RD-700NX
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by kippesc
Claire de lune from scratch.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QczTcXvEC7o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQczTcXvEC7o

I'm not sure that it's possible to start off with Clair de lune. But Hugh Sung is a wonderful pianist, and he seems to think this piece can be tackled by a novice.
Um no, this is early advanced music. A novice can try it, but it would be frustrating because they wouldn't be able to play it up to tempo, with the proper rhythms, etc. Is Hugh Sung a great teacher? Many great pianists are not great pedagogues.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
T
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by re22
Every adult student I have had that was self taught I had to undo years poor technique - and so many of them were stubborn about it. I know how frustrating it is to be an adult and see that everything you have been doing is wrong even though it 'sounds' right or just 'works' for you, no need to do it the proper way.

Perhaps this is a method for evaluating a prospective teacher, which is a difficult task for the less knowledgable (and unnecessary for the more knowledgable).

A good one should be able to list your bad habits.

If they can't, keep looking.

gotta go practice

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission