Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2193531 - 12/06/13 02:43 PM my videos
lucos Offline

Loc: Chile - Santiago
Hi, first, please sorry for my basic english, this is my first post here.

I been bassist for 18 years, but now i'm love with the piano, i'm autodidact with piano and i recorded some classical themes, i want receive tips for improve my piano playing.
Thanx for watch my videos, i'll be waiting for your help.
Regards

Clair de Lune - Debussy
Nocturne Op9 n1 - Chopin
Nocturne Op9 n2 - Chopin
Prelude Op28 n15 - Chopin
Moonlight - Beethoven

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2193535 - 12/06/13 02:58 PM Re: my videos [Re: lucos]
keystring Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
I'm listening to the first one, and am really enjoying it. How long have you been playing piano? You had no instruction whatsoever? How did you go about it?

#2193546 - 12/06/13 03:13 PM Re: my videos [Re: lucos]
lucos Offline

Hi keystring
I studied functional piano when I was bass guitar student, the instruction was very basic, oriented for harmony, 5 years ago. After that did not play piano until July of this year when I bought the privia, I been studying without a teacher, but my study is at least 4 hours a day or more.

#2193629 - 12/06/13 06:42 PM Re: my videos [Re: lucos]
piano_primo_1 Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh,PA
I'm new to playing piano.
Frankly, to me, this playing sounds GENIUS.
Youíve raised my ambitions, although itíd probably take me quite some time to even get near your proficiency,. But Iím going to try.
I appreciate your taste and talent.

#2193747 - 12/07/13 01:00 AM Re: my videos [Re: lucos]
keystring Online   content

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: lucos
Hi keystring
I studied functional piano when I was bass guitar student, the instruction was very basic, oriented for harmony, 5 years ago. After that did not play piano until July of this year when I bought the privia, I been studying without a teacher, but my study is at least 4 hours a day or more.

One of the things that caught my attention was the relaxed, easy, unstrained way in which your hands moved. That made me ask. I'm thinking that in this "functional piano" you were given some basic good form and way of moving, or your teacher moved well and you absorbed it. I've formed the belief that it's best of we start with a good foundation of some basic things, so our playing grows out of it. If we don't we end up straining, and can't produce the sounds we hear in our heads. I started self-taught and have had to go back and get these things, so I tend to notice "ease".

Your playing was clean and musical - one can hear the musical background and training. I liked the way you brought out things (voices) and the expression.

How are you with pedal? I thought I heard some gaps here and there. I've been told that pedal often is not taught well or not taught, and also that (quoting Rubinstein?) that pedal is the soul of the piano.

We've talked sometimes about multiple instruments, and the influence one instrument might have on another. Do you think that bass guitar has had any influence on your piano playing?

#2193764 - 12/07/13 02:20 AM Re: my videos [Re: lucos]
Jessiebear Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Just finished listening to Clair de Lune, that was absolutely STUNNING for a relative beginner. As Keystring said, you look so relaxed and the music flows really nicely. Keep doing what you're doing, it's working!

#2193806 - 12/07/13 04:36 AM Re: my videos [Re: lucos]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
You deserve an acoustic piano. I don't have any specific advice to give, but I'm very impressed with the way you sound. It's just so effortless and lovely! Keep playing! And if you can, do try to get an acoustic instrument. It will serve you well.

Thanks for the videos smile
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
‚ô™ > $

#2193809 - 12/07/13 04:54 AM Re: my videos [Re: Sam Rose]
adultpianist Offline
500 Post Club Member

I liked your playing.

#2193842 - 12/07/13 08:09 AM Re: my videos [Re: piano_primo_1]
lucos Offline

Quote:
I'm new to playing piano.
Frankly, to me, this playing sounds GENIUS.
Youíve raised my ambitions, although itíd probably take me quite some time to even get near your proficiency,. But Iím going to try.
I appreciate your taste and talent.

Thank you!
Try, and have patience, play all days
Regards

Edited by lucos (12/07/13 08:11 AM)

#2193847 - 12/07/13 08:35 AM Re: my videos [Re: lucos]
Morodiene Online   content

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Very nice playing, but I think there's so much more that you can do. I see some habits that have arisen from playing on a digital and not having lessons: stiffness in your hand position, and a bit too much reliance upon the pedal to sustain for you. There are some timing inaccuracies also (I just listened to the Debussy). These things hold back your playing musically.

You are obviously a fine musician, and I encourage you to take lessons so that you can overcome these limitations. What are your goals in piano?

Edited by Morodiene (12/07/13 08:36 AM)
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2193875 - 12/07/13 09:39 AM Re: my videos [Re: keystring]
lucos Offline

Originally Posted By: keystring
Originally Posted By: lucos
Hi keystring

One of the things that caught my attention was the relaxed, easy, unstrained way in which your hands moved. That made me ask. I'm thinking that in this "functional piano" you were given some basic good form and way of moving, or your teacher moved well and you absorbed it. I've formed the belief that it's best of we start with a good foundation of some basic things, so our playing grows out of it. If we don't we end up straining, and can't produce the sounds we hear in our heads. I started self-taught and have had to go back and get these things, so I tend to notice "ease".

Your playing was clean and musical - one can hear the musical background and training. I liked the way you brought out things (voices) and the expression.

How are you with pedal? I thought I heard some gaps here and there. I've been told that pedal often is not taught well or not taught, and also that (quoting Rubinstein?) that pedal is the soul of the piano.

We've talked sometimes about multiple instruments, and the influence one instrument might have on another. Do you think that bass guitar has had any influence on your piano playing?

Thanx for your comments, I have some problems with pedal when the notes are difficult, i lost concentration. In my functional piano classes, i learned some things about pedal, but not so much, i'll try to improve it.

Play bass helped me a lot to play piano, in technics (muscle, resistence and speed), to read sheets, theoric things, maybe in musicality, im not sure, i wanted learn play piano because is too different to bass, in many aspects, for me, bass and piano are 2 different worlds.
regards

#2193877 - 12/07/13 09:45 AM Re: my videos [Re: Jessiebear]
lucos Offline

Originally Posted By: Jessiebear
Just finished listening to Clair de Lune, that was absolutely STUNNING for a relative beginner. As Keystring said, you look so relaxed and the music flows really nicely. Keep doing what you're doing, it's working!

Quote:

You deserve an acoustic piano. I don't have any specific advice to give, but I'm very impressed with the way you sound. It's just so effortless and lovely! Keep playing! And if you can, do try to get an acoustic instrument. It will serve you well.

Thanks for the videos smile

thanks for yours words, i wish have an acoustic piano, but i cant because i live in a small apartment, maybe in a future
regards

Edited by lucos (12/07/13 09:48 AM)

#2193882 - 12/07/13 10:04 AM Re: my videos [Re: Morodiene]
lucos Offline

Originally Posted By: Morodiene
Very nice playing, but I think there's so much more that you can do. I see some habits that have arisen from playing on a digital and not having lessons: stiffness in your hand position, and a bit too much reliance upon the pedal to sustain for you. There are some timing inaccuracies also (I just listened to the Debussy). These things hold back your playing musically.

You are obviously a fine musician, and I encourage you to take lessons so that you can overcome these limitations. What are your goals in piano?

Thanks for your comments, I would like to take piano lessons to improve everything you say, but I can not for the moment, my economic situation does not allow me, however, I would like to optimize my pianistic interpretation.

I wont take classes next year if things work out well for me, for now I can do?
regards

#2194099 - 12/07/13 04:51 PM Re: my videos [Re: lucos]
Amaruk Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New England, USA
Lucos, your piano playing is absolutely fantastic! Keep up the great work and please share more pieces with us here on PW in the future!

#2194386 - 12/08/13 05:52 AM Re: my videos [Re: Amaruk]
lucos Offline

Originally Posted By: Amaruk
Lucos, your piano playing is absolutely fantastic! Keep up the great work and please share more pieces with us here on PW in the future!

thank you very much, I Will

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piece ID
by IstvŠnE
5 minutes 56 seconds ago
Pre purchase inspection
by mellie62
19 minutes 20 seconds ago
Do Parents want to hear the truth anymore?
by chasingrainbows
51 minutes 27 seconds ago
DEBUSSY- 'The terrace for moonlit audiences'
by Hal Freedman
Today at 07:49 PM
Baldwin PS2500 ram battery
by mooh320ps
Today at 07:47 PM
Who's Online
123 registered (a-z0-9, anotherscott, 36251, 49 invisible), 1216 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76281 Members
42 Forums
157679 Topics
2316033 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission