Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2186262 - 11/21/13 11:13 AM Lies Music Teachers Believe
nyke Offline

Can you relate to any of these "Lies" ? If you are trying to grow your private music studio n my latest blog post I discuss some pitfalls to avoid-
http://musicacademyadvantage.com/lies-music-teachers-believe/

Lies Music Teachers Believe

Building a music lesson business can be very challenging. When students continuously quit and you constantly need to enforce your studio policy you may find that building your studio is next to impossible. The first thing you have to do is rid yourself of negative thoughts and here are some constant hang ups that keep us from moving forward to building a successful studio.

1. I just need to be good at what I do and my business will be successful

Being the best studio is not good enough. I have seen numerous music teachers who are really great at teaching and are also superb musicians and still are unable to attract enough students and clientele to rely on music lessons as a full-time steady income. If you focus on learning real business strategies, implementing marketing systems and goals in your business structure you will become the success you have always dreamed of!

2. Music teaching can only be a hobby business or a labor of love

The amount of money that is available to you if you apply the right structure and technique towards building your studio as a business is right in front of your eyes and many music teachers don’t even realize it. Researchers have already done the work for us and the word is out about the benefit of enrolling in music lessons and how imperative it is if you want your child to have the slightest chance at being competitive in life! Once you put your business techniques into motion potential customers will be knocking down your door to ask you to teach their child all of the knowledge you have within you!

3. It’s a business, it’s supposed to be hard work and long hours, it’ll get better

Working extended hours and double shifts is the number one way to achieve burnout as an entrepreneur. Instead you want to be able to stay fresh and positive towards your music lesson business so that you can be focused and provide a quality learning environment. Divide the income you need by the number of hours you have to work and average the result with the standard rate in your area. When I first began teaching my rate was very low, when I needed to decrease the number of students I was teaching I raised my hourly rate and therefore was still able to make the same amount of money I was making prior to downsizing.

4. We just need to get our name out there

Getting your name out there is great however you want to focus on branding your business. What makes you different from the teacher next door or down the street? What can you offer or guarantee? Some of the ways I have branded my studio have been through mentioning in my advertisements the family atmosphere and how we care about all of the students. In addition to that we mention our flexibility in time slots, affordability of lessons, and most of all mentioning the convenience of our location. Think of branding as letting your customers know what you do well and what your company is known for. When the clients come in for a consultation I inform them of the major benefits of studying in my studio. For instance, we specialize in helping students to progress at a faster rate, and our students participate in state level grading programs as well as receive trophies for their hard work. Clients already believe that you can do the job (that’s why you are in business) so no need to teach them during a trial lesson – instead spend time informing them of why your studio is the best above all the others.

5. If only I could get more clients in the door my business would be successful

More clients just any kind of way is a fast tracked path towards stress and failure as well. Focusing on attracting the right kind of students will ensure that you have success. If you only want to teach beginners and that’s what you are best at don’t market and advertise for all levels when that’s not what you specialize in-it will only leave you frustrated. I recently encountered the same experience when I was working with a lot of in-home clients and I wanted to transition to only offering lessons at my studio I found that in the middle of the transition I was losing more students than gaining students at my set location. Although, I was tempted to going back to offering in home lessons in the mean time to carry me over, I didn’t because I knew I would’ve lost focus. Instead I focused on getting more students to come to my set location and by doing so I was able to fill that void.

6. I have to lower my prices to beat out my competition

Why do we always feel as the service provider cheaper rate equal more clients?? When if were the recipient of the service our first question would be…what’s wrong with this product? As the owner of your business realize that lowering rates will not help you to build a quality clientele. Charge rates based on the average rate in your area. For instance if the average rate in your area is $25 per 30 minute lesson, charge $23 or $26 however charging extremely below the rate such as $16 will only make it that much more challenging for you to attract quality clients who respect what you have to offer. If you are a well trained music instructor and are able to provide a professional service for your business then there’s no reason why you can’t charge the standard rate. My experience with charging a lower rate is that you will attract clients that don’t appreciate what you have to offer.

7. I could do this on my own

Although it may seem very easy, running a music school is a challenging profession. It takes organizational skills, communication skills and just like any other business it takes money and time to grow into being a substantial business. Sometimes seeing an instructor at an awesome recital as an end results can get you beaming and dreaming of ways to start your own studio full of talented musicians. If that’s what you desire to do then make sure you have full understanding of the work that happens behind the scenes too!

8. This is the way it’s always been done, so I will continue this way!

Adopting new techniques and new methods will always keep you ahead of your competition. So take time and attend workshops and music events in your area at least once a year to stay abreast of new methods. Also subscribe to blogs such as this (www.musicacademyadvantage.com) and other magazines that will help you stay up to date with new techniques.

If you have identified at least one of these “Lies” within yourself its okay because we all have been there. It’s wonderful that you are educating yourself so that you can develop quality skills of being a successful entrepreneur and apply that to running the business of your dreams.
http://facebook.com/MusicAcademyAdvantage
Twitter Follow: @MusicAcademyAdv

(ad) My Music Staff
Check out the new way to manage your music studio
#2186304 - 11/21/13 12:37 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
dumdumdiddle Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: California
I see a problem with #2 in that there are too many piano teachers out there who ARE teaching as a hobby and not as a business. They don't charge as much since they're not teaching to earn a living (and most likely have a spouse who is the breadwinner, with health insurance and benefits).

#2186308 - 11/21/13 12:47 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
nyke Offline

Well that's up to the individual, some teachers choose to focus on having a small quality bunch of students while others chose to have a large variety of students. However for the ones that want to be able to subsidies there income they need to stop thinking of the business as a hobby.

#2186423 - 11/21/13 03:41 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
KurtZ Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Heart of Screenland
"how imperative it is if you want your child to have the slightest chance at being competitive in life!"

Hyperbole much?

#2186431 - 11/21/13 03:56 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
AZNpiano Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: nyke
If you focus on learning real business strategies, implementing marketing systems and goals in your business structure you will become the success you have always dreamed of!

Ha. Right. whistle

My experience with charging a lower rate is that you will attract clients that don’t appreciate what you have to offer.

Funny. When I charged 1/3 of what I'm charging now, I got lots of great students who practiced, worked hard, and won a bunch of competitions. Now I'm teaching a bunch of rich kids who never practice, don't know the definition of work, and will fall on their faces if they entered competitions.

#2186444 - 11/21/13 04:16 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: AZNpiano]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: South Florida
Originally Posted By: AZNpiano

Funny. When I charged 1/3 of what I'm charging now, I got lots of great students who practiced, worked hard, and won a bunch of competitions. Now I'm teaching a bunch of rich kids who never practice, don't know the definition of work, and will fall on their faces if they entered competitions.

You mean charging more doesn't necessarily mean better students? Money isn't everything? laugh

#2186467 - 11/21/13 04:49 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: Gary D.]
AZNpiano Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: Gary D.

You mean charging more doesn't necessarily mean better students? Money isn't everything? laugh

Well, by charging more, at least I can afford to kick out unwanted students. I'm on the brink of doing just that.

#2186477 - 11/21/13 05:10 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: AZNpiano]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Well, by charging more, at least I can afford to kick out unwanted students. I'm on the brink of doing just that.

I think it's all about getting the pricing right, no easy matter.

#2187147 - 11/23/13 01:40 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
Candywoman Offline
500 Post Club Member

It's too dramatic to call these "lies". Aren't you just saying that you need a marketing plan to succeed at piano teaching, and that you have to price your lessons carefully?

#2187157 - 11/23/13 02:58 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
stalefleas Offline

This reads like an advertisement.

Not interested.

#2187206 - 11/23/13 08:15 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
nyke Offline

An advertisement of what? It's just an article, I enjoy writing articles on my blog to reach out to music teachers and share my experience as well as other teacher's experience in the music lesson business.

#2187207 - 11/23/13 08:19 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: Candywoman]
nyke Offline

Basically that is my point however I decided to call it Lies because a lot of times those points are things we sometimes start to tell ourselves over the years of doing lessons to excuse why we cannot grow our studios. Just like a lie, is basically an excuse as to why someone doesn't want to realize the truth.

#2187252 - 11/23/13 09:55 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
An advertisement of what? It's just an article, I enjoy writing articles on my blog to reach out to music teachers and share my experience as well as other teacher's experience in the music lesson business.

Exactly that. It is an advertisement for your blog, your twitter feed and your facebook.

#2187294 - 11/23/13 11:45 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: malkin]
nyke Offline

I appreciate you taking the time to read my article and commenting. As always I post the articles on all discussion forums to provoke thought or conversation to build awareness and also seek others opinions on topics. These articles are not just for people to come to MY blog (which by the way doesn't benefit me a
in any way other than it does by posting a question or a comment here on the discussion forum). & by the way what is wrong with getting people to come to MY blog if the article benefits them? ?
Many of the readers have found it to be beneficial... Because they have chosen to subscribe.

#2187315 - 11/23/13 12:20 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
keystring Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
I'm interested in what the teachers in this forum think. Are you subject to the misperceptions that have been listed? Do you ascribe to the same solutions (insofar as there are concrete solutions)?

#2187323 - 11/23/13 12:40 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: malkin]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: malkin

Exactly that. It is an advertisement for your blog, your twitter feed and your facebook.

It certainly seems that way to me...

#2187340 - 11/23/13 01:15 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: Gary D.]
nyke Offline

Ok if you also don't find the articles beneficial no one is making you read them.
However it must've moved you in order for you to leave a comment.

#2187342 - 11/23/13 01:17 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: keystring]
nyke Offline

@keystring
Exactly I feel the same way its just an article of suggestions if it benefits someone then great if not so what
lol I also copied this blog post from my blog site so I forgot the last paragraph asked people to subscribe.... I would have removed that- had I known it would stir up so much drama.....o well life goes on. whome

#2187381 - 11/23/13 02:38 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
keystring Online   content

Loc: Canada
Nyke, I started to respond to your post where you were telling me you are a teacher who.... but you've edited it since then, so I'm scrapping that part. smile

I asked how the other teachers here relate both to the proposed misperceptions, and the solutions, because forums are for dialogues. With so many teachers, there will also be different ideas.

In regards to the other issue: In this modern age, one way of getting one's business known is to do what you did. That is: create a blog, write articles that will bring searches by people interested in the business to that blog, and also letting discussion groups know about the blog via those articles. After all, you are writing about the business end of things, and you are also practising it by doing this. If the blogs are also informative, they might also have benefit for some people. But that purpose is still there.

#2187382 - 11/23/13 02:41 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Ok if you also don't find the articles beneficial no one is making you read them.
However it must've moved you in order for you to leave a comment.

No. It annoyed me. You copied everything from your blog, so I wasted my time going there just to find out the same text is there.

If you want to suggest that I read your articles, I can decide to do so. I come here to talk to other teachers, to share ideas, so when you copy your ideas from your site I figure you are talking down to us.

#2187403 - 11/23/13 03:17 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
Peter K. Mose Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Maybe next time Nyke could just choose one idea and explore it, instead of lecturing fellow piano teachers on everything we are doing wrong in business.

#2187412 - 11/23/13 03:37 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: Peter K. Mose]
nyke Offline

@peter k mose, I will continue to write in topics that interest me as well as other music teachers. For as long as it continues to benefit them and empower them to build their businesses. The was a time when I didn't know these things and wondered why my studio wasn't growing, now with two studio locations I want to help teachers who want to build their private studios or build large music schools.

#2187431 - 11/23/13 04:34 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
ShiroKuro Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
With all due respect Nyke, it seems to me that you may have a basic misunderstanding about PW and the Piano Teachers Forum, and how people interact here. And given that you are not really listening to any of the complaints or disagreements people are expressing, it seems unlikely that this misunderstanding will be cleared up anytime soon.

PW is a discussion forum, where people exchange ideas, not a place to deposit articles (blog posts) that engage in a unidirectional information flow. People post about all kinds of topics, including some of the topics introduced in your first post in this thread. But posting generally takes the form of something more like "here's something I've been thinking about, how do other people handle this? what do you think of my suggestions?" whereas your post comes off very much like a lecture (as others have noted) and does not seem to suggest any interest on your part in learning something from the other posters here. Keystring even tried to bring this thread into a more PW-esque mode of discussion where opinions from other PW members are sought, and you basically disregarded it completely, suggesting that you're not interested in what the other teachers on this site might have to share.
I'm referring to this comment:
Quote:
if it benefits someone then great if not so what

Given that, it would seem like your only goal in posting here was to increase traffic to your own web site, which, if that is the case, is a questionable activity given this board's policies about advertising etc. If, as you protested, that was not your intention, you would probably find more posters interested in participating (rather than critiquing/criticizing) if you gave the impression not of talking down to everyone here but of being interested in hearing about other people's experiences.

#2187438 - 11/23/13 05:11 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
BB Player Online   content

Loc: Not in Texas
@peter k mose, I will continue to write in topics that interest me as well as other music teachers. For as long as it continues to benefit them and empower them to build their businesses. The was a time when I didn't know these things and wondered why my studio wasn't growing, now with two studio locations I want to help teachers who want to build their private studios or build large music schools.

You might want to help but reposting content from PW is in violation of the copyright notice clear printed at the bottom of each page and besides doing so without peoples permission is simply rude.

#2187439 - 11/23/13 05:12 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
Ken Knapp Online   content

Loc: Pennsylvania
nyke,

You are walking a thin line here. Self promotion is against the rules and you are USING Piano World for your own gain. You are promoting your website. You are also POACHING from posts here. The people participating in this topic are probably not aware that you are copying their posts and adding them to the comments on your blog.

Notice this little blurb at the bottom of the page....

Quote:
copyright 1997 - 2013 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission

So let me ask you, have you asked permission from Frank Baxter, owner of Piano World to take content from here for your own website?

Edited by Ken Knapp (11/23/13 05:18 PM)

Piano Organ Depot
http://www.pianoorgandepot.com
Hammond Organ Technician
http://www.tonewheeltech.com
Vice President - MITA, International
http://www.mitatechs.org
http://www.facebook.com/MITATechs

#2187573 - 11/24/13 12:09 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
stalefleas Offline

Oh my.

#2187593 - 11/24/13 03:10 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I just found this on your website:
Quote:

GaryD / November 22, 2013 at 4:26 pm / Reply
I think its all about getting the pricing right, no easy matter.

I do NOT like things I wrote here, in context, being put on your blog without my permission.

You have a LOT of nerve.

#2187620 - 11/24/13 07:21 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
Ken Knapp Online   content

Loc: Pennsylvania
Wonder how she will take to a little turnabout...

Quote:
Ken Knapp / November 24, 2013 at 12:20 pm / Reply
Anyone reading this blog should be made aware that many of the above comments were taken without permission from the Piano World website.

Fair is Fair...

Piano Organ Depot
http://www.pianoorgandepot.com
Hammond Organ Technician
http://www.tonewheeltech.com
Vice President - MITA, International
http://www.mitatechs.org
http://www.facebook.com/MITATechs

#2187660 - 11/24/13 09:22 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: ShiroKuro]
Peter K. Mose Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted By: ShiroKuro

PW is a discussion forum, where people exchange ideas, not a place to deposit articles (blog posts) that engage in a unidirectional information flow....Posting generally takes the form of something more like "here's something I've been thinking about, how do other people handle this? what do you think of my suggestions?"

Shirokuro's prior post, from which I have just extracted 2 sentences, is superb in its entirety. I couldn't have explained PW this well. Bravo and thank you!

If Nyke wants to converse about piano teaching instead of sermonize, I'm sure she is still welcome.

#2188004 - 11/25/13 10:50 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
laguna_greg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: guess where in CA and WA

What everybody else said so far!
Don't poach stuff from here!
Don't promote yourself so shamelessly!
Offer some useful advice, or don't say anything!

Some of my own writings here come from things that are under copyright, and have been published elsewhere. If you poach my stuff, you'll have trouble from more people than Frank.

And if you think that's what it takes to make a successful studio, or have good career as a teacher, you don't know 1- much about this business, or 2- anything about teaching.

Edited by laguna_greg (11/25/13 11:01 AM)
Edit Reason: oops!

1919 Mason & Hamlin AA
1931 Bechstein C - now sold
http://www.triangleassociates-us.com/about_us (my day job)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Taubman (a recent article I wrote about one of my teachers)

#2188235 - 11/25/13 06:45 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: laguna_greg]
musicpassion Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: California, USA
Originally Posted By: laguna_greg
And if you think that's what it takes to make a successful studio, or have good career as a teacher, you don't know 1- much about this business, or 2- anything about teaching.

Agreed. Shameless self promotion usually is counterproductive in this business. Teaching piano often involves working with the same client(s) (our students) for over ten years. Why would there be a need for pushy "used-car-salesman" behavior? Visibility within the community and perhaps some tasteful advertising can be beneficial at times.

I hope the OP is listening. These can be hard learning points, but worthwhile. There have been several advertising, self serving posts in the past. Forum members seem to have gracefully ignored them. I think this one was past the tipping point.

#2188313 - 11/25/13 10:04 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: musicpassion]
laguna_greg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: musicpassion

Agreed. Shameless self promotion usually is counterproductive in this business. Teaching piano often involves working with the same client(s) (our students) for over ten years. Why would there be a need for pushy "used-car-salesman" behavior? Visibility within the community and perhaps some tasteful advertising can be beneficial at times.

I hope the OP is listening. These can be hard learning points, but worthwhile. There have been several advertising, self serving posts in the past. Forum members seem to have gracefully ignored them. I think this one was past the tipping point.

Hi Passion,

In this day and age of Skype lessons, and digital this-and-that, sometimes these hard-sell strategies work...to make money.

But it doesn't make great musicians, and it doesn't produce Great Art. And it also doesn't make for a very nice life, in the long run, nor does it lead to the success people think it will. Nothing easy ever does.

But today, instant gratification takes too long! God help these people if they ever have to learn how to play a trill.

1919 Mason & Hamlin AA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Taubman (a recent article I wrote about one of my teachers)

#2188431 - 11/26/13 02:21 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: laguna_greg]
musicpassion Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: California, USA
it also doesn't make for a very nice life, in the long run, nor does it lead to the success people think it will. Nothing easy ever does.

+1

#2188435 - 11/26/13 02:46 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: laguna_greg]
Gary D. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: musicpassion

Hi Passion,

In this day and age of Skype lessons, and digital this-and-that, sometimes these hard-sell strategies work...to make money.

But it doesn't make great musicians, and it doesn't produce Great Art. And it also doesn't make for a very nice life, in the long run, nor does it lead to the success people think it will. Nothing easy ever does.

But today, instant gratification takes too long! God help these people if they ever have to learn how to play a trill.

LG, I agree with you about Skype when people truly have the chance to study with teachers in real time.

(There are special circumstances when that is not possible.)

For me the biggest drawback is the quality of sound. Even when both people - teacher and student - have good cameras, Skype does not always provide great connections, and even when it does the sound at best is not too good.

Also, even when cameras are working well, it's not the same as being able to move around and see things from all distances and angles.

#2188537 - 11/26/13 09:29 AM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: nyke]
Morodiene Online   content

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
I think that if nyke were really interested in being a part of this community, she would be posting on other topics and contributing and learning like the rest of us. Oh, and not poaching.

RE: Skype. I must say that it has allowed me to teach several students that I would not otherwise be able to teach. One was a voice student had to leave the US and return to Haiti to live with her family, and she has still progressed quite well in spite of the issues. I hope that someday she will be able to return to the US so I can work with her in person, but this is better than nothing. Same goes for my voice student who is a pop singer and often on tour all over the world. Then there are the voice and piano students who just didn't want to part ways when I moved from WI.

Apart from the woman in Haiti, however, I do get to see all of my students in person 2-3 times per year. This helps. And I would not take a voice student on Skype whom I had never worked with in person before - although piano I probably would. That hasn't come up yet. Still, nothing beats regular, in-person lessons.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2188892 - 11/26/13 07:38 PM Re: Lies Music Teachers Believe [Re: Gary D.]
laguna_greg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi Moro and Gary,

I shouldn't be running down Skype so very much as I use it myself, and not just for lessons. However, I'm not in the volume piano lesson business.

I agree about its limitations. You end up intuiting a lot of things that you can't see or hear, which sometimes works.

1919 Mason & Hamlin AA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
166 registered (accordeur, 36251, Aibohphobia, 49 invisible), 1768 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75893 Members
42 Forums
156833 Topics
2304453 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hammers and action parts selection for Mason and Hamlin
by Lyra
08/21/14 12:46 PM
Looking for SoCal retailers to try an RD-800 or MP7
by Delphian2001
08/21/14 12:19 PM
Verdi-Liszt Miserere, Giovanni Bellucci's magnifico interpre
by Michael Sayers
08/21/14 12:00 PM
Frequency: [chaos] FrEQuueeEeeNCyyyyyyY
yy [time] = frequency

by A443
08/21/14 10:51 AM
Piano Tuning Database
by Sean Montgomery
08/21/14 05:35 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission