Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2240982 - 03/03/14 10:23 PM EMedia Intermediate Software Experiences?
Guaraldi Fan Offline

I received a keyboard as a gift at Christmas, bought the EMedia software for Beginners and have been happily been learning ever since (daily - never missed once!). I'm on lesson 208 out of 316 or so (just finished "Knocking on Heaven's Door) and I am wondering whether or not the Intermediate Software (volume 2 version) is as good and works as well as the first interface wise etc?

I know a teacher would be best, but I love learning at my own pace (I work a great deal) and the ability to have my mistakes pointed out to me. I want to get as far as I can with software for now.

Thanks!

Steve

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2241168 - 03/04/14 09:39 AM Re: EMedia Intermediate Software Experiences? [Re: Guaraldi Fan]
WoodenKeys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Hello Steve:

I have used eMedia and think it is a great program. With that being said, after completing disk 1 and starting disk 2, I have now started with a real teacher. While eMedia does get you going, as you know, nothing replaces a real person. My teacher pointed out errors I was making without even realizing that I was making them. Properly counting the value of notes and properly playing tied notes are two examples.

Disk 2 in my opinion is not quite as good a disk 1. Not all lessons have the interactive feedback, you simply play the score and have to judge for yourself how well you've done.

I have also added Piano for All to my repertoire. This goes about teaching you in a totally different way. For a complete beginner I would chose eMedia over the latter but Piano for All does has its place and makes for an interesting change of pace.

Like you, I enjoyed learning at my own pace as I too have a hectic work schedule. Having a teacher is quite different and has caused me to focus more on practice. It is not as much fun but I can say that I am learning faster. Because I am also doing voice and guitar with her as well I now have to get up early to practice each morning as well as each night. It's the only way I can keep up.

Best of luck,
Norm

#2241237 - 03/04/14 12:00 PM Re: EMedia Intermediate Software Experiences? [Re: Guaraldi Fan]
TheodorN Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Helsingborg, Sweden
I got a change to try out eMedia, and decided that if I would like it, I would order it. I didn't like it, so now it's off my computer. What I liked about the software, was the interactivity feature with the virtual keyboard. Very good graphical interface, maybe the best I've seen yet, since all the notation programs I've tried, have some faults that make them less useful to me.

I was hoping I could load my own MIDI files into the eMedia software, but it turned out it can't be done. That was the deal breaker for me. Besides, there is nothing in the eMedia package, I can't get in hundreds of other resources, usually free of charge. Monotonic one note pieces, almost every tutorial package has, and the few pop/rock pieces it had, were very watered-down versions.

Piano For All, I would however recommend, doesn't get heavy on theory, though it has some, but teaches you what is important to become a good piano player.

Edited by TheodorN (03/04/14 12:01 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenorbass1

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
LAST CALL - Piano Newsletter Ideas!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (88 Fingers Jeff, 36251, ajames, 40 invisible), 1759 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75505 Members
42 Forums
156129 Topics
2292726 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What is the purpose of learning a song's chords?
by Alex1
07/24/14 01:45 PM
Question about Heller
by BostonTeacher
07/24/14 01:03 PM
a solo transcription for Debussy' Petite Suite?
by joonsang
07/24/14 12:03 PM
KAWAI CS7 + VST Instruments
by mmerino
07/24/14 12:02 PM
Halloween Fantasy and Tag! - student level pieces
by Axtremus
07/24/14 09:46 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission