Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
75 registered (ando, 36251, 661-Pete, 22 invisible), 1149 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2231980 - 02/15/14 10:52 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Well, I was going to start listening last night, and I swear to you, the minute I clicked submit on that post my internet crapped out. But it's back morning, so I'm over there!

Cathy

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2231991 - 02/15/14 11:16 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
BTW, does anyone know of a way to listen on an iPhone without downloading everything into iTunes? It seems like the streaming doesn't work, and I can't see an alternative. I didn't get very far with the zip files either.

#2232012 - 02/15/14 11:34 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: ShiroKuro]
SwissMS Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Batch two:
11. Jazzwee - Wave I love these live performances! Your improvisation is very free-flowing, but it also holds together very well to express a relaxing mood. With your comment on the difficult chord changes, I listened for that. It does sound difficult, but you executed them well.

12. Peyton - Mazurka Op. 17 No. 4 This is my favorite Chopin Mazurka. I like your take on it, a little faster and more jazzy, than I have heard before before. It has a feel of free improvisation. You gave it the “spice” that sets Mazurkas apart. Beautifully played.

13. Sam S - Preludes Book 1 Number 8 - La Fille aux cheveux de lin You made me want to go back and relearn this! It is such an uplifting piece. You gave it the emotion it deserves, restraining the tempo to give it majesty. Very nice!

14. earlofmar - Bagatelle Op 119, No 9 I thought you paced the piece well, and there was a nice balance between the melody and accompaniment. Great job for 14 months!

15. timmyab - Song without words op 53 no 1 This a gorgeous piece. I guess I have another SWW to learn… The left hand Arps are nicely subdued under the singing melody, and I like your phrasing, and well placed retardandos. Very nicey played.

16. Amaruk - O Mio Babbino Caro I am blown away by your creative videos. How did you turn your Roland into a Fazioli?? I think your chosen tempo worked very effectively, making a sweet love song. Very nicely played!

17. torquenale (Alessandra) - Sonata in F Major K78 Scarlatti has such a variety in his many Sonatas. I like this one, and you give a proper baroque feel. These transparent pieces require great attention to detail. Nicely played.

18. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Russell Very fitting feel to accompany the wonderful baby pictures. Congratulations on your handsome grandson. Beautifully composed and played!

19. Riddler (Ed) - Aranjuez This is a powerful piece, full of determination. You did a great job with the arrangement.

20. Greener / Jeff - Nocturne in Eb Major Very nice take on this gorgeous Nocturne. I like your pacing, and use of rubato. Nice runs on the 2nd page, and a nice lyrical finish.

Thanks for the review Sam Rose!
Originally Posted By: Sam Rose

10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6
Love the Bechstein, but does it need a tuning? Nice piece of music, and nice playing! I really enjoyed it.
And yes, the Bechstein is might need a little tuning. We have been having unusually warm weather which seems to have changed its colour a little lately. I guess I need the tuner sooner than I thought.

Working on ABRSM Grade 6
European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#2232032 - 02/15/14 12:21 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: ShiroKuro]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted By: ShiroKuro
BTW, does anyone know of a way to listen on an iPhone without downloading everything into iTunes? It seems like the streaming doesn't work, and I can't see an alternative. I didn't get very far with the zip files either.

ShiroKuro, I just uploaded all the pieces to my BOX.NET account.
I think you can now use any mobile device (iphone, android, ...) to listen ABF Recital #33.

Link: ABF Recital #33 - alternative player (for PC and mobile devices)

(Sorry for the delay...)
Enjoy!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2232034 - 02/15/14 12:24 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Yay!!! Thank you!!

#2232065 - 02/15/14 01:28 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
56. Carlos- I REALLY enjoyed listening to your Bach. In fact, I listened twice. There were some ornaments you fumbled but all in all you really felt in command of the piece. I wish I could keep time like you do... it seemed right on. Just great work.

#2232076 - 02/15/14 01:51 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TheodorN Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Skåne, Sweden
21. MaryBee - Sarabande (Pour le piano) That was wonderful. 37 seventh chords in a row, don’t know where I would be after that.

22. newbert - Rocket To The Moon Very nice, the DGX-640 and Pianoteq sound great. I’m surprised how well you play this, I suppose the foundation as a child stays with you for a very long time.

23. ajames - Laura Very well played.

24. CarlosCC - Time Lapse Great, you make the Grand Piano 2 sound so good, I never felt it was any good when I had my P85.

25. Peterws - Autumn Leaves Love it how you jazzed up the leaves, leaves me dumbfounded. When you’ve become that good, you can put your own mark on pieces, I look forward to it.

26. ladyaugustina - Sonatina Op. 36, No. 3 Nice playing, a fun sonata.

27. dynamobt / Marilyn - Piano Sonata Op 2 no 1 1st mvt Well done, that sonata sounds demanding. Some of the pauses seemed a bit long, though there may be long rests in some works, according to the sheet.

28. Jake S - Chopin Prelude no.6 in B minor You played that prelude nicely.

29. Coldsalmon - Sonata in D minor K 32 L 423 Well played.

30. corysold - Cory Hallahan - Greensleeves I liked your playing of Greensleeves. It’s a popular beginner piece, you did a good job on it.

31. Sand Tiger - Tracks in the Snow Nice job.

32. StevenB - Old German Dance Well played, and a lively piece.

33. Yamaha G3 & P-80 / Mike White - Zamba No. 10 A lovely piece and a good job on it. Thought I recognized the beginning, maybe some contemporary music has borrowed it.

34. paul1971 - The Entertainer Nice job on that claccical piece, it’s on my to learn list and I hope to do it as well as you.

35. JimF - Sung Outside A Prince's Door Nicely done.

36. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sonatina Op 36 N2 3rd movement Well done, your playing flows nicely.

37. copper - Scenes From Childhood, The Poet Speaks A good job on that one, a very soothing piece.

38. lyricmudra - Nocturne in D-Flat Major, Op. 27 No. 2 Beautiful playing of a beautiful piece.

39. evamar - Pelagia's Song - With Sausage Fingers Remix Nicely done, as said before!

40. BenPiano - Dahlonega As usual, great job with a demanding piece.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenorbass1

Casio PX-5S

#2232102 - 02/15/14 02:54 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Let me start off with a congratulations to everybody contributing for another wonderful recital!! I particularly like the wide range of playing experience and repertoire that's represented this time. That's exactly what these recitals were designed for! thumb

First group of ten:

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2: I love the jaunty first movement; your runs didn’t sound sloppy to me. Instead, I thought you sounded very confident and in control.

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart: Speaking of sloppy runs... wink I need to work on not slowing down when I’m doing my runs... help

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8: Every recital I express my awe toward people who can play Bach; the nonstop action coupled with different voices/hand independence challenges would put me in conniptions. You pulled it all off well. I particularly enjoyed the Invention.

04. wouter79 - Ballade, op.118 no.3: This does sound like a tremendously challenging piece. I also liked the quieter B part the best, especially the rolling (muted) thunder of the bass accompanying it. Nicely played.

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major: What an achingly poignant, pretty little piece. Beautiful performance and sound, and the recording quality of your iPhone is surprisingly good.

06. George Schiro - Heartache: I wish I could improvise. I really enjoyed this piece, which had an almost jazzy feel, and seemed more intense than sad. I really liked the sudden introduction of the deep bass at 2:24. I might have titled it “Anguished Heart” rather than “Heartache.”

07. dannylux / Mel - Coleridge-Taylor Three Fours Op.71 No.2: I find voicing the melody in chords to be quite difficult, so I understand the challenges in this piece. You succeeded admirably with this take, however. The dynamics were particularly effective.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Beyond Violette: I’ll have to look up the original “Violette” to compare, but I loved what you’ve done here. It has a memorable and inspirational melody; I found myself humming it well after the piece was done. p.s. “Hack-o-Noodling,” I love it!! grin

09. sinophilia (Diana) - Little Prelude BWV939: Another brave Bach performer! Yes, a little slow, but I’ll take precise slower playing over sloppy error-laden playing any day, and you play this in a precise and controlled manner.

10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6: I don’t play classical, but when I hear Mendelssohn in these recitals, I get tempted... this is a lyrical, beautiful piece, and your video makes those trills look so easy!

#2232115 - 02/15/14 03:10 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
TheodorN Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Skåne, Sweden
41. jotur/Cathy turner - A Little Street Where Old Friends Meet Nicely played.

42. Jayden (Jayden Traynor) - Locke'd Out Again Well done, True Keys American sounds great

43. Ganddalf - A piece for me to play An enjoyable piece and enjoyable playing.

44. TrapperJohn - Beauty and the Beast (from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast") This piece is not easy to play the right way, but you captured the feel of it very well.

45. Pathbreaker - Capriccio in F-sharp minor, Op. 76 no. 1 Nice work on this piece.

46. Inlanding - Glen - Four Threads As usual from you, great and steady playing.

47. (Was)TrueBeginner - Purity A nice composition and well played.

48. joangolfing - Gavotte and Variations (Suite No. 14) Well done.

49. Ken. - Monk's Dream Nicely done, you made it swing.

50. Mar_red - Theme from Schindler's List This is a beautiful piece, from a great movie, and you captured the essence of it, in my opinion.

51. ShiroKuro - Midwinter Memories Very beautifully played.

52. barbaram - Tequila Sunrise I enjoyed it, very well done.

53. Ohio_Mark - Red Rose Rendezvous Nicely played. I can’t tell if it was too fast, since I don’t know the piece, but I enjoyed it.

54. MrPozor - Prelude in E minor - BWV 941 Well done.

55. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Nocturne in C-Minor, No 21 (Posthumous) I liked your performance a lot, didn’t notice anything wrong with it. No, forget about the xylophone. grin

56. carlos88 - Bach's Italian Concerto, First Movement Nicely played, I enjoyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenorbass1

Casio PX-5S

#2232123 - 02/15/14 03:21 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
I will probably do these in groups of two or four as I work through all the selections.

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2 What a great opener! It really takes me back to hear you play this piece that I once dabbled in. My teacher assigned it to me but I never did get it to a point where I was confident to play it in the group recital. I really enjoyed your performance, nice job!

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart
I know this piece VERY well - as a listener. I have a Pandora station called "George Winston" and it's completely new age solo piano. There is a streaming Pandora device in pretty much every room of the house and this is the station for the late evening. Actually my wife requires it playing at certain times ( ha) This piece comes on all the time and I really like it. Your version is lovely! The recorded sound of your piano is also quite beautiful. I hope to do something New Age soon, maybe for the next recital. Either George Winston or Philip Aaberg if I can ever get the sheet music.

#2232161 - 02/15/14 04:44 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
11. Jazzwee - Wave: I could close my eyes and pretend I’m in a crowded nightclub with this live recording! I really liked the Latin feel of the rhythm. Not to mention that improvising is difficult enough itself, but doing it in front of an audience? wow

12. Peyton - Mazurka Op. 17 No. 4: I’m not one to second-guess Rubinstein laugh but I like the faster tempo on your rendition. This piece starts off deceptively easy (relatively speaking), but when you got to the dramatic part around 1:15, my jaw dropped. Bravo!

13. Sam S - Preludes Book 1 Number 8 - La Fille aux cheveux de lin: I’m glad I clicked on the video link, because you make this piece *sound* so easy that it wasn’t until I saw the sheet music (loved how you did that in the video, btw) and saw the gruesome six-flat key signature and all the tricky runs and voices going on in it that I realized just how difficult it was. I'm impressed!

14. earlofmar - Bagatelle Op 119, No 9: What a lilting and joyful piece, and you play it with such a nice light touch. I wish it had lasted longer. smile

15. timmyab - Song without words op 53 no 1: You do a good job of making the melody sing clearly through a lot of different and interesting chord progressions.

16. Amaruk - O Mio Babbino Caro: Okay, I’m only on #16, but I’m guessing you’re a shoo-in for the Best Video prize of the recital–creative and entertaining! thumb Lovely arrangement of a beautiful aria, too.

17. torquenale (Alessandra) - Sonata in F Major K78: I like the tempo you’re playing this; it comes across as joyful but not frenetic. Nice job!

18. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Russell: Well, heck, if I hadn’t already given “Best Video” to Amaruk, I’d be tempted to give it to you, simply for those adorable new baby pics of little Russ. And what a beautiful composition to commemorate his birth by. smile

19. Riddler (Ed) - Aranjuez: What a beautiful, somber piece. Your description of it as “fate knocking at the door, and the triumph of the human spirit” is apt. I heard it as the anguish of someone who sees a great war looming yet feeling powerless to do anything about it. You play it with wonderful emotion, and you’ve inspired me to look up and listen to the orchestra version.

20. Greener / Jeff - Nocturne in Eb Major: All those trills would be insurmountable for me, yet you pull them off with aplomb. Very impressive!

#2232244 - 02/15/14 07:37 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: dynamobt]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
dynamobt
" I did not take the opportunity to listen to the recording once I uploaded it. And come to find out, the unedited versions made it into the recital. There are two false starts before I play the 1st movement through. So sorry. I hope you can put up with the two false starts to make it listening to the piece. "

THAT was the fun bit. . . Do you think we do any different? We all knew what happened from experience, believe me. No need to apologise! Like a breath of fresh air! grin Thanks for leaving that in . . .

""

#2232268 - 02/15/14 08:56 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
I'm just wondering what this place is going to sound like in a few years. The mixture and level of 'beginner' talent here just amazes me every time. It's starting to get harder just to keep up, but at the same time, these recitals are such an incredibly powerful motivator that I'm glad to participate in them.

So here we go. 1st group:

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2 these sounded great Andy. Your technical proficiency keeps improving with every performance.

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart Ahh,... my kind of music here. From the deep opening bass to the flowing melodies (with authoritative bass notes mixed in} all the way to the expressive ending. This is what I love. And the Mason sounded great once again..(I miss mine).

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8 Richard, this music may be old hat to you but it's new to me and I'm glad you brought it back out. Nicely done.

04. wouter79 - Ballade, op.118 no.3 Wow Wouter, you impressed the pants off me with this one. And I don't even listen to music like this. Your soft entries into contrasting chords were terrific. I can clearly see the effort you put into this. Be proud of this one.

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major This was very nice and relaxing for me. I'm so glad you decided to tailor this piece to your own likings as the performance sounded like you really enjoyed playing it.

06. George Schiro - Heartache Nicely done George. I love hearing the music that comes from within best as it's basically 'musically you'. Nicely done.

07. dannylux / Mel - Coleridge-Taylor Three Fours Op.71 No.2 I did like it Mel! I love chords so what's not to love about this piece? Very professionally performed and sounding as always.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Beyond Violette Crap are you cheap. I just don't get your logic;... headphones taped over the Zoom! Next time when your back on the Mason, how 'bout a decent sounding recording to go along with it?

09. sinophilia (Diana) - Little Prelude BWV939 This sounded really good to me and it's nice to know that things are going well for you and you are happy with your progress. That enthusiasm can get infectious you know! Keep it up.
10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6 Yes, I can certainly hear(and feel) your expressive playing. And I liked the way you introduced the trills just a micro second ahead of time. Wonderfully done.

#2232272 - 02/15/14 09:04 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Let me get this posted quick, before my intermittent internet strikes again!

8. Mr. Super-Hunky – Beyond Violette This was terrific! I love your styling – all those years of noodling have paid off! I’ve only got a couple of tunes I can noodle on, and I admire the time and attention you’ve put in to your progress. Great results. This one’s a keeper.

13. Sam S – Preludes Wonderful! Your interpretation was so organic, like you just sat down at the piano and played exactly what you felt. This recording is now a favorite of mine.

7. dannylux/mel – Three Fours I can actually hear this as part of my repertoire, which isn’t usual unless it’s old popular stuff. But this moved so well, and your interpretation is great – great dynamics and authority, and very successful at bringing out the melody. Congratulations on your successful at doing that!

10. SwissMS/Doris – Venetian Boat Song Nicely done! Great dynamics, and trills. Confidently played, too.

17. torquenale/Alessandra – Sonata I loved it! I like this ear anyway, your was a sprightly and fun performance, perfect for this piece.

21. Mary Bee – Sarabande That series of 7 chords is something I should get my head around. How cool that it’s a piece you can keep finding more depth in. And very well played.

Now let's see how much more I can listen to before I'm shut out again!

Cathy

#2232282 - 02/15/14 10:03 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Amaruk Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New England, USA
I am overwhelmed with all the great submissions this time!!!

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2
That was great! It does not sound simple at all to me. Well played and I really like how light your touch is. Great job!

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart
Very impressive Monica! What a dramatic opening and big contrast to Andy’s piece. I loved your performance! It is easy to tell that you worked out all the quirks in the piece to end up with this great flow in your playing! Your MH piano sounds really great and your recording quality with the H4 is top notch! You look really relaxed when you play! Great job!

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8
Fantastic! I think your idea of letting pieces mature works great! It sounded like a professional recording to me!

04. wouter79 - Ballade, op.118 no.3
Amazing! This piece sounds extremely difficult to me but you pulled it off great! Well done!

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major
What a great performance! And recorded in a piano store too! That in itself is amazing! You must not have any red dot syndrome at all! Well done! May I ask if they extended you an extra sweet deal on the Bosendorfer after that performance? I think they should…

06. George Schiro - Heartache
What a great original! Well played! Did you write it down or is this all from memory?

07. dannylux / Mel - Coleridge-Taylor Three Fours Op.71 No.2
I really enjoyed this piece. Extremely well played! Great job!

08. Mr Super Hunky - Beyond Violette
Your are a very talented composer and piano player Mr SH! Loved it!! I like your hack of recording from actual headphones…

09. sinophilia (Diana) - Little Prelude BWV939
Great job! Well played and I like how you bring out the dynamics in this piece so dramatically! I always like it when I see a pen and an eraser on the music desk! Your lovely piano sounds great!

10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6
What a treat! This was played with great emotions in a very musical way!! Your grand piano sounds and looks great too!

Edited by Amaruk (02/15/14 10:04 PM)

#2232286 - 02/15/14 10:19 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8
The invention is one that I've always wanted to learn. You really have polished this one and it sounds great! I took a similar approach with my submission because I've known my piece for a very long time. It feels good to revisit something and see how you have grown. Good work.

04. wouter79 - Ballade, op.118 no.3
Very nice! When it comes to Brahms I'm pretty sure I'm his biggest fan. You have a great sound for this music and I wouldn't worry about the tempo. A lot of music by Brahms does fine at a moderate tempo because the thick textures have more space to come out.
Regarding the difficulty, Brahms is always quite difficult to play, I think. From your playing of this piece I think it was a good level for you. It has great potential and you will enjoy it more over time. The one I played has always been too hard for me but now it's a little less too hard than it used to be ha

#2232288 - 02/15/14 10:21 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2 this not a piece I'm familiar with but I enjoyed hearing your recording of it.

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart Monica, as always your taste in piano music speaks right to my heart! I don't recognize the composers name, but I feel like I've heard this before. Anyway, I think you've done a wonderful job with it, your love of the music really comes through. I'm trying to pretend I don't want the sheet music, too much in the pipeline as it is! laugh

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8 wonderful! I love this music and your recording, you clearly have it in your fingers confidently, so I think your strategy of playing something that has matured worked well, and the result was a real joy to listen to!

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major your iPhone?? Really? I'll have to remember that, what app on the iPhone did you use? Did it result in an mp3, or did you do something to it after the initial recording? I don't know this piece, but it sounds just lovely! And the piano! How lucky to play such a amazing instrument!

07. dannylux / Mel - Coleridge-Taylor Three Fours Op.71 No.2 I enjoyed that very much! I also liked listening to it and listening for the chords and melody knowing that you re-recorded it to bring out the melody.

Edited by ShiroKuro (02/15/14 10:22 PM)

#2232289 - 02/15/14 10:23 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Amaruk]
PikaPianist Offline

Loc: Brisbane
Originally Posted By: Amaruk

What a great performance! And recorded in a piano store too! That in itself is amazing! You must not have any red dot syndrome at all! Well done! May I ask if they extended you an extra sweet deal on the Bosendorfer after that performance? I think they should…

Thanks! And no, they didn't offer a sweet deal on the Bosendorfer, but I did find it quite amazing that the piano dealer there allowed me to play to my hearts content. (A lot of dealers hover around you and only let you have a little 'taste' of it). Oh and I definitely still have red dot syndrome, but in this recording I felt a lot more relaxed simply because I'm playing on such a gorgeously soothing piano!

Kawai CS6 digital piano
My channel: www.youtube.com/user/Darkalus

#2232301 - 02/15/14 10:40 PM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: ShiroKuro]
PikaPianist Offline

Loc: Brisbane
Originally Posted By: ShiroKuro

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major your iPhone?? Really? I'll have to remember that, what app on the iPhone did you use? Did it result in an mp3, or did you do something to it after the initial recording? I don't know this piece, but it sounds just lovely! And the piano! How lucky to play such a amazing instrument!

Thanks! I used Voice Record Pro, a very handy app which allows you to record to mp4 (or m4a) and convert it to mp3.

Kawai CS6 digital piano
My channel: www.youtube.com/user/Darkalus

#2232367 - 02/16/14 01:13 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I've never really listened to Field's music but now I will have to take a closer listen. You've done a great job with this and the piano sounds amazing.&#65279;

06. George Schiro - Heartache
I really enjoyed this feeling you captured. Thanks for sharing!

#2232381 - 02/16/14 01:49 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Pathbreaker]
SwissMS Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
I am really enjoying listening to these. There is so much growth in the abilities of the "regulars" and I am delighted to hear the work on new players!

21. MaryBee - Sarabande (Pour le piano) This is certainly a brooding piece. I really like your interpretation, and I think the slower pace fits it well. You gave it a lot of feeling. Your image of a stormy relationship fits well. Beautifully played!

22. newbert - Rocket To The Moon You play with a lot of heart for someone with just 6 months back on the bench! This is a very pretty piece. Great job with it.

23. ajames - Laura Very nice beginning for seven months playing piano. You are very musical. The melody sings and the accompaniment is nicely subdued.

24. CarlosCC - Time Lapse This does sound like a difficult piece to interpret, but I think you did a wonderful job finding its soul, as usual. Wonderful, expressive playing!

25. Peterws - Autumn Leaves What a nice, fre-flowing improvisation. This is so rich, expressing so much variation, yet it holds together very well. You had all of that on top of your head? I am impressed!

26. ladyaugustina - Sonatina Op. 36, No. 3 I really love this Sonatina. It is so playful. I end up dancing on the piano bench when I play it. You play it with that playful feeling, letting it freely flow. Nice job on the runs. Fun!

27. dynamobt / Marilyn - Piano Sonata Op 2 no 1 1st mvt I like your crisp, clean ornamentation, use of dynamic range for effect, and restrained use of the pedal. Very competently played. Beautiful.

28. Jake S - Chopin Prelude no.6 in B minor This is one of my favorite Chopin Preludes. It is so brooding, yet has a sense of hope in it. I like the tempo you chose, to bring out those feelings. Good pacing and dynamics. Nice job.

29. Coldsalmon - Sonata in D minor K 32 L 423 Congratulations on your new piano! Nice job with this sonata. Nice ornaments and even playing.

30. corysold - Cory Hallahan - Greensleeves 3 ½ weeks? You are doing great. You show good musicality in this piece, and your chords sound quite even. Good job!

31. Sand Tiger - Tracks in the Snow What a wonderful memorial to your Dad. You have written a very nice melody, with a subdued accompaniment so that it can sing. Nice job.

32. StevenB - Old German Dance This is an outstanding job for one month on the bench. Your rhythm is good, you show some dynamic variation, and there is a good balance between the hands. Very nice!

33. Yamaha G3 & P-80 / Mike White - Zamba No. 10 I like the latin feel of this piece. You give it a very expansive feeling overall, and it reminds me of ‘40’s era movie themes. Powerfully played. Fun!

34. paul1971 - The Entertainer Great job for only three months! You are off and running. You give this the bouncy feeling it calls for. Nice job!

35. JimF - Sung Outside A Prince's Door This is an interesting, melodic piece. You pace it well. The melody sings above the accompaniment, and you handled those rolled 10ths easily. Well played!

36. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sonatina Op 36 N2 3rd movement You have a good feel for classical era music, giving it the lyrical, lilting feel it needs. You have a great start on this. I like your pacing of the piece. Good job!

Working on ABRSM Grade 6
European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#2232398 - 02/16/14 03:30 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Spanish living in UK
Starting from the bottom half. I'm only a beginner so cannot really comment in technique. However, just like any ignorant person I feel that I can give some comments! "I might not know about Art, but I know what I like!" grin

29. Coldsalmon - Sonata in D minor K 32 L 423
Congratulations on your new piano and your playing. You make it sound beautiful.

30. corysold - Cory Hallahan - Greensleeves
Excellent, go on and bring us more!

31. Sand Tiger - Tracks in the Snow
So sorry about your dad, he'll be enjoying the finished piece. Very nice melody with different moods, just like life.

32. StevenB - Old German Dance
As per my first review, a great job.

33. Yamaha G3 & P-80 / Mike White - Zamba No. 10
Gorgeous! I hadn't heard this before and it's a really lovely piece. At first it reminded me of a bolero. It got me interested in finding more about other Pignoni's works, so thank you for opening my eyes to a great name.

34. paul1971 - The Entertainer
Really good job, specially for a beginner!

35. JimF - Sung Outside A Prince's Door
I hadn't heard this piece before, really sweet and not simple to play at all. Got me very interested, it sounds really well and connected nicely.

36. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sonatina Op 36 N2 3rd movement Very cheerful piece, very well played. Yes, some mistakes here and there but it's a hard one to play and you were very conscious of your neighbour. I loved the piece, your playing and the sound of your piano.

37. copper - Scenes From Childhood, The Poet Speaks
Good that the poet won! Very well played, great job.

38. lyricmudra - Nocturne in D-Flat Major, Op. 27 No. 2
One of my favourite Chopin's pieces. Absolutely loved your playing. Don't care if Chopin himself said it should be faster, it is gorgeous the way you play it, so full of expression and feelings. Sentimental, maybe, but why not? Music should transmit something, and this one played like that definitely does. Simply beautiful, Darby would have been happy listening to it: my cats would definitely like me to be able to play like that and stop scaring them, so would I!

39. evamar - Pelagia's Song - With Sausage Fingers Remix
Happier with it now that I don't have the pressure of recording and did some more work. My fingers still now and then go the wrong way, hence more cursing from my part, but I have noticed that they tend to do that while I'm reading from the music sheet, normally not when I play something that I have memorised and am not reading it. Looking forward to the next one!

40. BenPiano - Dahlonega
Really lovely work, very expressive and I can imagine the story developing with the music. Congratulations both on your composing and playing. Very nice sounding piano!

41. jotur/Cathy turner - A Little Street Where Old Friends Meet
I had never heard this one before, but I was la-la-la-la-laing it very soon! Nice!

42. Jayden (Jayden Traynor) - Locke'd Out Again
As per my first comments, I loved it!

43. Ganddalf - A piece for me to play
Wow, brilliant, not bored at all. I got lost in your theory explanation, I must confess, but I can say that I love how it sounds, exactly how it is. Chopin, Liszt and Rachmaninoff??? I want to learn YOUR pieces!

44. TrapperJohn - Beauty and the Beast (from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast")
Disney's songs are terrific. Really lovely playing, thank you so much for the lyrics, I was singing along! Very sweet and full piece, excellently played.

45. Pathbreaker - Capriccio in F-sharp minor, Op. 76 no. 1
What a contrast from the previous entry! Very agitated and restless piece, but brilliant too and obviously so hard to play. Amazing work. I had not heard it before and it put me to the edge.

46. Inlanding - Glen - Four Threads
We have some great composers here! Very different moods, all gorgeous.

47. (Was)TrueBeginner - Purity
I love to listen to original compositions, I never have a clue where they'll go. Very nice and sweet piece, thanks

48. joangolfing - Gavotte and Variations (Suite No. 14)
Very playful piece, airy and light. Nicely played.

49. Ken. - Monk's Dream
I had heard this one for saxo. Very nice piece, good job!

50. Mar_red - Theme from Schindler's List
Gorgeous piece, a pleasure to listen, a great rendition.

51. ShiroKuro - Midwinter Memories
Lovely piece, nicely played, what do you mean "not a specially good performance"?

52. barbaram - Tequila Sunrise
I like Pam Wedgewood, very cool pieces just like this one. You had a lot of fun playing it once it came together, didn't you? Well done!

53. Ohio_Mark - Red Rose Rendezvous
Jazz, jazz, jazzy! I enjoyed listening to it, one more for me to learn one day.

54. MrPozor - Prelude in E minor - BWV 941
Personally I don't believe that any of Bach's pieces is actually easy, not on paper nor in reality. But you do make it sound easy, your 10 fingers are completely independent and create gorgeous music. I hope I'll be able to learn this one in a couple years.

55. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Nocturne in C-Minor, No 21 (Posthumous)
What a lovely piece and performance. Really expressive and musical, where were your mistakes exactly??? Your piano sounds beautifully, but it is you who makes it sound so lovely. Nice special effects!

56. carlos88 - Bach's Italian Concerto, First Movement
What an uplifting piece, fantastic end to the recital. Brilliantly played, coughing and all (if it was actually you the one coughing, extra congrats for not losing the rhythmic!)

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

#2232420 - 02/16/14 05:05 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
I had the pleasure and comfort of listening to some lovely music throughout the night with an upset tummy.

As always, I am impressed with the range of styles and skills demonstrated in our recitals. I love that we have several new comers - and participants ranging from folks who've played for just a few months, to "old timers" who've played for years.

Mr. Super-Hunky..did you ever imagine how this on-line recital concept would grow and how long it would last when you suggested it? What a wonderful idea! Thanks!

Thanks to Monica for pulling it together!

Thanks for Copper for maintaining the roll for our Order of the Red Dot and to Sam S. for marvellous resource of the ABF Recital Index. To mahlzeit for the programming.
And of course to LaValse who supported and hosted us for so long, before passing it on to Frank....whom we can thank not only for hosting the recital but for the whole site!

Last, but certainly not least, a huge thank you and round of applause to everyone who took the time and energy to practice, record, and participate. I look forward to these recitals so much!

On to some feedback

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2 Andy - that was most enjoyable. I don't know this particular piece, but you certainly know how to present the Beethoven flavour! The "defects" you mentioned weren't distracting - and I was particularly charmed by the little contrasts in tone and dynamics throughout the piece which I think you handled adroitly. This was a great kick-off for the recital!

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart Monica, this really is your type of music - you handle it with the grace and elegance I've come to expect from your performances. You truly make your piano sing eloquently. I particularly loved the delicacy of the final bars- beautifully played!

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8 Ah - Bach! This music enchants me - I love the interwoven threads, the voices, the echoes and passes back and forth - How lovely to have this in your repertoire and be able to delight your audience with the crisp exactness Bach demands! Truly music for the soul - complimenti!

04. wouter79 - Ballade, op.118 no.3 I always enjoy reading the background information you supply with your pieces - I like knowing details about what I'm going to hear. This ceratinly is a rich, sophisticated score - I can understand you may have felt intimidated at taking it on, but I'd say you've done a really impressive job on performing. It sounds complex and challenging, yet you've worked the magic of making it flow off your fingers so that we don't say "oh, that sounds hard"- we say " that sounds lovely".

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major What a great piece of music - tender, sweet, bittersweet - elegant. Your performance was charming.

06. George Schiro - Heartache Improvised mood music...I was curious from the start! Do I detect a bit of Spanish influence here ? This has the feel of an opera "dialogue" between tormented lovers - most interesting and delightfully dramatic!

07. dannylux / Mel - Coleridge-Taylor Three Fours Op.71 No.2 What a shock you must have had with your first recording! This one was certainly a pleasure to listen to. What a rich tapestry of sounds, dynamics, nuances - most enjoyable!

08. Mr Super Hunky - Beyond Violette I'm always blown away by what you do with your "noodling" - I am not familiar with Violette, so I have no idea where the original ends and your additions come in, but this was lovely - parts of it seemed to me to be someone looking back to the past, wistful, longing, yet happy to have had the experience... really a pleasure to listen to!

09. sinophilia (Diana) - Little Prelude BWV939 Diana! Well done!!!! You really are showing splendid progress and I love the confidence that shines through in your playing here! Bravissima! Complimenti!

10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6 Doris - I love this piece and you really do it justice. It is such a pleasure to watch you play too - you are so relaxed and "at one" with your piano. This performance is simply lovely - rich, elegant. In my mind's eye I can see the light glistening on little waves in the Venetian lagoon, and imagine floating along in the serentiy of La Serenissima (Venice's nickname). Complimenti!

11. Jazzwee - Wave Well that was fun! I love your live performances. Hearing the background murmers of the folks in the audience made me feel like I was right there. It was very clear that you were in the groove with this piece - great improv! Bravo!

12. Peyton - Mazurka Op. 17 No. 4 I don't often hear mazurkas - but I do dance them on Monday nights ! smile (hubby and I are taking ballroom dancing lessons). This is not quite the kind of music we dance to.....this is much nicer. I know Chopin based his mazurkas on country dances but this is so much more elegant than what I think of when I hear mazurka. This speed doesn't sound too fast. What I find interesting is that though it is clearly Chopin there are little flashes that sound quite jazzy to my hear. Most enjoyable! Thank you !

13. Sam S - Preludes Book 1 Number 8 - La Fille aux cheveux de lin A quintessental Debussy - I love having the video with the score - it is lovely to follow along. You've really got a great handle on bringing out Debussy's style, lovely pace and flow, beautifully played Sam! Bravo!

14. earlofmar - Bagatelle Op 119, No 9 Excellent pedal work - this is a charming challenge which you have managed beautifully - what a pleasure to hear your performance! My compliments!

15. timmyab - Song without words op 53 no 1 I first learned about these "songs without words" here in ABF, from Sam_S 's performances. I find them absolutely charming, and this one is no exception! Wonderful listening treat! Thank you !

16. Amaruk - O Mio Babbino Caro Your video was fun !... and your performance really enjoyable. I think you fixed on a good tempo in this recording - it captures the feeling in the piece very well. Bravo!

17. torquenale (Alessandra) - Sonata in F Major K78 Oh! Wonderful!!!! I love this! Your piano's voice is perfect for this kind of music. Absolutely delightful! I like the tempo too! Complimenti!

18. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Russell Aw, that was a really sweet video - and the music was straight from the heart, joyful and full of love and hopes for the future. Beautiful, just beautiful!

19. Riddler (Ed) - Aranjuez Ed- the background notes you provided were great. -The music stands on its own as a wonderful piece, but knowing some of the background gives that extra insight that enriches our experience. Your arrangement is realy splendid - this is a really moving piece and you did it full justice. I'm blown away.

20. Greener / Jeff - Nocturne in Eb Major Jeff - I can never get enough Chopin. This is a little faster than I usually hear this piece played, but you hold it together confidently without making it sound at all rushed. As I've mentioned before I enjoy the information notes very much - they are so useful. This is one of my favourites and I'm glad to have had the chance to hear it again today! Thank you!

21. MaryBee - Sarabande (Pour le piano) MaryBee, reading your information notes made me extremely curious to hear this piece of music! It really is a very interesting pieces - at times it seems "classic" Debussy - delicate and harp-like - and then it gets so much darker and mysterious - your performance is really spectacular. You've grown in leaps and bounds the past couple of years - It is quite exciting to hear what you're able to do and the range of expression you're so confident with. Bravissima! Complimenti!

22. newbert - Rocket To The Moon Welcome to the recital! I am not familiar with this piece or composer, but it was certainly a pleasure to listen to this music. It sounded like a movie soundtrack to me - with wonderful arial views over autum forests. Reading the title I guess it should perhaps have stirred other mental images, but oh well... I really enjoyed listening- great performance!

23. ajames - Laura I find using the pedal is a big challenge - some folks seem to get the hang of it in a flash. Very nice performance of this Mercer piece. You're doing really well - only seven months? Wow! My hat is off to you!

#2232425 - 02/16/14 05:22 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: evamar]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hi guys! Certainly enjoyed listening to you lot, and your pianos . . . .A vast array of variety here; Great music.

Andy Platt I love Beethoven (apart from Eroica) and you have captured that fella`s personality in your playing. Precise stuff here, man. And it`s all great grounding for the future. Well Done!

Monika That is one BIG sounding pee-anno you have there, lass. Great recording job here (so many bad ones on Youtube) and the playing was good too! Have fun.

Zrt90 I can see why Bach is so popular. It fair rattles along like a goods train. Relentless. Great for technique (though not necessarily nuances) - This stuff ain`t easy, but it is rewarding. Very well done on that great piano of yours . .

Wouter79 Great intro, slips into a melodious section 1.30 or so in. This all sounds strong and involved, with a quick finish nicely handled.

Pika Pianist Pretty good recording on the hoof as it were; captured the "sitting up close" aspect of playing the piano which you did so well. Glad you could share this unusual experience with us!

George Schiro Mood music indeed! You need a stiff drink, my friend, after that! Very expressive stuff here.

Dannylux Your work as a youngster wasn`t wasted! Lovely sound from your outfit; a big excellent sound due in no mean measure to your playing!

Mr Super Hunky Great recording bfrom headphones! Bit of extra bass and you`ve cracked it . . I can`t guess what you`ve done to this song which I don`t know, but it sure sounds good to me . . .

Sinophilia LOVE the pencil and rubber! I have the same, in the same position on my big music stand. I also have correcting fluid. You can never trust these composers . .
Your Bach, like all his stuff, is great study well performed. It`s relentless often; I like that. For concentrating on notes rather than expression which comes with other stuff usually. I had a listen to both versions of this. Excellent!

""

#2232426 - 02/16/14 05:30 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: peterws]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Dammit, forgot the numbers! Here we go again

10 SWwissMS Unusual style for Mendellssohn; thought he was a happy chappie. This is more Chopin-y sounding to me. Great expression, well handled!

11 Jazzwee Do most jazz pianists find "D" difficult? Bet sax players and trumpeters do too . . .Nice Latin feel to this one and rings the changes from classical.Wonderful stuff as usual. Always love to hear ya, man!

12 Peyton A French feel to this imo.Despite it`s intricacies, it is very relaxing to listen too, and it`s great to see the player! Splendid!

""

#2232433 - 02/16/14 06:05 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: peterws]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

13 SamS Not easy, methinks. Sounds Scottish but it isn`t of course. I love it and will be doing it. The piano sounds soft and very melodious for a Bechstein; maybe because you`re in front of it. Great job!

14 Earlofmar So much good stuff here; terrific rendition of a short piece. The "tools of your trade" sounded super.

15 Timmyab This flowed so well and sounded so good. Mendelssohn certainly has the "feelgood factor" the other composers often lack. Whoah! I feel good . . .I knew that I would . . .

""

#2232435 - 02/16/14 06:10 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: peterws]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

16 Amaruk The usual excellence we expect from you, man! A night at the opera. A complete job. We expect no less and you always deliver!

17 torquenale You get to hear all sorts of piano on this site. Yours was bright and happy as is the music. Well played!

18 Jazztpt Your compositions are at a higher level than some of us can aspire to . . . Superb! Money should change hands . . .we get it for free!

""

#2232438 - 02/16/14 06:28 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: peterws]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

19 Riddler A classic indeed, and worthy of the piano. You play with expression and conviction. Great job!

20 Greener Don`t worry about the faster timing you employ. I played it 6-4 time because there was too much "hanging about" . . some fellas are like that . . .! Very nice job indeed. It`s there.

21 Marybee Sounds like Grieg; majestic playing of a deep piece o` music! Debussy could be my next port of call . .

22 Newbert Great sounding piano you have. Played with consummate ease and dexterity . .

23 ajames A good tune to play slowly. Romantic and relaxing; keep `em coming .

""

#2232440 - 02/16/14 06:31 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
My second batch!

24. CarlosCC - Time Lapse This is indeed different from the other Einaudi's we've heard from you - somehow it makes me think of solitude, in some high mountain refuge- peaceful but with the drama of majestic mountains - beautifully played - I look forward to hearing you live at the EPP !!!

25. Peterws - Autumn Leaves I think you had fun with this one Peter - and that's what it's all about, isn't it? Did I hear a hint of the James Bond theme slipped in there? This was a fun version of an old favourite - I enjoyed it very much!

26. ladyaugustina - Sonatina Op. 36, No. 3 I really like this Clementi collection and I rarely hear this one performed - it is a pity you had to do so much on your own. You didn't sound bored - your rendition has the cheery, spritely tone that I associate with these sonatine. Very nicely done!

27. dynamobt / Marilyn - Piano Sonata Op 2 no 1 1st mvt The fact that you somehow managed to have the parts you clipped made this an endearing listen - very honest. Once into the actual performace I was really delighted with the precision and energy in your performance - One of the highlights of my morning - no doubt about it! It is really wonderful to hear with folks who have a few more years of piano experience can do - I find it inspiring!

28. Jake S - Chopin Prelude no.6 in B minor One of my favouite Chopin pieces - you did a lovely job - your tempo really brings out the melancholy nature of this piece. Nice delicacy where it is required and good work on bringing out the fuller dynamics too.

29. Coldsalmon - Sonata in D minor K 32 L 423 Congrats on the new piano- it sounds lovely! I loved your choice for this recital. It is a more sombre Scarlatti than what I have heard in the past, but just as charming - I love this period and your performance was a pleasure to listen to (and watch)!

30. corysold - Cory Hallahan - Greensleeves Congrats on your first recital - I love Greensleeves! You've been playing less than a month? Good for you for joining in right away! You're off to a flying start!

31. Sand Tiger - Tracks in the Snow What a lovely tribute to your dad. It is a lovely metaphor - there are some parts that make me think of the sunshine sparkling on crystals of pristine snow, and others that make me think of how difficult it is to walk in deep freshly fallen snow --- metaphors for life indeed. My sympathies on your loss, my compliments on your music.

32. StevenB - Old German Dance Another newcomer to the recital! ... and to piano! Even given that you have some musical background I am very impressed by what you're able to do after such a short period! Congratulations! I look forward to hearing your future performances.

33. Yamaha G3 & P-80 / Mike White - Zamba No. 10 This composer is completely new to me - this is a lovely piece - it sounds like a love song, I love the rolling chords and the rich depth.

34. paul1971 - The Entertainer and another new comer! What a delightful energetic Entertainer! If you're this good after just three months, imagine where you'll be in 3 years! Well done indeed!!

35. JimF - Sung Outside A Prince's Door Giacomo, I've enjoyed hearing your MacDowell pieces. You did indeed capture the wistful elements of this piece and nice job on the rolled chords--- bravo! This is soothing, charming music that really does speak of fairytales. I wish it had been longer!

#2232443 - 02/16/14 06:42 AM Re: Recital 33 --- General Discussion Room [Re: peterws]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

24 CarlosCC Your Yammie sounds lovely with just the right echo and reverb to enable that contemplative feel. Almost bell like, excellent. All you need is a film to go with it . . .

25 Lady Augustina Great sounding happy music, played with aplomb and character, congrats on your finals result!

26 Dynamobt Wifey played this years ago; she cant play now unfortunately. Time will smooth out the early wrinkles; recitals will NEVER wait will they? 9 minutes in one take is darned impressive. I only do short pieces . .

Gotta listen to some more. Cherrio; Sun Morning = Glass of sherry for the ole man! heh heh

""

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Odd sound effect on old upright
by 661-Pete
Today at 06:38 AM
Define "atmospheric" in piano music
by Pianolism
Today at 06:18 AM
1 Hour 2-5-1 Jazz Workout Backing Track - Slow to Fast Swing
by Nahum
Today at 05:36 AM
Jools Holland wow
by Shey
Today at 05:23 AM
How to determine felt thickness without specifications?
by JoeThePro
Today at 01:09 AM
Forum Stats
77362 Members
42 Forums
160009 Topics
2349742 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission