Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
160 registered (ajames, Almaviva, accordeur, 36251, A Guy, 44 invisible), 1608 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#2226139 - 02/05/14 03:49 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: peterws]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Spanish living in UK
haha... one of my personal English tests -after having been living here for over a year and getting used to people NOT speaking the English they WERE supposed to speak wink - was trying to watch "Auf Wiedersehen Pet"; my husband had the DVD collections.

That IS a good mix of British accents! I more or less managed to understand them, but it was impossible to get Oz, really! Only him, not sure why as he had a Geordie accent, didn't he?

I had to use subtitles for the 1st series, then I managed to understand him for the rest.

First time, many years ago, that I managed to have a phone conversation with a Scotsman customer without asking "Pardon? Could you repeat that, please?" I was really pleased with myself... specially considering that other native colleagues still had to ask. But really, it is simply amazing how different people sound, when I first came it took me a while to realise that they were actually speaking English!

Far more different accents than in Spain, and we have plenty accents and several Spanish languages, what you call Spanish is only one of them.

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Your Next Keyboard is at Sweetwater

Click Here

#2226141 - 02/05/14 04:10 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: evamar]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
In fact, you`ll find out that whatever accent you hear, the speaker is the only one who thinks he`s speaking properly. Everybody else speaks incorrectly; but what throws Scots people is this; English accent, and Scottish phrases; turns heads everytime!. Yes. It gets more complicated than you thought!
You do well understanding Geordies. I can`t . .

Edited by peterws (02/05/14 04:11 AM)

""

#2226142 - 02/05/14 04:15 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: peterws]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: peterws
... whatever accent you hear, the speaker is the only one who thinks he`s speaking properly. Everybody else speaks incorrectly...

Same as personal taste... I'm THE ONLY person on Earth that has good taste, of course! grin

#2238885 - 02/28/14 05:55 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Kawai James]
Lakeside Offline

Loc: Beijing China
Hi, James.
I live in Beijing, piano store only see Kawai CA13. CA65 & CA95 have not entered the Chinese market. I can study at the forum over a year. Now, finally going to be determined to buy a CA95. I'm being explored through a friend in Japan to buy my place, and then shipped to China. Do you have any better suggestions for me?
Thank you!

Edited by Lakeside (02/28/14 05:58 AM)

#2238891 - 02/28/14 06:30 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: iceporky]
Kawai James Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Hello Lakeside.

I always recommend that customers purchase from within their own country. May I ask if you have contacted Kawai Shanghai to ask if they have any plans to introduce the CA95 or CA65?

This would be preferable to purchasing from Japan and having the instrument shipped over.

Kind regards,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#2238894 - 02/28/14 06:52 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: evamar]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Originally Posted By: evamar
... whatever accent you hear, the speaker is the only one who thinks he`s speaking properly. Everybody else speaks incorrectly...

Same as personal taste... I'm THE ONLY person on Earth that has good taste, of course! grin

AND you`re the best looking!

""

#2239231 - 02/28/14 08:34 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Kawai James]
Lakeside Offline

Hi James.
I really want to buy a digital piano that I liked in my country. But, unfortunately, seems to include kawai, Yamaha, etc. quality brands of medium and high-end digital pianos have not entered the Chinese mainland market. I have been waiting for two years, has also been discussed with the mainland distributor kawai Parsons too, have not been satisfied with the results. Purchased from abroad are forced upset. Your suggestion "I always recommend that customers purchase from within their own country." I understand very well. However, I really have to cancel the purchase CA95 idea yet? According to your suggestion, I have given Kawai Shanghai sent a Email, but I do not hold any hope.
Thank you for your reply!

#2239283 - 02/28/14 10:26 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Lakeside]
Kawai James Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Hello Lakeside,

Originally Posted By: Lakeside
Your suggestion "I always recommend that customers purchase from within their own country." I understand very well. However, I really have to cancel the purchase CA95 idea yet? According to your suggestion, I have given Kawai Shanghai sent a Email, but I do not hold any hope.

I can appreciate your frustration. However, please understand that - as a Kawai employee - I cannot recommend individuals purchase instruments from outside of their region.

I should also point out that an instrument purchased in Japan and shipped to China, would need to be returned to Japan for any warranty-related support claims.

Kind regards,
James
x

#2239311 - 02/28/14 11:43 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: iceporky]
UberB Offline

Quite a bump. I actually bought a CA95 yesterday and it will be shipped here on Tuesday. Can't wait!

#2239367 - 03/01/14 04:39 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: peterws]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: evamar

AND you`re the best looking!

Well, I AM, according to my yaya (nana), but I think she was a bit biased...

We ALL are the best looking, cleverest and best talented for them, are we not?

#2239368 - 03/01/14 04:41 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: UberB]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: UberB
Quite a bump. I actually bought a CA95 yesterday and it will be shipped here on Tuesday. Can't wait!

Congratulations!!! I had another chance to try a CA95 and really wish my budget could stretch a bit more... maybe in a few years time I'll get what's around then, the soundboard made all the difference!

Send some pics!

#2239831 - 03/01/14 11:37 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Kawai James]
Lakeside Offline

Hi, James.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and admiration for your professionalism. It seems I have to choose between the two results. Or give up CA95, still insist on buying from abroad, and bear the freight, duties, need to return to Japan for technical support prices. I mean, I stick with the CA95, and the responsibility to consider. I took the risk to the quality of products KAWAI company in good standing of the hand, and the consistency of the quality of KAWAI products, wish me luck. In addition, I may pay the price, CA95B Chinese mainland CIF will not exceed $ 5000, I do not know if the price is reasonable.
Thanks again!

Edited by Lakeside (03/01/14 11:45 PM)

#2239848 - 03/02/14 12:09 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Lakeside]
dmd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
I really have to cancel the purchase CA95 idea yet?

Yes, you do !!!!!

Don't even think about purchasing from another country.

You would be setting yourself up for the biggest disappointment of your life.

That would be absolutely foolish.

Something is bound to go wrong and you are the one who is going go feel the pain.

That is too large of an investment to "hope for the best".

Forget it !

Current: ES7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio device, SennHeiser HD555 Phones, Focal CMS 40 Powered Monitors, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq 5

#2239871 - 03/02/14 01:05 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: dmd]
Marcos Daniel Offline

Loc: Punta Alta, Buenos Aires, Arge...
I understand why a distribuitor may prefer not to have stock of a certain digital piano in his market, perhaps because of the risk that no one would buy that model.
But why can't they import a model if the customer pays before?
There should be some kind of paid pre-order, (I don't know how to explain it in English, well, I would not be able to give a name in Spanish, but I hope the idea is understood) so everyone in different countries could buy freely the model they want. I've seen here that the problem is not restricted to undeveloped countries like mine, for instance I've read here that Australians can't buy the VPC, don't know if mp11 will go to them...

#2239881 - 03/02/14 01:38 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: iceporky]
Kawai James Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Marcos, I believe there are some situations whereby the dealer/distributor is able to special order a single instrument that has been pre-paid by the customer.

However, certain countries also have strict electronics/safety standard checks that preclude an instrument from being imported without certification, and very high import taxes. As such, it can be very difficult for a distributor to justify introducing an expensive model that may not sell in sufficient numbers to offset these additional costs.

Regarding Kawai Australia, while the VPC1 has not been introduced into this market, I'm almost certain that the MP11 will be available in the future.

Kind regards,
James
x

#2239952 - 03/02/14 06:19 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: dmd]
Lakeside Offline

Originally Posted By: dmd
I really have to cancel the purchase CA95 idea yet?

Yes, you do !!!!!

Don't even think about purchasing from another country.

You would be setting yourself up for the biggest disappointment of your life.

That would be absolutely foolish.

Something is bound to go wrong and you are the one who is going go feel the pain.

That is too large of an investment to "hope for the best".

Forget it !

So, I can only choose to CA15. This is the Chinese market to buy the highest model KAWAI DP.

Edited by Lakeside (03/02/14 06:27 AM)

#2240014 - 03/02/14 09:52 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Kawai James]
Marcos Daniel Offline

James thank you very much for clarifying those points, specially the one about electronics certification, I'll try to believe that this point is the main trouble, because here taxes are automatically transferred into the price of what you buy, and I think it is this way around the world.
For instance in Argentina if I don't remember wrongly I believe that there is a 70% of taxes (50% importation tax + 21% VAT), those calculated not on the product price, but on product + shipment. And there is a oficial policy to protect local industry against asian industries (I've not seen an argentinian DP in my life) that make electronic difficult to import, plus currency exchange strict controls, etc. etc. etc., so you can get an ES7 here for U$S 3500-4000.
Anyway the only person that cares about this kind of question is you James, I've send mails before that remain unanswered.
Man, Kawai should have clones of yours around the world!

#2240390 - 03/02/14 08:04 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: iceporky]
Kawai James Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Hi Marcos, thank you for post, and for your kind words. wink

I'll pass on your comments to one of my good colleagues here responsible for the South American market.

Originally Posted By: Marcos Daniel
Man, Kawai should have clones of yours around the world!

I think most people in this company would agree that one James is quite enough. wink

Kind regards,
James
x

#2240429 - 03/02/14 09:42 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Kawai James]
Marcos Daniel Offline

You're welcome James!
I think that the main point with Kawai in Argentina is that the official dealer is a traditional piano store with more than a century of story (they also represent Steinway & Sons), they're without any doubt the best here if we speak of accoustic pianos sales, tuning, repairing, restoration etc., may be I am wrong but it seems to be that communication by internet is not their strong point.
I remember other person who said that some doubts about MP6 were no answered by them, it seems to me that they're not experts on DPs.

Anyway I must say that they are very kind by phone or at their store.

#2240445 - 03/02/14 10:15 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Marcos Daniel]
doremi Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Marcos Daniel
...And there is a oficial policy to protect local industry against asian industries (I've not seen an argentinian DP in my life)...

That sounds like protecting Yetis in Argentina.
I am all for it, they are lovely grin

#2240447 - 03/02/14 10:17 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: Kawai James]
Lakeside Offline

Originally Posted By: Kawai James

I'll pass on your comments to one of my good colleagues here responsible for the South American market.

I really hope Kawai company responsible for the Asian market (especially China) Mr. (Ms.), capable of understanding and attention to these opinions.

In China, learning the piano very large number of people, which is about more than 20 million, of which a very large number of piano price at about $ 3300 (about not more than RMB 20000). Also, the living conditions of the majority of people can not guarantee the piano without harassment neighbors. For example, my piano teacher had a dispute with a neighbor that end.

In fact, compared to the same price of an acoustic piano, CA65 such DP, sound finger touch, pedal feel completely over the quality of most of the vertical acoustic piano. Not only that, it do not care about the effects of temperature and humidity, can not harass neighbors and family, there are many acoustic piano incomparable results. If the production of musical instruments in China, the price is quite acceptable, the market can be said to be promising ah!

Edited by Lakeside (03/02/14 10:22 PM)

#2241643 - 03/05/14 12:49 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: iceporky]
derek_900 Offline

I have recently purchased a Kawai CA95 and am a little disappointed hence I am asking what other people think.

The main issue for me is the sound. I have to increase the slider volume to almost its maximum to get what I think is a reasonable sound from the CA95; after all the speakers are 45 watts. I would have thought that this instrument should really be big in sound. Also I have noticed that the E and G in the treble section sound flat. This is not always the case, sometimes it's OK.

When I use the headphones all is great and a truly wonderful sound.

Has any one got any opinions or advice. I have sent an email to Kawai and await a response.

#2241649 - 03/05/14 12:58 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: derek_900]
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member

I read somewhere -maybe even here!- that they recommend to put the CA95 against a corner (not against a wall), so that you'll get the best from the soundboard.

Strange about the funny keys, especially if is not constant. Maybe they'll sound better with the above solution or you can try the virtual assistant? Have you updated the version? Kawai James left some link, I'll have a look for you and will edit if I find it.

Keep us informed, a member of my family is seriously considering buying this model after trying my CA65!

Edited by evamar (03/05/14 01:03 PM)

#2241720 - 03/05/14 02:55 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: derek_900]
ando Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: derek_900
I have recently purchased a Kawai CA95 and am a little disappointed hence I am asking what other people think.

The main issue for me is the sound. I have to increase the slider volume to almost its maximum to get what I think is a reasonable sound from the CA95; after all the speakers are 45 watts. I would have thought that this instrument should really be big in sound. Also I have noticed that the E and G in the treble section sound flat. This is not always the case, sometimes it's OK.

When I use the headphones all is great and a truly wonderful sound.

Has any one got any opinions or advice. I have sent an email to Kawai and await a response.

Something is definitely wrong there. The CA95 is very loud if turned to maximum - far louder than an acoustic. It should be blowing your head off at that level. I think I had the volume at about 2/3 to get a similar level to a big grand piano. About half to be as loud as an upright.

#2241761 - 03/05/14 03:52 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: ando]
derek_900 Offline

Thank you for the guidance; it is very useful and is exactly what I was thinking. I am waiting for Kawai to get back to me.

#2241857 - 03/05/14 07:10 PM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: iceporky]
Kawai James Offline
9000 Post Club Member

As others have noted, the CA95's speaker system is quite powerful - at maximum volume the instrument will be very loud.

My recommendation would be to raise this matter with the dealer from whom the instrument was purchased. You may also wish to visit the dealer's store to compare the sound of your CA95 with the same model in their showroom.

Kind regards,
James
x

#2242073 - 03/06/14 07:44 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: iceporky]
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
1) perform a factory reset - so all mistakes with EQ settings are cancelled out
2) check if in Menu- Basic settings - setting 4 - speaker volume is set to 'normal'
3) while playing a piano demo , listen carefully at each speaker and behind the soundboard to determine if they sound right, or sound at all. A cable could have gotten loose during transport (easy fix).

Hope this helps. My CA95 is more than loud enough. Unless your living in a castle with grand ballroom (and even then).

#2257031 - 04/05/14 04:22 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: iceporky]
derek_900 Offline

Hi All,

Have been back to the dealer who has been very helpful. We shipped in another CA95 to compare with mine. I must admit it seemed very similar in volume so OK on this aspect.
I have been back to the shop several times and they are always very helpful. The odd thing is that I still have issues with key sounds D7 down to F6 including the sharps. These keys sound clunky and if I still had an acoustic piano I would say it was out of tune. The guy form the shop seems to think that they sound OK, but I think there is a definite lack of tone and brightness with these keys. I have tried factory reset and other adjustments but cannot get it to the point where they perform in unison with the other key, especially when playing a scale or music which requires single notes in the right hand (hope that makes sense). The other night I was playing and got a really bad resonance in the bass. I had to switch off and then it seem to cure itself. I must admit I think I am regretting getting rid of my acoustic piano. Unless I can get these issues revolve the CA95 has not lived up to my expectations.
I have notice other people posting about firmware updates, so I am not sure if my problem could be fixed by something similar.

#2257089 - 04/05/14 09:22 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: derek_900]
lolatu Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
Have been back to the dealer who has been very helpful. We shipped in another CA95 to compare with mine. I must admit it seemed very similar in volume so OK on this aspect.

My observations on the volume are the same as Ando's. Maybe there's something wrong with your electricity supply, so not enough power is getting through?

Quote:
I have been back to the shop several times and they are always very helpful. The odd thing is that I still have issues with key sounds D7 down to F6 including the sharps. These keys sound clunky and if I still had an acoustic piano I would say it was out of tune. The guy form the shop seems to think that they sound OK, but I think there is a definite lack of tone and brightness with these keys. I have tried factory reset and other adjustments but cannot get it to the point where they perform in unison with the other key, especially when playing a scale or music which requires single notes in the right hand (hope that makes sense).

I think I know what you're referring to. Whenever I play bar 15 in Chopin's Nocturne in C# minor No 20, the con forza run starting on C#7 going down to F#6 sounds very "plinky" and the notes have very little sustain or resonance. It contrasts the the bigger sound I get with my Roland or on Pianoteq. I just assumed this is how a Kawai grand sounds.

Quote:
The other night I was playing and got a really bad resonance in the bass. I had to switch off and then it seem to cure itself.

I haven't experienced anything like that. Is it due to the acoustics of your room? You can adjust the volume on single notes using the Virtual Technician if this is the case. However, then you'll find those notes are too quiet when using headphones. The "solution" is to store the different settings in a Registration.

Unfortunately, the CA95's Registrations are totally dysfunctional. When you load your registration that contains your volume tweaks, you can now no longer select a different piano sound, change the touch, change any of the Basic or MIDI settings, or fine tune the note volumes while you have that registration selected! shocked You can save the volume tweaks to your User Settings, but then you will have the same problem when you try to use headphones.

Quote:
I have notice other people posting about firmware updates, so I am not sure if my problem could be fixed by something similar.

I doubt the samples will get updated in a firmware update. I remain hopeful about other areas being fixed. cool

#2257092 - 04/05/14 09:30 AM Re: My Kawai CA95 has arrived! [Re: derek_900]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Hi All,

I have been back to the shop several times and they are always very helpful. The odd thing is that I still have issues with key sounds D7 down to F6 including the sharps. These keys sound clunky and if I still had an acoustic piano I would say it was out of tune. The guy form the shop seems to think that they sound OK, but I think there is a definite lack of tone and brightness with these keys. I have tried factory reset and other adjustments but cannot get it to the point where they perform in unison with the other key, especially when playing a scale or music which requires single notes in the right hand (hope that makes sense). The other night I was playing and got a really bad resonance in the bass. I had to switch off and then it seem to cure itself. I must admit I think I am regretting getting rid of my acoustic piano. Unless I can get these issues revolve the CA95 has not lived up to my expectations.

Are you just using the factory preset? It's my understanding that the CA95 has a lot of ways you can adjust the sounds, even down to the specific keys. Try updating to the latest version first, then look into what options you have for adjustment.

I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been addressed, but do you hear the same thing on headphones, or just out of the on-board speakers? It may be an acoustic issue in the room that needs to be addressed.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A new clip of the great Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
12/18/14 01:41 PM
A new clip of the great Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
12/18/14 01:38 PM
Digital piano Actions MP11,RD-800,CP4
by oliver123456
12/18/14 01:26 PM
Baldwin Howard Piano
by Deegs23
12/18/14 01:24 PM
Don't you just love.....
by D7K
12/18/14 01:23 PM
Forum Stats
77340 Members
42 Forums
159956 Topics
2349087 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission