Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
112 registered (Anita Potter, 36251, Aspirant, anotherscott, Artur Gajewski, 39 invisible), 1438 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#2276818 - 05/16/14 01:28 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
outo Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Finland
44. wimpiano - Telemann - Fantasia in E Minor

Oh dear, I only listened to your recording twice and the piece already became an ear worm...I couldn't help singing it in the shower grin

This type of music is harder to play than it seems. All tiny mistakes are so obvious...The most difficult thing for me is to keep up the right level of concentration for the whole piece...I never imagined how much practice it would take me to get my piece even to the level it is now, still far from perfect.

So good work! Won't need much more work to get it really smooth and up the tempo a bit. You play very musically.

I don't know if you sing, but I find it most useful to sing the music I am learning, so that I won't forget the musical ideas while working on the technical difficulties. And one should remember to "breath" and no matter how fast one is going, one should never feel like rushing... and that's difficult for me, I tend to rush in whatever I do grin

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2276827 - 05/16/14 01:52 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: ShiroKuro]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: ShiroKuro

Sam, thanks for listening and commenting. "taking everything but the melody done a notch" is basically the hardest thing to do in this piece, for me anyway. I still haven't heard Lisitsa's recording beyond the sample on Amazon, but I think she plays it a lot faster. I'm not intersted in that faster tempo (I like Nyman's original tempo), but i would like be able to have more precise articulation. Some day maybe.

I have Lisitsa's recording... and it's exactly 2:58 like yours! Ha! I think you did a wonderful job on this piece.

#2276847 - 05/16/14 04:14 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wimpiano Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
@Ataru074 Thanks!

@jotur Thanks, I also like the era a lot, must admit though that it was a piece I had to play because my teacher asked.

@outo blush Thanks! I did my very best not to rush, actually slowed down intentionally twice. It still needs quite some work and it's obvious that I'm really an early beginner with little time under my hands. Still, I do enjoy it a lot. My wife hum's the music without knowing that it is the piece I played, makes me smile.

I do like the other pieces a lot and will take my time this weekend to go over them, not that I'm in the position to provide feedback but I want to share with you that I enjoy your music.

#2276853 - 05/16/14 05:03 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
28. ajames - Just a Day Away - ajames, this is wonderful. This is the first time I'm listening a piece of Crosland, and I was captivated by this right from the first note, because I love this type of music too. Also, it's very impressive you've been playing less than a year. Looking forward to listen more from you. Congratulations.

44. wimpiano - Telemann - Fantasia in E Minor - Congratulations on your first submission! Although I am not an expert in this kind of music, I think you did a very clean and pleasant to listen work. Well done!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2276856 - 05/16/14 05:17 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
24. Mar_red - Love Story - Wow, Mar_red, this is truly wonderful. You have a complete domain of the keyboard and a beautiful and clever touch for harmony and rhythm with great presence for the melody. Realy good!

50. Valencia - Sonata Op. 109 3rd mvt -Theme only!! - Valencia, I'm glade you managed to submit this. I love your theme. Nice tempo and even rhythm throughout it. Very nice!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2276857 - 05/16/14 05:19 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
02. Whizbang (Chris) - Milonga del Angel
It's really beautiful and well played. Thanks for providing the description and introducing me to this composer.

#2276865 - 05/16/14 06:04 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
03. ShiroKuro - Big My Secret
Nice job capturing the mood of this piece.

04. Anne H - Discovery At Night
I listen to this kind of music quite often but haven't heard much Einaudi. I like your performance and your piano sounds great!

#2276869 - 05/16/14 06:48 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Pathbreaker]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
Ok, here goes the first bakers dozen, nice work all!!:

01. dynamobt/Marilyn - Wow, this has to take some concentration to pull off ... nice work you two!!

02. Whizbang (Chris) - This one set the bar way up there, love the mysterious Latin flavor of this tune ... very well done!!

03. ShiroKuro - That was a long week and a lot of ink but it turned out well ... good job.

04. Anne H - Jeepers ...you, the piano and the studio make a wonderful team! I think this tune would work well even at a slower tempo, well played!!

05. wouter79 - You're not into using your ears in your blues work yet, but you're really a pretty good classical pianist already, nice work!

06. Jazzwee - I don't understand jazz yet, but you're helping the effort ... thanks and well done!

07. AZ_Astro - I'm not familiar with this tune but love the relaxed way you played it!

08. 8 Octaves - Loved the flow ... nice work!

09. SwissMS/Doris - Some people make piano playing look easy, you're one of them ... very nice!

10. CarlosCC - This is very good work, playing and composition. I think she would love it like I did.

11. Peyton - Love that suspense element in music, Glass must be a Hitchcock fan like me. I really enjoyed this one a lot!!

12. Greener/Jeff - Hey, I recognized another classical tune ... nice work Jeff!!

13. Riddler (Ed) - You didn't disappoint me either Ed ... well done!!

More headed your way later.

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

#2276872 - 05/16/14 07:06 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: jotur]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: jotur
47. Trapper John - Ashokan Farewell Beautiful, pastoral, full of peach and hope, even tho looking out over a battlefield.

Cathy

Cathy - did you mean peace and hope...or are you using peach in a sense with which I'm not entirely familiar? wink

Regardless, thanks

Trap

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#2276898 - 05/16/14 08:27 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: TrapperJohn]
SwissMS Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
11. Peyton - Escape What a dramatic piece! It has a sense of tension throughout it, fitting the name Escape. I love the sudden rapid arpeggiated chords in the middle. It is like danger has caught up with us. Beautifully played.

12. Greener/Jeff - Moonlight Sonata, Mvt 2 - Op. 27, No 2. I must admit, I have never heard the 2nd movement before. Nice articulation and expression.

13. Riddler (Ed) - Love Walked In I love Gershwin. This has a rich, full sound. I like your pacing and smooth delivery. Very relaxing.

14. George Schiro - Ambivalence Really nice improv. It has a hopefulness and determination about it. Really enjoyed it.

15. peterws/peter - Gymnopedies 2 & 3 Someday I have to get around to playing these. I like your chosen speed. It keeps the music moving. Very nice playing!

16. sinophilia (Diana) - In Church - Op. 39 no. 24 The tempo you chose makes it a solemn processional. I can see it passing by in my mind’s eye. You voiced the chords very well. Great job.

17. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Torna A Surriento It sounds like a dramatic, Latin love ballad. Very nicely played.

18. earlofmar - Minuet in C Minor BWV Anh 121 Bach does make you work hard. You have nice clarity in both voices in this and nice balance. Great job!

19. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Fughetta This is very much like a Bach invention, with continuous movement in both hands. Really nice balance! Each voice sings in its turn, and the pace stays steady. Great job on what sounds like a not so easy piece!

20. Newbert - New York State of Mind The melody is projected well over the accompaniment. Nice relaxed approach to the piece. I enjoyed it.

21. MaryBee - Nocturne in C minor, No. 21 Gorgeous job, MaryBee! This is a wonderful presentation, full of feeling. Now you have me wanting to learn this one too!

22. Mr Super Hunky - Everybody Hurts Ah, I love the full, rich Mason sound, and your full arrangements do it credit. This sounds like you were enjoying the reunion with the Mason. Beautifully played!

European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#2276926 - 05/16/14 09:37 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

02. Whizbang/Chris
piece:Astor Piazzolla: Milonga del Angel
technical:
clipping: no
balance L/R: ok
noise: no
bass: little. Either the piano can't handle this or the mic does not pick it up. As you are using a Zoom H4, I assume it's the piano.
depth of field: ok
piano sound: fair. It can't handle the bass needed for this piece. The plus here is that you can make lots of noise in the bass without overwhelming the treble. The treble IMHO sounds too harsh at many places, Now that you have it all down, I suggest rent a studio with a smooth 7+ footer and give it a try :-)
musical:
I'm in no way a tango expert, so take this with some salt...
overall impression, like: Sounds super, very well done. Great timing. Phrasing is nice. nice figurations. Best rubato is in the first part. The section where the bass sets in around 5:20 is great, maybe just because the harsh bass and treble.
Some nitpicking. for me your extrovert expressions are a bit surprising for a tango, usually (for what I have heard) this music a lot more 'laid back' - usually the emotions are there but expressed more veiled At the very end it shows here that you can play a lot softer than what you do at most places. Maybe take some of this into the other sections? Particularly the start, but also around 3:00, the treble sounds quite agressive already. Maybe you are trying to make the treble sing better and longer by this but the piano does not respond so nice. Also I'd like to see a tad more rubato in the right hand at some places.
Phrasing: nice
rubato, speed changes: on some places great, on some places I would like a little more freedom for rubato in the right hand. Particularly further on in the piece the RH seems to get more strict to the rythm.
Dynamics: Yes nice loud-soft contrasts. It's just unfortunate that the piano gets too harsh when you get a bit louder.
articulation: Seems you use a lot of pedal but it fits the music.

#2276939 - 05/16/14 10:23 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
torquenale Offline

Thanks to all the contributors and especially to the persons who take care of the recital - from the idea to the medals! You are a great team!

I started listening from the end, so here my first batch of comments (it will take a while to complete, I'm sooo slow).

50. Valencia - Sonata Op. 109 3rd mvt -Theme only!! I'm happy I started from the end because this is really beautiful! It's time I listen again the whole sonata. Well chosen and well played, thank you!

49. Pathbreaker (Tarik) - Op. 118 Intermezzo 1 & 2 It takes good stamina to records two longish pieces in one take. Congratulations because you are a sensitive player and you chose great pieces.

48. Richard (zrtf90) - Waltz in D flat, Op. 64 No. 1 You made me want to dance! I was not familiar with this waltz, but I enjoyed it and your playing.

47. TrapperJohn - Ashokan Farewell very nice and sad piece; being in Italy i don't know the series it was used for. Very well done!

46. rerun - Tipitina 5 14 14 another nice piece completely new to me. I'm always impressed when something is played by ear, so my compliments!

44. wimpiano - Telemann - Fantasia in E Minor this is the proof that beautiful music does not need to be difficult; this is a really lovely tune, and well played!

43. Jazztpt (Russ) - Pictures original music is another thing that never fails to impress me, and your piece is great. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

42. carlos88 - From a sketchbook (D'un cahier d'esquisses) I'm amazed by the level of music in this recital; the piece you choose is peaceful and sophisticated and very well played!

41. Andy Platt - Romanian Folk Dances, Sz. 56 I love Bartok piano music, and these dances are no exception; I like the exotic rhythms and harmonies, and I would like to play them one day. Some of the dances are usually heard a bit faster, but your rendition makes them justice anyway. My compliments!

#2276967 - 05/16/14 11:31 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
TJ - isn't it Italian for peace? Isn't that what the Pope says? Peach be with you?

Maybe not -

Cathy

#2277012 - 05/16/14 01:03 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: jotur]
casinitaly Online   blank

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Originally Posted By: jotur
TJ - isn't it Italian for peace? Isn't that what the Pope says? Peach be with you?

Maybe not -

Cathy

I think I can clarify: pace (pronounced pah-cheh, where the "ch" sounds like the Ch in Church.
smile

Anyway TJ, though I haven't heard it yet I'm sure it is a peach of a piece smile

#2277035 - 05/16/14 01:55 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

casinitaly - thanks so much for clearing this up. TJ had made me think maybe I'd made a mistake! smile

36. Ohio Mark - Beach Buggy Boogie Good luck in your recital - this should be a hit! It's sassy, and you did a great job.

37. Monica K. - Scarborough Fair This was terrific - your interpretive skills keep growing by leaps and bounds. The dynamics, the differences in touch, the phrasing, all of it. I loved this.

20. Newbert - New York State of Mind Very classy! I like how confidently you play, each note "fitting" the piece. Well done.

07. Az_Astro - Seventh Street Blues I liked this a lot, the little blue phrases and notes. Yours was such a wistful perormance. Very nice.

02. Whizbang (Chris) - Milonga del Angel This is really evocative music - music to muse by. You played this really well - excellent interpretation and technical skills. I didn't know what to expect, but I liked it.

Cathy

#2277044 - 05/16/14 02:24 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: torquenale]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: torquenale

47. TrapperJohn - Ashokan Farewell very nice and sad piece; being in Italy i don't know the series it was used for. Very well done!

Thanks much torquenale for your kind comments - and I'm not too surprised that a documentary about the American Civil War, no matter how well done and perhaps universally instructive, was not shown in Italy, etc. (or was it, but just simply not seen by you for one or more reasons?)...

Edited by TrapperJohn (05/16/14 02:25 PM)

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#2277059 - 05/16/14 02:47 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
joangolfing Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Iowa
31. Sam S - Suite from the Victorian Kitchen Garden - Prelude and Summer - Clarinet and Piano
Sam and Laurie, what a surprise to hear you playing clarinet with piano accompaniement. I enjoyed your selection immensely. Laurie your Buffet clarinet sounds heavenly. The Suite from Victorian Kitchen Garden was lively and fun. I also play clarinet that I returned to playing about 5 years ago. I have a new Leblanc Noblet 40 clarinet. I just ordered a copy of this piece today. I would love to be able to play both parts together some time. The piano part sounds quite difficult but I will give it a try. The clarinet part will be fun to learn.

I have a recommendation for the two of you. Are you familiar with Gerald Finzi's "Five Bagatelles", Op. 23 for Clarinet and Piano. Also Finzi's Clarinet Concerto, Op. 31 is beautiful.

Would you consider putting all 5 parts of the VKG out on You tube?

#2277088 - 05/16/14 03:51 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
My! The standard is high . . .Bit like when you walk round town . . .everybody`s getting younger, you stay the same . . .

Here`s Baker Peter`s dozen. There was only eleven high quality items. Then I saw Greener`s offering. Had to bite . .

1 Dynamobt

This had strength and purpose. Now, with two determined females behind it, no way could it fail to deliver. It did; you did. This is no short piece; it sounded rich and gorgeous. Lovely work!

2 Whizzbang

Wonderful tune. loved the jazzy wistful feel you gave it; this was perfect to my ears; great ending!

3 ShiroKuro

This is involved and has a lot going for it. You are in a good place. I enjoyed the intricacies you gave it and the subsequent expression. Well done!

4 Anne H

What a marvellous sound! I like Einaudi`s chords but have never been a fan. Soetimes think a melody line could be written over the top of his stuff. I appreciated what you did; it had a beauty of it`s own and was full of atmosphere. Reminded me of "Pure Shores" by All Saints . . .Lovely work.

5 Wouter 79

You always deliver with panache. This sounds glorious; I can see why so many never depart from classics. I played "Traumerei" when I took lessons 50 years ago. Man, it`s not the stuff for 15yo lads!

6 Jazzwee

What you do here is bright and effervescent; never stops in one place! You put a smile on everyone`s gace here, I`m sure. Were there any of those 88 keys you didn`t hit? smile

7 AZ AStro

A laid back bluesy piece. You`re coming along well; it`s refreshing to see other genres creeping in all the time here. This sounded a real treat; well done!

8 8 Octaves

Good fluidity on a modern sounding piece. This could be a multi instrumental imo. Like so many, this is the first time of hearing and I liked it a lot.

9 Swiss MS

You have an accurate playing style which tolerates no short cuts! This was a good exercise well executed. You sound like you have a fine teacher . . .

10 Carlos CC

A sad piece with grieving undertones; truly a hard place to be. I was in a similar place a few years ago; time does make a difference. But I think my dad was grieving more for those he left behind . .

11 Peyton

Dramatic film type score in a "Tolling Bell" sort of way. Like refugees fleeing from a war zone. You play with conviction.

12 Greener

I love this piece. It`s the go between in Beethoven`s moods. First mvt - Gloomy, glowering.(bad tempered ole sod) 3rd mvt - Angry and violent. 2nd mvt - Happy. As in a child, skipping on her birthday . . .strange stuff indeed! But perfectly in balance. The second movement is one I`ve tried. It doesn`t come easy to my fingers in the key it`s written in. So for me it remains on my "to do" list. You`ve done it, and done it well. I am jealous! But inspired too. Very well done, and thanks for the kick up the . . . . !!

Have fun everyone. Thank you all for that; it was great and is what this forum`s about imo.

""

#2277106 - 05/16/14 04:17 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: joangolfing]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: joangolfing
31. Sam S - Suite from the Victorian Kitchen Garden - Prelude and Summer - Clarinet and Piano
Sam and Laurie, what a surprise to hear you playing clarinet with piano accompaniement. I enjoyed your selection immensely. Laurie your Buffet clarinet sounds heavenly. The Suite from Victorian Kitchen Garden was lively and fun. I also play clarinet that I returned to playing about 5 years ago. I have a new Leblanc Noblet 40 clarinet. I just ordered a copy of this piece today. I would love to be able to play both parts together some time. The piano part sounds quite difficult but I will give it a try. The clarinet part will be fun to learn.

I have a recommendation for the two of you. Are you familiar with Gerald Finzi's "Five Bagatelles", Op. 23 for Clarinet and Piano. Also Finzi's Clarinet Concerto, Op. 31 is beautiful.

Would you consider putting all 5 parts of the VKG out on You tube?

Thanks for the kind words - glad you liked it. Laurie bought that clarinet back in 1970, so it's in need of an overhaul...

Actually, she is working on the Finzi bagatelles now. But the piano part is beyond me, at least not without several months of practice on it. Maybe next year.

I've looked at the other pieces from the Victorian Suite, but, they are harder for the piano :-)

Sam

#2277112 - 05/16/14 04:37 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

09. SwissMS/Doris - Sonatina Lovely! I love the transitions - from RH to LH, quiet to forte, lyrical to busy. all your focus and attention and caring really comes thru in this and your playing. Beautifully played.

13. Riddler - Love Walked In Oh, wonderful and lush. Some day I'll tackle Gershwin, but you really understand this work.

41. Andy Platt - Romanian Folk Dances Oh, yes, dances! I liked these and I haven't been partial to Bartok in the past. But you really brought them to a real, grounded, music-of-the-folks place. I thought the contrasts were great. Very well played. Thank you.

43. Jazztpt (Russ) - Pictures Oh, I like this very much. The energy is really upbeat and vigorous, a big piece of life.

46. rerun - Tipitina Peanut butter crackers sound good right now. What a cool piece, "cool" in a jazz sense - laid back, rolling, a little gospel sound to it, too. Good stuff.

Cathy

#2277119 - 05/16/14 04:59 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Online   blank

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

And my second batch - what a way to end the day! Over and over and over I'm just blown away by the beautiful music our members are able to perform so sweetly.

11. Peyton - Escape I had my first intoduction to Glass in one of the themed recitals - and I don't think I've heard any more til today. I really liked this - there was a mysterious "other world" quality to it - very soothing, a little mysterious - and I was really impressed with the range of tones you expressed as you played - those sparkling "twinkling" patterns, the deep purr of the base, the delicacy of the melody - a lovely piece to listen to as I wind down my day. Bravo!

12. Greener/Jeff - Moonlight Sonata, Mvt 2 - Op. 27, No 2. You're quite right, this is no where near as famous as the other movements. A pity as it has its own charm and is certainly worth a listen! There's a very particular rhythm to it which gives it a very light, spirited feel. Charming performance!

13. Riddler (Ed) - Love Walked In Ed, you've done a lovely job on this one - really nice rolling passages, and you've caught the flavour of the piece and the period really well. A pleasure to sit back and relax with this!

14. George Schiro - Ambivalence Mood music. I was wondering what the mood would be - a dancing mood to start with - Interesting contrast with the left and right hand, the left seems a little melancholy and the right much more cheerful. I like the motif that flows through the piece - it was a pleasure to listen to this - congratulations on both the composition and the performance!

15. peterws/peter - Gymnopedies 2 & 3 Peter, these pieces are quite fascinating. Another composer that I met through the themed recitals - I tried playing some of them and though they look simple at first glance, one soon finds out that they are anything but. You've really demonstrated that you've got a tremendous range of skill in working with different styles and periods of music - it seems you can pick up anything and do well with it! My hat is off to you - thanks for the listening pleasure!

16. sinophilia (Diana) - In Church - Op. 39 no. 24 Very nicely done - you're really making great strides in a short time. Your playing seems much more confident and controlled, with a greater range of nuance. I think your tempo was just fine.

17. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Torna A Surriento Ah, a golden oldie from the south end of the boot - I've heard this played at different speeds - your really makes the "nostalgia" (homesickness) come through - you've caught the passion and the whistful longing - lovely little rippling notes throughout. Good job!

18. earlofmar - Minuet in C Minor BWV Anh 121 Bach. I love Bach, can't get enough. Great handling of the voices dynamics. I can definitely see your dancers moving gracefully with the music. This is really excellent for 18 months of playing - I'm impressed! Congrats on a very nice performance indeed!

20. Newbert - New York State of Mind I'm a big Billy Joel fan too. For some reason I seem to be hearing a lot of different versions of this piece in the last few months. Looks like you're really getting back into the swing of playing after your long hiatus. The chorus was particularly well done, full voiced and full of energy. I enjoyed your performance.

21. MaryBee - Nocturne in C minor, No. 21 Chopin - sigh - magical. Each and every performance I hear from you recently is better than the last - this was utterly charming. I was completely swept away with it. A performance to truly be proud of. I will go to bed with this music in my head and feel sure that sweet dreams will follow. Complimenti!!!

#2277224 - 05/16/14 08:38 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

19. casinitaly - Fughetta How delightful! Altho, to me, it sounds hard. I thought you did really well with the intertwining, clear and bell-like. And the little ornament at the end was perfect.

22. Mr Super Hunky - Everybody Hurts Wow, you just keep getting better and better and more sophisticated, in phrasing, in dynamics, in lushness. This was terrific.

31. Sam S - Suite fr Victorian Kitchen Garden
I loved this. You guys had a great balance between the piano and the clarinet - really listening to each other. I want your album smile

06. jazzwee - ATTYA improv I like the way my foot still tapped thru it. You rock, jazzwee.

11. Peyton - Escape
This was entrancing and intense by turns. Background for a post-apocalypse move. Very cool, and the perfect interpretation.

Cathy

#2277237 - 05/16/14 09:21 PM Recital Icon? [Re: AB Forum Recital]
piano_primo_1 Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh,PA
They were all SUPERB . Especially if you didn't edit .
So...and this is important,
Do we all get a recital icon for our signature?

#2277240 - 05/16/14 09:27 PM Re: Recital Icon? [Re: piano_primo_1]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: piano_primo_1

Yes, they will be posted usually within a few days of the recital opening

#2277241 - 05/16/14 09:28 PM Re: Recital Icon? [Re: piano_primo_1]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: piano_primo_1

Sure, include something like this in your signature:

Code:
[img]/ABF_Medals/1medal.jpg[/img]

After the first it would be 2medals.jpg and after 9 it's 10xmedals.jpg and so on.

Kawai K3

#2277267 - 05/16/14 10:51 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
piano_primo_1 Offline

I made one -hope that's ok with a date , if anyone wants to use it, it's here ,

icon

#2277282 - 05/16/14 11:43 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
A few more, this is a really nice way to end the day!!

08. 8 Octaves - When River Flowed on Mars
8 Octaves, I have never heard this piece before, but it's lovely!

09. SwissMS/Doris - Sonatina in C Major Opus 20 #1 1st Movement
Very nice! It's like you put a lot of work into this piece. I look forward to hearing your Rondo! smile

10. CarlosCC - Quietness
Carlos, thank you for sharing this very personal musical story with us. The music you've made here is beautiful and poignant, and I'm sure we're not the only ones listening to it and enjoying it.

11. Peyton - Escape (to do)
Wow, very impressive. You play with such control and really bring out all the elements of Glass really nicely. Your piano sounds fantastic as well. I'm looking forward to hearing a longer Glass piece from you next time!

12. Greener/Jeff - Moonlight Sonata, Mvt 2 - Op. 27, No 2.
I agree, this movement doesn't get nearly as much attention as it deserves. I really enjoyed your playing of it!

13. Riddler (Ed) - Love Walked In I'm not actually all that familiar with this piece, but your playing sounds great!

14. George Schiro - Ambivalence I'm curious why you titled this Ambivalence, your playing certainly isn't ambivalent, which I mean as a compliment of course! smile

#2277284 - 05/16/14 11:44 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
ShiroKuro Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: not in Japan anymore
Sinophilia, thanks for the compliment! Now I guess I shouldn't be afraid to listen to the rest of Lisitsa's version, the sample I heard just sounded too fast to me. I bet she plays with a lot more rubato than I am able to.

Pathbreaker, thanks for listening! Capturing the mood is always challenging!

Rerun, thanks!

Peterws, thanks for listening and for the compliment!

#2277286 - 05/16/14 11:56 PM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
piano_primo_1 Offline

I don't know why , but this recital is reminding of the movie "Flashdance".
What a feeling ......keep believing....

Cuz, I'm not a ballerina but I do like the art of ballet.
The pivotal moment in the movie is when the girl goes to her grandmother to tell her she may not try out for some kind of ballet recital , and says she isn't good enough to cut it.
Well, her grandmother's face drops, and she doesn't say a word.
The viewer is left to their own conclusion in the scene.
But it works out in the end, and even so, if not she went for it.
Or
Maybe because I'm from the Pittsburgh area , don't know. LOL

13. Riddler (Ed) - Love Walked In exact playing , deep bass? melody and impressive.

14. George Schiro - Ambivalence impressive and good recording .

15. peterws/peter - Gymnopedies 2 & 3 familiar piece and relaxing audio , well played, impressive, and calmng .

17. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Torna A Surriento Grand movie track kind-a dramatic piece. --- passionate "for sure" .

18. earlofmar - Minuet in C Minor BWV Anh 121 well played , I hear this classic style and I auto -imagine the parlors of France in the 18th century . Super. ...mind effect .

19. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Fughetta traditionally classic sound and playing- (very?) detailed.

Edited by piano_primo_1 (05/17/14 02:02 AM)
Edit Reason: add vid

#2277335 - 05/17/14 04:34 AM Re: Recital 34 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Everyone, as usual: if you want my feedback and play acoustic please give me a PM

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C?
by Pover
11/23/14 09:54 AM
100 years old and music keeps her active
by Rich Galassini
11/23/14 07:45 AM
At 100 years old, she says music keeps her well
by Rich Galassini
11/23/14 07:36 AM
Chopin waltz in E minor (Op. Posth.) or Op.70/1
by Works1
11/23/14 06:22 AM
Antique Piano
by NeoNeo78
11/23/14 03:29 AM
Forum Stats
77013 Members
42 Forums
159288 Topics
2339890 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission