Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2174450 - 10/30/13 05:13 PM Dealing with a Lack of Discipline......
newbert Offline

Loc: Upstate New York, USA
In January of this year, I purchased a Digital Piano with intentions of a) getting back (in terms of basic competence) to where I left off in my teens (40 years ago) and b) reaching a point where I can playing favorite popular song titles, with and without musical accompaniment (ie - MIDI files, playing along to CD's etc.)

The reality has been that, instead of picking a few titles and mastering them, I end up looking for "the next" title/score of a song that I like. So, I end up with an accumulation of more and more scores (whether they be Fake Books, or downloaded/purchased piano scores and/or MIDI files). Instead of practicing/learning what I already have, I spend time reading thru this site and others.

In other words, I lack the discipline to practice. I'm collecting "stuff", but not fully using it. I've bought a number of instructional courses online, but haven't completed any. I don't want to sign up for (in-person) lessons because I'm worried that it would make the piano experience seem too much like "work" when I want it to be fun.

So, I guess that I recognize that I lack self-discipline and need some guidance as to what/how to practice. But, on the other hand, I don't want to be tied down to weekly or biweekly lessons with a piano instructor.

Has anyone else experienced a similar dilemma? If so, how did you deal with it? Thanks!

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2174456 - 10/30/13 05:22 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

I think the best way to enforce discipline is to give yourself a performance deadline and then hold yourself to it.

This could be a small party at your house for friends or a commitment to record yourself for one of the ABF recitals.

Also, what you see as being tied down to a weekly or biweekly lesson with a piano instructor is also its own form of motivation. Besides the fact that my instructor is a one-man learning multiplier, the fact that I should probably show that I've put in some effort between lessons helps ensure that I don't go more than a day or so without trying to work on some aspect of my pieces.

#2174466 - 10/30/13 05:34 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
So - just tell yourself you're going to sit on the bench once a day. Never mind whether you actually play or not. Just sit down.

Baby steps. Temptation smile .

Or, figure out what's getting in the way. Self-sabotage? Setting too many tasks so it's overwhelming? Maybe it's not lack of motivation - maybe it's something else that causes anxiety.

What always gets me beyond anxiety is knowledge. So - pick one thing you're going to be aware of each time you sit down - and let that be your focus. Posture. Lack of tension. Legato. Whatever.

Cathy

#2174468 - 10/30/13 05:36 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Oh. And when you *have* sat down, or focused, or whatever, then, when you're done, focus on whatever satisfaction or feedback you got from doing that.

Cathy

#2174491 - 10/30/13 06:51 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
alex-kid Offline

Like has been said, set goals for yourself. Pick two pieces and obligate yourself to master them by a certain date.
One of them should be easy enough to meet the deadline, the other should be a real challenge.

#2174496 - 10/30/13 07:08 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
Psychonaut Offline

Originally Posted By: newbert
Instead of practicing/learning what I already have, I spend time reading thru this site and others.

In other words, I lack the discipline to practice.

LOL. I was just now thinking about practicing, but decided to check out what's new here at the Piano World Forums instead, and read through (and am now responding to) this thread instead of practicing.

So yeah, this sounds familiar... I'm going to close this web browser right now and work on the Bach Inventions.

#2174497 - 10/30/13 07:10 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains
Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too. Piano is work. It can be very soul satisfying work but if you actually intend to accomplish something you're going to have to put in the time. There's no way around that and once you face up to that fact and DO it you'll start moving forward and pick up momentum from the feeling of accomplishment you get. You're not going to get that hanging around here. You will get encouragement and the occasional swift kick in the pants but all the real work will be done at the keys all by your lonesome.

My suggestion is that you take out your sheet music. Pick out a manageable number of favorites and make yourself a study plan and stick to it. Make it simple and easy to accomplish to start with. The point is to get yourself into the habit of actual daily work (that four letter word again) at the keyboard. I'd suggest half an hour a day to start. And make yourself a chart with boxes to check off. Checking boxes gives you at least a tiny compensatory feeling of accomplishment even when you don't feel you're getting any where.

#2174504 - 10/30/13 07:30 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
cefinow Offline

Loc: Western NC (US)
Why not sign up for a limited amount of lessons? A teacher can be an excellent resource for giving guidance as to *how* to practice, i.e. to design a practice session to address what you want to accomplish. It sounds like you have plenty of enthusiasm for the subject matter, but your avoidance of practice may be due more to lack of structure, than to lack of discipline.

Anyway I totally understand your over-purchasing... any time I get interested in a new hobby or pursuit, I buy enough supplies or books to stock a whole classroom! I'm trying to remedy that by being totally uninterested in anything new. Good heavens, what if I were to take up woodworking...???

#2174516 - 10/30/13 07:56 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: -Frycek]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: -Frycek
Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too. Piano is work. It can be very soul satisfying work but if you actually intend to accomplish something you're going to have to put in the time. There's no way around that and once you face up to that fact and DO it you'll start moving forward and pick up momentum from the feeling of accomplishment you get. You're not going to get that hanging around here. You will get encouragement and the occasional swift kick in the pants but all the real work will be done at the keys all by your lonesome.

My suggestion is that you take out your sheet music. Pick out a manageable number of favorites and make yourself a study plan and stick to it. Make it simple and easy to accomplish to start with. The point is to get yourself into the habit of actual daily work (that four letter word again) at the keyboard. I'd suggest half an hour a day to start. And make yourself a chart with boxes to check off. Checking boxes gives you at least a tiny compensatory feeling of accomplishment even when you don't feel you're getting any where.

Good advice from the replies so far but Frycek puts it well. It is also important to find out a time or times of day when you practice well or it suits you and stick to a regime. I have a written practice schedule I review regularly and a daily pop up alarm on my computer to remind me what my priorities are. Sounds childish to do this but our brain can be lazy and sometimes we have to shame ourselves into committing to practice. Set times for your practice eg 10min for scales and stick to it, keep a timer running and don't let anything distract you. I think you will find many of us are early risers and go straight to practice before the family is up or work starts to draw us in. The important part is to set up a regime, write it down and stick to it. This will become habit after a while and steady improvement will help reinforce this as a worth while method.

I would also review how you think about lessons as well. Mine are never spent on drills or scales that take all the fun out of the instrument. My teacher is very supportive and since I don't take exams I don't have unnecessary pressure placed upon me (I manage to do that myself). Result is by taking lessons I actively will practice a bit more diligently.

Edited by earlofmar (10/30/13 07:59 PM)

#2174530 - 10/30/13 08:44 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: earlofmar]
Florentin Offline

Loc: Chicago
If you can afford lessons, that would be one great way to motivate yourself. When you have weekly lessons, that alone could motivate you to go prepared.

If you cannot afford lessons, make a plan for yourself, as it has been suggested here. Maybe you can spread out one of the piano courses you purchased, over the course of a few weeks/months.

Whichever way you decide to go, just get up and do it.
Good luck!

#2174537 - 10/30/13 09:06 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Just another suggestion. Not that it's any better than any other advise.

The theory of practicing for 15 minutes only. Then take a break. There is something to it. It's easy to make practice the first thing you do when you are limiting it to 15 minutes. You can come back to it. Do another 15, break, then another 15. This makes it easy to do 15 in the morning. Do 15 as soon as you get home. Been practicing all evening? Just took another break. Thinking of going to sleep? Oh, another 15 is easy.
Just a thought for another approach.

#2174548 - 10/30/13 09:51 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: rnaple]
Florentin Offline

Loc: Chicago
Originally Posted By: rnaple

The theory of practicing for 15 minutes only. Then take a break. There is something to it. It's easy to make practice the first thing you do when you are limiting it to 15 minutes. You can come back to it. Do another 15, break, then another 15. This makes it easy to do 15 in the morning. Do 15 as soon as you get home. Been practicing all evening? Just took another break. Thinking of going to sleep? Oh, another 15 is easy.

yes

#2174567 - 10/30/13 10:54 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: Florentin]
Sand Tiger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
A lot of folks on the forum find motivation by participating in the quarterly recital. Pick a piece, or maybe two and get them ready. The next one opens Friday Nov 1, so February might be a realistic goal. Commit to learning one piece well and recording it by February, perhaps have an easier back up piece, if the first becomes too much.

If the virtual recital seems too much, the monthly piano bar is more casual. There is also an Ecco Fatto thread buried in the archives for first time recordings. Recording and uploading is a motivation for many. So are live performances, but a person posting the question is less likely to have those kinds of chances.

As for how to practice, there are so many threads on that. The one minute version: Slow it way down. Do 15 minute segments with breaks in between. Repeat a small section five to 10 times without errors or halts. If a flub is made, start the count over. Repeat the phrase at slow speed until it is as good as you can play it, five to ten times, before moving on to the next small section of the song. Each section might be a single bar of music or a single transition for true beginners. Again, slow it way down. Do hands separate if needed, but hands together will eventually be a must.

On the other side, playing the entire song is not an efficient way to practice, even if they might satisfy some urge to hear the song.

#2174601 - 10/31/13 12:30 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: Sand Tiger]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
The reality has been that, instead of picking a few titles and mastering them, I end up looking for "the next" title/score of a song that I like.

Originally Posted By: Sand Tiger
A lot of folks on the forum find motivation by participating in the quarterly recital. Pick a piece, or maybe two and get them ready.

I've found that getting a piece ready to record is my ultimate goal. If it's for my youtube "diary" or quarterly recital, whatever.

It takes a lot of work, but it gives me the sense of completion, and in the meantime, I have a couple of pieces that I can play on demand (sort of). whistle

The great thing is, once it's recorded, I'm usually done with it and have moved on to other stuff - but I've practiced it enough to bring it back fairly quickly if I want to.

The other great thing is that by completing a piece, I've felt that I've learned what I was supposed to learn from it, and can carry that lesson on into whatever pieces are ahead.

#2174608 - 10/31/13 12:48 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: cefinow]
outo Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: cefinow

Anyway I totally understand your over-purchasing... any time I get interested in a new hobby or pursuit, I buy enough supplies or books to stock a whole classroom!

I do that too...I've bought enough sheet music to last me a lifetime, but I just ordered something again yesterday.
Then again I have two perfect excuses grin
When I retire in 20 years or so I'll have less money to spend but hopefully a lot of time on my hands. Then I can learn to play all that stuff.
During the summer months when I don't have lessons I make sight reading a priorioty and the more stuff to try to read the better.

I started like the OP and I've never had much dicipline in anything else either... For me the dicipline (if I can call it that) has increased gradually. Daily practicing has become such a habit now that it's more difficult to not do it. And when I sit down I get sucked in and cannot stop...

#2174633 - 10/31/13 01:25 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: rnaple]
Brian Lucas Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: rnaple

+1

You could be overwhelming yourself with what you want to accomplish, making it seem impossible. It happens to everyone, at any level. I'll even take Ron's advice one step further. What I tell people (and what I tell myself when the mountain seems unclimbable) is to just sit down for 5 minutes, that's all, and see what happens. If you're not feeling it after 5 minutes, get up and try again later. I'll often set a timer. More times than not when it goes off I'm not ready to stop. Sometimes it's just the act of getting started that is the difficulty.
My Sight Reading eBook
My Music

#2174635 - 10/31/13 01:31 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: Brian Lucas]
bolt Offline

I think you should get yourself a teacher.

I did some of what you wrote, before I had a teacher.

#2174662 - 10/31/13 03:52 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
Bobpickle Offline

Gold Supporter until July 10  2014

Loc: Cameron Park, California
To reiterate Frycek's point,

Originally Posted By: Albert Einstein
Never regard your study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.

The best pianists do look at practicing as work, but only in the sense that while at work, you strive to be efficient and productive - accomplishing as much as you can in as little time as possible. There's a certain satisfaction to be found in completing a task right - even if the process doesn't include satiating one's ego (as is often done in practicing unproductively). Read more here: http://practisingthepiano.com/chess-or-checkers/

#2174682 - 10/31/13 06:38 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
Barbareola Offline

Loc: Germany
You can work out a time table and work yourself, as others have suggested. For some people, it works.

However, I would encourage you to still get a teacher. Look for one that takes you seriously as an adult and recognizes the restrictions adult life put on us. As adults, we do have times in our lives when responsibilities in job or family minimize our practise time at the piano. Look for somebody who will not make the practise tedious work but who'll inspire you.

I have regular times in my work life when the work load gets much heavier, than others in which it is much better. In the times of draught, when the work load is heavy, my teacher and I take a break from the current piece we're working on and do something different, like working on small technical challenges. That way I never feel that the piano is adding to my stress level.

A good teacher can give you a lot of things that the best practise schedule and work plan will never give you: real time feedback when you're holding you hands in a position that will do you harm over time, a selection of practise pieces that will not overwhelm you by being too difficult and that will still challenge you, motivate you when you need it, kick you in the pants when you need it, be a shoulder to cry on when you need to and tell you, no, you're not the first student who ever experienced this problem.

Without my teacher I would never push myself enough. Often, when I believe I finally "got" a piece, she'll make me work a week or two longer on it and really polish it until it shines. She has never been wrong about that, too.

With the right teacher, you will not feel tied down.

When you get a teacher and you do feel tied down or that the practise is a chore instead of a joy, it is not the right teacher for you. That doesn't mean he/she is a bad teacher or that you're a bad student, just that you're not meant for each other. I have had teachers light that with the recorder and the guitar and I learnt to walk away from them gracefully.

#2174748 - 10/31/13 10:22 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: Barbareola]
Farmerjones Offline

Loc: USA
newbert,
Remember this is a free forum, so weigh my opinion accordingly.
Unless you're required to play piano, to put food on the table, or to pay the bills, don't beat yourself up about it. This regretting wastes time too. In your first couple line of your post you described what you want to do. Pare it down. Simplify. Bring it back around, to the goal. Find what you can do that pays you back with satisfaction, then expand slower. If you're doing something for pleasure, it should be pleasurable. A challenge should be a leisurely/pleasurable challenge.

I enjoy (even marvel)at what I can do. And grow very slowly. And trust it will happen, rather than hang some angst around my neck about what I can't do. Two or three dear songs became a dozen. Slowly and enjoyably.

#2174783 - 10/31/13 11:31 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
Troy 125 Offline

Lessons are what I need to hold me accountable, I enjoy practicing with the anticipation of hearing what my instructor says about how I've been doing. It always impresses me what an (experienced) second set of eyes/ears picks up, could swear I'm playing something perfectly and she points out things I missed or technique I've executed poorly. I believe that then keeps me from creating bad habits that would become difficult to break.

My daughter loved playing piano until it got to a point where practice became difficult, so she didn't put in the time and eventually dropped. I believe that she was in love with the idea of playing the piano, but not with the work that it takes to continually improve. She still plays on it every now and then, but has had no desire to start lessons again, which is fine with me. She has enough other activities to keep her quite busy.

#2174799 - 10/31/13 11:54 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: Troy 125]
newbert Offline

Originally Posted By: Troy 125
...I believe that she was in love with the idea of playing the piano, but not with the work that it takes to continually improve. She still plays on it every now and then, but has had no desire to start lessons again....

....and I guess that describes me as well. I have a number of other interests besides piano, which all take away from practice time.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will narrow my focus to perhaps two or three pieces and strive to play them well before moving on to something else. That won't be easy because I'm always looking for something new...

#2175410 - 11/01/13 03:13 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Dump all that sheet music and get just one score, the one within your reach (say 2 months of practice) that you like best. Stick with it till you have it nailed.

Only then allow yourself to pick another piece.

Getting a teacher really helps but you still need to bring in your own discipline. The teacher can only give suggestions.

#2175423 - 11/01/13 03:26 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
findingnemo2010 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I have struggled with this in the past. As of late I have taken a more honest with myself type of approach and that seems to be working. All though you can never get enough practice and in the same token what you are doing never seems enough grin

#2175512 - 11/01/13 06:03 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Has anyone else experienced a similar dilemma? If so, how did you deal with it? Thanks!

I have a pretty simple rubric I use for things like this. It goes something like this:

1. Do I really want to do this thing I've decided I want to try?
Yes - Move on to #2
No - Stop

2. What kind of success do I want to have? (define it for yourself)

3. What are the things I need to do to be successful? (list them)

4. Do I actually want to do the things listed in #3?
Yes - Do them.
No - Revisit #1

Repeat the process until you either get something you want and are willing to work at, or until you decide that whatever it is, is not actually for you.

Hope this helps. smile

#2176501 - 11/03/13 02:32 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Quote:
What I tell people (and what I tell myself when the mountain seems unclimbable) is to just sit down for 5 minutes, that's all, and see what happens. If you're not feeling it after 5 minutes, get up and try again later. I'll often set a timer. More times than not when it goes off I'm not ready to stop. Sometimes it's just the act of getting started that is the difficulty.

That's me allright! Getting on the piano chair! I made myself go on and practise some piano for all ( broken chords with hand cross overs)- and after a few mins got right into it, started improvising, then practised more Fur Elise, then went onto Adele, then back to Fur Elise and then finally the improvising broken chords.I enjoyed it all and made some headway.

How I make myself go on ( I do want to practise, but I'm so self conscious even by myself...go figure....) is to shame myself by thinking of Chopin and Beethoven who had so many illnesses yet played and achieved great things. "What- you are in relatively good health and you cannot practise?" I berate myself- then I go and sit on the piano chair....

Edited by EdwardianPiano (11/03/13 02:35 PM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2176651 - 11/03/13 09:22 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
aTallGuyNH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will narrow my focus to perhaps two or three pieces and strive to play them well before moving on to something else. That won't be easy because I'm always looking for something new...

I have the same issues. Only participating in the quarterly ABF recitals keeps me grounded and on track to actually accomplish something. I would strongly encourage participation.

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2176672 - 11/03/13 10:42 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: aTallGuyNH]
Oongawa Offline

Join the MOYD thread. Once you have a few days in a row you won't want to miss a day and have to explain.
Beethoven - Minuet in G
Bach - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
'69 Mason & Hamlin Model A

#2176828 - 11/04/13 08:27 AM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: Oongawa]
newbert Offline

Originally Posted By: Oongawa

Join the MOYD thread. Once you have a few days in a row you won't want to miss a day and have to explain.

Oh - I like this idea! I wasn't aware of the MOYD thread and had to look it up. Too late to join for 2013, but that's no reason to not start getting into the routine.

I'll keep an eye out for the 2014 thread.

Thanks!

Edited by newbert (11/04/13 01:45 PM)

#2176933 - 11/04/13 12:20 PM Re: Dealing with a Lack of Discipline...... [Re: newbert]
UKIkarus Online   content

Loc: England, South East
I have a hard time kicking myself into gear when it comes to reading, when I am with my teacher the motivation builds and I begin to read and learn but as soon as I get home... try as I may I just cannot focus and and up slinging them to one side.

Too many distractions, too easy to go playing something else (I typically play by ear soo go figure) I just cannot seem to get myself to focus and really progress with reading.

I have tried taking books with me when I go out or bringing them to work to practice during lunch etc away from any distractions and while that helps it is by no means brilliant, I have tried apps on my phone to help me identify the notes on the clefs and identify key signatures with timed tests or timeless practice but I just cannot find the motivation to sit down and play.

It seems that as soon as I see the sheets in front of me all motivation goes out the window, I even struggle to read the notes despite knowing them and having read them several times before hand my mind/enthusiasm just goes "Nah" and it's like I don't even "WANT" to try... I am my own worst enemy I know but I really need to get reading if I am to progress any in the directions I am looking to aim for.

It's not that I don't want to because I really do want to progress.. learn to read the vast amounts of music out there and improve overall, I know where I want to be and what needs to be done to get there but I just cannot get into gear frown

Any tips?

Edited by UKIkarus (11/04/13 12:23 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chopin - Scherzo 1 Help
by YoungNoir
09/23/14 10:22 AM
EFX on the Kawai MP6
by Lania
09/23/14 07:32 AM
New Single: Wind (Piano Song)
by Darkreach
09/23/14 07:32 AM
Measuring Humidity?
by pianomise
09/23/14 07:29 AM
DH Baldwin - a few technical questions
by Jamie_from_Canada
09/23/14 06:20 AM
Who's Online
149 registered (ajames, accordeur, alfredo capurso, ando, 46 invisible), 1457 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157705 Topics
2316472 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission