Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This Search is powered by Google
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
63 registered (chopinoholic, bennevis, clothearednincompo, bnw, alwatson, 8 invisible), 1668 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2189097 - 11/27/13 08:23 AM Postponing search for teacher for a bit.
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Registered: 11/03/12
Posts: 774
Loc: Illinois
Until 2014 anyways. I don't think this will affect my progress too awful much as I'm usually fairly disciplined on my own. Operative word usually. Main reasons for this postponement are:

1. My third candidate is out of town until Dec 15. (way too close to Christmas then).
2. I received a Jury summons for Jan 13-17 or longer if I am called for a trial. eek
3. The teacher I interviewed Sat was Ok, nothing spectacular about the visit and she asked me good questions about my goals and experience. I haven't outright wrote her off but there are some concerns. She's further away than I would prefer to drive and a very noisy environment with traffic and Metrolink both close by, able to hear other students practice also!

At any rate I have plenty to work on in the meantime. Not the least of which is conquering the red dot and getting some Christmas pieces presentable for the upcoming Holiday gatherings.

I'm looking forward to my next teacher interview greatly. Without structure I tend to wander around in my books too much instead of consistent work on two or three things I'm supposed to FOCUS on. grin

Wishing everyone a good safe Thanksgiving!
_________________________
Ragdoll

At first, she only flew when she thought no one was watching.


Top
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2189246 - 11/27/13 02:16 PM Re: Postponing search for teacher for a bit. [Re: Ragdoll]
earlofmar Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Registered: 03/21/13
Posts: 2947
Loc: Australia
sounds like a plan
_________________________
Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x

Top

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Historical middle tone temperament
by Maximillyan
02/25/17 03:02 AM
What is to be gained from belly work?
by PeterSim
02/25/17 12:10 AM
Steinway Model M
by woohoo123
02/24/17 07:22 PM
Digital piano as a music player vs slab piano + stereo
by Alohaneko
02/24/17 06:03 PM
Slow hammers
by Ahmedn1
02/24/17 05:57 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,788 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,703 Topics
2,601,650 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission