Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
124 registered (alans, agraffe, Almar, AFONSO, Andriuska, agent8698, 25 invisible), 1975 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2271598 - 05/05/14 07:57 PM Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video
Sir Alojolo Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 09/26/13
Posts: 8
Hello there. My name is Alvaro and I'm 26 years old. I study psychology and I love to play the piano. I used to post a lot on this forum with another account (that was like 6-7 years ago). I used to play Baroque, Classical and Romantic works, although I'm leaning towards other genres as you will see. I had a great time here; hence my will to join you again and share with you a little rendition to Rihanna I just made. You will notice I was sight-reading, so my apologies in advance.

I will post better videos with studied pieces (not sight-reading whilst I record). Until then, I'd like to share with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTTDUMMa40

Best regards to all of you and have a nice day.

Top
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2271627 - 05/05/14 09:28 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]
earlofmar Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Registered: 03/21/13
Posts: 2916
Loc: Australia
Welcome back Sir Alojolo, I wonder how much has changed in those 6-7 years since you were last here. Probably not much, just some new faces going through the same transitional problems every pianist has had to content with.

Beautiful recording by the way I would not have guessed this wan not a well rehearsed piece. Look forward to hearing more from you.
_________________________
Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

XL, XXXVIII-9-XXX

Top
#2271885 - 05/06/14 01:45 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]
Sir Alojolo Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 09/26/13
Posts: 8
Thank you!

I just added two excerpt from Chopin's Ballade to my channel, just in case someone's interested. I wish I had a grand piano... Until then, I'll have to record on my digital piano.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4nCP2jvuSY_i3dvquBqZg

Best regards!


Edited by Sir Alojolo (05/06/14 01:45 PM)

Top
#2272011 - 05/06/14 06:16 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]
earlofmar Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Registered: 03/21/13
Posts: 2916
Loc: Australia
actually sounds pretty good for a dp
_________________________
Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

XL, XXXVIII-9-XXX

Top
#2272083 - 05/06/14 10:25 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012


Registered: 08/10/05
Posts: 18096
Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Hi Alvaro! So nice to hear from you again!! Love your videos, too!
_________________________
Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica

Top
#2272119 - 05/06/14 11:49 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]
8 Octaves Offline

Gold Supporter until July 22 2015


Registered: 04/20/14
Posts: 1341
Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Sir Alojolo
I'd like to share with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTTDUMMa40



+1 thumb
_________________________
https://soundcloud.com/8octaves

“Most people overestimate what they can do in one year
and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” - Bill Gates



Top
#2272285 - 05/07/14 09:32 AM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]
Sir Alojolo Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 09/26/13
Posts: 8
Thank you guys! I hope to hear from all of you. As always, you're incredibly nice and inspiring. This is indeed a great place to be.

Best regards and blessings upon you.


Edited by Sir Alojolo (05/07/14 09:32 AM)

Top
#2272531 - 05/07/14 08:14 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Registered: 06/25/09
Posts: 652
Loc: Pittsburgh,PA
re: Alojolo playing Rihanna - Love the way you lie (Part 2)
That is heart felt, well played, emotional ,,.
_________________________
Cheers!!!


Top
#2272548 - 05/07/14 08:52 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: 8 Octaves]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Registered: 09/18/04
Posts: 1246
Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Eight Octaves
Originally Posted By: Sir Alojolo
I'd like to share with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTTDUMMa40



+1 thumb


That was great, thanks for sharing!

Top

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


(ad)
Piano Summit 2017!
Piano Summit 2017!
Check out the itineraries!
Click for Details
Piano Summit 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Difficulties playing mezzoforte and with a good tone
by Muove
7 minutes 0 seconds ago
Strange noise
by PhilipInChina
13 minutes 55 seconds ago
Otto Altenburg OA700R
by AFONSO
41 minutes 5 seconds ago
Source for short (7/8") whippen flanges?
by Jake Jackson
Today at 02:03 PM
Just getting to the bench
by alans
Today at 02:02 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
86,334 Registered Members
44 Forums
177,918 Topics
2,590,735 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission