Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2245807 - 03/13/14 08:59 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi!

Iíd really like to attend the piano party, but as told in RST I have to go back to University to do some studies. Iíll have classes and probably exams in July and these duties have to be compatible with work and family.

So Iím afraid I canít go to Lisbon on that date. I hope you enjoy this party. Iíll miss you all.

My website

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#2246057 - 03/13/14 04:52 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Online   blank

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Recaredo, I'm sorry to hear you won't be joining us - what a pity!!!

However, what a good reason for not coming !
Best wishes to you for the success of your courses!

#2246369 - 03/14/14 07:01 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
torquenale Offline

Do children get a discount? smile

And: is it ok if I don't announce my piece till later on?

#2246434 - 03/14/14 09:54 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Thanks Cheryl for your post!

My website

#2246444 - 03/14/14 10:09 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal

Recaredo - I was hoping you'd come to the party because Lisbon is not too far from the south of Spain... Anyway, I fully understand your reasons. All the best for you, your family, and your studies thumb

torquenale - I've 3 guests too (wife, +2 kids), so I understand your concern. As I told, the final price will be discussed with the manager and, one of my goals, is to get a "regular meal price" for the guests; in other words, the fairest option is: a "guest" will pay only for the meal.
So, I'll do everything possible to get the best price in order to be fair for all of us - the pianists and the guests -. But, there are more options to discuss which can change the logic behind the price...

And of course it's OK! You don't even need to announce your piece in advance.

The updated list:

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2247665 - 03/16/14 09:46 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Recaredo, too bad you'll have to miss this piano party. Maybe next year (Italy?, epp3), you'll have the opportunity to come within your study scheme.

Playing since May 02 2009

#2249256 - 03/20/14 04:37 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
compianist1 Offline

Loc: Banned
ok agree

#2251798 - 03/25/14 08:25 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Loc: England, South East
Just curious, but how long are people planning to stay? just to get a rough idea...

#2251811 - 03/25/14 08:57 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
Nikolas Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Europe
First of all, what IS confirmed is that I'm alone on this. My wife is away! That's settled! grin

Now, my problem is that I've been watching for cheap flights and simply can't find any. The cheapest one available for Fri - Mon or anything like that is 319 euros (so $440), which is a little steep, considering I'd have to get a single room for 2 or 3 nights which would be another few hundred... and I can't be cheap with my travels, so I'd like to get some tapas, some wine, beer, etc, or whatever it is you're having.

So, here's what I propose:

If you want to spend a couple of minutes and scout the Internet for cheap flights from Athens (GR) to Lisbon (Pg) I'd love to hear from you and possibly book the flight straight away.

I don't know if I'm asking too much or what not, but I WANT to come! I honestly do!

#2251822 - 03/25/14 09:29 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Nicolas - I'm glad you're able to join us!!! thumb
I found some flights in http://www.edreams.com/ website and the cheapest it's Ä300: Athens to Lisbon on the 04-July returning on the 06-July (direct flight, no transfers). If you don't mind about transfers you'll find lower prices. If you change the dates you may also find some differences.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2251825 - 03/25/14 09:31 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]

Nikolas, I found a flight with expedia.com for 314 dollars (I suppose it is US dollars) I couldn't find a way to convert on the website but it should be about 225 in euros.

I also looked at other Airlines - but the prices were higher.
We are travelling with TAP and got a good deal (132 euros each) but we booked months ago. Unfortunately you couldn't be sure of travelling until now frown
I hope you can find something that fits the budget !!!

UKIkarus - Some of us are arriving on Thursday, some on Friday some are staying til Monday or Tuesday - I suspect some will be leaving on Sunday to be back at work on Monday.

#2251831 - 03/25/14 09:53 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Ok, so we have a new confirmation - Nikolas!!! - and I have a friend who also loves piano and I think I'll invite him to join us.

Now, let's find a flight for Nikolas.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2251832 - 03/25/14 09:56 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]

Carlos, it would be great to meet your friend! I do hope that Nikolas can confirm 100%-- I think it depends on getting good prices for the flights - if he can grab something soon... I think it will work! yipee!

#2251875 - 03/25/14 01:01 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: Nikolas]
UKIkarus Offline

Originally Posted By: Nikolas
First of all, what IS confirmed is that I'm alone on this. My wife is away! That's settled! grin

Now, my problem is that I've been watching for cheap flights and simply can't find any. The cheapest one available for Fri - Mon or anything like that is 319 euros (so $440), which is a little steep, considering I'd have to get a single room for 2 or 3 nights which would be another few hundred... and I can't be cheap with my travels, so I'd like to get some tapas, some wine, beer, etc, or whatever it is you're having.

So, here's what I propose:

If you want to spend a couple of minutes and scout the Internet for cheap flights from Athens (GR) to Lisbon (Pg) I'd love to hear from you and possibly book the flight straight away.

I don't know if I'm asking too much or what not, but I WANT to come! I honestly do!

You can always try

http://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flig...2014.html?rtn=1

changing where necessary.

On a side note: £450-500 for flight/hotel etc seems to be average for me from what I have found... hopefully just a little longer and I'll be good to book laugh

Edited by UKIkarus (03/25/14 01:04 PM)

#2252882 - 03/27/14 08:38 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Due to changing priorities, I'm afraid I won't be attending the piano party after all. Please take me off the list. Apologies for letting you all down.

#2253201 - 03/27/14 05:54 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]

Allard, it is a real pity you won't be joining us. Sorry to hear it.

#2253463 - 03/28/14 10:55 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Well Allard, what a pity... Maybe you can attend next time. Anyway, priorities are priorities; no need to apologize.

So, the updated list is:

NOTICE:
Put this thread in your "Watched topics" list. Don't miss any update of our EPP2014.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2254201 - 03/30/14 10:39 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Spoke too soon, get paid end of month and flight prices jumped up... if only I had the funds to pay last week >.< (Doh!)

#2255468 - 04/01/14 05:22 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]

Nikolas-- any luck?

UKIkarus - I hope you're still planning to attend?

#2255769 - 04/02/14 03:57 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

still working on it yes smile

#2256291 - 04/03/14 11:02 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Well, I have sent off the passport app... they say 3 weeks minimum as it is a first passport, they also said I should try to avoid booking anything until it is processed in case anything goes wrong.

All well and good so long as the prices don't drastically increase between now and then eek fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

#2261420 - 04/14/14 06:22 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hello everybody!!!

Some words about our EPP:
The location and date it's closed but I'm in "negotiations" in order to get the lowest price for our EPP. As you understand, I need to know the approximate (or exact!) number of guests.
So, This is a kind of "intermediary call" because I need to start drawing a clean list.
Please answer: how are your plans?

Oh, and I added HBejinha, a friend of mine who will be with us in Lisbon.

NOTICE:
Put this thread in your "Watched topics" list. Don't miss any update of our EPP2014.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2261699 - 04/14/14 06:43 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Hi,

I will take holiday from work from thursday 3 july until monday 7 juli. The plan is to stay two nights in Lissabon, friday and saturday. The plain tickets I will buy end of may when holiday money is added to my bank account. Then it will be clear if I have to travel via Brussels or not, I think.

Playing since May 02 2009

#2263347 - 04/18/14 04:24 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]

I've been looking at things to do and was wondering if anyone is interested in checking out some Fado music?

http://www.golisbon.com/night-life/fado/

#2265174 - 04/22/14 04:28 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

I too was looking over things to do in and around Lisbon, stumbled upon the exact same page about Fado and went researching... I'd be happy to check it out amongst other things, might as well make the most of the time. smile

#2266744 - 04/25/14 05:58 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

I have finally received some info on the passport application, interview next Tuesday and if all goes well (why wouldn't it? eek) then I should have the passport 7-10 days after and be good to book smile

#2267318 - 04/26/14 10:10 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hello,
(I'm just traveling to Lisbon now. I was in the mountains on vacations without internet access)

So, sounds like everything is being prepared. That's great.

UKIkarus - An... interview? You need to do an interview to get a passport?

Casinitaly - Fado is great. It's a typical music of Lisbon region and it was inscribed in 2011 on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.

Check here: http://www.unesco.org/culture/ich/RL/00563

more later.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2267624 - 04/27/14 06:20 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC

UKIkarus - An... interview? You need to do an interview to get a passport?

Yep, afraid so... things have changed, should all be sorted soon smile

#2267633 - 04/27/14 07:21 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]

Carlos, thanks for the link! I read about it in my tour guide book and got curious!

As for the passport interview... I can not imagine how exppensive that is for the government ...and look at this in the news for today: saying that it is , in effect, a waste of time!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/i...fraudsters.html

UKIkarus - I hope your interview goes smoothly and you get it soon - time is running down!!

#2268084 - 04/28/14 05:25 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

I agree, it seems completely ridiculous and as you say is a complete waste of time for both parties involved.

Unfortunately, it has to be done in order for my application to be processed frown
My finger is itching over the booking pages, I have been looking for quite some time now but am stuck waiting for the all clear longer than I'd have liked.

I am still incredibly nervous about the whole thing, being a beginner I don't have much of a repertoire and last time I tried playing in front of a crowd I fell to bits frown

Edited by UKIkarus (04/28/14 07:35 AM)

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Did Bachís wife write his finest works?
by CarlosCC
10/30/14 09:24 AM
Szanto Bach Prelude Fugue A minor
by bkthugs10214
10/30/14 09:13 AM
Steinway officially relocates flagship store.
by Jonathan Baker
10/30/14 09:00 AM
Advice please
by Ems' Mum
10/30/14 05:14 AM
Help identify the piano action
by Kumi_27
10/30/14 04:16 AM
Who's Online
124 registered (anotherscott, ando, alberto, AnimistFvR, albumblatter, 32 invisible), 1482 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76702 Members
42 Forums
158613 Topics
2329471 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission