2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, Calavera, 10 invisible), 1,218 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
W
I thought I would attach this really helpful image I was able to get from Kawai support. It shows the distance from the surface the piano rests on to the top of the keys. This will allow anyone who is building a special table/shelf/workstation to know where to set the height of that surface at.

The keys on the MP11 are 105mm (4.13in) from the surface the piano is placed on. So if you wanted something close to that 28.5-inch height being discussed here for example, you would want the height of whatever you place the MP11 on to be about 24-24.5-inches tall.

PLEASE NOTE: Image shows "115"mm but Kawai confirmed with me it is actually 105mm (90mm + 15mm for rubber feet = 105mm)
[Linked Image]

Last edited by william_s; 04/17/14 09:45 AM.
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Thanks william_s, that is really helpful!

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
The drawing looks wrong to me, in particular: hinge instead of key fulcrum, keyboard front-back reversed. I suggest you re-confirm things with Kawai support.

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Dan Clark
My next piano lesson is this Friday, 4/18. I'm going to do my best to compare the acoustic grands with my MP11. They may be very comparable and I just didn't notice that.

I recommend to organize getting your teacher to visit you at home to at least once watch and correct how you practice or play there. That's where you spend most of your time with the piano, and posture at home is thus your key to avoid injuries. So, forget for one session about learning new things from the book, but just play old stuff which you perfectly know to play already and concentrate that session only on your posture.
All the best!

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Marco M
Originally Posted by Dan Clark
My next piano lesson is this Friday, 4/18. I'm going to do my best to compare the acoustic grands with my MP11. They may be very comparable and I just didn't notice that.

I recommend to organize getting your teacher to visit you at home to at least once watch and correct how you practice or play there. That's where you spend most of your time with the piano, and posture at home is thus your key to avoid injuries. So, forget for one session about learning new things from the book, but just play old stuff which you perfectly know to play already and concentrate that session only on your posture.
All the best!

Marco,

Great suggestion. It turns out that just this morning my teacher and I discussed an in home lesson when I get the MP11 installed. (Great minds... grin )

Thanks,

Dan.

PIANO
Keybd: Kawai MP11
SW: PianoTeq 7
HW: Core i7-6700K; 32GB; (2) SSDs
Audio Int: FocusRite 2i4

MUSIC COMPOSITION
Keybd: Native Inst KK S88 Mk II
DAW: Cubase
SW: PianoTeq 7; NI Komplete 13 Libs; Spitfire Libs; Audio Imperia Nucleus Libs
Proc: AMD 3970X; 128GB; (6) SSDs
Audio Int: FocusRite 2i2
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by william_s
I thought I would attach this really helpful image I was able to get from Kawai support. It shows the distance from the surface the piano rests on to the top of the keys. This will allow anyone who is building a special table/shelf/workstation to know where to set the height of that surface at.

The keys on the MP11 are 105mm (4.13in) from the surface the piano is placed on. So if you wanted something close to that 28.5-inch height being discussed here for example, you would want the height of whatever you place the MP11 on to be about 24-24.5-inches tall.

PLEASE NOTE: Image shows "115"mm but Kawai confirmed with me it is actually 105mm (90mm + 15mm for rubber feet = 105mm)
[Linked Image]

william_s,

Thanks for posting this. To add some value, I measured the distance from edge of the DP to the edge of the feet. The distance is roughly 2.5" (63.5mm) front and back, and on the sides.

There are a couple caveats however... My measurements were taken from the closest metal vertical on the side of the piano. In the front, there is a metal piece that sticks out about 1/2" just below the keys. The measurements were taken below that. The wood embellishments on the side stick out slightly over 1/2". The side measurements were taken from the vertical medal underneath wood.

I hope this is useful for folks who are installing their MP11 on a shelf or stand.

Regards,

Dan.

PIANO

MUSIC COMPOSITION
D
OP Offline
D
Attached are two drawings of what the shelves should look like. The first is an overview showing the DP shelf with the front facing. I'll try to stain to match the color MP11 side wood. The second pic shows the details of the slider without the front facing.

Regards,

Dan.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

PIANO

MUSIC COMPOSITION
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission