2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 1,953 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 80 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 79 80
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I hope that discount Yeti comes to Canada too.

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
toddy #2245602 03/12/14 09:13 PM
A
A
Hey, that sounds like a really good price. I'm really pleased you're getting a good deal on the MP7. Often, if I'm not mistaken, it seems like you pay a lot more in Aus than in Europe or the US. But this looks a very good deal. Good luck with the MP7, anyway. [/quote]

Thanks Toddy. We have in the past paid more in Australia but our friends at Kawai Australia have been lobbying to even up things a bit & it appears to be making a difference!

Thank you Kawai James. I will certainly let you know how it compares. From what I can tell most of the things I loved about the other MP's will still be there. I love the zones & setups and the fact the button to switch the zones on, are below the volume sliders and easily accessible to your left hand. I noticed on the RD 800 they still have them above the sliders which amazed me. It is those little things that make it much more user friendly.
I did offer my services in December last year to take a prototype on the road for a test run but unfortunately my services were not required for this! Maybe next time there is a new model??

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Alleycat6315
I work at a piano retailer in country Victoria (Australia)...... Any of the Australian guys passing through who would like to have a try after it arrives would be most welcome...

Might help if we knew where we are passing through... wink

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
EU / NL price € 1490 incl Tax. Estimated delivery beginning of april. I think I want one, just wait till Musik Messes is over and all products have been announced. New Kurzweil seems promising too, but keys are ...mwah...and pricing will be at least twice as high as the MP7.

ando #2245904 03/13/14 11:50 AM
A
A
Good point Ando. Wangaratta Victoria. :-)

P
P

One time MP6 owner here. I would still be an owner If I had'nt got a bit tired of the acoustic piano sound - so the
new improved MP looks to have enough refinements to make me
take another look. An its quite a looker itself - very sleek!

It looks like you are now able to save a diferent touch setting to each registration YAY!!!( James - can you confirm this!)and not have to rely on the offset or 'Dynamics'setting which was not usefull for me.

Touch is now part of the Virtual Technician so I'm guessing its now not Global.

Also noticed that the MP7 has the same lid or 'Topboard' parameter as the MP11 but NOT the 'Briteness' control.
So not identical, sonicaly with the MP11?

Or am I nitpicking here?

puff #2246256 03/13/14 10:53 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Originally Posted by puff
It looks like you are now able to save a diferent touch setting to each registration YAY!!!( James - can you confirm this!)and not have to rely on the offset or 'Dynamics'setting which was not usefull for me.

Correct. wink

Originally Posted by puff
Also noticed that the MP7 has the same lid or 'Topboard' parameter as the MP11 but NOT the 'Briteness' control.
So not identical, sonicaly with the MP11?

No, the MP7 does not include the 'Brilliance' Virtual Technician parameter.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
That is interesting. I really like having the brilliance setting although it should be easy enough to program and store in either the MP7 or MP11.

I had a little communication with Kawai US about where I'm at with trying to choose a keyboard. I asked about availability: MP11 is out of stock until June, MP7 will be 'available soon'.

I feel like I am leaning toward the MP11 but maybe the MP7 if find the wooden keys heavy after extended use. it's a tough call - MP7 will have a better price point, MP11 has the wooden keys, MP7 might have a few more sounds, MP11 has a little more piano tuning options.

The rep also said functionally the MP7 and MP11 are very similar in performance - which is what I had expected - basically the 'zones' and 'sections' function in a similar fashion. I kind of like the 'zones' feature as you can call them whatever you want as opposed to pre-determined e-piano, etc.

M
M
Originally Posted by Joe Garfield
That is interesting. I really like having the brilliance setting although it should be easy enough to program and store in either the MP7 or MP11.

I had a little communication with Kawai US about where I'm at with trying to choose a keyboard. I asked about availability: MP11 is out of stock until June, MP7 will be 'available soon'.

I feel like I am leaning toward the MP11 but maybe the MP7 if find the wooden keys heavy after extended use. it's a tough call - MP7 will have a better price point, MP11 has the wooden keys, MP7 might have a few more sounds, MP11 has a little more piano tuning options.

The rep also said functionally the MP7 and MP11 are very similar in performance - which is what I had expected - basically the 'zones' and 'sections' function in a similar fashion. I kind of like the 'zones' feature as you can call them whatever you want as opposed to pre-determined e-piano, etc.

What would you be using the piano for mainly?

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Morodiene, thanks for asking. I am happy to run this past a piano teacher smile

Right now my focus is learning piano - I've have been taking lessons and theory at the local music conservatory.

In the future I'd like to play out and mess with styles and rhythms and electronic music, but right now that is not my priority.

I am a little picky and want the best sound and touch I can afford so my options are MP7, MP11, CA65.

The local piano dealer said MP7 would 'be more than I bargained for' and is really geared toward stage use. Kawai rep said just turning the instrument on and playing gives me the touch and tone I'm looking for, and that the MP11 is closest to the CA-65 except for looks.

The CA-65 is an option but a financial stretch (would have to be without an instrument for a few months probably). Obviously it eliminates portability but lends itself to piano focus.

It's hard for me not to be long winded about this stuff but I hope this helps. smile

Last edited by Joe Garfield; 03/14/14 04:57 PM.
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
If you want the best keys and don't have to move the DP around go for the GF action. When the CA65 is too expensive and the MP11 within your financial range; take the MP11. Simply better action than MP7 and you don't seem to use the added features of the MP7 in the first place anyway.

GF = noticebly better than RH-II 'piano-wise'. But RH-II is portable whilst GF is not (at most 'transportable' with the MP11).

Indeed...MP11 seems best match in your case.

M
M
Morodiene, thanks for asking. I am happy to run this past a piano teacher smile

Right now my focus is learning piano - I've have been taking lessons and theory at the local music conservatory.

In the future I'd like to play out and mess with styles and rhythms and electronic music, but right now that is not my priority.

I am a little picky and want the best sound and touch I can afford so my options are MP7, MP11, CA65.

The local piano dealer said MP7 would 'be more than I bargained for' and is really geared toward stage use. Kawai rep said just turning the instrument on and playing gives me the touch and tone I'm looking for, and that the MP11 is closest to the CA-65 except for looks.

The CA-65 is an option but a financial stretch (would have to be without an instrument for a few months probably). Obviously it eliminates portability but lends itself to piano focus.

It's hard for me not to be long winded about this stuff but I hope this helps. smile

Well, at this price point you are going to find pianos that do a lot of things that you don't necessarily need, but also they will contain the qualities that you do need.

Since electronic music is not a priority and VSTis are pretty popular, you may want to go with the MP11. I have a synth already for other sounds as well as VSTs so I didn't need a piano with a huge sound bank, but I wanted top notch feel and piano sound. That's why I went with the MP11 rather than the MP7. If I wanted something perhaps a bit of a combination piano/keyboard, the MP7 seems to be a great compromise there. Of course the CA65 you get the nice cabinet and on-board speakers, but that price tag can be a bit much if the looks aren't all that important to you.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
JFP and Morodiene, thank you. I will aim for the MP11, or CA65.

M
M
JFP and Morodiene, thank you. I will aim for the MP11, or CA65.

Awesome! Let us know what you got and what you think! I'm especially curious if you get the MP11 what your thoughts are. I'm knee-deep in an opera right now, otherwise I'd be fiddling with mine since my return home. I am itching to mess around with it!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
I will, but it will be a while. Kawai said the MP11's are out of stock until June and it might be that long before I have $$$ for the CA65, but we'll see. There is an MP10 waiting for me to try next week.

P
P
Of the 8 banks of sounds in the MP7 (I'm comparing to the MP6 sound list)the Synth and Drawbar organ banks now have new names
added but all other banks have retained the same names and heirachy as in the MP6 list.
The synth section is totally different so there's no re-cycling of old sounds going on and we know the Drawbar sounds are new - it realy shows in the demos.
Id like to know if the main Rhodes sounds and the wurltizer are new samples or just the old ones - now re-procesed.
Wondering they'll be up to snuff with those in my Yammy CP5?

I think there's only one on this forum able to answer this. wink

T
T
The MP7 vs Roland RD800 competition is on!
Is there anyone out there who's familiar with both actions? Would love to hear some comments

Roland RD800, EV ZXA-1.
D
D
The Mp7 is 1485 euro on thomann, is this to good to be true:) The cp4 is 1999 euro and rd800 20268 euro.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
10x RD800 would be 20268€
:))

D
D
smile

Page 5 of 80 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 79 80

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission