2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (20/20 Vision, clothearednincompo, Colin Miles, bcalvanese, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 8 invisible), 1,944 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Guys, only Grands have the escapement. Does nobody here play the real thing? Escapement lets you play a note after you have already played it without lifting the key all the way back up. Try it!!! Can't do it on a vertical but can on a grand.

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by tnsettlemo
Guys, only Grands have the escapement. Does nobody here play the real thing? Escapement lets you play a note after you have already played it without lifting the key all the way back up. Try it!!! Can't do it on a vertical but can on a grand.

False. You are referring to the "double" escapement. All acoustics have "escapement," which means the hammers disconnect from the key so that they fall away from the string even if you hold the key down.

Also I don't like your tone.

Edit: Bennevis beat me to it. Did you not read his comment?

Last edited by gvfarns; 03/04/14 09:54 PM.
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
Hi vincente87,
I do not know what is experience with the real thing, but:
- on real piano (epecially grands) it is hard to play pp - what I mean, is that you need to have a really good controls over your hands and fingers to play real ppp. Do you know what is silent playing, or silent keys, sorry, do not know the english name for it

- Clavinovas has almost no sustain on the medium and soft (or whatever they are called). Only on bright, the sustain in trebles is ok. But then - all the piano sound too bright and to harsh. For me Yamahas are completely unbalanced in terms of sound. I like the NW keyboard though, it is really good (as opposite to GHS which is heavy muddy and opther sort of these things). Rolands beats them in term of sound, even the clp480 which is dunno why 2 time price of 470 just for a few speakers? I was playing in 480... not impressed at all.
Would take it for free, never would be able to love it.

Try also HP 506.
I do not have personal experience with Kawai,but have with all sort of Rolands and Yamahas, and I find the Yamahas the worst choice.
Also - the display in the 3k$ instrument is exatly the same as in the CLP series 10 years ago. Its a shame and a bit disrespect for the customers and their expectations. This also is telling me - do not buy yamaha. You will not be able to change anything without instruction with your hand. I hate this, while Roland can make beautiful screens since 8 years of even more.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by vicente87
- It's harder to play pianissimo on the ca65 than on the clp470

My experience ist just the opposite, the CA63/93/65/95 are excellent for pianissimo playing. Did someone in the store perhaps muck around with the 'Virtual Technician' settings of the floor demo unit? Make sure that the lower threshold is at the default setting or adjust it to a lower/lowest setting and see whether you like it better.

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
T
T
Sorry, just feeling smart, but not so much anymore.

T
T
Originally Posted by gvfarns
Originally Posted by tnsettlemo

False. You are referring to the "double" escapement. All acoustics have "escapement," which means the hammers disconnect from the key so that they fall away from the string even if you hold the key down.

Also I don't like your tone.

Edit: Bennevis beat me to it. Did you not read his comment?
Sorry, feeling smart, but not so much now!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission