2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (Dalem01, Cheeeeee, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Dfrankjazz, Carey, 7 invisible), 2,075 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey there, I have been looking at some keyboards because I've been wanting to start playing piano for quite some time now. I have been looking a especially these two:

http://www.dba.dk/digitalpiano-yamaha-p-60-m/id-1004192616/

http://www.dba.dk/midi-keyboard-yamaha-dgx-3/id-1003287558/

It's important to me that it feels a little like a real piano.

Which of these should i choose, do you think I can find anything like it for less money?

thank you for your help smile
Regards Joachim.

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
You need to tell us more. Your title talks about keyboards which is too generic a term. Whereas based on the links you are probably after a low entry digital piano? Anything else essential? On board sound and speakers? Slab style or nice furniture looking console? I'd start with the Casio PX150 and Yamaha P35 or 105. Can you afford more?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
First of all, none of them will feel like a real piano, advertising\marketing claims notwithstanding.

As spanishbuddha stated, you need to tell us more.

Do you have a teacher? Is your teacher involved?

How much can you spend, where do you live?

Do you need bells and whistles or just a piano sound?

If you buy a slab you'll need to buy a piano stand and possibly a piano stool or piano chair. Music stand?

You'll get better sound through headphones than through any built in speaker system. Do you need a piece of furniture or a stage piano on a piano stand?

How many keyboards have you tried? How well do you play?

Is there a music store near you?

See what I mean, you need to tell us more in order to give you better advice.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I would rather not spend too much money on it.

I dont know what slab style means smile but I dont really care how it looks, I just want to learn how to play, im not gonna perform or anything, its just for home use, and my own entertainment.
I would be glad to have some piano like keys though.

J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
more info: I dont plan on having a teacher, maybe somewhat in the future, but for now I just want to play some songs, and eventually start learning nodes and stuff.
I live in Copenhagen, denmark, and I dont have such a big room, so it would be smart if the keyboard was easy to put up, and down, and maybe able to put it on my desk.
and yes, there is music stores nearby, but i rather buy a used one, because I think I can get more for my money that way.
I rather not spend more than what these i've linked cost. which equals around 3-400 euro.
I never played before, but I have been wanting to play for a quite some time, and I came to realize, that I will never learn how to play, if I dont atleast get me a keyboard smile

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
How much is too much?

The Casio PX-150 is an excellent entry level board, however this typically retails at $499.99.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I think the Casio PX-150 is a little too big for my use. It doesnt seem to be easy to asemble and disasemble. But thank you for your suggestion smile - It does look a little like the one of those I linked.

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by jomme27
I think the Casio PX-150 is a little too big for my use. It doesnt seem to be easy to asemble and disasemble. But thank you for your suggestion smile - It does look a little like the one of those I linked.

By TOO BIG ...

Do you mean you wish to get a keyboard with less than 88 keys ?

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
If you are in Denmark, I recommend you check out the ads in blocket.se if you're willing to take a trip over Öresundsbroen. I would recommend you'd get something like Yamaha DGX-630 according to your wishes stated here earlier.

Do you read Swedish well, I can help you with that if you want to? Hope I'm not offending, if you know Swedish well, but I know from experience that not all Danes understand Swedish and the same can be said about Swedes and Danish.

Possibly you can get better prices in Sweden. That may have changed though, since the Swedish krona has been getting stronger compared to the Danish krona and the Euro.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I think 88 keys is alright, but it seems like it has a fastened pedal, atleast on the pictures I have seen

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Found this on blocket, 2.500 svenska kronor, is what the seller asks for it.

http://www.blocket.se/malmo/Yamaha_Clavinova_digitalpiano_CLP_550_50432362.htm?ca=23_11&w=0

Don't know much about this model, maybe other users could tell you about it.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am very glad for all the help you guys give me, but I wonder what is wrong with the keyboard I was looking at to begin with: http://www.dba.dk/digitalpiano-yamaha-p-60-m/id-1004192616/ , I have been offered to buy it for 2900dkk = a little less than 400 euro.

It has 88 keys as the one Kawai James suggested (Casio PX-150) , and I have been told it is easy to assemble and disassemble, and also seems so on the pictures. Also been told it's a great beginner keyboard.

Is it a bargain, or am I being scammed?.

and TheodorN - I rather have it nearby, because I want to get started, so I'm looking at some keyboards I can go a pick up rather quickly smile But do you have a suggestion for a better keyboard than the one I have linked, in the price range 450 euro or less?. :)If so I would be more than pleased to take a look at it! smile

Thank you guys for all the good inputs so far, I appreciate it! smile

J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It looks very nice, and also a great price for me, but it seems so big. and without a car I don't see how I should go get it. When I think about it, it seems really difficult to go to Sweden for a keyboard, so unless there is a huge amount of money to save, I rather look at something in Copenhagen, that I can go look at, at a shop, or at a person. Or something that is recommended by you guys, and possible to order by the internet.

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Well, judging by what I am hearing from you ...

In my opinion, the Casio PX-150 is still your best option.

It will give you something that is (in my opinion) as close to a real piano for feel and sound as you are likely to get for that kind of money.

Forget about difficult to assemble. They are all pretty simple.

Good Luck

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It not so much the difficulty, it because my room is'nt big enought to have a piano standing up all the time, I have to assemble it or play it on my desk. My room is only 9 square meters or so.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
What dmd said! I personally can recommend Yamaha P85, I've owned one before. On this website you mentioned, dba.dk, someone is selling it at 2.600 kr. Would check out the condition of it though. The seller is in Copenhagen.

Also on dba.dk there's a Casio Privia PX-120 selling at 3.200 kr. It has some better specs than the Yamaha P85. A new Casio PX-150 is probably around 5.000 kr. in Copenhagen stores.

So if you want to buy used and save some money there are a few good pianos here. Only one thing, don't buy the Yamaha DGX-300. You can get a better piano at the same price or for a few hundred kroner more.

Me on YouTube

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
To be brutally honest ...

With the restrictions you describe, I would suggest that maybe you should just leave it until you have a little better environment in which to play piano.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Don

E
E
Hey I bought a px-150 recently and I am very pleased with it(it doesnt compare to a real one but it is still nice)The guys here are very competent and gain nothing from their help they offer you, so i would be careful of what your dealer tells you, because he obviously wants to sell his stuff like any other dealer. That said if you really wanted to take the whole px150 + stand apart it would take you like 5-7mins, it is also very light( like 10 or 12 kg).

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
The stand is optional. Most retailers will sell you the piano only (no stand) for less. I don't think you will find something smaller than the PX150. If you prefer a different piano (say, the Yamaha P105) that's a different story.

J
jomme27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thank you for pointing those out!

You guys have given me alot to think about, I kinda realize it aint as easy as I thought to get a choose a new piano laugh But I think im gonna go with the px-120 you pointed out TheodorN, or atleast something similar! smile

But one thing is for sure, I will not give up learning to play the piano, just because my room is small!

Thank you all for your inputs and help, I appreciate smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission