2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
25 members (brennbaer, AlkansBookcase, cmoody31, dh371, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 6 invisible), 1,222 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2227637 02/07/14 08:59 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Many have been asking to see pics of the newest addition to my home. This is my first attempt at posting pics here, hope it works. My newest addition is a Steingraeber 138. Terry C.

Attached Images
STEINGRAEBER 138. B.jpg STEINGRAEBER 138. A.jpg STEINGRAEBER 138. E.jpg STEINGRAEBER 138.C.jpg STEINGRAEBER 138.D.jpg STEINGRAEBER 138.jpg STEINGRAEBER. F.jpg STEINGREABER 138..jpg

Feurich 172(Hand built in Gunzenhausen Germany)
Yamaha CGP 1000
1920 Cunningham player piano
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
nope! There are directions of how to load a photo in a post in the FAQ section at the top of the Piano Forum. You can do it right from your computer without an addition photo site like Photobucket.

1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
1906 Mason & Hamlin Es
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

P
OP Offline
P
I thought I did it according to the directions. Can some one give me more simple instructions. I guess I am not very computer savy. Can anyone take what I have here and put them on here for me? Any help or suggestions would be very helpful and apprec iated. Thanks!

Feurich 172(Hand built in Gunzenhausen Germany)
Yamaha CGP 1000
1920 Cunningham player piano

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
If you filled out the photo uploader correctly, you will have received the new addresses in your inbox for each photo.

The two important things are to locate the photo(s) in your own photo files and select them into the uploader.

Then make sure that your personal email address is entered.

You can find the Uploader in the FAQ at the top of the page. It is the one by Eric Gloo.

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
ah geez, what a tease!

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Private message me and I'll give you my email address and you can send me the photos and I'll make you links with photobucket.

(not everyone is computer savvy, that's ok smile )

Darn! I was dying to see those pictures!

Karen
Bachelor of Music -Applied Piano
Masters in parenting and grand-parenting
Freelance journalist
"Music is what feelings sound like"

1994 Baldwin R
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi Piano Man...

I want to see those pictures too... smile

See if these instructions work for you.

Here is the picture upload page with instructions...
http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/fileuploader2.html

Once you figure out what the little icons at the top of the full-screen window are for, it is not too bad.

First, a photo has to be hosted on a website and have an “http” web address to be embedded into a thread/post. Frank prefers that we use the PW photo web hosting site, for various reasons. Once the photo is uploaded to PW, the member will get an email with the web page where the photo is hosted… click on the address and the photo will appear… (just the picture, nothing else). Next, right click on the photo and a drop-down box will appear… on the drop-down window, left click “properties”. There, the web address where the photo is hosted will appear, starting with “http” and ending with “jpg”.

Highlight and copy the web address (starting with http and ending with jpg) of the photo and now go to the PW forum where you want to post/embed the photo; select full-screen window and click on the 4th icon (at top of screen) from the left… it will have a few drop-down menu options, one of which says “enter a non-floating image”; click on that one. Next, a text box will appear... paste the http web address of the photo in the text box (remove the http:// that is already there and post the entire photo address). Click “OK”. The photo will not show up in the thread/post window unless you click “preview post”; of course, if you did it right, the photo will show up when you submit the post.

So, there are a few steps involved, and it took me while to figure it out… but you just have to play around with the icons at the top of the post window to figure it out.

I hope this helps…

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rickster
First, a photo has to be hosted on a website and have an “http” web address to be embedded into a thread/post. Once the photo is uploaded to PW, the member will get an email with the web page where the photo is hosted…
I hope this helps…

For anyone using a Mac computer, it isn't necessary to post/host your photo(s) on a website.
Simply export and resize your photo(s) through iPhoto into Documents and then submit to the PW photo upload.
Very simple.... once you get the hang of it. ; )

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission