Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2224511 - 02/02/14 07:54 AM How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins?Max know as it
Maximillyan Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: KZ
How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins? - Interview about pianos
If you piano is often out of tune, this video may give you some hints to fix it!
Piano expert Robert Estrin answers questions:

http://youtu.be/m50aKgxQbCE

But Max know one method use cardboard shim (fix) "Ok, so I've been thinking about Max's cardboard fix
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2221210/1.html
Here a link on his film:

Regards,Max

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2224538 - 02/02/14 09:32 AM Re: How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins?Max know as it [Re: Maximillyan]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Nice video/demonstration, Max.

I read about that method of tuning pin tightening in the Reblitz Book. I will admit that I have never used that method, but I have treated an entire piano pin-block with the CA glue (super glue) treatment on an old upright I had. That worked well also, and it treated all the pins.

I suppose the card-board method works well if there are only just a few loose tuning pins.

Best regards,

Rick

#2224584 - 02/02/14 11:25 AM Re: How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins?Max know as it [Re: Maximillyan]
Dwscamel Offline

I love how enthusiastic you are about your own posts. I don't even have an acoustic, but your post are awesome.

#2224603 - 02/02/14 12:13 PM Re: How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins?Max know as it [Re: Rickster]
Maximillyan Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rickster
Nice video/demonstration, Max.

I read about that method of tuning pin tightening in the Reblitz Book. I will admit that I have never used that method, but I have treated an entire piano pin-block with the CA glue (super glue) treatment on an old upright I had. That worked well also, and it treated all the pins.

I suppose the card-board method works well if there are only just a few loose tuning pins.

Best regards,

Rick

Hi,Rick
I read about a methods of pin Reblitz tightening in the book also. There are many treatments for a pin . However, with 89 - 91 pages I have not found a word about the cardboard. My method "foot wrap" differs fundamentally from fact that does other technicians. I did not clog a pin. In my "foot wrap" a pin is screwing . What we gain in doing so.
First result screwing a pin is destroyed a shim by micro fibers that fill microcracks a pinblock.
Secondly "hot pin " smoothes around a hole these cellulose like an iron
Thirdly, it is a significant build-up layer holes in the bush and a pinblock . As a consequence of the decrease hole and additional friction .
Fourth, we do not hammer a pin. It is undesirable power load , which inevitably destroys the strength properties of the pinblock. I know that as a result of clog treat one sector boards and maim neighboring pins .
" That the method works well or paperboard only when only a few loose pins settings "- YES, but if many pins it is working also . If the pinblock has no significant massive destruction only
Regards,Max

#2224611 - 02/02/14 12:19 PM Re: How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins?Max know as it [Re: Dwscamel]
Maximillyan Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Dwscamel
I love how enthusiastic you are about your own posts. I don't even have an acoustic, but your post are awesome.

THANK,Dwscamel
I'm hear glad yours words

#2225522 - 02/04/14 12:34 AM Re: How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins?Max know as it [Re: Maximillyan]
Maximillyan Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Who well speaks Spanish? What writed argentine technician about Max's cardboard fix?
Video ruso: cómo refuerza una clavija. Qué hijo de su madre, con cartón corrugado, con llaves de mecánico y cómo manda la clavija.
Nosotros somos la NASA!!!
Y encima no saca la cuerda.
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cómo me dueleeeeeeeeeeeee....

http://youtu.be/caEviWlZabM

#2225550 - 02/04/14 01:48 AM Re: How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins?Max know as it [Re: Maximillyan]
KurtZ Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Heart of Screenland
I understand it and it's not good. In essence he's decrying the crudeness of the materials and tools. He's says compared to you, in Argentina they're like NASA, the American space organization. Then he says you didn't even take out the cord (string). Then he says it hurts him to see it.

You asked.

KUrt

#2225570 - 02/04/14 02:58 AM Re: How to tighten a piano with loose tuning pins?Max know as it [Re: KurtZ]
Maximillyan Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: KurtZ
I understand it and it's not good. In essence he's decrying the crudeness of the materials and tools. He's says compared to you, in Argentina they're like NASA, the American space organization. Then he says you didn't even take out the cord (string). Then he says it hurts him to see it.

You asked.

KUrt

Kurt, I'm thank you for your clarification .
That it is not good that's understandable. And what to do? I'm and other technicians are forced to go to some of the costs in the repair process .
Comparing me with NASA in Argentina. I do not think that I am a pioneer of the method of cardboard fix. Although before I did pin nobody ever tried to screwed it's . This Argentinian man saw in it an innovation.
What concerns rudeness materials and tools is a complete ignorance on his brain. I use high-quality tools . A string need there keep on a pin , because then it is difficult to set in a pin again . A pin does not suffer when we are screwed it's I think so .
To express such criticism on the method of " foot wrap " Argentinian man must place own effective way to " a cure of a pin", which will have nice and not rude . And his method shall work at 100 %
Regards, Max

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (accordeur, *windowlicker*, AaronM, Alpiano, 46 invisible), 1721 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75921 Members
42 Forums
156890 Topics
2305264 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Stabilise tuning on old grand
by michaelopolis
Today at 02:18 PM
Pierre-Laurent Aimard Ticket for sale
by Fugue14
Today at 01:18 PM
A New Piano Brand is Coming
by Steve Cohen
Today at 12:21 PM
YAMAHA SILENT PIANO HQ 300 SX - Information please!
by ernani
Today at 10:52 AM
CA95 and HP-508
by Alpiano
Today at 09:47 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission