Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
143 registered (amadeus90, 36251, anamnesis, accordeur, 40 invisible), 1357 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2248307 - 03/18/14 10:51 AM HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
We are frequently asked how to post pictures on the forums.

PLEASE NOTE: We Prefer to Host a Copy of Your Pictures on our Servers!
We've found whenever someone links to pictures they have stored on another service they will inevitably become broken links at some point. Your pictures are still yours, you still own them. We just don't want our members/guests getting broken image links, so PLEASE upload a copy to our servers.

One method is a picture uploader we have, but it is a little bit clunky and takes a while if you have multiple pictures.

I've decided it's time to direct people to use the Piano Photo Gallery first
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/42/1/Piano_Photo_Gallery_-_Pictures.html
The tools in this forum/gallery were designed specifically for uploading pictures to the forums.

You can easily upload multiple pictures, assign captions, create a "subject/theme", and share the pictures in your posts.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTING PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS
NOTE: The Instructions below are based upon you being in the Piano Photo Gallery.
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/42/1/Piano_Photo_Gallery_-_Pictures.html
You may find it easier to open the above link in a new window or tab so you can go back and forth between the instructions and the actual implementation in the gallery, or print out the instructions.
  1. Click - New Image
  2. In the Subject box, give your Picture(s) a Subject/Title
    Description Box is for describing what your pictures are about, where they came from, etc. (optional)
  3. Next to the "Post Options" is a link that says ,"Image Manager" (Total Files: 0) (see red arrow above). This is where the actual magic of uploading your pictures takes place.
    Click the Image Manager link.
  4. You should see a box pop up that looks like the one below.

In the large text box you can enter a caption for your picture (optional). Then, CLICK "Browse" to navigate to where the picture is on your computer. When you find the file you want, click on it, then click Add File.
    You can keep adding pictures by repeatedly clicking Browse, navigating to the next image, and clicking Add File.

When you have added all the pictures you want, click Done Adding Files.
  5. The last step is to click the Submit button

You will now have your pictures posted in our Piano Picture Gallery.

Notice that each picture has three links under it, for Thumbnail, Medium, and Full.

Use the "Medium" link to pull the picture into your post(s). You can also direct people to your "gallery" where they can choose to see the bigger picture, so to speak.
This allows you to post a fairly large, high quality picture that people can choose to see if they want, but also provides a small or medium picture which is much better for posting in a thread (so it doesn't blow out the page).

I've also set up a Gallery post with instructions here:
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/galleries/224

It is where the pictures used in this post come from.

If you use the photo gallery you can keep adding pictures to it without needing to start another upload thread.

That's how I keep adding to this one http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/galleries/2374255/In_the_News.html

I just click edit, then image manager and add more pictures.

Please NOTE that we can also set up additional galleries with specific themes (like Unusual Pianos, Historic Instruments, etc.)if we decide it's worthwhile.

Edited by Piano World (04/27/16 05:06 PM)
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
Invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield let's get together!

(ad 800) Pearl River
Pearl River the world's best selling piano
#2508438 - 02/08/16 11:24 AM Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS [Re: Piano World]
Sean T. Preston Offline

Loc: United States
Ok dokey.

#2508598 - 02/08/16 10:37 PM Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS [Re: Piano World]
Norbert Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
It used to be easy but now it doesn't seem to take JPEG files.
Obviously needing to convert to .jpg but not sure how to do..

Norbert blush
Brodmann 780-405-8908

#2508673 - 02/09/16 08:11 AM Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS [Re: Piano World]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By Norbert

Norbert blush

I hope the picture upload process works for others, but it hasn't worked for me in months. It used to work well. Follow the prompts, browse the PC, upload the pic/file and get an email from PW with the web-page showing the photo; next you could right-click on the pic, select properties, copy the URL address, ending with jpg and post the photo into the post window.

Also, the newer method with the image manager doesn't work for me either; all I get is an error message, consistently. So I've given up on the PW photo hosting process.

Rick

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2508695 - 02/09/16 10:22 AM Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS [Re: Rickster]
Piano World Offline

Originally Posted By Rickster

Norbert blush

I hope the picture upload process works for others, but it hasn't worked for me in months. It used to work well. Follow the prompts, browse the PC, upload the pic/file and get an email from PW with the web-page showing the photo; next you could right-click on the pic, select properties, copy the URL address, ending with jpg and post the photo into the post window.

Also, the newer method with the image manager doesn't work for me either; all I get is an error message, consistently. So I've given up on the PW photo hosting process.

Rick

Which is why I keep stressing that people should follow the instructions here http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2248307.html
The photo gallery upload process works just fine, and it's easy to upload multiple pictures one after the other.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880

#2508712 - 02/09/16 11:05 AM Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS [Re: Rickster]
KurtZ Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Heart of Screenland

Norbert blush

Rick

In Facebook, Craigslist and two other forums I follow, you drag the image to the post and you're done. Granted, Facebook and Craigslist are giants with resources no enthusiasts forum has but in neither in TalkBass nor the GoldWing Owners group I go to does one EVER see posts with attempts to post photos that didn't work. No disrespect intended to this fine forum but the fact that two long time members find the photo sharing process cludgy and unreliable gives credence to my belief that the photo process is very 10 years ago and should be high on the list of features to be upgraded. The sharing of photos drastically enrichens the forum experience; I know that there's a lot more than the 3 of us who avoid it here as bothersome.

Sorry for the negative nancy post but it's the truth of how I feel,

Kurt

Rumi

#2508725 - 02/09/16 11:29 AM Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS [Re: Piano World]
Piano World Offline

Kurt,
I don't disagree with you, if it was that easy I'd have already done it. I haven't found a cost effective way to do it.

Even Facebook requires you to upload your pictures.

If you use the photo gallery you can keep adding pictures to it without needing to start another upload thread.

That's how I keep adding to this one http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/galleries/2374255/In_the_News.html

I just click edit, then image manager and add more pictures.

I'm closing this thread now because it's getting away from the original intent which was to teach folks to use the photo gallery to upload and post pictures.

If anyone wants to discuss this further, please start a new thread.

Edited by Piano World (02/09/16 02:06 PM)
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#2508773 - 02/09/16 02:04 PM Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS [Re: Piano World]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
It is evident that the image/photo uploader is working for some members, because there are some recent photos in the image gallery. However, it still doesn't work for me, on my home PC, or my computer at work.

Here is the message I get when I follow the instructions to the tee:

"All of the required fields are not filled in.

Please click [ Back ] to return to the previous page."

And, again, I follow the instructions to the tee; there are no more "fields" to fill in.

And Frank, please don't think I'm being critical or complaining. (Well, maybe I am complaining a bit, but that is my problem and not yours.) smile

Besides, folks here have probably seen and heard enough from me already. I don't want to wear out my welcome. smile

Rick

#2508777 - 02/09/16 02:11 PM Re: HOW TO POST PICTURES ON THE PIANO FORUMS [Re: Rickster]
Piano World Offline

It is evident that the image/photo uploader is working for some members, because there are some recent photos in the image gallery. However, it still doesn't work for me, on my home PC, or my computer at work.

Here is the message I get when I follow the instructions to the tee:

"All of the required fields are not filled in.

Please click [ Back ] to return to the previous page."

And, again, I follow the instructions to the tee; there are no more "fields" to fill in.

And Frank, please don't think I'm being critical or complaining. (Well, maybe I am complaining a bit, but that is my problem and not yours.) smile

Besides, folks here have probably seen and heard enough from me already. I don't want to wear out my welcome. smile

Rick

Rick,
If you fail to give your gallery post a subject and a description (step # 2) it will keep complaining that all required fields aren't filled in.

Best,

Frank B.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Why It's Impossible to Tune a Piano!
aka, why you should be nice to your tuner.
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tours
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Please help! Parent of talented kid overwhelmed with choices
by sarir97
05/27/16 05:43 PM
How big are your hands?
by Nemaara
05/27/16 05:20 PM
Kitty on the Keys by Frank Mills Sheet Music
by shalomjj
05/27/16 04:20 PM
Nikolai Kapustin - 'easier' pieces
by BobTB
05/27/16 03:43 PM
Bouncing w/Bud - Sonny Rollins transcription
by indigo_dave
05/27/16 03:19 PM
Forum Stats
83,784 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,969 Topics
2,528,346 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission