Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2171170 - 10/24/13 10:28 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.

Now then; what am I going to bash yer ears with this time? An old Joe Cocker, or a recent hacked up Elton Johnny . . . whaddya think?

""

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2171235 - 10/24/13 12:21 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Hmmm... I like Elton John's songs more than Cocker's, so my vote's on the dude with the sparkly clothes and glasses.

#2171276 - 10/24/13 01:28 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Wow all these submissions sound so interesting!

Sam, I had to look up Dorian mode - I'm very curious to hear which piece this will turn out to be!

TrapperJohn - can't wait for more Mis!

Mr. Super-Hunky , looking forward to the goosebumps!

2 Beethovens already!

Mine will be a Rebikov smile

Sinophilia - I love minuets too - and even if I didn't I would still urge you to play whatever you want to!!!

#2171279 - 10/24/13 01:31 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: peterws]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Originally Posted By: peterws

... what am I going to bash yer ears with this time? An old Joe Cocker, or a recent hacked up Elton Johnny . . .

Love the piano riff in "Feeling Alright", or a version of "You can Leave Your Hat On" would be splendid in my books ...

#2171327 - 10/24/13 03:11 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
Mmm... it's looks like I have two requests for the minuets!

I got another recording actually, of something a bit more lively that I also managed to play (much slower) on the acoustic piano. We'll see... I know you can't wait grin

#2171342 - 10/24/13 03:32 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
"Old Joe Cocker" sounds like a bluegrass tune smile

Cathy

#2171355 - 10/24/13 04:04 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: Greener]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
I reckon Joe Cocker had one of the best backing bands in the business . . I`m sure I`ve heard his piano player on other artist`s stuff . . .

""

#2171359 - 10/24/13 04:21 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: casinitaly]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: casinitaly

TrapperJohn - can't wait for more Mis!

Cheryl - I'm afraid you're going to have to - my piece is not from that, but from that entertaining spectacle "The Lion King" and the pen of that entertaining spectacle Elton John (or "Johnny", as some would have it...)

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#2171361 - 10/24/13 04:23 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: jotur]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jotur
"Old Joe Cocker" sounds like a bluegrass tune smile

Cathy

smile - a banjo solo...

#2171368 - 10/24/13 04:29 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: TrapperJohn]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
Are any Chuck Berry tunes allowed in a recital or does it depend on which one? grin

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

#2171401 - 10/24/13 05:20 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Chuck Berry in the next quarterly recital FTW!

Cathy

#2171449 - 10/24/13 06:56 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: jotur]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
Originally Posted By: jotur
Chuck Berry in the next quarterly recital FTW!

Cathy

Well, how about a recital in 2015 or 2020 then? grin

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

#2171512 - 10/24/13 09:47 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Peter... I vote for Joe Cocker, but only if you sing too. smile

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2171583 - 10/25/13 12:32 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
Arrgg, all my agony last recital about tuning my piano - it's still not tuned and worse than before.

It's been a rough year, and I wanna do something to mark it. I just hope to find the motivation to finish and mark this year while finding the motivation to at least tune this piano.

As an adult beginner, it's sometimes easy to feel like a fish hauled up flopping on the deck - it's sometimes harder to take those tiny fins and take over the boat and go where you want to.

#2171712 - 10/25/13 08:52 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: BenPiano]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: BenPiano

As an adult beginner, it's sometimes easy to feel like a fish hauled up flopping on the deck -

"Flounder" around, sort of...something to "carp" about...and always having to "tuna' the piano...makes one want to jump the "shark'...

#2171875 - 10/25/13 02:35 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
When is the next recital?

#2171877 - 10/25/13 02:38 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: ElleC]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ElleC

November 15. It'll be open for submissions on Nov 1 -

Cathy

#2172075 - 10/25/13 10:10 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: ElleC]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ElleC

Too soon!

XXIX-XXXII

#2172121 - 10/26/13 12:31 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: TrapperJohn]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: TrapperJohn

As an adult beginner, it's sometimes easy to feel like a fish hauled up flopping on the deck -

"Flounder" around, sort of...something to "carp" about...and always having to "tuna' the piano...makes one want to jump the "shark'...

Hey, I don't mean to get crabby about your post, but whaling about puns is my forte.

Holy mackerel, I don't want to drum up treble, but these fish puns are seriously influencing my bass playing.

For the halibut, I'll scale back and not try to sound so crappie.

#2172224 - 10/26/13 08:20 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: BenPiano]
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains

For the halibut, I'll scale back and not try to sound so crappie.

Well, Ben, if you angling for compliments I guess you'll just have wait with baited breath till FRYday the 15th.

(This is why I love you guys!)

#2172238 - 10/26/13 09:03 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

I see we'd clamor for more puns in this group[er]. Glad to hear that salmon Ben will both be participating.

XXIX-XXXII

#2172239 - 10/26/13 09:03 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: BenPiano]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Holy mackerel, I don't want to drum up treble, but these fish puns are seriously influencing my bass playing.

Just exactly how does one "play a bass" - does one beat it, pluck it or blow into it? And alive or dead? And how is this notated - on the bass clef? That's the bass clef and not the bass clef...

(Edited to add that I too was tempted to use some play on "bass", but considered it too much of a stretch, far too weak and desperate, and so didn't fall for it hook, line & sinker like some other "suckers" laugh )

Edited by TrapperJohn (10/26/13 09:08 AM)

#2172253 - 10/26/13 09:32 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
Originally Posted By: TrapperJohn
Just exactly how does one "play a bass"
You don't play it, TJ, you press the button!! smile

#2172435 - 10/26/13 03:59 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Thank goodness there's still a few weeks to go! I tried recording the Chopin Raindrop Prelude last weekend, and on the playback, all I could hear was the THUNK, THUNK, THUNK of that repeated A flat in the left hand. Argh! Back to the drawing board, with some hints and exercises from my teacher. Hope to make some progress over the next week.

(BTW, I'm hoping if I ignore all the puns, they'll just quietly go away. laugh )

#2172439 - 10/26/13 04:14 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: MaryBee]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: MaryBee
(BTW, I'm hoping if I ignore all the puns, they'll just quietly go away. laugh )
You meant to say swim away ...

Kawai K3

#2172463 - 10/26/13 05:17 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: peterws]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Spanish living in UK
Originally Posted By: peterws

Now then; what am I going to bash yer ears with this time? An old Joe Cocker, or a recent hacked up Elton Johnny . . . whaddya think?

Joe Cocker, please! He's got great songs and versions. I'm quite fond of "noisy" late 60's and early 70's, much to the amusement of my friends. grin

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

#2172473 - 10/26/13 05:43 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: -Frycek]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

I... see we'd... CLAMor for more puns in this group[er]. Glad to hear that salmon Ben will both be participating.

XXIX-XXXII

#2172475 - 10/26/13 05:46 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: MaryBee]
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains

Eel be quiet as clams. Time to stop harpooning on it and find something else to octopi our time.

#2172476 - 10/26/13 05:57 PM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: Andy Platt]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Andy Platt
You meant to say swim away ...

MaryBee's carping about the puns, but cod she just being koi? smile

XXIX-XXXII

#2173105 - 10/28/13 10:00 AM Re: Ok, so this is the UNOFFICIAL one month to recital thread. [Re: Greener]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Originally Posted By: Greener
OK, so I am psyched to record this weekend...

Didn't quite happen.

The melody is not rising as I would like and I still have a section that is quite weak in comparison to the rest. It tends to get very muddy, quickly.

It was revealing.

The good news is ... all my equipment is set up to keep trying through the week. This recording exercise is a very good discipline ... I wouldn't otherwise be nearly so fussy, and likely would moved on long ago.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
127 registered (accordeur, A Guy, AB99, 36251, 46 invisible), 1510 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76007 Members
42 Forums
157164 Topics
2308238 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Portable keyboard stand for Kawai ES7
by gbitw
23 minutes 55 seconds ago
Recital Piece to go with Fur Elise
by eccp19
Today at 03:22 PM
SURVEY - Your Favorite Virtual Piano Library
by ChoPraTs
Today at 03:18 PM
Which to choose Yamaha CLP-115 or Roland RP 101
by Johnride
Today at 02:43 PM
My P155 died. Need a cheaper alternative.
by Lynsey
Today at 01:35 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission