2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (1957, Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 11 invisible), 1,898 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Yes, Franz Mohr did it, Isaac Oleg does it, Mr. Capurso does it and many others.

And the other kind of sequence is also used by well reputed tuners: George Defebaugh, Jim Coleman, Mr. Bremmer and many others.

That means it is possible. But that doesn't mean you can do it, that doesn't mean anyone does it well. In fact, there are lot of tuners out there that do not do it well. And the proof of that fact is the existence out there of pianos tuned in Reverse Well. That is what we are talking about. And you, being an ETD tuner, are not at the best place to talk about that. Your ETD knows for sure what ET is and it will not conduct you to Reverse Well. It will give you decent tunings, provided that you know how to calibrate its pitch and how to set the right amount of stretch at the right places, adequate for each piano you tune.

Not to speak about the stability of your tunings and the quality of your unisons.

Your ETD does not make you a piano tuner.
You need to be a piano tuner to make good use of an ETD.

That is why it is important for any piano tuner to know about UTs, aurally tuned of course not just only ET.

Last edited by Gadzar; 05/09/14 07:15 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My tunings in general are very stable. How would you know anything about my tuning stability? You are in Mexico, remember! Lier!

You can spew your vitriol, but it does not make you right. It just further proves what I have been saying all along.

You are a lier and you are pernicious, having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way.

synonyms: harmful, damaging, destructive, injurious, hurtful, detrimental, deleterious, dangerous, adverse, inimical, unhealthy, unfavourable, bad, evil, baleful, wicked, malign, malevolent, malignant, noxious, poisonous, cancerous, corrupting,

Mark
Piano tuner technician

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
OMG - Now we move into naked bigotry!

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
It's unbelievable! Now you are going racist and discriminator!

Fortunately I have principles, education and lots of intelligence. And I challenge you to speak about piano tuning. Nothing else. BTW I am reporting you to the moderators of this forum!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Last edited by Mark Davis; 05/09/14 08:26 PM. Reason: removed the unecessary

Mark
Piano tuner technician
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Last edited by Mark Davis; 05/09/14 08:43 PM. Reason: removed the unecessary

Mark
Piano tuner technician
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Last edited by Mark Davis; 05/09/14 08:26 PM. Reason: removed the unecessary

Mark
Piano tuner technician
Maybe we could start a new thread where you guys can yell at each other all you want, because that's all you are really doing right now. We can have the popcorn over there Marty! wink

Lucas Brookins, RPT
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I predict a moderator's intervention in about an hour. Anybody wanna bet?

Jean Poulin

Musician, Tuner and Technician

www.actionpiano.ca

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
I'm surprised the thread hasn't been locked, already.

Marty in Minnesota

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
At a sports riot, I usually prefer cold beer to popcorn. We've past the G rating for this program.

Marty in Minnesota

Haha!

Lucas Brookins, RPT
H
H
Originally Posted by Minnesota Marty
I'm surprised the thread hasn't been locked, already.

Blame it on the Week-End.

Try Monday morning at 9:00 am EST.

HW

"Respond intelligently, even to unintelligent treatment."
-Lao Tzu
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
OK. The name calling and the personal attacks stop right here and now. I am simply amazed how grown men can act like such children. If I were a customer and saw your childish and immature behavior I would be looking for a new piano tech. Period. Pray your customers do not see your behavior. A simple google search will zero right in on this.

Mark Davis, I have seen inexcusable things posted by you. TOTALLY inexcusable. I don't care how offended you might have been by posts directed towards you. I was about to ban you and decided to give you another chance.

People, let's use some common sense, ok? Do you really want to take a chance on your clients coming across immature, unprofessional, and just plain childish behavior? Don't let others push your buttons. Be big enough to walk away.

I expect egos like this in some of the other forums, but many of you continue to shock me. Let me share a secret with you. I am a tech working on Hammond tonewheel organs. I have discovered certain ways to make those organs sound amazing - to the point where people have sought me out. I have worked on Bruce Springsteen's organs. In fact, when he was on his wrecking ball tour in Europe, he sent his organ home to be repaired rather than have it worked on out there.

One day I saw on a forum a post by someone asking about a problem they had with his B3's sound. I answered and told him one of my secrets to get THE sound. Immediately, several people pooh-poohed my advice, telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. Was I tempted to tell them to kiss my butt? Sure. But know what? It was their loss. I know what works and what doesn't. Why should I fight with them to get them to accept FREE advice that is actually giving away one of the secrets of my success? Short answer.. Let them wallow in their ignorance. I'll keep my secrets and get paid to do what they don't understand. MY SUCCESS DOES NOT DEPEND ON MY POSTURING ON SOME FORUM AND PLAYING MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.. My success rests on the results of my work.

So if someone does not agree with you, let it go. Is there some prize for proving you're right? Not even from the Nigerian lottery...

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer

Silver Supporter until December 19, 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until December 19, 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Last edited by bkw58; 05/09/14 09:38 PM. Reason: .

Bob W.
Piano Technician (Retired since 2006)
Conway, Arkansas
www.pianotechno.blogspot.com
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ken Knapp
OK. The name calling and the personal attacks stop right here and now. I am simply amazed how grown men can act like such children. If I were a customer and saw your childish and immature behavior I would be looking for a new piano tech. Period. Pray your customers do not see your behavior. A simple google search will zero right in on this.

Mark Davis, I have seen inexcusable things posted by you. TOTALLY inexcusable. I don't care how offended you might have been by posts directed towards you. I was about to ban you and decided to give you another chance.

People, let's use some common sense, ok? Do you really want to take a chance on your clients coming across immature, unprofessional, and just plain childish behavior? Don't let others push your buttons. Be big enough to walk away.

I expect egos like this in some of the other forums, but many of you continue to shock me. Let me share a secret with you. I am a tech working on Hammond tonewheel organs. I have discovered certain ways to make those organs sound amazing - to the point where people have sought me out. I have worked on Bruce Springsteen's organs. In fact, when he was on his wrecking ball tour in Europe, he sent his organ home to be repaired rather than have it worked on out there.

One day I saw on a forum a post by someone asking about a problem they had with his B3's sound. I answered and told him one of my secrets to get THE sound. Immediately, several people pooh-poohed my advice, telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. Was I tempted to tell them to kiss my butt? Sure. But know what? It was their loss. I know what works and what doesn't. Why should I fight with them to get them to accept FREE advice that is actually giving away one of the secrets of my success? Short answer.. Let them wallow in their ignorance. I'll keep my secrets and get paid to do what they don't understand. MY SUCCESS DOES NOT DEPEND ON MY POSTURING ON SOME FORUM AND PLAYING MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.. My success rests on the results of my work.

So if someone does not agree with you, let it go. Is there some prize for proving you're right? Not even from the Nigerian lottery...

Thank you!!! You rock Mr. Knapp.

Jean Poulin

Musician, Tuner and Technician

www.actionpiano.ca
Yes, thank you!

Lucas Brookins, RPT
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I see that Mark Davis has edited and erased his posts. In particular the one below:

Originally Posted by Mark Davis
Blah, blah, blah, blah

The problem with you Rafael, is that you are unreasonable. This is a sure blot on your character, and it is being proven here on PW.

Such for Mexicans!

What religion are you, by the way, Roman Catholic by any chance?

What a coward you are! You have edited that post and have erased some other posts of yours in an attempt to hide your deplorable conduct from the moderators of this forum.

Yes, as I told you I have notified about your racist and discriminating post to the moderator and I have also sent a PM to Frank and that is not all, I have mmade a screenshot of your post!

And of course I am going ro send this foto to Frank.

I will go as far as it will be necessary to reveal the kind of coward you are!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
OK, Gadzar, those things said to you were not right. But when I said walk away from it I meant EVERYONE.

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
The popcorn is ready.

Marty in Minnesota

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission