2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, 16 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
sprehod Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey,

Do anybody have analyse of Chopin third sonata or know where can I find it?

C
C
Piano Sonata No.3, Op.58 (Chopin, Frédéric) has piano sonata no. 3 both recordings and scores. Right up top is the original one by chopin and below that is the 1st edition, both of those are in manuscript so you might not understand either because it is hard to read original manuscript. It should be easy for you to understand the one below the 1st edition which is part of a catalogue known as Friedrich Chopin's Werke just like how when I was talking about that K 545 in the hardest piano piece ever written thread I had a link to the PDF and it said Sonatae no. 15 fur das Pianoforte which is german for Piano Sonata no. 15 and so Mozart's 15th sonata in F and 16th sonata in C often get confused when you look at the catalogue Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarts Werke.

Last edited by caters; 04/10/14 01:01 PM.
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
None of that has anything to do with the OP's question.

Regards,

Polyphonist
C
C
Originally Posted by Polyphonist

He was asking for Piano Sonata no. 3 by chopin and So I gave him the link to where it is on IMSLP.

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
He wasn't. He was asking for an analysis of it.

Regards,

Polyphonist
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A

You have got to be the most useless troll on these forums. You never offer any real value to any discussion. Every one of your comments is a short, pompous slap or snipe. It's as if you're here to fuel your obvious superiority complex. Pathetic.

Originally Posted by caters
Piano Sonata No.3, Op.58 (Chopin, Frédéric) has piano sonata no. 3 both recordings and scores. Right up top is the original one by chopin and below that is the 1st edition, both of those are in manuscript so you might not understand either because it is hard to read original manuscript.

Now here's an example of a post with value.

"A good intention but fixed and resolute - bent on high and holy ends, we shall find means to them on every side and at every moment; and even obstacles and opposition will but make us 'like the fabled specter-ships,' which sail the fastest in the very teeth of the wind."
R. W. Emerson
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I will refrain from pointing out the obvious irony here and request that you read my post above. caters' post was not helpful because it did not address the question, and went off on a tangent.

Regards,

Polyphonist
C
C
Still he can analyze it himself as he clearly states with the "or know where I can find it"

I helped him by giving the link to what he wanted analyzed because I deduced from the second statement that he can analyze things.

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I assumed that "it" was the analysis, not the score. Clearly English is not the OP's first language and the misplaced modifier is more likely than the other interpretation.

Regards,

Polyphonist
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
I will refrain from pointing out the obvious irony here and request that you read my post above. caters' post was not helpful because it did not address the question, and went off on a tangent.

Oh lord, you are so full of yourself. It's so obvious to anyone that reads your posts. You must be a very sad, lonely man to troll forums and contribute nothing of value with ~6200 posts.

Even here, it's obvious that caters is providing value to the OP, and you're just wasting space with countless, meaningless, sniping posts.

@sprehod
Wikipedia may have an analysis.

"A good intention but fixed and resolute - bent on high and holy ends, we shall find means to them on every side and at every moment; and even obstacles and opposition will but make us 'like the fabled specter-ships,' which sail the fastest in the very teeth of the wind."
R. W. Emerson
C
C
Well I assumed that he can analyze things and that "it" was referring to the sonata itself not the analysis. Besides analysis is highly opinionated because some sad parts other people think aren't and so analysis is not accurate, score is.

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Atrys

Oh lord, you are so full of yourself. It's so obvious to anyone that reads your posts. You must be a very sad, lonely man to troll forums and contribute nothing of value with ~6200 posts.

Even here, it's obvious that caters is providing value to the OP, and you're just wasting space with countless, meaningless, sniping posts.

Please continue to vent; I will get my popcorn.

Originally Posted by caters
Well I assumed that he can analyze things and that "it" was referring to the sonata itself not the analysis. Besides analysis is highly opinionated because some sad parts other people think aren't and so analysis is not accurate, score is.

I was assuming that if he wants an analysis he already possesses the score. Perhaps you're right, we'll see if he replies.

Regards,

Polyphonist
S
sprehod Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Don't fight. Thank you for your help, but I already have score. I need score with analyse - sonata's form etc.

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P

Regards,

Polyphonist
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Poly's getting bashed unfairly here.
He was right.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mark_C

+ 1

OP asked for an analysis or where to find one -- NOT the piece itself. I'm slightly puzzled as to why Atrys reacted that way. If he would have just heard Poly out...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Is this another case of someone wanting help with homework?

Die Krebs gehn zurucke,
Die Stockfisch bleiben dicke,
Die Karpfen viel fressen,
Die Predigt vergessen.

Die Predigt hat g'fallen.
Sie bleiben wie alle.
O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Mark_C
He was right.

+1.

And he's been unfairly bashed in many other threads too. Like stores, Poly doesn't mince words or couch them in a lot of warm and fuzzy. That's who he is. It would be nice if everyone could learn to accept the variety of writing styles on this forum, and simply focus on the content of what's being said, rather than attributing malicious motives to the writer.

In this case, Poly correctly interpreted the OP's intent and was trying to clarify that for others. IMHO, that type of post does contribute to the discussion and does have "value". (This post, on the other hand, not so much. grin)

S
sprehod Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Polyphonist.

Janus K.Sachs, I don't understand your way of thinking. Why then we have books and other stuff if not for reading them and learn new things? Is it something wrong if I read someone's analyse? I guess it was written to be read.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
What's the assignment? What are you looking for? What type of analysis do you want to read? A complete Roman numeral analysis? A sectional breakdown of each movement (thematic/motivic groups, transitions, etc.)? Large scale key structure/progression through all movements? Formal structures used in each movement and how they deviate from norms? Shenkerian Ursatz/linear progressions? Motivic connections across movements? Or are you simply looking for an angle/thesis?

Die Krebs gehn zurucke,
Die Stockfisch bleiben dicke,
Die Karpfen viel fressen,
Die Predigt vergessen.

Die Predigt hat g'fallen.
Sie bleiben wie alle.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission