2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 8 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 206 of 452 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 451 452
C
C

Hi for all. I am also new here and from Brazil =) Just like others here I learned piano when I was a child and for some reasons stopped =(

So after a long long time (16 years) I bought for me a little keyboard in march and today got the 3 books of Mr. Alfred. =)

Started today and already on page 30, but on level one book didn't came a CD, so anyone knows where I can get it?

Thanks for all and in a few months I will bought a better digital piano for me =)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
-- Albert Einstein
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You want the first book, the all-in-one, but the one you gave the link to is level 2, and I think you want level 1.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
C
C

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yes, that's the one most of us are working from. I've used this one and I really liked it. The one you have leaves out more than half of the songs.

Also, you can look for the Alfred Self Teaching Adult Piano Course - it has a yellow cover. It's new and is supposed to have more instructions for each piece. I haven't seen the actual book but I have looked at it on Amazon and it might be a good alternative. It has the same pieces with I think 2 extras. The only thing is that it does not have the spiral binding.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
C
C
Yeah, so which one would you recommend for me? the Alfred or the yellow Alfred?

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Last edited by tangleweeds; 09/04/10 10:43 PM.

Please step aside. You're standing in your own way.
C
C
Is there really any difference between them? I guess with the "self teach" one you can teach yourself.

G
G
I've been using the yellow self teaching one.

It's not spiral bound so you have to clip it open with a paper clip or something. The main thing with it is every song has an accompanying page that takes you through the music, looking at all the new notes introduced and dynamics etc.

It's nice to have but not essential. It does have 5 songs at the end that the all in one doesn't have so when you reach the end you have the chance to start building a small repertoire, which is a nice bonus.

Last edited by Giano; 09/05/10 08:57 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well, if I were just starting now, and if I had known about the Self Teaching one at the time, I would probably have gone with that. But either way, I think you will like the series.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
C
C
If I choose the yellow book, can I still get help from this thread and the other 2 threads ? Because it only have 1 grade and the all in one have 3 grades.

P.s does the all in one go into detail too?

Last edited by corise; 09/05/10 11:19 AM.
S
S
somewhere on this thread is probably a post detailing the differences between the basic and the all in one books - is there anyway to find that post without reading all 138 pages?

Nord Stage 2
J bass, Les Paul, Norman acoustic, Line 6 XTL, Boss GT-10B
Roland Td9
three shelter cats

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Alfred Basic Adult Piano Course - has lessons and pieces to play, but you must buy a separate theory book. Levels 1,2, and 3.

Alfred Basic Adult Piano Course All-In-One - same lessons and pieces as above with the exception of maybe two or three different pieces, includes theory and exercises. Levels 1,2 and 3. (Has spiral binding with is nice because it lays flat)

Alfred Self-Teaching Piano Course - same lessons and pieces but with more explanation and study hints for each piece. Has some bonus pieces at the end of book. No spiral binding.

You can post here with any of the above, as MOST of the pieces are exactly the same.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
C
C
I think I'll buy the all in one, in case I don't understand the concept of something on the book ,I can rely on this thread for help, yes?

Last edited by corise; 09/05/10 03:50 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yes! There is always someone on this thread that can help.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
C
C
then I'll relearn how to play the piano ASAP!

F
F
Hi,

This is my first post in this nice thread.

I am 47 years old and started the Alfred AIO 1 about one month ago. I am portuguese but I am leaving in Lobito, Angola (Africa). I do not have teacher.

I am playing in a Roland FP-7 DP.

In Alfred AIO 1, I am at "Merrily We Roll Along" in page 35. Things are going slow.
I have also the "Alfred Teach Yourself to Play Piano" with DVD.

In adition I use 2 free piano sites:

additional play (I am in "Bridal March" - learning to count 8ths)
http://www.gmajormusictheory.org/Freebies/freebies.html

as reference
http://www.piano-play-it.com/

Regards to all
Pedro

Last edited by fliper; 09/07/10 04:39 AM.

Alfred Adult All-In-One - level 1 - "Go Down, Moses" - page 133

B
B
I'm back after a month's absence. I managed to attend the 21st annual Appalachian Stringband Festival for the entire first week in August. Then the 75th Galax Old Fiddlers Convention the second week in August. Then classes started back at the local community college. I have been quite busy but I am still working through my piano book. I have been mainly focusing on the "greatest hits" book since I put those pieces on youtube I want to get each one down before I move further in the main book. I have got It's a Small World down and will likely be uploading it this weekend. I'm making good progress on Tomorrow.

C
C
Hello all. I bought a piano and found this forum about two years ago. Played around a little with book 1 on my own. Finally got serious and started taking lessons a little over a month ago and now i'm hooked. I practice pretty much every day and am now on page 107 of the all in one book. Got hung up on Blow the Man Down for some reason but finally got past that. My 6-year-old son started taking lessons too so we help keep each other motivated. Look forward to taking part in the conversation around here. smile

~Celena

‎"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach
F
F
Hello Celena,

Welcome to this thread.

I am reading all thread from the begining. Blow the Man Down (also called BTMD) is a piece that almost everybody hung up. From my understanding of reading (not my experiance - I am in page 35)it is the first piece that you have to use LH and RH independentelly.

Congratulations in passing BTMD. You have learned important skill to other later pieces. Good luck and keep us informed about your progression and comments that can help us.

I am training G7 cord for RH to start Mary Ann (page 36).

I am slow but I am trying to learn counting and dynamics. Counting is more or less ok (eights only at 60 BPM), but I speed a little in the "easy parts".

I am in trouble to have different dynamics in LH e RH, as required in Merrily we roll along and Largo (page 35)

Alfred Adult All-In-One - level 1 - "Go Down, Moses" - page 133

Page 206 of 452 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 451 452

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission