Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2183281 - 11/16/13 09:25 AM Questions About Airturn BT-105
newbert Offline

Loc: Upstate New York, USA
I just received my new Airturn BT-105 yesterday and have a few questions.

1. I'm using it with my iPad, which (generally) is never powered down. (I put it into sleep mode using a smart cover.) I find that the Airturn does not automatically turn on when the iPad does. Is this normal? If so, is there any way to get around this? I find it annoying to have to reach down to the Airturn, which is on the floor, in order to manually power it on every time.

2. I've read in a different thread that it's possible to set the Airturn to turn a page when you RELEASE your foot (instead of having to step on a pedal). However, I don't see any instruction in the docs on how to set it to do this. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#2183422 - 11/16/13 02:35 PM Re: Questions About Airturn BT-105 [Re: newbert]
EP Offline

Loc: USA
If my iPad wakes up from sleep and the Airturn hasn't been turned off, it's still connected. If I turn the Airturn off, the only way to get it back on is with the red button, as far as I know. I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I'm not sure exactly what situation you are describing.
I'm no expert, just a user who's had one for a couple weeks. I think the Airturn support team is pretty responsive, if you send them an email.

As far as switching on the release, I know you can do this if you have a pedal switch that is normally closed. Some foot pedals have polarity switches to allow them to be normally open or normally closed. On one of mine, I had to reverse the polarity of the switch so that it would be normally open, to work regularly.
I doubt that is is possible to alter the Airturn pedals - they look like a sealed unit.
I don't know if there is another way to do this, but again I'd shoot and email to the air turn support team.

#2183454 - 11/16/13 03:52 PM Re: Questions About Airturn BT-105 [Re: EP]
newbert Offline

Loc: Upstate New York, USA
Originally Posted By: EP
If my iPad wakes up from sleep and the Airturn hasn't been turned off, it's still connected. If I turn the Airturn off, the only way to get it back on is with the red button, as far as I know. I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I'm not sure exactly what situation you are describing.
I'm no expert, just a user who's had one for a couple weeks. I think the Airturn support team is pretty responsive, if you send them an email.

As far as switching on the release, I know you can do this if you have a pedal switch that is normally closed. Some foot pedals have polarity switches to allow them to be normally open or normally closed. On one of mine, I had to reverse the polarity of the switch so that it would be normally open, to work regularly.
I doubt that is is possible to alter the Airturn pedals - they look like a sealed unit.
I don't know if there is another way to do this, but again I'd shoot and email to the air turn support team.

Thanks for the reply, EP. I have e-mailed Airturn, but only about the "turn page on pedal release" question. (No answer yet.)

I did not ask them the other question. I have not been turning off either the Airturn or the iPad. (The iPad goes to sleep though.) This morning, when the iPad "woke up", I had to manually turn the Airturn on. However, I just tried waking it up again and the Airturn was usable right away. This morning, my iPad froze up, so perhaps the problem was somehow related to that?

Thanks!

#2183464 - 11/16/13 04:19 PM Re: Questions About Airturn BT-105 [Re: newbert]
EP Offline

Loc: USA
I've had that happen as well - I think it is related to the airturn, so I just try to remember to turn off the airturn at night. Also, sometimes I have to restart the Unrealbook app to get the pedal to work. So, it's not perfect, but hasn't been that big a deal. I also have two iPads connected to each other (server and slave in UnRealBook) so that adds another issue, for the second iPad to turn pages as a slave.
Definitely worth the effort to make it work, IMHO.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
142 registered (ABC Vermonter, accordeur, A Guy, ando, Alux, AmateurBob, 38 invisible), 1506 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74307 Members
42 Forums
153690 Topics
2252933 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
HELP! Is this strain because of my technique?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 11:26 PM
Is it my technique that's causing this?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 10:49 PM
Best brand of upright piano 48" or larger?
by WG40
04/23/14 10:22 PM
Kawai MP11 vs. Kawai VPC-1 Action / Key Length
by jp2011
04/23/14 10:00 PM
Canadian pricing for Kawai MP11?
by GWILLY
04/23/14 09:52 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission