Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2216657 - 01/18/14 11:43 AM Kawai MP11
brooster Offline

Loc: Tennessee

Kawai MP11

Translated by Google Translate:

Product Concept MP11, proudly holding Kawai's latest technologies, is the top model of Kawai's stage pianos Which meet the demanding professionals' requirements. Key words to describe MP11 is "Superb Sound Source", "Acclaimed touch just like real grand piano", and "Usability from the view point of performers." Upon talking with your customers, you would need to emphasize Following features. 1. Superb Sound Source: (XL-Harmonic Imaging, Max polyphony 256, 88 key sampling) No. 1 max polyphony Among the competing models of other brands. Also, for the piano sound, each key 88 faithfully reproduces the beautiful tone of the acclaimed Kawai EX concert grand piano. 2. Acclaimed Touch: Grand Feel keyboard action No. 1 pivot length Among the competing models of other brands. The length is equivalent to That of grand pianos, Which enable them to more evenly balanced key touch weight from front to rear, and is particu-larly beneficial When playing complicated chords with fingers positioned towards the back of the key-board. 3. Beautiful Design Ease of use is one of the strong features. Due to the frequent use of Piano and E. Piano sounds, inde-pendent control panels for Piano, E. Piano and Other sounds are arranged, on Which users can easily adjust individual sound settings and assign split / zones without the operating manual. Also, cool & stylish design is important factor for some users internship plan. Wooden arms, grand piano-like shape, modern font on beautiful polished ebony. The beauty of MP11 completely surpasses the competitors. 4. Variety of sound adjustability for personal setting 129 choices of Effect, 6 types of reverb with adjustable parameters, Virtual Technician, Enhanced Amp simulator (5 types of amplifier, microphone settings, other adjustable parameters), 4 bands EQ, and several other settings are available for users' personal sounds, plus 208 settings can be stored. 5. MIDI Control Four 4 channels Independently adjustable zones can be used to control external MIDI devises. 6. 3 Assignable pedal Kawai 3 offers an assignable pedal as standard equipment, while competitors offer with a single pedal.

•Digital Piano 88 wooden keys ivory touch, touch adjustable 6 types including user, split and dual
•Polyphony 192 notes
•Preset 256
•40 internal sounds
•Setup 208, complete MIDI section
•1 power on
•6 reverbs, 129 effects (23 categories) 3 band equalizer
•Feel Grand with Let Off USB
•10 songs and playing MP3/WAV, Overdub, Recorder Gain-HI-XL
•Direct recording to USB, even from Line IN function loop.
•5 amp simulators in section E.Piano
•128x64 pixel backlit LCD display with adjustable contrast and brightness.
•Unit 3 pedals included
•Weight 32.5 Kg

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Click Here

#2216707 - 01/18/14 01:29 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
ando Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Looks awesome - no doubt Australian buyers can look forward to the price being double what the US pays, or it won't be available at all... cry

#2216741 - 01/18/14 03:29 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
Psychonaut Offline

Thanks for posting this. One general question, since some of us have no opportunity to see these boards in person:

Since the MP11 weighs almost twice as much as a CP4, I wonder what exactly it is that all of this extra weight contributes to, either in terms of quality, durability or function. Does the hammer action itself weigh more? Or is it mainly just in the chassis?

It looks great!

#2216742 - 01/18/14 03:32 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Good to know that they decided to go with the Grand Feel Action. Definitely a step up !!

#2216756 - 01/18/14 04:06 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
loik Offline

Loc: New Caledonia
With your experience, have you an idea how many time we have to wait before to try this new Kawai un shop ?
Vst : Imperfect Samples Fazioli Extrem \ VSL Bosendorfer \ NI Pianos
Daw : Sonar X3D.980i 12GB Alesis Mastercontrol \ Win 8.1

#2216773 - 01/18/14 04:40 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
Keegan Offline

Loc: Canada (Ottawa, ON)
I just bought my CA-65 in October banking on the fact that the MP11 would feature the RM3-2 action. Oh well, it's nice to own a furniture model for once, and even though I know won't be getting one, I'm glad the MP11 has GF grin

Edited by Keegan (01/18/14 04:40 PM)

#2216774 - 01/18/14 04:42 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: Psychonaut]
Keegan Offline

Loc: Canada (Ottawa, ON)
Originally Posted By: Psychonaut
Thanks for posting this. One general question, since some of us have no opportunity to see these boards in person:

Since the MP11 weighs almost twice as much as a CP4, I wonder what exactly it is that all of this extra weight contributes to, either in terms of quality, durability or function. Does the hammer action itself weigh more? Or is it mainly just in the chassis?

It looks great!

I'm 99% sure the wooden action is 100% responsible for the extra weight.

#2216792 - 01/18/14 05:22 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
jarosujo Offline

Loc: Slovakia
Stage piano with GF action. So I guess VPC2 with GF is coming sooner or later as well. Question is, how many thousand kilometers I will have to travel to try one :-(
Pianoteq Standard + Intel NUC DC3217BY + Sennheiser HD598 + Fostex PM0.4n + NI Audio 2

#2216819 - 01/18/14 06:18 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: jarosujo]
gvfarns Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: jarosujo
Stage piano with GF action. So I guess VPC2 with GF is coming sooner or later as well.

Everyone has been asking for that for a year now. I am unfortunately not holding my breath. I suspect they think a GF VPC2 would cannibalize the more expensive MP11. I'll be happy if they do make such a VPC2 (and probably buy one) but I'm not overly optimistic. Not for this year, anyway.

#2281006 - 05/25/14 07:43 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Hi I just got MP 11 but no sound. Do you know what I did wrong?
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2281007 - 05/25/14 07:58 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
Tritok Offline

Loc: France
Did you connect the output L /R to your monitors ? Did you raise the volume faders (general and piano,or any zone) ?

Ivory II american D ,Vi labs Ravenscroft 275, KAWAI Ex pro Acoustisamples ,Alicia Keys ,Imperfect samples (Fazioli, Steinway Concert Grand), Addictive keys...

#2281023 - 05/25/14 08:36 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: Tritok]
Kawai James Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Originally Posted By: Tritok
Did you connect the output L /R to your monitors ? Did you raise the volume faders (general and piano,or any zone) ?

Yes, all good suggestions.

You can also connect a pair of headphones if you do not have any monitor speakers.

James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#2281156 - 05/26/14 08:22 AM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: Kawai James]
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Originally Posted By: Kawai James
Originally Posted By: Tritok

Yes, all good suggestions.

You can also connect a pair of headphones if you do not have any monitor speakers.

James
x

Also, you need to not only have the main volume up (and connected to some speakers or headphones), but you also need to select the Piano On/Off button and turn up that volume as well.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2281181 - 05/26/14 09:49 AM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
FarmGirl Offline

Kawai James and Morodiene, I could only hear the sound through the headset. Does this mean that MP11 does not have speakers built in speakers? Do I need to buy separate speaker to hear the sound if I want to share the music with others or play duet with my acoustic piano? I know some people use amp too? Are Amps used in addition to speakers or in place of speakers? Sorry I know it sounds totally idiotic.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2281207 - 05/26/14 11:05 AM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
bubbamc119 Offline

Correct, there are no built in speakers.

You'll need speakers and an amplifier, it is possible to get speakers with the amplifier built in (pc speakers, keyboard amplifiers and studio monitors are examples).

#2281220 - 05/26/14 12:00 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]

Yes, you will need powered speakers or an amp, or if you happens o have a regular stereo with an amp and speakers, you can hook it up to that, too. Powered computer speakers work well for personal use as well.

Congrats on your purchase! What do you think of the sound and feel? laugh

#2281221 - 05/26/14 12:02 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
FarmGirl Offline

What speakers and amplifier combination do you recommend? My criteria is simple, easy to work with, reasonable and functional.
Thanks

#2281230 - 05/26/14 12:36 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
FarmGirl Offline

Morodiene, I'm very happy with the sound and feel. It sounds better than most of the upright I played.

#2281302 - 05/26/14 03:25 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: FarmGirl]
pwl Offline

Loc: Bay Area CA
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
What speakers and amplifier combination do you recommend? My criteria is simple, easy to work with, reasonable and functional.
Thanks

Small powered (amplifier built in) monitor speakers from Tannoy, Rokit and others work well. Approximately $300 per pair for the models with 5-inch woofers - these provide clear sound and sufficient bass and volume. I place mine on the floor under the keyboard, to the left and right (some folks put them at ear level).

A specific recommendation: Guitar Center has the Tannoy Reveal 501A for $110 each. These are the speakers I use and I think they sound good. (There is now a Reveal 502, which is why the 501A is at a bargain price.)

Tannoy Reveal 501A at Guitar Center

Edited by pwl (05/26/14 03:31 PM)

#2281308 - 05/26/14 03:31 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: pwl]
Markarian Offline

Loc: Seattle Area
Originally Posted By: pwl
Thanks

Small powered (amplifier built in) monitor speakers from Tannoy, Rokit and others work well. Approximately $300 per pair for the models with 5-inch woofers - these provide clear sound and sufficient bass and volume. I place mine on the floor under the keyboard, to the left and right (some folks put them at ear level).

This ^

I have a pair of Tannoy Reveal 501s and I highly recommend them. They would go perfect with the MP11. Right now, my MP11 is using a pair of cheap bookshelf speakers and a little Lepai powered amp temporarily. Congrats on your new MP11. I love mine!

#2281341 - 05/26/14 04:43 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]

I'm using a pair of Behringer ms16 powered studio monitors . I got them used for $50 off criagslist, but new they're $80 so that's quite affordable. For the money I think they're good, but of course, the sky's the limit on what you could spend for better quality. Best to establish what you're willing to spend first and then get suggestions in that budget. smile

#2281416 - 05/26/14 07:48 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
dynamobt Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
What do people thing of the Kraft Music Studio Bundle? Is it better for someone who doesn't know much about studio equipment to go with a bundle or buy things separately? I know the bundle choices are not always the best quality choice. But, to get things started, are they horrible choices?

http://www.kraftmusic.com/kawai-mp11-professional-stage-piano-complete-studio-bundle.html

Edited by dynamobt (05/26/14 07:51 PM)

#2281449 - 05/26/14 09:01 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: dynamobt]
Kawai James Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Originally Posted By: dynamobt
What do people thing of the Kraft Music Studio Bundle? Is it better for someone who doesn't know much about studio equipment to go with a bundle or buy things separately? I know the bundle choices are not always the best quality choice. But, to get things started, are they horrible choices?

http://www.kraftmusic.com/kawai-mp11-professional-stage-piano-complete-studio-bundle.html

That looks like a pretty nice bundle, in my opinion. I'd prefer a table stand instead of a z-stand (for leg room), and the FC-7 expression pedal may not be necessary for players who wish to focus on piano, but apart from that it's a very complete package.

Ah, congrats to FarmGirl on the MP11 too - my apologies for not clearly stating that the instrument does not feature built-in speakers on the Kawai MP website/owner's manual.

Kind regards,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#2281455 - 05/26/14 09:16 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: dynamobt]

I got this bundle. I haven't used the expression pedal as of yet, but it may come in handy more for my MOX6. The stand is what I'm using now and it works OK, I just have to use it with an adjustable bench and not the one it come with because that doesn't happen to be a good height for me. So really the only thing you possibly may upgrade later on is the bench, but it's a good deal. Oh, and the USB stick they give didn't work well with the MP11, but it certainly can be used elsewhere.

#2281471 - 05/26/14 09:39 PM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
dynamobt Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
Good to know the bundle isn't a bunch of junk. I know nothing of sound equipment. Yet, if I ever need a digital piano, I like the idea of a semi-portable stage piano instead of a cabnet model. I really have no reason to buy a digital piano right now. I can play whenever I want at home on my Mason & Hamlin. But the MP 11 is such a dynamite instrument I'm half tempted to buy it anyway. Then that moment of insanity vanishes. Besides, I know that digitals will only get better and better with time. I admit to be somewhat fascinated by these choices.

#2281599 - 05/27/14 02:38 AM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]
FarmGirl Offline

Thank you everyone. I will get 501s. I bought something called home bundle from the website and it did not come with speakers. I thought it would come with a built in speakers. Not a big deal. I love the sound. It sometimes gives me illusion as though I'm playing good.

#2281632 - 05/27/14 04:08 AM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: FarmGirl]
Markarian Offline

Thank you everyone. I will get 501s. I bought something called home bundle from the website and it did not come with speakers. I thought it would come with a built in speakers. Not a big deal. I love the sound. It sometimes gives me illusion as though I'm playing good.

The Tannoy monitors will not disappoint you. I love mine to death. Make sure you buy XLR cables to go with them, as I don't think they come with them!

I mean no offense by this, but the fact that you bought this not even knowing it didn't come with speakers is amusing. I find it funny because you ended up with something far more professional and refined than anything with built-in speakers. I'm sure you did your research, but if this was a happy accident I think you did very, very well. Enjoy!

#2281638 - 05/27/14 04:19 AM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: dynamobt]
Markarian Offline

Good to know the bundle isn't a bunch of junk. I know nothing of sound equipment. Yet, if I ever need a digital piano, I like the idea of a semi-portable stage piano instead of a cabnet model. I really have no reason to buy a digital piano right now. I can play whenever I want at home on my Mason & Hamlin. But the MP 11 is such a dynamite instrument I'm half tempted to buy it anyway. Then that moment of insanity vanishes. Besides, I know that digitals will only get better and better with time. I admit to be somewhat fascinated by these choices.

Well, I washed down my recent Steinway with this purchase and I love playing both, so I certainly wouldn't discourage you!

#2281689 - 05/27/14 08:21 AM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: FarmGirl]

I'm so glad you like it. I really am enjoying mine since it is my only piano for the summer.

Wait until you want to record on it! No more dogs and husbands doing stuff in the background...at least, we won't know of it LOL! smile

#2281723 - 05/27/14 09:38 AM Re: Kawai MP11 [Re: brooster]

James:

Any word on a new software update to resolve the aforementioned issues with parameters randomly changing values?

I've been using the Panel Lock button which works as a good temporary solution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
116 registered (anamnesis, 36251, aesop, *windowlicker*, 36 invisible), 1264 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75893 Members
42 Forums
156828 Topics
2304401 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuning Database
by Sean Montgomery
08/21/14 05:35 AM
POSTING PICTURES
by bluebilly
08/21/14 03:19 AM
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
08/21/14 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
08/20/14 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
08/20/14 11:45 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission