Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#2254614 - 03/31/14 01:08 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
1) B-flat minor, Op. 9 No. 1 (doctor S)
Love your sensitive test exquisite performance. Love the drama getting unfolded under your fingers. This is one of the nocturnes I would like to play someday.

2) E-flat major, Op. 9 No. 2 (Pavel.K)
Fantastic. You make it seem so easy. I know it's not especially this one. This gotta be the most famous and most often played nocturne. We all have clear idea of how it should sound. I enjoyed your take on this piece. can I have more? Bravo!

3) B major, Op. 9 No. 3 (Arthur)
Well, I know you play well, skip!

4) F major, Op. 15 No. 1 (Roland The Beagle)
Enjoyed the contrast between the stormy section and calm ocean like sections. Fine job for this difficult nocturne.

5) F-sharp major, Op. 15 No. 2 (DameMyra)
Sound cloud does not seem to work for me for this one. Let me get back to the recording tomorrow.

6) G minor, Op. 15 No. 3 (FarmGirl)
Skip!!!! Thanks for listing though.

7) C-sharp minor, Op. 27 No. 1 (Morodiene)
Wow! I love this. I love the piece and your interpretation. What a performance. I was speechless. You totally unleashed and COMMUNICATed the drama contained in the piece. Must feel nice to play like this.

8) D-flat major, Op. 27 No. 2 (chopinoholic)
Sound cloud does not work for me. The first sound cloud worked but not from the second ones. I will come back to it.

9) B major, Op. 32 No. 1 (Brad Hoehne)
You handled those tricky stop and start part very well. It flows well and you played out your interpretation masterfully. Impressed with your originality.

10) A-flat major, Op. 32 No. 2 (dynamist)
I love the piece and singing melodies. The tempo is a bit slower than I am accustomed hearing but I think it worked very well by giving excellent contract with the fast and emotional sections. Thanks.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2254628 - 03/31/14 02:29 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
As a group these were all exceptionally well played !!

Waltz in A-flat major, Op. 69 No. 1 - BruceD
-- This rendition reflects your usual attention to detail, musical maturity and technical expertise. A very satisfying performance !!

Waltz in B minor, Op. 69 No. 2 - Sam S
-- Overall you do a very good job with this. My only suggestion is that you try not to punch the LH chords on the 3rd beat of each measure in the opening section quite so much. I'm not that familiar with this waltz so thanks for introducing me to it !!

Waltz in G-flat major, Op. 70 No. 1 - Tim Adrianson
-- A most elegant performance. The opening and closing sections must be challenging to play even though you make them sound easy. You do a beautiful job with the middle section !!

Waltz in F minor, Op. 70 No. 2 - Ganddalf
-- Beautifully played !! Personally I'd like to hear a little more dynamic contrast (particularly the forte sections) but I've discovered that most artists tend to keep the dynamics in this waltz fairly subdued throughout.

Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 70 No. 3 - musica71
-- This is one of Chopin's most beautiful waltzes - and your sensitive rendition successfully reveals all of its many charms. Most impressive indeed !!

Wonderful work folks !!! thumb

#2254720 - 03/31/14 08:19 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
dannylux Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Connecticut
Originally Posted By: JoelW

Carey, I love the three staccato notes you play in the left hand in the second D flat section on the G flat chord (measure 122 and similar ones). It was unexpected and made me smile.

Mel

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only what you are expecting to give — which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." Katharine Hepburn

#2254741 - 03/31/14 09:22 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
Ganddalf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Norway
Nocturne in E minor, Op. 72 No. 1 PikaPianist

As far as I can judge this was professional level. The performance was technically flawless and playing was very expressive. You clearly have a great consciousness about detail and how to make the music sound beautifully.

Nocturne in C-sharp minor, B. 49 - doctor S

Another great performance. This nocturne is very interesting as it seems to contain quotations of themes and fractions from Chopins second concerto. It was very enjoyable to listen to it.

Nocturne in C minor, B. 108 - TwoSnowflakes

Flawless playing! I didnt realize how beautiful this nocturne is before I heard your interpretation. Thanks for sharing this music with us!

#2254823 - 03/31/14 12:43 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
musica71 Offline

Loc: Bend, Or.
We are currently packing and getting ready to move, I do not have time to listen attentively to everyone. I have picked up snatches here and there and am very impressed with the so very musical playing. Thank you so much for all of the work putting this together.!!

#2254831 - 03/31/14 01:02 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: musica71]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: musica71
We are currently packing and getting ready to move, I do not have time to listen attentively to everyone. I have picked up snatches here and there and am very impressed with the so very musical playing. Thank you so much for all of the work putting this together.!!
Good luck with the move Judy !! thumb

#2254885 - 03/31/14 03:51 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: dannylux]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: dannylux
Carey, I love the three staccato notes you play in the left hand in the second D flat section on the G flat chord (measure 122 and similar ones). It was unexpected and made me smile. Mel

Thanks Mel. Once I made the decision to play the three LH notes that way it made me smile as well. smile

Edited by carey (03/31/14 04:59 PM)

#2254903 - 03/31/14 04:26 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: FarmGirl]
ChopinLives81 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
1)
2) E-flat major, Op. 9 No. 2 (Pavel.K)
Fantastic. You make it seem so easy. I know it's not especially this one. This gotta be the most famous and most often played nocturne. We all have clear idea of how it should sound. I enjoyed your take on this piece. can I have more? Bravo!

Except it was me who submitted this one. Pavel.K had to drop out. However, thank you for your comments.

Edited by ChopinLives81 (03/31/14 04:29 PM)

Check my videos @:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chopinlives81

#2254946 - 03/31/14 05:34 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
Damon Online   happy
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
Nocturne in E-flat major, Op. 55 No. 2 - jeffreyjones
Very good rendition of a toughie. (I ran through it a few times as it started on a facing page of mine smile )

Nocturne in B major, Op. 62 No. 1 - Emanuel Ravelli
Sensitive and, for my ears, a perfect amount of emphasis of the melody over accompaniment.

Nocturne in E major, Op. 62 No. 2 - dire tonic
You can't beat the cleanliness of a digital recording but it seems I always have to turn my subs off to listen to it. Anyway, your interpretation is excellent. Good set all!

#2254963 - 03/31/14 06:03 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
Damon Online   happy
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area

Nocturne in E minor, Op. 72 No. 1 - PikaPianist
Very nice and controlled. This is the only one of these 3 with which I'm familiar and it stands well with any I've heard.

Nocturne in C-sharp minor, B. 49 - doctor S
I too, like the asynch. Good job!

Nocturne in C minor, B. 108 - TwoSnowflakes
I might ice down a spot of whiskey and listen again. thumb

#2255005 - 03/31/14 07:59 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: USA
Set 10

Waltz in A-flat major, B. 21 - Cinnamonbear

Waltz in E major, B. 44 - Tim Adrianson

Waltz in E-flat major, B. 46 - Cinnamonbear

#2255007 - 03/31/14 08:07 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
We're not allowed to criticize anything, right?

Polyphonist

#2255016 - 03/31/14 08:30 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Don't ask me. grin

#2255036 - 03/31/14 09:21 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: Polyphonist]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Rockford, IL
Ask me! Ask me!!! Ooo!!! Ooo!!! Ooo!!!! Mr. Kotter!!! Misstah Kahhtt-air!!!

Originally Posted By: Polyphonist

No. *You* are not allowed to criticize anything. Criticism from *you* is anathema to any pianist who is far enough along to know everything.

Praise and encouragement only is allowed from *you*--especially in recital situations such as this.

Being a fast learner, *you* should know this.

(Pfft.)

#2255075 - 03/31/14 10:19 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: Polyphonist]
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
I think some have said they are OK with constructive criticism, while others have either not said anything or have said they'd rather not have any. Personally I don't mind it, if there's something more I can learn (and I know there is), then great.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2255101 - 03/31/14 11:35 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
doctor S Offline

Loc: Western PA

Waltz in A-flat major, B. 21 - Cinnamonbear. Having just dragged in after 14 hours work (mostly sitting) I can only dimly imagine how difficult it would be to practice and record after doing the same standing. Light, beautiful waltz-step (I can see the heels leaving the floor on the 3rd beats!). Good tempo, subtle contrasts, well-packaged. Bravo!

Waltz in E major, B. 44 - Tim Adrianson. Lively tempi, tasteful rubato, excellent melodic emphasis and dynamic variation (every recapitulation a little different), pin perfect ending. Very listenable! (What piano?)

Waltz in E-flat major, B. 46 - Cinnamonbear. Tough waltz. I know you wondered if your best-little-spinet-on-the-planet was up to the strange low octaves in this piece. Listened to Michelangeli again and his octaves remind me of a German Oompahpah band. Well-turned phrases, good contrasts, all the notes: an elegant, musical interpretation. (Glad we didn't trade!)

#2255103 - 03/31/14 11:44 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

#2255105 - 03/31/14 11:45 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
JoelW Offline
4000 Post Club Member

This concludes the 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital. Hope you enjoyed it.

#2255122 - 04/01/14 12:57 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Set 10

Waltz in A-flat major, B. 21 - Cinnamonbear

Waltz in E major, B. 44 - Tim Adrianson

Waltz in E-flat major, B. 46 - Cinnamonbear

Chopin "a la spinet." I love the sound !! grin

Impressive work by both Andy and Tim - with special kudos to Andy for creativity in score presentation !!!!

Bravo guys !!

#2255128 - 04/01/14 01:24 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
BruceD Offline

Loc: Victoria, BC
This concludes the 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital. Hope you enjoyed it.

Joel :

Many thanks for organizing this series of Nocturnes and Waltzes and for posting the submissions.

Regards,

#2255222 - 04/01/14 09:03 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
Ganddalf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Norway
Waltz in E-flat major, Op. 18 carey

Im so impressed by your performance of this waltz. Listening to your performance gave me a completely new view of piece. It was not just the flawless playing, but even more the way you give character to the music.

Waltz in A-flat major, Op. 34 No. 1 - hreichgott

Indeed you managed to bring life to this waltz. I remember that you offered me to play this one instead of you, but Im very glad I didnt accept the offer. You are a very accomplished musician, and it was a joy listening to your playing.

Waltz in A minor, Op. 34 No. 2 - Pathbreaker

Although it is technically less demanding than the two previous waltzes, this one is challenging in its own way. I love the changing moods of the piece, and I was very pleased when I listened to your performance. Great playing!

Waltz in F major, Op. 34 No. 3 - Arthur Rubinstein

Thanks to the organisers for including this piece and other pieces not taken by other participants.

#2255227 - 04/01/14 09:15 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: BruceD]
Tim Adrianson Offline
1000 Post Club Member

+1! Joel, thanks ever so much for serving as organizer for this recital. I was very much taken with the high musical quality of the submissions -- everybody making an honest effort to operate at the top of their game.

#2255230 - 04/01/14 09:21 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: Polyphonist]
timmyab Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK

Feel free to criticize me if you think you can salvage anything from the wreckage.

#2255235 - 04/01/14 09:34 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
Morodiene Offline

Waltz in A-flat major, Op. 42 - carey : Another fine contribution! I really enjoy the fluidity with which you play this, especially in the B sections. You were able to add enough rubato in there to keep it interesting without losing the excitement of this almost perpetual motion piece.

Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 64 No. 1 - AZNpiano : I'm glad you didn't try to play this as fast as absolutely possible, I find that when people do we lose so many of the nuances this piece has. Thanks so much for playing this! You gave it plenty of flair and contrast.

Waltz in C-sharp minor, Op. 64 No. 2 - Arthur Rubinstein : One of my favorite of the "slow" Waltzes, I'm hopeful that whoever signed up for this originally would submit their rendition at a later time when they can.

Waltz in A-flat major, Op. 64 No. 3 - timmyab : You have such nice sensitivity and connection with this piece. I like the interplay between the LH and RH in the B section. I couldn't help but think how much better this would sound on a good acoustic though, I think if you ever have the opportunity you should re-record this just because I think your playing deserves it!

#2255246 - 04/01/14 09:55 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
Morodiene Offline

Waltz in A-flat major, Op. 69 No. 1 - BruceD : You get such a wonderful singing melody on this one. Your timing on the rubato was really well-done too: enough to accentuate the rhythmic and harmonic changes that deserve highlighting, without losing sight of the fact that this is a waltz. Great job!

Waltz in B minor, Op. 69 No. 2 - Sam S : I like the contrast between your heavier pedaling in the B section and the drier pedaling you do in the A section. Your slightly slower tempo in the C section actually gave it a stateliness that I think going faster would have lost. Congrats on a job well done!

Waltz in G-flat major, Op. 70 No. 1 - Tim Adrianson : You certainly have the flair this piece needs to pull off those triplets and grace notes! And the tenderness you play the B section with is really special too. Not all of the Waltzes are superficial smile

Waltz in F minor, Op. 70 No. 2 - Ganddalf : I had forgotten about this sentimental Waltz - I absolutely love that opening line. Your singing melody and fluid playing is always a pleasure to listen to. Thanks for playing!

Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 70 No. 3 - musica71 : You have a great feel for what a Waltz should be, with touches of rubato, but not overly sentimental or drawn out. My favorite parts are how well you integrate the LH trill into everything seamlessly by accentuating it rather than glossing over it quickly. A fine performance!

Edited by Morodiene (04/01/14 09:56 AM)

#2255251 - 04/01/14 10:07 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
Morodiene Offline

Waltz in A-flat major, B. 21 - Cinnamonbear : I enjoy the way you play the melody here, it's clear and with a lovely tone to it. A delightful performance!

Waltz in E major, B. 44 - Tim Adrianson : I've always been told that when you play with rubato it should be done in an elliptical pattern, start a bit slower, then speed up in the middle and slow down again. You handle this masterfully. I've never heard this Waltz before, so it was interesting to be exposed to it with your playing.

Waltz in E-flat major, B. 46 - Cinnamonbear : Another unfamiliar waltz to me, this one seems to have a bit of drama in the use of those low octaves in the bass - which you bring out perfectly! Thanks for contributing another great performance!

I have a question about the posthumous waltzes. In my edition (Dover/Mikuli) there are only 2 posthumous Waltzes listed: E Minor and E Major. Did anyone do the E Minor?

#2255268 - 04/01/14 10:40 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
11) G minor, Op. 37 No. 1 (ElaineAllegro)
I love the piece. When I was picking the piece, I tried this piece first but realized that 3 months for this piece is not enough.
This would be a piece one will comes back many times.

12) G major, Op. 37 No. 2 (Arthur)
Yup, I know you are good

13) C minor, Op. 48 No. 1 (Arthur)
You again!

14) F-sharp minor, Op. 48 No. 2 (BruceD)
Bravo! You are good Love the sensitive yet fluent flow of thoughts and emotions. Enjoyed it, thanks.

15) F minor, Op. 55 No. 1 (Damon)
This is one of my favorite. I love the way you brought up the drama in the middle section by projecting the chords. From there on towards the ending was mesmorisingly beautiful

16) E-flat major, Op. 55 No. 2 (jeffreyjones)
What a treat. I have never heard the recording of this piece. It does not look easy. Loved your performance.

17) B major, Op. 62 No. 1 (Emanuel Ravelli)
Hmm I have to do something about sound cloud. I cannot get the sound out of it. Maybe I should use my work computer (Dell) rather than my personal Macbook Air.

18) E major, Op. 62 No. 2 (dire tonic)
I was looking forward to your performance. As expected it was fantastic. From the first four notes, i knew I would enjoy tis. My words cannot express how wonderful it was. Thanks.

19) E minor, Op. 72 No. 1 (PikaPianist)
They say its not what you play but how you play it. Your performance is a living proof to that. I played this one when I was young and heard many others perform in recitals, studios, etc. But none come across to this moving yet masterful performance. Now I would love to go back to the piece and try it again.

20) C-sharp minor, P1/16 (-Doctor S)
Sorry, cannot make sound out of sound cloud. I will try it on another computer.

21) C minor, P2/8 (TwoSnowflakes)
OMG I can open this one! I don't know why I can open some sound cloud vs. another.. Anyway, I have never known about the piece but this is a very beautiful piece and performance. I cannot believe this is your first performance returning to piano. You must have progressed far enough when you are young. I look forward to more of your performance in the future.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2255269 - 04/01/14 10:41 AM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: JoelW]
DameMyra Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: South Jersey
Joel, I would also like to thank you for organizing this marvelous recital. Listening to all of these wonderful performances I am, once again, reminded of all the talent we have here at PW.

To those who commented on my performance, thank you for your wonderfully kind remarks. As for me, I wouldn't know where to begin with my reactions and thoughts regarding all of these passionate and heartfelt performances. All I can say is, I am honored and humbled to be among such fine musicians.

#2255335 - 04/01/14 01:08 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: Morodiene]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Rockford, IL
Originally Posted By: Morodiene
I think some have said they are OK with constructive criticism, while others have either not said anything or have said they'd rather not have any. Personally I don't mind it, if there's something more I can learn (and I know there is), then great.

Same here, actually, Morodiene. I don't mind criticism when it is thoughtful, insightful, and goes below the surface to be truly helpful. For instance, MinnesotaMarty once told me that my staccato sounded like a bullet ricocheting off of a metal sign. He shared that simile only after studying a number of my recordings and concluding that it was something that I was not hearing in my own playing. He was right, and the picture he gave has helped me moderate that flaw. thumb He also told me once that the striking of some of my block chords was imprecise, which was true, and as I worked to correct it, I eventually discovered an unevenness in the let-off setting on one of the keys of my piano! crazy grin

Of course, anytime you put something on the Internet for the whole world to see (including posts that show a close-up of your own runny nose and snot on your sleeve), you open yourself to any and all. I like criticism that comes from the perspective of appreciation for what has been done, acknowledgement of where the work is in process, and like I said, goes below the surface. Helpful hints and "have you considered"s are also nice. As for the two waltzes I submitted, I can rip them to shreds on the surface, myself, for what they are (and *do* every time I listen to them)--unsteady tempo, poor dynamic decisions and execution, bad fingerings, missed notes--all barely fruited from the flower, with nary a blush of ripeness. In the Eb Maj. (B.46), I botched a nice compositional nuance in the bass line of the recurring "A" section every time it came around, playing a low Eb octave instead of observing the single Eb3, which is *meant* to be single in order to create a graceful upward momentum at the end of the phrase.

Both of the waltzes I submitted were not ready for prime time by a long shot. They were both new to me, and I did the best I could with them in the time that I had. Boo-hoo, right? When they were due, they were due, so I just let them fly. The silver lining I found was not in the playing, either. The thing that gave me the greatest joy in this whole particular endeavor was an epiphany in tuning the bass of my little spinet! laugh I *finally* found a way to resonance through the inharmonic weeds, and while it is still wonky, the bass had better "float" to it than in any previous attempt. With an octave-heavy piece that spans the keyboard, I scrapped several recordings and tunings. In fact, I spent more time tuning than recording. eek LOL! But that was a *good* thing! grin

So, when Poly says, "We're not allowed to criticize anything, right?", which was his first post to this thread for a number of days, and that it immediately followed an arbitrary set in the presentation line-up that included both of my offerings, well, I didn't appreciate the wedgie, thank you very little. wink The meaning of life is found in the quality of our relationships.

Anyway, doctorS, carey, and Morodiene, thank you very *much* for the comments. That acknowledgement means a lot to me. At least I had fun YouTubify-ing the mess over the weekend. And despite being tired of these two waltzes for the moment, I'm keeping them in rotation.

I hope to make time to write individual comments for sets 5 through 11. I've listened to every recording once, many of them twice, and they were all enjoyable. Some of them were jaw-dropping good. Some of them were profoundly moving. Thank you, everyone, for sharing your music!!!

Joel, thanks for your work.

--Andy

#2255365 - 04/01/14 01:43 PM Re: 2014 Chopin nocturnes and waltzes recital [Re: Cinnamonbear]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Cinnamonbear
The meaning of life is found in the quality of our relationships.

Hear, hear !!! thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
103 registered (Al LaPorte, anotherscott, aesop, 36251, barbaram, 28 invisible), 1411 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75581 Members
42 Forums
156278 Topics
2295107 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Help with dynamics
by noobpianist90
07/30/14 03:53 AM
Using Kawai MP6 faders/knobs with virtual instruments?
by chicolom
07/30/14 02:35 AM
Coming up with new compositional methods.
by gsmonks
07/30/14 01:58 AM
Impromptu in A
by Ritzycat
07/30/14 12:42 AM
what do you think piano teachers about it?
by Maximillyan
07/30/14 12:15 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission