Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
109 registered (accordeur, A Guy, Anita Potter, anotherscott, Anne'sson, Alkanaut, 30 invisible), 1421 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2213263 - 01/12/14 07:31 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Loc: England, South East
shocked I need to get a move on

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#2213932 - 01/13/14 10:57 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
musdan - I'm sorry that you don't come to our EPP, in Lisbon. But we're planning to do a party every year in a different country, so perhaps we'll meet in another one.

Frank - Oh, you are so kind smile I'll send my address. Thanks in advance!
Really? Do you know what is "Chouriço"? There are dozens of types of chouriços, and it's very, very good. If it weren't the rules of food shipments to the U.S., I could send some chouriços for you by postal...
And, it's very nice to know that you have a connection with Portugal. thumb One more reason to visit my country!

PaperClip - the appartment is gorgeous! I can recognize the zone, and it's good, very good.

Again, send me a PM about any question you have. I'm here to help.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2213944 - 01/13/14 11:28 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 [Re: CarlosCC]
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
Carlos,

I know about Chourico (which I first pronounced exactly as it was written Chore-eek-o:-), then I found it
was pronounced like Shareese, at least here in the States.

My daughter's Godfather, Frank Moniz first introduced me to it mixed with eggs for breakfast.
He cooked his chourico in a little beer. Roger Paschal, the then co-owner of the car dealership I worked for also introduced me to his version. All good!
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
Invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield let's get together!

#2214346 - 01/14/14 06:01 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi all,
I think it's a good time to book airline tickets and hotels. Do not forget that the prices are lower now.

Notice: For those who expressed interest but have not yet given a definitive "yes": for organizational purposes it is important to confirm your attendance as soon as possible. Thanks.

Just to remember the pianist list:

NOTICE:
Put this thread in your "Watched topics" list. Don't miss any update of our EPP2014.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2214643 - 01/14/14 03:10 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
torquenale Offline

Loc: Italy
So it's really time to decide! During last weekend we (my husband and I) started looking for flights. Fingers crossed, we should participate. smile
But Carlos, wait until we buy the tickets to put me in the confirmed list. It could take another couple of weeks, I think. We have to decide how long we will stay in Portugal, probably a couple of days in Lisbon before EPP and then 7-10 days in Algarve because the children love seaside holidays and last year we gave them something different.

#2215660 - 01/16/14 11:06 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
Cheryl, do you want to tell us what hotel you've booked at? I think it would be nice if I could be at the same one?

Edited by Saranoya (01/16/14 11:06 AM)

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmüller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19, 25
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmüller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2215708 - 01/16/14 12:56 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

#2216043 - 01/17/14 05:23 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
MrPozor Offline

Loc: near Paris, France
Hi all,

Even though I would have loved to join you all in Lisbon, I can unfortunately not do so since my girlfriend and I are expecting our first child to be born just about that time!

So you can remove my option from the list.

I wish you all a very good party. If the first EPP was any indication it will be a lot of fun and a very interesting experience for everyone.

MrPozor

Equipment: Petrof 118 L1

#2216045 - 01/17/14 06:02 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Saranoya - I'll check Cheryl's hotel list this weekend, to study the best option (mainly location) for you. (Did you see my PM?)

MrPozor - CONGRATULATONS!!!! This is wonderful news! I wish all the best for your whole family, and special for your baby!!
Maybe you guys can join us in another EPP thumb

NOTICE:
Put this thread in your "Watched topics" list. Don't miss any update of our EPP2014.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2216059 - 01/17/14 07:13 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Mr Pozor.... well, what a wonderful reason for not joining us in Lisbon! Congratulations!

#2216192 - 01/17/14 12:12 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Congratulations, Mr Pozor

#2216198 - 01/17/14 12:21 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: UKIkarus]
musdan Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Best wishes Mr. Pozor for a happy, healthy baby. smile

#2216270 - 01/17/14 02:54 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
torquenale Offline

Great news MrPozor!

Best wishes to your family!

#2216562 - 01/18/14 08:43 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
Back to the hotel question: If I understood the last posts on the subject correctly, everybody is looking for hotels themselves; no central hotel for all or most EPP attendants.

I have a Club Accor membership card, so I will probably look for ibis hotels. The one in Brussels was ok.

#2216598 - 01/18/14 09:51 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: patH]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: patH
Back to the hotel question: If I understood the last posts on the subject correctly, everybody is looking for hotels themselves; no central hotel for all or most EPP attendants.

I have a Club Accor membership card, so I will probably look for ibis hotels. The one in Brussels was ok.

That's right PatH. We are looking individually. I posted the places we're checking out now a few post above this one, after Saranoya asked. We haven't settled definitively yet.

Which day are you arriving?

#2216760 - 01/18/14 04:11 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: casinitaly]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Which day are you arriving?

Friday afternoon.

#2216869 - 01/18/14 08:12 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Hi all,

I just wait for the first people to book the hotel. January is an expensive month for me, so I book the hotel probably end february or march. To me it looks more fun to stay in the same hotel, so I might book into one when someone pick one already and that hotel seems nice to me.

I do have a little preference for the Tivoli hotel Oriente though, because it is perfectly located near the subway, parque das nacoes and it is a low end 5 star luxury hotel for about 130 euro per night, which I think is quite cheap for a 5 star hotel.

I also have a little preference for an private appartment, which is not expensive at all, range from 30 to 100 euro per day, because it looks fun to me to have a kitchen so I can cook whenever I want to (like that chorizo in beer with eggs) smile and maybe have a garden to sit outside, but mostly because a private appartment is located in a residental area, which is more quiet than an hotel at A location. And I think I need a bit quiteness after a day listening to piano.

So I don't know yet, heh. Just wait where others will stay.

@MrProzor, congrats with little prozor growing in belly. smile

Playing since May 02 2009

#2217163 - 01/19/14 02:12 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: PaperClip]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: PaperClip
(...)I do have a little preference for the Tivoli hotel Oriente though, because it is perfectly located near the subway, parque das nacoes and it is a low end 5 star luxury hotel for about 130 euro per night, which I think is quite cheap for a 5 star hotel.(..)

Because some of you are looking for a hotel, here is my opinion about some of them (based on a EPP pianist's short list)
I will only consider the location, transportation and proximity of points of interest in Lisbon. I will not comment on the price, or hotel type or "architecture". These are personal things.

Monte Belverde
[-] The main negative point is the location;
[-] You may choose a TAXI as the best and fastest option to travel form/to there;
[-] It's in a hill (Lisbon has 7 hills, btw) so pay attention to this when you talk about "walking tours";
[-] There is no subway (metro) station near the hotel.
[-] It's not too close to the historical city or commercial areas.
[+] It has a nice view over the Tejo River.
[+] Inside one of oldest areas of Lisbon;
[?] I'm not sure if this a quiet street... I think there are some bars and nightclubs in the area.

Tiara Park Atlantic Lisbon
[+] Good location. Not in a hill smile
[+] Near the center (Marques de Pombal;
[+] There is a metro station, bus, taxis near the hotel;
[+] Near some tourist bus (Marques de Pombal);
[+] Best commercial area in Lisbon;
[+] Good to walking tours;

Orange3House
[?] I don't know if Orange3House is a hotel... You may not have hotel services there;
[-] North hill of Monte Belverde hotel - same zone
[-] No subway station near this area. Only bus and taxis.
[+] It's near the "Bairro Alto" zone with lots of restaurants, bars, and nightclubs;
[-] It's not a quiet zone. Lot's of noise during sleep hours;

Tivoli Hotel Oriente
[+] I am customer of hotel Tivoli, in Algarve and Madeira island smile
[+] Good location, nice view over Tejo River;
[+] Inside "new" side of Lisbon (Oriente = East). All the zone has new buildings and streets;
[+] Near transportation for everywhere. Tourist bus included. Near the airport;
[+] It has a shopping center 1 minute away;
[+] Good restaurants and bars in the area;
[-] It is not close to the historic center.

PS: Ask me before booking a hotel. There are details that don't "appear" on the internet...

NOTICE:

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2217676 - 01/20/14 01:51 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Ok, after more searching and further consultation with Carlos smile

a few of us who are staying several days are booking here - it is in a good location and has good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Hotel Lisboa Plaza!

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g...ra.html#REVIEWS

http://www.heritage.pt/heritage-lisbon-hotels/hotel-lisboa-plaza/gallery#

Casinitaly + the Mr.
SwissMS + the Mr.
Saranoya

edited to add: I've asked if they will offer any discounts to a smallgGroup. Let's see what they say.

Edited by casinitaly (01/20/14 02:11 PM)

#2217705 - 01/20/14 02:45 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: casinitaly]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
I just finished booking my hotel (Hotel Lisboa Plaza) and my flight. Now I am really excited! See you all in Lisbon!!

Congratulations, Mr Pozor! Best wishes for a healthy, happy baby!

Working on ABRSM Grade 6
European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#2217741 - 01/20/14 04:09 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi,

Nice to see you've picked a hotel. Great choice!

I've booked an hotel close to the Hotel Lisboa Plaza and share the same metrostation. It's a little cheaper and the furniture is a bit newer, but also at walking distance from Lisboa Plaza. I'm waiting for an opinion from Carlos before confirming the reservation. It's hotel Lisboa from NH Hotelles.

#2217766 - 01/20/14 05:19 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Chris - that's great!

#2218189 - 01/21/14 12:46 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
torquenale Offline

Today we booked the flight! smile
Carlos, now you can put me (+3) in the confirmed list.

#2218340 - 01/21/14 04:54 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

+3?

Thanks for sharing hotel locations folks it'll help when it comes time to choose myself.

#2218343 - 01/21/14 04:57 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

UKIkarus the +3 = husband and kids smile

Lovely to see things all coming together these past few days.

I just had the pleasure of a Skype chat with Carlos!

#2218575 - 01/22/14 01:37 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Ok, I confirmed the reservation.

Now I only need a tune, haha. grin

#2218604 - 01/22/14 05:11 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hello everybody!
Yes skype is wonderful, and I also talked to Torquenale! It was a very pleasant evening thumb

I am always glad when I do an update of this list:

If you need help with anything send me a message.

NOTICE:

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2218884 - 01/22/14 03:23 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: casinitaly]
torquenale Offline

Originally Posted By: casinitaly
UKIkarus the +3 = husband and kids smile

Thanks Cheryl!

I hope in a few days we are able to book the hotel (first, we have to decide which one).

#2218893 - 01/22/14 03:35 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Hopefully in a few days I'll be sorting the passport + medical card smile

I figured it may have been related to family, but wasn't too sure... seems a few people will be turning up.

#2222315 - 01/29/14 05:08 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 LISBON [Re: CarlosCC]
Nikolas Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Europe
UKIkarus: Do you need a passport to travel to Europe? Cause I've been going back and forth around Europe with just my ID Card?!?!?

Anyhow, as Cheryl knows, I don't have an update yet, since my family is a bit of a mess at the moment (concerning our whereabouts... nothing too serious. Don't worry).

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Trill technique question
by pianolearnerstride
12/19/14 10:19 PM
Anyone use a seat cushion?
by DeadPoets
12/19/14 08:48 PM
Lester Betsy Ross Spinet- worth?
by cobalt60
12/19/14 08:22 PM
How deep into the tuning hammer should pin go?
by JoeThePro
12/19/14 07:37 PM
The friction, blubbering, and lost motion are eradicated!
by music32
12/19/14 07:15 PM
Forum Stats
77362 Members
42 Forums
160004 Topics
2349655 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission