2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (crab89, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, 8 invisible), 1,188 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Hello fellow members.

I am playing piano for more than a year now and I'm wanting to enhance my playing skills as well as quality of my current piano. Current one is not actually a piano :P, it's a 61-key keyboard with velocity (Yamaha PSR-E333 to be precise - bought new). I've saved some money, enough for me to buy an used acoustic or brand new digital (which are stated in topic tittle). I will first look up for acoustic ones, yet I didn't find something interesting for normal price (in that "price" I add professional piano movers and technician's work as well as companionship in selection of a decent one). I'm familiar with basic routine for piano maintenance & piano inspection before buying it. Long story short, I personally think that it'd be more practical to buy a digital because of the following reasons:

- You don't have to worry about tuning, strings, repairs, shipping to my flat, you can practice in private, can record your performance, etc.
On the other side I would love to own an acoustic but I'd also like to learn how to properly tune - not watch some tutorials over the internet. My playing can vary - I can play for 15 hours per week or 0 hours so in general piano would be fairly used. And that requires often tuning. In my country as well as region you don't have any schools or courses, you just need to have a friend who tunes and can teach you.

Anyway, we'll see what will happen. Now back to digital pianos. I tried 162 and I quite liked it - liked the feel, sound is decent. I have yet to try mp10 and mp15 to see what they're like. I've read on the internet that mp10 has some problem with keys - they are too heavy, fall in the keyboard, etc.

The price between those two (both brand new) are 1050 euros for Yamaha and 900 euros for mp10 and 1150 for mp15. Not big of a differenc and I want to buy a digital piano that'll serve me for next 5 years.

Has any of you had any of these pianos, had reliability issues, at least tried them in shop, have opinion, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated. smile

P
P
If a digital is what you are really interested in,you might have more luck posting on the digital forums. GOOD LUCK!

Feurich 172(Hand built in Gunzenhausen Germany)
Yamaha CGP 1000
1920 Cunningham player piano
M
OP Offline
M
Okay thanks. smile

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission