Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2157907 - 09/26/13 09:13 AM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Gary D.]
childofparadise2002 Offline
500 Post Club Member

It is quite possible that parents know this, but they have other reasons to take the summer off. After all, American education system operates this way. School comes to a complete halt in summer, and students come back in the fall knowing less than when they left for summer. The first month (if not more) of school is routinely used to bring students back to where they were. But this is true only for those kids from families who can't provide academic enrichment in the summer. Many parents who have the means and are well-educated themselves seek ways to strengthen their children's education in the summer, through academic camps, homework that parents assign to the kids, etc. These children come back to school in the fall, more advanced than when they left for summer.

So I would imagine that well-educated parents know the harm of stopping piano for 3 months.

Those who don't realize this are probably those who also don't realize that stopping academic studies for 3 months is very harmful to the children. You can give these parents information, but if this is a mindset----that summer is for fun and not for learning----it would be hard for them to change. And really, it's not their fault, they have been, in a sense, brainwashed by the very educational system in which their kids are being educated.

But either way, the choice of the word "thickheaded" indeed shows more than just facts.

(ad) My Music Staff
Check out the new way to manage your music studio
#2157919 - 09/26/13 09:41 AM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Gary D.]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
I find it interesting that those who criticize Gary's choice of words are not teachers themselves.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2157922 - 09/26/13 09:45 AM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Morodiene]
childofparadise2002 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Morodiene
I find it interesting that those who criticize Gary's choice of words are not teachers themselves.

Perhaps because parents are more sensitive about whether teachers respect parents?

But I AM a teacher, I'm not a piano teacher.

Edited by childofparadise2002 (09/26/13 09:47 AM)

#2157930 - 09/26/13 10:00 AM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Gary D.]
TimR Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
I'm in favor of year round school.

The US's summer off schedule is based on an agricultural economy that no longer exists, and on a very limited school curriculum (in 1900 only 50% of the population were schooled, with school defined as 1st to 5th grade).

If we had year round school the resistance to summer piano lessons would be much less.

#2158013 - 09/26/13 12:45 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Nikolas]
peekay Offline

Originally Posted By: Nikolas
Originally Posted By: peekay
Well, in reality, he can complain to the department head, who will make a big fuss, because the school really wants MY MONEY and will bend over backwards to get it.

But I get along great with my teacher, and I will say it again: I am glad I don't have to deal with piano teachers who think the whole world revolves around them. I would drop such a teacher in an instant.
Think about it for a second...

Are you sure that your school is teaching you to the best of their abilities? Because you're paying them... to learn, or to actually grab a degree? do you think they could be tricking you, to think you are doing great, but actually just making your life easier and lying to you?

just sayin'

Not very likely. I'm studying at the Royal Conservatory, home of the RCM exams used in many countries. Students are "required" to go through an assessment each term.

If the teacher isn't getting me ready at least to Grade standards, it would be painfully obvious from the next exam scores. Teachers (especially RCM staff instructors) don't like their students to get low scores because their name is on the record and it reflects poorly on them as well.

I just went up a grade and my teacher wants me to take the next exam in January. However, I might be out of the country all of December and part of January -- so I told him maybe the April exam is more realistic. He still thinks I will be prepared for January but is willing to work with me.

Had he instead complained about me taking leave, torpedoing my own progress, being hard-headed, etc., I'd probably drop him. There are many other RCM instructors and RCM is happy to get my $$$ each term.

But thankfully I have a great teacher.

#2158041 - 09/26/13 01:41 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Morodiene]
The Monkeys Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC

I found that fascinating too! Not a single piano teacher sees any problem with the choice of word. Doesn't it tell something?

I am not trying to criticize, just trying to understand.

Perhaps it is the mixed roles of teaching and customer service (and billing and accounting..)? I have recently talked to a customer service manager, her choice of words toward customers were... let's not go there.

Maybe separation of the roles will make a teacher happier? Outsource the billing, scheduling to someone else and focus on teaching? You know, the going rate for teaching is between $40-$80/hour, the rate of an office clerk is $12-$20/hour.

So gather 3 to 5 of your fellow teachers and hire someone to take care of the none-teaching tasks? I am just thinking out loud here.

#2158065 - 09/26/13 02:21 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Gary D.]
keystring Online   content

Loc: Canada
You have to separate two things. One is the fact of a teacher-to-teacher discussion where teachers are able to express their feelings to peers, while on the job they must present a professional manner at all times regardless of what happens. Private teachers work in absolute isolation. This is important. The second thing involves the actual issues. On the student side I'd acknowledge that frustrations are encountered and that there is the occasional need to vent in a safe place (albeit open to students and parents to read and thus be offended). The more important thing is what teachers is trying to do to help his students, and what kinds of obstacles they are facing which is causing such frustration. On a PRACTICAL side that will serve the parent or student.

Consider the situation of the private teacher - I mean a good one who actually has the expertise from years of study. This teacher will be an expert in piano playing, in music, in theory, as well as knowing how teaching and learning work. His clientele have none of that knowledge. Customers in other fields don't either, but if a builder designs and builds a house, his customer simply has to pay the money and move in when it's finished. Here the expert has to work with the client. He is teaching the child, and at any moment the parent is undermining the child's progress because the parent doesn't know better. This will be frustrating. It's not just that teachers care about the quality of their work, but they also care about the experience of the child. There will be frustration. Anyone working in isolation needs to be able to talk to others doing the same work. While dealing with students and parents, that frustration cannot show.

When I joined PW it was after several years of lessons on another instrument which followed the lessons of my teen child (who had gone on to a music major at that point). I felt that there was not much teacher-student/parent communication, what a teacher needed in cooperation was not very clear, and there was a passle of things that were question marks for me. How good is communication between teachers and parents/students in reality beyond assignments? One side of this issue, in the least, is for parents to understand the ramifications of their choices. How well are these brought across? In fact, are they?

What is obvious to a person in the field is not obvious to an outsider. That is true for any field. Here is a specific issue. What do we do with it? On both sides.

#2158082 - 09/26/13 02:48 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: keystring]
The Monkeys Offline

Keystring, you didn't understand my post, still thinking I was criticizing.

My observation is, that most of the frustration of the piano teacher were not directly related to teaching, but rooted from relationships with parents, payment, scheduling etc.

Most of clinics were owned by doctors, most/all doctors working there are associates.

I am think why not a teacher owned music schools? Let teachers do the teaching, and hire a school manager to deal with the rest?

#2158083 - 09/26/13 02:49 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Morodiene]
anrpiano Offline

Loc: Chicago
[quote=Morodiene][quote=Gary D.]I am going to be very up front in the future about how parents who take long times off for their kids ruin progress.

I am going to present this idea:

When you stop lessons for 3 months, it takes half that time to get back to where you were before you stopped. Off all summer means that maybe by the middle of October you are back where you were in May. Meanwhile the students who continued are 3 months ahead.

Many years ago, when my wife and I were just babes in the woods and after a summer where most of our students didn't take, we barely survived financially. We knew we needed to make a change. And we did exactly what Morodiene suggests. Only we added a twist, those who took more lessons got first choice in the fall for lessons times. My wife has even had people pay for missed lessons just to insure their choice of lesson times in the fall. You don't have to verbally tell them anything, just arrange the incentives for the desired outcomes. Obviously not everybody complies, but sometimes there is just no room for them in the fall and that takes care of the problem.
Downers Grove, IL 60515

#2158084 - 09/26/13 02:53 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Gary D.]
ezpiano.org Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Irvine, CA
Originally Posted By: Monkey
Let teachers do the teaching, and hire a school manager to deal with the rest?

Erm...my income is not enough to hire a school manager...so, I have to do everything myself...

Is that make sense?
@ http://bit.ly/Ready123

#2158093 - 09/26/13 03:03 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: ezpiano.org]
The Monkeys Offline

Originally Posted By: ezpiano.org

Erm...my income is not enough to hire a school manager...so, I have to do everything myself...

Is that make sense?

Usually a single doctor's income is not enough to maintain a clinic. Many clinics have 4-6 doctors and they collectively own the clinic, and share the cost of the office, equipment and staff. (Primary care is an exception that the physicians often work alone).

I am wondering why music teachers don't usually work together.

#2158113 - 09/26/13 03:46 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: ezpiano.org]
TimR Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Is that make sense?

ez,
I think Monkey was suggesting that you are spending your time doing office manager work that's only worth $20 per hour, when you should be teaching and earning $40 per hour.

You could teach more and earn more money if you didn't have to spend time on the office stuff. Maybe you spend an hour a week doing paperwork, billings, etc. That's an hour where you earn zero income. If you taught for that hour, earned $40, and paid $20 to an office person, you'd be ahead $20, and you'd be less frustrated.

You don't need a full time office person because there isn't enough work, so a group of teachers could share one. That would let them focus on what they like doing and earn the most money at, teaching.

That's the theory.

In reality, you probably do that stuff during late hours when you couldn't schedule a student anyway.

#2158119 - 09/26/13 03:50 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: The Monkeys]

Originally Posted By: The Monkeys
Keystring, you didn't understand my post, still thinking I was criticizing.

actually I wasn't addressing you, but the system will make it look like we're addressing a particular person. smile

#2158120 - 09/26/13 03:55 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: The Monkeys]

But now I am. smile

Perhaps it is the mixed roles of teaching and customer service (and billing and accounting..)? I have recently talked to a customer service manager, her choice of words toward customers were... let's not go there.

Certainly the administrative side of a freelance business is a problem, because the expert in one field suddenly has to be an expert in accounting, customer procurement etc. Plus it is time that could be spent in the primary occupation: whether teaching or otherwise.

But I don't think this addresses the present situation. You have teachers who know what will help their students progress, and what will impede that progress, and have worked hard toward that progress. Then actions over which they have little control hurts that progress, and may be demoralizing to their students. Having someone take over bookkeeping or acting as receptionist for phone calls won't solve that particular situation.

#2158130 - 09/26/13 04:07 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: keystring]
The Monkeys Offline

Originally Posted By: keystring
Having someone take over bookkeeping or acting as receptionist for phone calls won't solve that particular situation.

If it makes a teacher happier overall, and in a better mood, maybe the teacher will be less frustrated of that particular issue and will naturally use different choice of words? wink

#2158133 - 09/26/13 04:16 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: The Monkeys]

Originally Posted By: keystring
Having someone take over bookkeeping or acting as receptionist for phone calls won't solve that particular situation.

If it makes a teacher happier overall, and in a better mood, maybe the teacher will be less frustrated of that particular issue and will naturally use different choice of words? wink

This was a conversation among peers. I doubt that the same words would be used in the studio. Have you ever been in the staff room of a public school? You will hear excellent and dedicated teachers vent. Then they go back into the classroom and give their best. It's something that I remember from my young years as a teacher. The best often vented the most. It's the complacent teacher who couldn't care less that I'd worry about.

#2158138 - 09/26/13 04:29 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: peekay]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: South Florida
Originally Posted By: peekay
The first post assumes parents are just a bunch of "thick-headed" morons who are intent to "torpedo" their own kids progress. Quotes from the original post.

That's my objection.

That's your assumption. It was about SOME parents.

There are also teachers who torpedo the progress of their students.

You seem to be taking some general remarks very personally.

I have students who have to take time off who have very good reasons for doing so.

But I have a few who, in my opinion, who just are not thinking about the results of taking long periods off.

Sometimes the parents whole kids take the most time off are the ones who are most demanding about progress. Some of them blame teachers for the fact that their children are learning very slowly.

Now, I'm asking you the same question: what is your grudge with me?

#2158143 - 09/26/13 04:44 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Gary D.]
MaggieGirl Offline

I don't really know how long a student has to quit before bad habits and regression happens.

But from an athletic pov, it is detrimental for a child to play one sport all year. Cross training must happen and breaks must happen or they are prone to injury and burn out.

And when injuries happen, they do not start back at square one. In 6 months off the ice, my daughter did not fall 6 months behind. She fell 3 months behind and in other areas improved (artistic elements, flexibility, endurance). Because while she couldn't skate she took up ariel acrobatics and strength training. Before she could do jumps and spins, she had more time on footwork. Certain elements did take 6 months to get consistent again(namely double jumps).

But for a child, nothing was lost forever and she is at the same level as girls who did not have the 6 months off within the 6 months back on.

So in the "big picture", she learned how to make a come back, how to fail, how to train mentally, how to overcome fear. She would not have learned those things without the injury.

I think piano would be similar - there might be a lot of extra work to get back where you would have been but if it's what you want - fight for it. The parents might not be thickheaded morons. They might see a child who really needs time off to pursue other interests (sleep away summer camp, trying new things).

It's not a race with a finish line.

#2158146 - 09/26/13 05:03 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Gary D.]
ezpiano.org Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Irvine, CA
Originally Posted By: OP
Who torpedo their kids' progress yearly?

Can OP explain what is torpedo means here in this context? I am lost...
@ http://bit.ly/Ready123

#2158147 - 09/26/13 05:05 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Gary D.]
The Monkeys Offline

My main point is:

I see some of the teachers are in perpetual bad mood, and the majority of the venting I heard here is NOT directly teaching related.

I was wondering if teachers would be happier if we can let teachers to focus on teaching and not to be burdened with the miscellaneous activities.

#2158148 - 09/26/13 05:06 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: TimR]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: TimR
Teaching would be a lot more fun if it weren't for all those students! Hee, hee.

Students taking long breaks must indeed be frustrating. It's not easy to see good progress yanked away when it seems so easy to avoid it.

But ultimately you only have a couple of choices.

Forbid it, and drop any student who won't comply.

Accept it, and find a way to deal with the frustration.

Bad practice is really worse than no practice? I'm in trouble then. I do a lot of things wrong, but work ethic has never been a problem. Maybe I should try to be more lazy.

Tim, think of practicing with the wrong embouchure, really hard, day after day and not knowing it is wrong.

Think of playing a position in the wrong place, day after day, until you learn to play E, Eb, A and Ab all midway between position 2 and 3.

Or think of any number of things that go wrong in the first year, also on piano.

I am not talking about people who have been playing well for a number of years, and talking about children, who learn bad habits quickly and then internalize them.

But for the people who want to play well, on a very advanced level, it is very important to get feedback from someone, at least now and then, about things that are creeping in that should not be there.

And feedback does not have to come from a teacher - it can come from other places. It's just not good to work in a vacuum.

#2158175 - 09/26/13 06:21 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Morodiene]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Now to address the OP. I think with educating the parents. Sometimes talking to them works, but often that isn't enough. Having a "reward" for students/parents who continue through the summer can help. If students take a minimum of 6 lessons with me over the summer, they get priority scheduling in the fall semester. Otherwise, their time could be given away to someone else. This sends a message that it really is important they stick with it. Still, some don't get it even if they are capable of continuing.

First of all, you probably guessed that I was really expressing frustration at seeing some students - not all by any means - coming back in September and that I was feeling frustrated because they are behind where they were in May.

Obviously as a teacher I am frustrated too, because of course I want to see people make maximum strides, and that simply does not happen for the kids who are gone three months - and sometimes more.

And I suppose what I wrote was a combination of that frustration and thinking out loud on a frustrating day.

Now, I did use the word "thick-headed". I don't remember if I used a hyphen. smile

At the time it did not seem like a horrible choice of words. I didn't swear, or insult anyone here, so I'm a bit surprised at the blow-back.

I would assume most people would agree that some people can be very thick-headed, and some of those people are parents.

Some are also teachers, by the way.

I also believe I talked about "some" parents, and apparently from that it was assumed that no parents have good reasons for stopping lessons - which is not true at all.

Probably a bigger issue - one that we have talked about before - is that even when teachers are attempting to talk to each other in a teachers forum, because it is an open forum students and parents join in.

OK. I get that. What I don't get is that many students and parents, reading here, seem to automatically assume that they are being slammed, or insulted, or trashed personally because of some general statements being made.

I feel no need to wade into any discussions in other forums that happen to be about teachers. I don't assume that comments, even if some of them are vents, are directly aimed at me. So when I reply there - which I do not do often - I will usually try to present my own viewpoints without assuming that something said was something I need to take personally.

#2158184 - 09/26/13 06:27 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: ezpiano.org]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: OP
Who torpedo their kids' progress yearly?

Can OP explain what is torpedo means here in this context? I am lost...

What I meant was that some parents actually get in the way of their learning of their kids, and often they then blame other people for decisions they make.

Again - since it seems to be necessary to be clear here - I was not saying that all parents who stop lessons are doing that.

But as other people have said - and I agree with this - now and then we run into parents who are very unreasonable about expecting near miracles from us, the teachers, when they do little or nothing that we ask.

I would also wager that all of us here, at least once, have been blamed for being anything but the best of teachers because nothing we asked for was done.

#2158261 - 09/26/13 08:46 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: The Monkeys]
Morodiene Offline

I found that fascinating too! Not a single piano teacher sees any problem with the choice of word. Doesn't it tell something?

I am not trying to criticize, just trying to understand.

Maybe separation of the roles will make a teacher happier? Outsource the billing, scheduling to someone else and focus on teaching? You know, the going rate for teaching is between $40-$80/hour, the rate of an office clerk is $12-$20/hour.

So gather 3 to 5 of your fellow teachers and hire someone to take care of the none-teaching tasks? I am just thinking out loud here.

None of these are really practical, unfortunately. But we *do* separate. We come online and speak about anonymous students. Then we sort things out in our mind before we approach the student or parent in question as rationally and reasonably as we can.

#2158263 - 09/26/13 08:50 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: The Monkeys]
Morodiene Offline

Is that make sense?

Usually a single doctor's income is not enough to maintain a clinic. Many clinics have 4-6 doctors and they collectively own the clinic, and share the cost of the office, equipment and staff. (Primary care is an exception that the physicians often work alone).

I am wondering why music teachers don't usually work together.
It's hard to have a concentration of piano teachers in one place, because there aren't that many piano students. You'd have to have a different instrument for each teacher in order for everyone to draw students. Not as easy to do, but some can and do. This is why me and my partner opened up a school together. But it is tough having two voice teachers. I'm glad I teach piano too.

#2158265 - 09/26/13 08:54 PM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: TimR]
Morodiene Offline

Is that make sense?

ez,
I think Monkey was suggesting that you are spending your time doing office manager work that's only worth $20 per hour, when you should be teaching and earning $40 per hour.

You could teach more and earn more money if you didn't have to spend time on the office stuff. Maybe you spend an hour a week doing paperwork, billings, etc. That's an hour where you earn zero income. If you taught for that hour, earned $40, and paid $20 to an office person, you'd be ahead $20, and you'd be less frustrated.

You don't need a full time office person because there isn't enough work, so a group of teachers could share one. That would let them focus on what they like doing and earn the most money at, teaching.

That's the theory.

In reality, you probably do that stuff during late hours when you couldn't schedule a student anyway.

Hmm, this thread isn't really about the money stuff and billing and all that. It's about a student falling behind because they didn't take lessons over the summer. So even if you can afford an office manager/bookkeeper, that's not going to resolve the issue and resulting frustration.

#2158481 - 09/27/13 08:45 AM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: TimR]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Accept it, and find a way to deal with the frustration...

Isn't that what he's doing by posting here?

#2158488 - 09/27/13 09:07 AM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: malkin]
TimR Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: malkin

No.

#2158504 - 09/27/13 09:43 AM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: TimR]
Morodiene Offline

No.
How do you know?

#2158567 - 09/27/13 11:51 AM Re: Parents who stop lessons for months [Re: Morodiene]
TimR Offline
3000 Post Club Member

No.
How do you know?

The OP asked for help communicating with thick-headed parents. The "deal with frustration" direction is just me hijacking the thread.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
110 registered (Allan W., accordeur, 15shoes, 36251, A Guy, 33 invisible), 991 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75984 Members
42 Forums
157154 Topics
2308075 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New start - wish me good luck:)
by FarmGirl
08/29/14 11:21 PM
Automatic Piano Players...
by tksler
08/29/14 10:33 PM
No one home?
by ScottM
08/29/14 08:05 PM
Prokofiev's 5 piano concertos, live: Marinskij/Gergiev etc
by fnork
08/29/14 07:36 PM
Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan
by Serge Marinkovic
08/29/14 07:05 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission