2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,220 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ThePianoGirl
Originally Posted by Swarth
We tend to protect the turf here as attempts to breach it's serenity occur often wink . Welcome to Piano World, and back to the piano, almost. I would encourage you to find a real piano. An old upright will be fine for now considering your circumstances (no income) and you should be able to get a playable one for perhaps free(it happens all the time, really) or a nice one for the same price as the Yamaha. Best of luck in your journey!
Thank you. I'll look into it. The only thing about the Yamaha, would be that it doesn't take up as much space as an upright, and it doesn't require tuning.

Thats the thing. If it sounds good enough and has the feel of a piano and its only for home use then its good enough!
Im in the same boat as you, though my keyboard is even older than yours!
Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by LarryShone; 03/10/14 04:33 AM.

If the piano is the King of instruments then I am its loyal servant.
My blog:
https://mymusictree.blogspot.com/

Currently on Barratt Classic Piano Course book 1
Casio AP450

My Facebook Piano Group
OP Offline
Originally Posted by LarryShone
Originally Posted by Swarth
We tend to protect the turf here as attempts to breach it's serenity occur often wink . Welcome to Piano World, and back to the piano, almost. I would encourage you to find a real piano. An old upright will be fine for now considering your circumstances (no income) and you should be able to get a playable one for perhaps free(it happens all the time, really) or a nice one for the same price as the Yamaha. Best of luck in your journey!
Thank you. I'll look into it. The only thing about the Yamaha, would be that it doesn't take up as much space as an upright, and it doesn't require tuning.

Thats the thing. If it sounds good enough and has the feel of a piano and its only for home use then its good enough!
Im in the same boat as you, though my keyboard is even older than yours!
Welcome to the forum!
Nice to meet you. smile

Congrats on using your down time on reacquainting yourself with piano. I for one didn't get the impression about advertising. I am sure the piano guys are beyond covert references to their influences on this forum. Smh...

Welcome! I entered the piano world forum has been two years. Here really good, for me, there are many useful harvest. I did not realize that the suspect "advertising" (My English is not good enough, the sensitivity will be relatively low). I am a real piano beginners, after retirement began to find a good piano teacher, started learning, has 17 months. I have frequented are: piano forums, digital piano forum, beginners forum. Occasionally to look elsewhere, I think pianoworld is the best.

For digital piano, I do not have many experiences. I have tried Kawai CA13, but the sound did not reach to touch and meet my needs. Now, I put their hopes on the CA95. Of course, since I have no access to a lot of digital piano, so my conclusion reference pianoworld posts are obtained. I hope you are here to get the information you want.
Best regards!

Shigeru Kawai SK-3
Kawai CA95(In Haikou City)
J
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
J
The only thing about the Yamaha, would be that it doesn't take up as much space as an upright, and it doesn't require tuning.

One more really important thing: You can use it with headphones. That way you won't wake up the baby or drive your husband nuts with scales and drills. Even if you get a real piano, it's worth keeping the digital (or even getting a better one) just for that.

-- J.S.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission