Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#2175747 - 11/02/13 01:48 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: MaryBee]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
(Too ambitious? I may end up regretting this.)

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2175804 - 11/02/13 08:26 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: MaryBee]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Originally Posted By: MaryBee
You have lots of time! Take it slow and be methodical in your approach. If you never push yourself, you won't ever know what you can accomplish! smile
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2175933 - 11/02/13 02:36 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: MaryBee]
tangleweeds Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012

Loc: Portlandia

I'm feeling a bit of this too. But I'm taking Morodiene's words to heart also.

OTOH, if there's anyone out there who loves Op.39 no.22 The Lark as much as I do, but is more confident of their ability to pull it off, just let me know. I'll happily cede to anyone more competent than myself.

... but if no-one else wants it, I feel really good about it as a challenge piece.

neglected piano blog

#2175955 - 11/02/13 03:54 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
I wish mine was half the length. 3 min is toooo long . . .I only have a half mb memory . . .and it`s already stretched to it`s max on the Joplin thingy . .

""

#2176040 - 11/02/13 06:47 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
I'm wondering. How can you have a Tchaikovsky Recital without the 1812 Overture?
Does somebody have something against playing with cannons? HHHHhhhhuuuuummmmm? smile

#2176042 - 11/02/13 06:50 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: MaryBee]
AZ_Astro Offline

Loc: Tempe, Arizona

I just listened to a Youtube recording of the Berceuse piece in Opus 72.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7_ZbbKlj8

... and I read along with the score. Looked challenging for me (early intermediate) but depending on your level, it might be very manageable.

But what a delightful piece that will give you great joy! I was quite taken with its charm and I think it is well worth the effort.

#2176138 - 11/02/13 08:41 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: AZ_Astro]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: AZ_Astro

... and I read along with the score. Looked challenging for me (early intermediate) but depending on your level, it might be very manageable.

But what a delightful piece that will give you great joy! I was quite taken with its charm and I think it is well worth the effort.
I wasn't sure I wanted to participate in this recital, because I'm not familiar with Tchaikovsky's piano music, and I couldn't find a piece on the list that really appealed until I got to Op. 72. This one I thought especially charming. I think it should be okay for my level (although there's an 8-measure sections of triplets that could be trouble!), but I'm just worried that I'm taking on a few too many pieces: one for the Joplin recital, the usual ABF quarterly recitals, this one, and then another very special piece that I'm going to start learning soon.

#2176148 - 11/02/13 08:58 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: rnaple]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Originally Posted By: rnaple
I'm wondering. How can you have a Tchaikovsky Recital without the 1812 Overture?
Does somebody have something against playing with cannons? HHHHhhhhuuuuummmmm? smile

Or even a loose cannon? smile

Cathy

#2177286 - 11/05/13 12:42 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
AZ_Astro Offline

Loc: Tempe, Arizona
I am so pleased that I joined this Tchaikovsky recital. Maybe I like the Russian style? But I am finding that the Opus 39 pieces (Album for the Young) to be quite delightful and there are five or six pieces in there that I would enjoy knowing. The French Song looks almost sight-readable! (I'm sure it is, for those with the knack!)

The Grieg recital was also very rewarding to participate in and I adored many of those pieces as well.

AZ

#2178125 - 11/06/13 06:01 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: MaryBee]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: AZ_Astro

I wasn't sure I wanted to participate in this recital, because I'm not familiar with Tchaikovsky's piano music, and I couldn't find a piece on the list that really appealed until I got to Op. 72. This one I thought especially charming. I think it should be okay for my level (although there's an 8-measure sections of triplets that could be trouble!), but I'm just worried that I'm taking on a few too many pieces: one for the Joplin recital, the usual ABF quarterly recitals, this one, and then another very special piece that I'm going to start learning soon.

That`s a great piece. I never had time to try `em before grabbing one I liked or I`d`ve had that!

""

#2178127 - 11/06/13 06:03 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Anybody other than me chord this stuff to assist the "flow" of the learning process?

""

#2178217 - 11/06/13 09:50 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: peterws]
tangleweeds Offline

Originally Posted By: peterws
Anybody other than me chord this stuff to assist the "flow" of the learning process?

I colored my score.

neglected piano blog

#2178251 - 11/06/13 11:45 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: peterws]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

What do you mean by "chord" it?

#2178271 - 11/07/13 01:32 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: MaryBee]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

You can pick out the chords in the music and write`em down. Mine`s written in Bflat. But many others come into play. Augmented, diminished, it all helps me to join up the left and right hands a tad faster! Like a busker`s sheet.

""

#2178280 - 11/07/13 02:23 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: peterws]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California

Yeah, I like doing this and then also memorizing the progressions. By analyzing the harmonic structures and progressions, you'll have a greater understanding of the music, an easier time memorizing it, and a more secure memorization once done.

#2178750 - 11/07/13 09:56 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
I don't chord it, but I do practice just playing the block chords when it's a tricky spot. I also don't make such nice colors on mine! Tangleweeds, what do all the colors mean?

So I've been also working on the rest of Op. 2 in case I actually get to do it. I've noticed that in all 3 of the pieces, Tchaikovsky (can we just call him the Tchai-man?) used hemiolas and figures that cross over bar-lines and obscure the time signature. Anyone else encounter these?

I've also noticed he likes to state something and repeat it twice, then move on to another idea, and repeat.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2178756 - 11/07/13 10:01 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: tangleweeds]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Originally Posted By: tangleweeds

I colored my score.

How in the world do you read that? laugh What does it all mean?

Polyphonist

#2178783 - 11/07/13 11:02 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
tangleweeds Offline

The coloring is mostly to highlight the tonic and dominant in the main key, and relative minor. So the main key is G major = green, dominant = D = orange; then shift to relative minor, E minor = blue, dominant = B = purple. I also marked the grace note whatchacallems with slashes of magenta, made the 8va parts radioactive lemon, and what else? traced out clef changes and dynamic markings...

It's kind of a game of highlighting, marking and/or detailing out anything and everything of possible interest or significance, as a way of making explicit in my mind all of the details I might possibly need to remember.

When I went back to university in my 30s (I'm quite a bit older now), I got tested for learning styles, and I'm visual/kinesthetic. One of my study tricks was getting all kinesthetic (notes/lists/outlines in the margins, plus multi-color highlighting) on my visual text (or in this case score). At school I would kind of squint at my multicolor-highlighted textbooks and quiz myself to fill in the info on the basis of my defacements. I got all As, so maybe it worked.

So now I'm kinda doing the same thing with this score, as I use it to follow along with the various professional recordings I've found of my piece on iTunes.

It's all part of an elaborate plot to keep tension out of my hands (and entire being) when I'm at the piano. I've realized that a huge amount of the time I tense up, it's because I'm not entirely certain what's happening next. So I'm trying to be entirely certain about what the score says, so as to stay more relaxed at the piano.

Edited by tangleweeds (11/07/13 11:03 PM)

neglected piano blog

#2179243 - 11/08/13 05:12 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: peterws]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

You can pick out the chords in the music and write`em down. Mine`s written in Bflat. But many others come into play. Augmented, diminished, it all helps me to join up the left and right hands a tad faster! Like a busker`s sheet.
Oh, yes, I do that too. My teacher had me start doing that some time ago, and it actually helps me a bit with memorization too. Because instead of having to remember 5 notes, for instance, I just remember the chord.

#2179345 - 11/08/13 08:34 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: MaryBee]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
I've got Schubert's op 90/3 on the backburner. If you've never heard it, it's got a top melody, a bass line, and tons of chord notes in the middle. I actually wrote out the whole thing as block chords so I could learn it that way. I play the block chords for a few measures, then switch to the music for the same passage.

It's too soon to tell if it's really helping though! So far I've been disappointed - I thought it would be a magic spell that would give me a big breakthrough - nope.

Sam

#2179443 - 11/09/13 04:52 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: Sam S]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Writing the chords on the score helps mainly (I think) to identify the notes` order. Like, a B flat chord can come in 3 inversions, anywhere up or down the keyboard. The music identifies the inversion and positioning of the chord.

I know, it`s not as easy as I make it sound. But it does help quite a lot in learning and retaining! There are however, always those chords which defy description!*&%^!! We shall say nowt about them.

""

#2180258 - 11/10/13 06:43 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
There are however, always those chords which defy description!
Despite their ability to avoid being named they are fairly unique and, certainly for me, their uniqueness makes them stand out and be more memorable.

I always analyse my music before starting but it begins mostly with a structural analysis to find repeated patterns and phrases or anything that might stand out. The harmonic analysis doesn't begin until I'm actually working one phrase at a time, fingering, phrasing, dynamics and all. It's only near the end, when all or most of the phrases have been learnt or when I start to put phrases together that I look at the overall harmonic progress through the piece. I tend to memorise better from a melodic or thematic analysis than harmonic.

#2180373 - 11/10/13 09:56 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: zrtf90
Despite their ability to avoid being named they are fairly unique and, certainly for me, their uniqueness makes them stand out and be more memorable.
"The chord that must not be named." That sounds a little scary. laugh

#2180486 - 11/11/13 05:54 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: wayne33yrs]
Anne H Offline

I'll take a stab at the lovely Berceuse - I've never tried any of his piano music that wasn't in the Classics to Moderns books! It sounds like it will be a nice piece to move into spring with.

The Tchaikovsky Themed Recital is due to take place April 15.
To preserve existing selections, always QUOTE from the latest list then, in any order:

-- Delete the initial "[quote=<name> ]"
-- Delete the final "[/quote ]"
-- Add your name and the bold tags, "[b ]" and "[/b ]", around your chosen piece.

Then submit the new list.

A 30sec clip is available of each piece in the same order as below @ http://www.deezer.com/en/album/4725421 (If you sign up or in with FB, the whole pieces can be played for free)
Or here, if you're restricted from the above due to your location:
http://www.allmusic.com/album/tchaikovsky-complete-piano-works-mw0001360556

Op. 1 No. 1. Scherzo a la russe
Op. 1 No. 2. Impromptu

Op. 2 No. 1. Ruines d'un chateau (Morodiene)
Op. 2 No. 2. Scherzo
Op. 2 No. 3. Chant sans paroles

Op. 4 Valse caprice in D major
Op. 5 Romance in F minor (Ganddalf)
Op. 7 Valse-scherzo No. 1 in A major
Op. 8 Capriccio in G flat major

Op. 9 No. 1. Reverie
Op. 9 No. 2. Polka de salon
Op. 9 No. 3. Mazurka de salon

Op. 10 No. 1. Nocturne in F major (Valencia)
Op. 10 No. 2. Humoresque in E minor

Op. 19 No. 1. Reverie du soir (Dipsy)
Op. 19 No. 2. Scherzo humoristique
Op. 19 No. 3. Feuillet d'album (zrtf90)
Op. 19 No. 4. Nocturne (Rupak Bhattacharya)
Op. 19 No. 5. Capriccioso
Op. 19 No. 6. Theme originale et variations

Op. 21 No. 1. Prelude in B major
Op. 21 No. 2. Fugue a 4 voix in G sharp minor
Op. 21 No. 3. Impromptu in C sharp minor
Op. 21 No. 4. Marche funebre in A flat minor
Op. 21 No. 5. Mazurque in A flat minor
Op. 21 No. 6. Scherzo in A flat major

Op. 37 No. 1 January: By the Fireside (dynamobt)
Op. 37 No. 2 February: Carnival
Op. 37 No. 3 March: Song of the Lark (SwissMS)
Op. 37 No. 4 April: Snowdrop (Pavel.K)
Op. 37 No. 5 May: White Nights
Op. 37 No. 6 June: Barcarolle (Sam S)
Op. 37 No. 7 July: Song of the Reaper
Op. 37 No. 8 August: The Harvest (dire tonic)
Op. 37 No. 9 September: The Hunt
Op. 37 No. 10 October: Autumn Song (Andy Platt)
Op. 37 No. 11 November: Troika
Op. 37 No. 12 December: Christmas (carlos88)

Op. 39 No. 1. Morning Prayer (casinitaly)
Op. 39 No. 2. Winter Morning
Op. 39 No. 3. Mamma
Op. 39 No. 4. Hobbyhorse
Op. 39 No. 5. The Toy Soldiers' March
Op. 39 No. 6. The New Doll (ClsscLib)
Op. 39 No. 7. The Sick Doll (earlofmar)
Op. 39 No. 8. The Doll's Funeral
Op. 39 No. 9. Waltz
Op. 39 No. 10. Polka
Op. 39 No. 11. Mazurka
Op. 39 No. 12. Russian Song
Op. 39 No. 13. Peasant Prelude
Op. 39 No. 14. Popular Song
Op. 39 No. 15. Italian Song (sinophilia)
Op. 39 No. 16. Old French Song (Recaredo)
Op. 39 No. 17. German Song
Op. 39 No. 18. Neapolitan Song (IreneAdler)
Op. 39 No. 19. A Nursery Tale
Op. 39 No. 20. The Witch Baba Yaga
Op. 39 No. 21. Sweet Dreams (AimeeO)
Op. 39 No. 22. The Lark (tangleweeds)
Op. 39 No. 23. At Church (AZ_Astro)
Op. 39 No. 24. The Organ-Grinder's Song

Op. 40 No. 1. Etude
Op. 40 No. 2. Chanson triste
Op. 40 No. 3. Marche funebre
Op. 40 No. 4. Mazurka in C major
Op. 40 No. 5. Mazurka in D major
Op. 40 No. 6. Chant sans paroles
Op. 40 No. 7. Au village
Op. 40 No. 8. Valse in A flat major
Op. 40 No. 9. Valse in F sharp minor (PikaPianist)
Op. 40 No. 10. Danse russe
Op. 40 No. 11. Scherzo
Op. 40 No. 12. Reverie interrompue

Op. 51 No. 1. Valse de salon
Op. 51 No. 2. Polka peu dansante
Op. 51 No. 3. Menuetto scherzoso
Op. 51 No. 4. Natha-valse
Op. 51 No. 5. Romance
Op. 51 No. 6. Valse sentimentale (lyricmudra)

Op. 72 No. 1. Impromptu Prostnikova (Peterws)
Op. 72 No. 2. Berceuse (Anne H)
Op. 72 No. 3. Tendres reproches
Op. 72 No. 4. Danse caracteristique
Op. 72 No. 5. Meditation
Op. 72 No. 6. Mazurka pour danser
Op. 72 No. 7. Polacca de concert
Op. 72 No. 8. Dialogue
Op. 72 No. 9. Un poco di Schumann (Wayne32yrs)
Op. 72 No. 10. Scherzo-fantaisie
Op. 72 No. 11. Valse bluette
Op. 72 No. 12. L'espiegle
Op. 72 No. 13. Echo rustique
Op. 72 No. 14. Chant elegiaque
Op. 72 No. 15. Un poco di Chopin
Op. 72 No. 16. Valse a cinq temps
Op. 72 No. 17. Passe lointain
Op. 72 No. 18. Scene dansante: invitation au trepak
Bach Inventions
Einaudi - Berlin Song, Reverie

#2180489 - 11/11/13 06:45 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

I always analyse my music before starting but it begins mostly with a structural analysis to find repeated patterns and phrases or anything that might stand out. The harmonic analysis doesn't begin until I'm actually working one phrase at a time, fingering, phrasing, dynamics and all. It's only near the end, when all or most of the phrases have been learnt or when I start to put phrases together that I look at the overall harmonic progress through the piece. I tend to memorise better from a melodic or thematic analysis than harmonic.

I think I`m going to have to change my tactic. My usual method isn`t working, I`m still on p1 and likely to remain so in the forseeable future ,. . . .Guess I better break it down to a couple o` bars at a time. I`m not going to get a feel for the whole page. Just not gonna happen. . . see what another week brings.

""

#2180515 - 11/11/13 08:33 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City

Which chords are these? I have yet to see a chord that can't be named.

Polyphonist

#2180541 - 11/11/13 09:43 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Unfortunately, AnneH, Marybee has already taken the Berceuse. The list you used was rather out of date and missing several selections.

The Tchaikovsky Themed Recital is due to take place April 15.

To preserve existing selections, always QUOTE from the latest list then, in any order:

-- Delete the initial "[quote=<name> ]"
-- Delete the final "[/quote ]"
-- Add your name and the bold tags, "[b ]" and "[/b ]", around your chosen piece.

Then submit the new list.

Op. 1 No. 1. Scherzo a la russe
Op. 1 No. 2. Impromptu

Op. 2 No. 1. Ruines d'un chateau (Morodiene)
Op. 2 No. 2. Scherzo
Op. 2 No. 3. Chant sans paroles

Op. 4 Valse caprice in D major
Op. 5 Romance in F minor (Ganddalf)
Op. 7 Valse-scherzo No. 1 in A major
Op. 8 Capriccio in G flat major

Op. 9 No. 1. Reverie
Op. 9 No. 2. Polka de salon
Op. 9 No. 3. Mazurka de salon

Op. 10 No. 1. Nocturne in F major (Valencia)
Op. 10 No. 2. Humoresque in E minor

Op. 19 No. 1. Reverie du soir (Dipsy)
Op. 19 No. 2. Scherzo humoristique
Op. 19 No. 3. Feuillet d'album (zrtf90)
Op. 19 No. 4. Nocturne (Rupak Bhattacharya)
Op. 19 No. 5. Capriccioso
Op. 19 No. 6. Theme originale et variations

Op. 21 No. 1. Prelude in B major
Op. 21 No. 2. Fugue a 4 voix in G sharp minor
Op. 21 No. 3. Impromptu in C sharp minor
Op. 21 No. 4. Marche funebre in A flat minor
Op. 21 No. 5. Mazurque in A flat minor
Op. 21 No. 6. Scherzo in A flat major

Op. 37 No. 1 January: By the Fireside (dynamobt)
Op. 37 No. 2 February: Carnival
Op. 37 No. 3 March: Song of the Lark (SwissMS)
Op. 37 No. 4 April: Snowdrop (Pavel.K)
Op. 37 No. 5 May: White Nights
Op. 37 No. 6 June: Barcarolle (Sam S)
Op. 37 No. 7 July: Song of the Reaper
Op. 37 No. 8 August: The Harvest (dire tonic)
Op. 37 No. 9 September: The Hunt
Op. 37 No. 10 October: Autumn Song (Andy Platt)
Op. 37 No. 11 November: Troika
Op. 37 No. 12 December: Christmas (carlos88)

Op. 39 No. 1. Morning Prayer (casinitaly)
Op. 39 No. 2. Winter Morning
Op. 39 No. 3. Mamma
Op. 39 No. 4. Hobbyhorse
Op. 39 No. 5. The Toy Soldiers' March
Op. 39 No. 6. The New Doll (ClsscLib)
Op. 39 No. 7. The Sick Doll (earlofmar)
Op. 39 No. 8. The Doll's Funeral
Op. 39 No. 9. Waltz
Op. 39 No. 10. Polka
Op. 39 No. 11. Mazurka (MrPozor)
Op. 39 No. 12. Russian Song (Johnny D)
Op. 39 No. 13. Peasant Prelude
Op. 39 No. 14. Popular Song
Op. 39 No. 15. Italian Song (sinophilia)
Op. 39 No. 16. Old French Song (Recaredo)
Op. 39 No. 17. German Song (sydnal)
Op. 39 No. 18. Neapolitan Song (IreneAdler)
Op. 39 No. 19. A Nursery Tale
Op. 39 No. 20. The Witch Baba Yaga
Op. 39 No. 21. Sweet Dreams (AimeeO)
Op. 39 No. 22. The Lark (tangleweeds)
Op. 39 No. 23. At Church (AZ_Astro)
Op. 39 No. 24. The Organ-Grinder's Song

Op. 40 No. 1. Etude
Op. 40 No. 2. Chanson triste (Greener)
Op. 40 No. 3. Marche funebre
Op. 40 No. 4. Mazurka in C major
Op. 40 No. 5. Mazurka in D major
Op. 40 No. 6. Chant sans paroles
Op. 40 No. 7. Au village
Op. 40 No. 8. Valse in A flat major
Op. 40 No. 9. Valse in F sharp minor (PikaPianist)
Op. 40 No. 10. Danse russe
Op. 40 No. 11. Scherzo
Op. 40 No. 12. Reverie interrompue

Op. 51 No. 1. Valse de salon
Op. 51 No. 2. Polka peu dansante
Op. 51 No. 3. Menuetto scherzoso
Op. 51 No. 4. Natha-valse
Op. 51 No. 5. Romance
Op. 51 No. 6. Valse sentimentale (lyricmudra)

Op. 72 No. 1. Impromptu Prostnikova (Peterws)
Op. 72 No. 2. Berceuse (MaryBee)
Op. 72 No. 3. Tendres reproches
Op. 72 No. 4. Danse caracteristique
Op. 72 No. 5. Meditation
Op. 72 No. 6. Mazurka pour danser
Op. 72 No. 7. Polacca de concert
Op. 72 No. 8. Dialogue
Op. 72 No. 9. Un poco di Schumann (Wayne32yrs)
Op. 72 No. 10. Scherzo-fantaisie
Op. 72 No. 11. Valse bluette
Op. 72 No. 12. L'espiegle
Op. 72 No. 13. Echo rustique
Op. 72 No. 14. Chant elegiaque
Op. 72 No. 15. Un poco di Chopin
Op. 72 No. 16. Valse a cinq temps
Op. 72 No. 17. Passe lointain
Op. 72 No. 18. Scene dansante: invitation au trepak

#2180547 - 11/11/13 09:49 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: Polyphonist]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist

Which chords are these? I have yet to see a chord that can't be named.

Don't be so pedantic, PP.

We're just talking about chords that don't fall readily under a particular umbrella. E.g. M23 in Bach's Prelude, BWV 846. Either the B or C could be the non-essential note and the chord could be an Ab dim7 or Dm7b5 chord.

#2180577 - 11/11/13 10:56 AM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Unfortunately, AnneH, Marybee has already taken the Berceuse. The list you used was rather out of date and missing several selections.
Oh, thanks zrtf! I was a little worried that my selection had got lost. And I'm already working through the first page. Sorry, AnneH. (But you might look at Op.72, No.5 (Meditation), or No.8 (Dialog). They're really beautiful too.)

#2180679 - 11/11/13 03:35 PM Re: Tchaikovsky Themed Recital: April 2014 [Re: zrtf90]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
I've just downloaded the score for the Chason Triste and delighted to see it is only 2 pages.

In listening to a few from the list, I was immediately attracted to this one. Eventually I will want to do a nice production of it. Proof will be in the pudding, as they say, in how far along I get with this in preparation for the recital.

I could be wrong, but think this will be easier than my Joplin choice. Both will be a challenge though and I've been slow off the mark. Time to get movin ...

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piece ID
by IstvánE
Yesterday at 10:14 PM
Pre purchase inspection
by mellie62
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Do Parents want to hear the truth anymore?
by chasingrainbows
Yesterday at 09:28 PM
DEBUSSY- 'The terrace for moonlit audiences'
by Hal Freedman
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
Baldwin PS2500 ram battery
by mooh320ps
Yesterday at 07:47 PM
Who's Online
49 registered (bennevis, Altair, alfredo capurso, beet31425, 6 invisible), 872 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76281 Members
42 Forums
157681 Topics
2316085 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission