Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2295775 - 06/27/14 12:31 PM Faber Graduates
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Lewes DE
In the spirit of the "Alfred Graduates" thread, I was wondering if anyone out there has graduated either Level 1 or level 2 of the Faber Accelerated Piano Adventures for the Older Beginner.

I studied under the Alfred's series over 20 years ago and passed Level one before I stopped. Starting up again about 10 months ago with my new teacher's preferred lesson books (Faber), I'm now through level 1 and am working on level 2.

And if no one out there has studied these books, well, this will be a short-lived thread shocked

2013 Yamaha C2X | 2001 Yamaha M500-F .
Current: Diabelli - Allegretto

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2295831 - 06/27/14 02:48 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
rpw Online   content

I'm currently practicing review piece (Canon) from PA for adults lvl2. Not yet a graduate, but almost there.

#2295843 - 06/27/14 03:55 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: rpw]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Do you have the spiral-bound all-in-one lesson book, or the individual lesson book? My level 2 lesson book does not have Canon.

#2295884 - 06/27/14 05:56 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
rpw Online   content

It's the individual book. Last unit introduces 16th notes followed by the three pages of Canon (in C major). I think review piece in level 1 was Greensleeves, but I'm not sure, will check later.

Here is what I'm using - http://pianoadventures.com/publications/mainLibraries/pa/adult.html

EDIT: I just realized it's the all in one book... silly me.

Edited by rpw (06/27/14 08:46 PM)

#2295920 - 06/27/14 07:39 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: rpw]
PFred Offline

I just graduated from Faber Accelerated Book One last week, working on book 2 now. I've been at it since January, I thought I'd never get to book 2.

#2295941 - 06/27/14 08:55 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: PFred]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Congrats! There is some really neat stuff in Level 2. Just curious; For each accelerated level there 4 basic books (Lesson, Performance, Theory and Technique & Artistry). Are you using just the lesson book, or some combination of the four?

#2295942 - 06/27/14 08:56 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: rpw]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: rpw
It's the individual book. Last unit introduces 16th notes followed by the three pages of Canon (in C major). I think review piece in level 1 was Greensleeves, but I'm not sure, will check later.

Here is what I'm using - http://pianoadventures.com/publications/mainLibraries/pa/adult.html

EDIT: I just realized it's the all in one book... silly me.

My brother is using the Adult book as well. The pieces are arranged slightly differently than the "Older Beginner" series that I am studying.

Both are great lesson books, however!

#2295996 - 06/27/14 11:39 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
PFred Offline

I'm using the Lesson book, Technique & Artistry and Performance, I am not using the Theory book. Perhaps I should buy that on my own to work with. I'll ask my teacher next week about it.

#2296085 - 06/28/14 08:07 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: PFred]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

I would also highly recommend the Performance book. This book has roughly 20 pieces in it, some easy, and some I find quite hard for my playing ability.

However, not only does my teacher think that passing these pieces helps me overall in my goal to finish Level 2, but there are some real "keepers" that once mastered, might become part of your long-term repertoire collection.

Best of luck!

#2300325 - 07/09/14 04:05 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
Donzo Offline

Loc: British Columbia

I finished Level 1 All-in-one (it took me about 8 months). And now I am working on Level 2. It is going much slower. I am maybe 1/3rd of the way through after 5 months. I think this is in part because many of the early pieces in Level 2 do not inspire me, and I am working on many pieces outside of the book because I'm getting enough confidence to want to play what I want to play.

One thing I have found frustrating with the Faber books is when I do find a piece that I like in the book, they often have it so truncated that it is not the full song. For example they only have the chorus of Sloop John B, but not the verse. So I feel like I'm only just getting into the song, and it ends frown I also find the theory discussion in book 2 is not as clear as book 1... probably because the theory in book 1 is so easy smile

Still, all-in-all, money well spent on these books. Looking forward to graduating from Level 2 some day.

Don

#2300344 - 07/09/14 04:49 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Donzo]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Hi Donzo;

I do agree with your comments concerning truncated pieces. In my case, although they have a nice adapted version of "The Entertainer", they are missing the famous introduction measures that really set up the piece.

Maybe at the earlier levels Faber is afraid to present "page turner" pieces in fear of freaking folks out? I know that at Level 3A Piano Adventures and beyond there are plenty of multi-page pieces.

It seems they will come.

#2300394 - 07/09/14 06:40 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
rpw Online   content

Forgot about this thread. So I poorly played Canon and finally graduated from the Faber AIO 2 few days ago. Hooray.

It took me relatively short period of time (around 10 months) to go through the two books, but I didn't practice any of the pieces until perfection. I would say the way I played during lessons often was barely acceptable (in my opinion). I guess the intention of the method books is to get the basics and probably that's why my teacher never had me stay on the same unit for more than a week or two despite my poor performances.

Although it's not necessarily related to the Faber approach, at some point I started wondering if I'm really making progress or just spending more time on more difficult pieces. Since there are no well defined requirements, it's hard to measure progress in terms other than units and pages. Hopefully this will get better with my new route.

#2300474 - 07/09/14 10:32 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: rpw]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Here is one thing I have done to try to measure progress;

I go back occasionally to older Level 1 pieces, and see how long it takes me to re-acquire them, or well I get by tricky sequences that gave me real problems several months earlier. I find it seems to be a bit easier as time goes by.

Or how about this: I now can play up and down the C, G, and F major scales without thinking much about it. Definitely not the case earlier on.

Finally, my teacher with 40 years of experience tells me I'm improving! smile

#2300533 - 07/10/14 01:12 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
rpw Online   content

Originally Posted By: BrianDX
Here is one thing I have done to try to measure progress;

I go back occasionally to older Level 1 pieces, and see how long it takes me to re-acquire them, or well I get by tricky sequences that gave me real problems several months earlier. I find it seems to be a bit easier as time goes by.

Sight reading Level 1 feels easier, still far from fluent, but not as difficult as it was at the time. Maybe I'll try to relearn something from the second book later on.

Or how about this: I now can play up and down the C, G, and F major scales without thinking much about it. Definitely not the case earlier on.

Well, I learned to play some of the major scales before I started taking lessons, so they were not a huge achievement for me. But you're right, there are things I couldn't do before.

#2300753 - 07/10/14 02:18 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
Donzo Offline

Hi Donzo;

I do agree with your comments concerning truncated pieces. In my case, although they have a nice adapted version of "The Entertainer", they are missing the famous introduction measures that really set up the piece.

Yes, I enjoyed that version of the Entertainer as it was very exciting to play such a well known piece, but I soon wanted more since what is in Faber 1 is just a fragment. I ended up finding the Lvl 5 Entertainer version on makingmusicfun.net which is quite similar to the Faber version but with the introduction and also includes the second "movement". I played that version for my 1 year recital. Its a crowd pleaser so hoped that would help my audience look past my mistakes smile

Don

#2300763 - 07/10/14 02:42 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Donzo]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Two things I've already learned after two public performances (musicales smile as my teacher refers to them by):

First, unless you are playing a very well known piece, most of the mistakes you may make they don't even hear. Second, even if they do hear a mistake, as soon as the next correct note is played they tend to forget any past wrong notes.

It turns out that it is WE the performers that are the most hard on the performance. I'm really trying to get past that before the next public performance in December.

#2301677 - 07/12/14 10:48 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Donzo]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Donzo
Yes, I enjoyed that version of the Entertainer as it was very exciting to play such a well known piece, but I soon wanted more since what is in Faber 1 is just a fragment. I ended up finding the Lvl 5 Entertainer version on makingmusicfun.net which is quite similar to the Faber version but with the introduction and also includes the second "movement".

By the way: Thanks for the tip! This website has several interesting "easier" versions of classical pieces that I will work on this summer.

#2305255 - 07/22/14 08:51 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Thought I would touch base again. Yesterday I made it to the final section of Level 2 (Key of F). Hopefully sometime next month I'll finish up this level.

I was wondering if anyone out there has experience in Level 3A or beyond? The Faber series goes up to Level 5.

I feel that I am kind of at a crossroads here. My teacher is thinking it may time to go off in a different direction (not sure what that is quite yet). I'm thinking that at least part of the time should be used to continue on with Faber. We'll see how that goes.

It's kind of a shame that there does seem to be a lot of Faber students in this forum. I know that Alfred's is very popular and there is a lot of action in those topics.

Still, it that is the way it goes I'll discontinue posting in a week or so.

#2305360 - 07/22/14 12:49 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
Donzo Offline

Yesterday I made it to the final section of Level 2 (Key of F).

Congrats!

Quote:

I feel that I am kind of at a crossroads here. My teacher is thinking it may time to go off in a different direction (not sure what that is quite yet). I'm thinking that at least part of the time should be used to continue on with Faber.

I'm in the middle of Adult book 2 all-in-one and moving very slowly because I am spending most of my time working on pieces outside of the book. But both my teacher and I agree that it is a good idea to keep chipping away at pieces that come in a logical progression.

I guess the question is what direction does your teacher think makes sense? Is it a different program, or a build-your-own-structure thing?

Here's what I think - books are cheap compared to lessons. Even if you end up not using them, getting the next book in the series seems like it is worth the risk.

Quote:

It's kind of a shame that there does seem to be a lot of Faber students in this forum. I know that Alfred's is very popular and there is a lot of action in those topics.

Still, it that is the way it goes I'll discontinue posting in a week or so.

I guess it is true that most people talk about Alfred - but this thread will be around for people to post questions on going forward... don't despair too much smile

Does anyone know why Alfred is more popular than Faber? Is it more in line with RCM or something?

Don

#2305396 - 07/22/14 01:45 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Donzo]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Just curious Donzo;

What type of pieces are you playing outside of the core lesson book?

As far as Alfred's popularity is concerned, first off it is a very good system of learning, embraced by teachers and self-learners alike.

However, I did not ultimately thrive in the Alfred's lesson books. After we hooked up with our current teacher and asked her why she only teaches from the Faber series, her explanation has mirrored my current experiences with these books after 11 months.

Keep in touch!
Brian

#2305424 - 07/22/14 02:24 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
Donzo Offline

I bought several "easy piano" books from Amazon and also search the web for easy arrangements (my teacher always cautions me that there is "a lot of junk" on the web but the stuff I bring in often surprises her that it isn't that bad).

The pieces I've been working on in the last 6 months this way were (to varying degree of polish) (this is by memory, might have missed one)
- Waltzing Matilda
- Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah
- The Entertainer
- People Aint No Good
- Hall of the Mountain King
- When somebody loved me (Toy Story 2)

Waltzing Matilda and Hallelujah (simplified) I got off some music blog. The Entertainer I used the Lvl 5 version (still simplified) off MakingMusicFun.net. I also got the version of Hall of the Mountain King from that web site (simplified again). When Somebody Loved me and People Aint No Good I got from music books (my kids are young so I'm trying to learn some disney stuff). I really enjoy the simpler Disney songs but the timing is often quite varying (lots of syncopation) and my teacher is a stickler for doing that right, which often makes me not bring those songs to her anymore wink People Aint No Good was too difficult for me so as a new experiment I'm working on my own simplified arrangement right now.

What I typically have on my plate is 2 pieces from Faber, one piece on my own, and some scale drills. I do practice my own selected piece more than the Faber ones - of the above, aside from People Aint No Good and When Somebody Loved me, I have them memorized and I try to refresh them once or twice a week.

Are you sticking to the book or are you mixing things up as well?

Don

#2305482 - 07/22/14 03:47 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Donzo]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Up until now I have only been playing pieces from each of the four books that makes up the Older Beginner Advanced series for each level.

I will generally be assigned two pieces from the Lesson book, one from the Performance book, a couple from the Techniques book (mostly scales and drills). I also try to keep up with the Theory book, which has mostly write-in drills, and a nice piece here and there.

I can tell you for sure that once I'm done with Level 2 there will be some outside material integrated in. How much and from where I'm not all that sure yet.

#2305675 - 07/22/14 11:16 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
rpw Online   content

I had a choice, after finishing AIO level 2, to either continue with the other Faber books (accelerated level 4, I think) or switch to the RCM materials. I decided to go with the RCM. It's dry, methodical and the difficulty on a different level, but I think this is why it appeals to me. Faber is good, but it just feels as a preparation step to something else. Maybe because almost every piece is a simplified arrangement. I don't know.

Alfred is probably just older and more popularized than the Faber series. Some digital pianos have their lessons built in or include books. So it attracts more beginners, especially those who want to learn on their own.

#2306800 - 07/25/14 02:54 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

I'm almost done with Book 1. My daughter's teacher uses it so I thought I'd stick with the same. It really helped me remember a lot that I'm forgotten and I liked the way it teaches note reading.

I am not crazy about how the songs are arranged though. I think I'm going to switch to Fundamental Keys.

#2307668 - 07/27/14 07:31 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Just to clarify; Are you studying the Adult Piano Adventures all in one book?

Thanks,
Brian.

#2307687 - 07/27/14 08:53 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
warlock214 Offline

Loc: Tennessee
I haven't graduated. Both my teachers liked the Adult Piano Adventures Level 1 all in one book.

Casio Privia PX-150
Started Playing: November 2012
Completed Unit 6, Faber's Adult Piano Adventures Book 1

#2307710 - 07/27/14 10:38 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: warlock214]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

No problem, glad to hear from you.

This is for "Graduates" and "studying to become" Graduates. Very interested in where you are in the books and what pieces you are currently working on.

#2307900 - 07/27/14 06:59 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

Just to clarify; Are you studying the Adult Piano Adventures all in one book?

Thanks,
Brian.

Oh, sorry to be confusing. Our local music store didn't have the Adult PA so I bought a copy of Accelerated PA for Older Beginner. It ends with Polovtsian Dance. I started from there and I could play it but rather badly. I've been learning violin so I remembered how to read the treble clef before I started but I was completely hopeless with the bass clef. I went through the book just to get my reading going again and it's starting to come back but very, very slowly. blush

I really like the method except for all the arranged songs. Do you think I'd enjoy using the Adult PA better?

#2307955 - 07/27/14 10:52 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

No problem. I am also using the Accelerated PA for Older Beginners as well, which IMHO works better for me personally than the other "all-in-one" books for adults

Even though I did have some lessons over 25 years ago, my teacher decided 11 months ago to start at the beginning of Level One and see how it went. It took about six months to get through the four books (yes you need to get all 4 books smile ) that make up level 1. I then started Level 2 in February (all four books again) and am progressing very nicely so far.

I do understand the concern about the arranged pieces, but the "real" versions of these pieces are far too advanced at this level. There are lots of excellent pieces in Level 2 though, plenty to keep your interest up I think.

Although it is looking ahead a bit, starting in Level 3A Faber begins to introduce original versions of some classical pieces. At level 3B and beyond, plenty more non-arranged classical, jazz, and other types of music styles.

#2307979 - 07/28/14 12:59 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

As I'm without a teacher for now, it's hard for me to decide if I am ready to move to Level 2 or if I should expand into the other Level 1 books. I can play the songs and they sound okay to me but maybe I'm missing something critical without realizing it. I'll look into getting the sight-reading and theory books.

My problem with their arranged pieces is that they seem over-arranged. Their version of Ode To Joy, for example, sounds "wrong" to me and I find myself fixing it as I play along, which is not a big deal. I know I'm a beginner in every sense of the way so I should just focus on learning and let all these little things go.

I did order the original education of Fundamental Keys but maybe I should consider using it along with Faber as DD is going to be on Faber for some time to come. She finished her first book after 5 lessons and I'm impressed by how far along she'd gotten in such a short time using Faber. smile

#2308046 - 07/28/14 08:03 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Perhaps I need to understand a bit more of your piano history.

Did you start at the beginning Level One as a true beginner, and have worked your way through the lesson book with self-study, or is it something else?

Even though the Faber books are very good for general piano education, there are numerous things i would have learned incorrectly without my teacher's help. She is probably well over 50% of the total learning experience.

I can tell you that for my case, if the basic pieces in the lesson book at the end of Level 1 are taking many hours to get the basic fingering then you may want to buy and review the technique book at the very least before moving on to Level 2.

#2308133 - 07/28/14 12:32 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
Donzo Offline

Originally Posted By: littlebirdblue
As I'm without a teacher for now, it's hard for me to decide if I am ready to move to Level 2 or if I should expand into the other Level 1 books. I can play the songs and they sound okay to me but maybe I'm missing something critical without realizing it. I'll look into getting the sight-reading and theory books.

What I found was book 1 was quite easy to skip way way ahead and not get into trouble. I had played the guitar before but had no knowledge of reading music and no knowledge of piano and found I could skip ahead to relatively "advanced" songs in book 1 and struggle through. With book 2 I'm about 1/3 of the way through and I'm realizing that if I want to do the next song, it really is a good idea to practice the drills they have first and understand what the subject of the next piece is. I.e. when the concept was "we're going to use 4th intervals this piece" its pretty brain dead & easy. But now I'm in the chord variations part and its a lot harder with out first internalizing some of their theory.

My problem with their arranged pieces is that they seem over-arranged. Their version of Ode To Joy, for example, sounds "wrong" to me and I find myself fixing it as I play along, which is not a big deal. I know I'm a beginner in every sense of the way so I should just focus on learning and let all these little things go.

Ode to Joy (like at the very beginning of book 1? We are talking All-in-one, right?) is super simple because they are just trying to get you excited about playing a familiar piece. At least that is my opinion. The timing is definitely simplified.

My teacher says that it is your obligation to always try to play music "the way it is written" first to prove you can do it and to be fair to the composer - trying it first they way they put it down for you. Then you can start modifying it as much as you like smile

My 2 cents.

Don

#2308337 - 07/28/14 11:56 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

Perhaps I need to understand a bit more of your piano history

It's a long, long story but to make it short, I took piano lessons from age 4 to 9. I tried again briefly when I was 17 before I left for college with a teacher but she didn't really know what to do with me. Back then, I still could play my childhood repertoire but I froze up in front of new music. I had an access to a crappy upright during my graduate school years but by then, I couldn't play anything except some scales.

I'm not happy with the way I'm playing but I don't know if I'm really playing badly or I'm frustrated that I sound nothing like I did when I was a child. I probably would need a teacher once I get stuck but I'm not sure when that'd happen.

Donzo, I'm doing the accelerated version for older beginners (age 11+). I do make DD play the modified versions because it forces her to read notes rather than play familiar tunes purely by ear so I do see the benefits but it's really not all that fun. I'm thinking about getting this book so I can scratch my itch for original classical pieces:

Essential Keyboard Repertoire

Edited by littlebirdblue (07/29/14 03:23 AM)

#2308395 - 07/29/14 07:35 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

I took a look at the book you mentioned. It is for an early intermediate skill level.

To give you some context, Faber Accelerated Piano Adventures for the Older Beginner (aka. FAPAOB) at Level 1 is for early to intermediate beginner level (approximately).

Level 2 which I am almost finished is for intermediate to late beginner.

I have already purchased Faber Level 3A (which from this point on is simply Piano Adventures as the two different PA lesson series merge at Level 3A). From what I can see Level 3A is late beginner to early intermediate. Therefore that book would fit somewhere into that level.

The reason I bring this up, is that for me, it is VERY important that I learn pieces in a very methodical way, so that I am not presented with a piece that is too advanced for my current skill level. With my teacher guiding me through FAPAOB I can be assured that this will not happen, so that I can slowly build my skills and confidence.

There were two basic reasons why I stopped taking lessons 25 years ago. First, my teacher moved out of the area. But second, I was spending a whole week on just one piece in the Alfred's Level two book, and eventually I got stuck and frustrated. Regardless, these are 25 years I can never get back. Don't ever make that mistake.

One example of my current progress: Last night I decided on my own to learn (not yet assigned by my teacher) the second-to-last pieces in the Lesson Book (Brahmn's Lullaby) and the Performance Book (Prelude in F). It only took me an hour to basically learn both pieces. Now, I will work on fine-tuning these pieces for weeks I suppose. But the fact that it did not take me hours and hours to basically learn the notes is a real achievement for me. And, IMHO sums up very nicely why I love the Faber books.

P.S. Although both pieces are arranged, they are versions which sound very rich and are instantly recognizable.

#2308505 - 07/29/14 12:50 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

I am four pieces away from the end of Piano Adventures Book 3A. I tried the adult books but I really didn't like them so I switched to this series, the one more aimed at children. I find it excellent. I am completely fazed by the popularity of Alfred's here. I have no idea why people are so crazy about that series. I've spoken to many teachers over the years and they all say Faber is the only way to go. So I'm really happy I stuck with this series. I started book 3A in May and
I predict I will be finished and ready to move on to the next level in September.
I do aprox. one new piece a week with a great deal of review of about four older pieces at the same time. With book 3A it sort of goes up and down.Every few pieces are quite straight-forward and then they throw one at you which is much more advanced, so it takes a bit of time to learn them..then they get easy again.
I guess that is a natural learning process. I am starting this week my first three
page piece(!). There are many two pages pieces in this book but only this one
which is three pages. I love the series. I'm not crazy about every song, but I think overall it is an excellent series...and they throw in some simplified classical style pieces which I really enjoy too.

Edited by alans (07/29/14 12:50 PM)

#2308608 - 07/29/14 04:49 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: alans]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Great to hear about your progress. Just curious; are you also using any of the other 3 supplemental books for Level 3A?

My teacher has been using all four books in each level, so combined that figures out to 250+ pages! shocked Not sure if we will keep doing that beyond Level 2.

I should be starting 3A in a couple of weeks myself.

I completely agree with your thoughts regarding Alfred's vs Faber.

#2308725 - 07/29/14 08:58 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

I tried using the supplemental material because I love the series and I thought the more the merrier. But I found I just couldn't keep up with even two books.i try and learn at least one new piece and sometimes two for the next lesson and that is a tremendous amount of work when I try and do it hands Togerther. I just don't have the time to take on more. I wish I did but it isn't possible right now.
Faber also has other books and series which are wonderful.there is the classical series which I had started and loved. I guess the general ones are lesson,performance and technique.maybe when I move onto the next level I will try the supplemental books.

#2308726 - 07/29/14 08:59 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

You said you are currently using four books. Can you list them please. I don't know what would be your fourth.

#2308736 - 07/29/14 09:59 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

DD is done with My First PA Book A and instead of moving to Book B, she's starting from the middle of the Primer level. She is on the lesson book and the TA book. I am the overbearing mother who meddles during practice time so I might as well stick to Faber for a little bit longer.

I was thinking of splitting my practice time between reviewing the basics with Faber and playing classical pieces from my previous piano life. That way, I can enjoy playing Burgmuller (I never thought I'd ever say that in my life!) and fill many gaps I have in theory and sight-reading. It's probably time to for me to get a copy of FAPAOB Level 2. smile

I agree that when I feel stuck and frustrated, it'd be time to look for a teacher.

#2308741 - 07/29/14 10:21 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

But the fact that it did not take me hours and hours to basically learn the notes is a real achievement for me. And, IMHO sums up very nicely why I love the Faber books.

That is a wonderful progress. smile

#2308749 - 07/29/14 10:32 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: alans]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: alans
You said you are currently using four books. Can you list them please. I don't know what would be your fourth.

Theory

There are also brand new books for both Level 1 and 2 for Sight Reading only. My teacher is evaluating these books to see if they would add any value to the overall experience.

#2308752 - 07/29/14 10:35 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

DD is done with My First PA Book A and instead of moving to Book B, she's starting from the middle of the Primer level. She is on the lesson book and the TA book. I am the overbearing mother who meddles during practice time so I might as well stick to Faber for a little bit longer.

I was thinking of splitting my practice time between reviewing the basics with Faber and playing classical pieces from my previous piano life. That way, I can enjoy playing Burgmuller (I never thought I'd ever say that in my life!) and fill many gaps I have in theory and sight-reading. It's probably time to for me to get a copy of FAPAOB Level 2. smile

I agree that when I feel stuck and frustrated, it'd be time to look for a teacher.

May be a dumb question: What do you mean by "DD"? Is that your daughter?

I remember the first time I felt stuck and frustrated: About 5 minutes into my first lesson wink

#2308967 - 07/30/14 02:33 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

DD = Dear Daughter smile

She's too young to be practicing on her own so it helps that I'm relearning - at least I hope so. She probably won't be able to practice truly independently until she is 6 or 7 so unless she quits, I'd be tagging along for a few years.

I was thinking about what to do about this all night. I flip-flopped a few times in my head and I decided to go with Adult All In One Book 2. I probably should add on theory and other elements from this point on and I don't think I can manage 4+ books and stay disciplined without a teacher. I polished up the last few songs from FAPAOB Level 1 last night and I feel okay about moving on.

#2309031 - 07/30/14 04:47 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

You should be in good shape here. Just a word of note: My brother has the Level 2 All-in-one book (he just started it last month). I noticed that this book basically starts where FAPAOB level 2 almost ends (but not quite).

In other words, if you go from FAPAOB level 1 to the all-in-one level 2 book, there is a gap. Not sure if this will be a problem for you; I just wanted to point this out.

Best regards,
Brian

#2309102 - 07/30/14 09:09 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

I finally found the table of content:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/halleonard-closerlook/00420242/420242-2-TOC-z.jpg

and I can see that I really didn't cover much since I only did the lesson book. I don't know if I really want to go through 160+ pages to but since the book is only $12 from Amazon, it'd probably worth having as a reference book and to pick up as much gaps as possible. Seems like I have a curriculum now for the fall semester, so to speak. Thank you for your input, Brian, you've been a big help. smile

#2309238 - 07/31/14 08:08 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Glad to be of help!

The good news is that the books are relatively cheap.

The only issue that I have with Faber is that at the beginner level there are three different paths to choose, and these paths are not completely interchangeable using their numbering system.

1) You can do the Basic PA for level 1, 2A, and 2B or;
2) Accelerated PA for Book 1 and Book 2 or;
3) Adult PA All-in-one Book 1 and 2.

For the first two series, they merge perfectly at Basic PA Levels 3A and beyond.

However, based on what I can see the end of Adult PA all-in-one Book 1 or Book 2 does not match the other two PA series, either Basic or Accelerated Adult as far as their "level" or "book" numbering.

So my advice would be to plot out your overall path through these book and either stick with Basic or Accelerated PA all the way, or stick with Adult PA All-in-one until the end of book 2, and then move over to Basic PA somewhere in the middle of Level 3A. Confusing to say the least. shocked

If you go to www.pianoadventures.com it explains this a lot better than I could.

Regardless, Faber rocks and I'm 100% with this approach.

#2309525 - 07/31/14 09:18 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

I've never looked at the Alfred books but why are they so hugely popular here?i have started to learn a piece from Per Gynt in book 3A. It is very recognizable. But almost all of the notes are with ledger lines above the staff and it's a little daunting.

#2309560 - 07/31/14 10:43 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

Brian,I'm going to stick to the Adult All-in-One. smile I'll be helping DD with the regular children's PA books so I'll be going through the process twice. That would probably be good for me.

alans, I've read that the Alfred's series for adult is more suitable for self-teaching?

DD's teacher has been teaching over 40+ years and she puts all her beginning to intermediate students on Faber but I haven't asked her why she likes Faber over other series.

My order of Fundamental Keys Piano Method has shipped so I'm curious to compare the two methods.

As for my progress, I've been practicing Arabesque by Burgmüller, which was my first childhood recital piece. I try not to think of it as being back to where I was when I was 7.

#2309682 - 08/01/14 07:36 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

littlebirdblue;

Sounds like a plan to me. I actually think Faber is more suitable for self-study IMHO.

Coming up this month: Hopefully finishing up Book Two for FAPAOB. Hopefully some new things will be introduced into my curriculum, in addition to PA Level 3A.

#2309743 - 08/01/14 09:21 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
fizikisto Online   content

Loc: Hernando, MS
LittleBirdBlue
I really like the fundamental keys method. I also think it works great as a complement to other methods like Fabers and Alfreds. I suspect that you'll find it to be useful. smile

#2309869 - 08/01/14 04:24 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

So BrianDX, you are working with four or five books for weekly lessons? Does that mean you learn one piece from each so in total you are studying four (I think you said one is theory)pieces at any given time? How do you find the books apart from
the lesson book, which is the only one I know. And can you please tell me the title of the four books you are using..I imagine one is technique, one is performance..

#2310012 - 08/01/14 09:50 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: alans]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

So BrianDX, you are working with four or five books for weekly lessons? Does that mean you learn one piece from each so in total you are studying four (I think you said one is theory)pieces at any given time? How do you find the books apart from the lesson book, which is the only one I know. And can you please tell me the title of the four books you are using..I imagine one is technique, one is performance..

The FAPAOB series for Level 1 and 2 (actually Book 1 and Book 2)consists of four books each that work together as an integrated set.

Generally each week my teacher will start with the Lesson book for the main course curriculum. The Technique/Artistry and Performance books have footnotes as to what pages they go with in the Lesson book. She will normally assign a couple of pieces from each of these books each week as well. The Theory book does have some pieces as well, but mostly deals with written exercises and self-composing.

So for example, this week I am studying F Major. The Lesson book explains the scale fingering and major chords, and then has a complete piece in F Major. The Technique/Artistry book has a short one-page exercise piece in F Major. The Performance book has a complete two page piece in F Major. The Theory book has a written exercise, as well as a simple piece with a lead sheet in F Major.

So if I spend the week studying and practicing these 8-10 pages (spread over the four books) I am getting a nice complete F Major primer.

Hope that gives you a rough idea of how the four books work together as a unit.

#2310022 - 08/01/14 11:09 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

8-10pages a week is a lot. How much time do you find you have to Practise?

#2310024 - 08/01/14 11:12 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

Randall Faber gave a talk at a music store near me this past week. I would have loved to have heard ( even lunch was thrown in and the event was free) but I just found about it today. A fellow working in the store told me the Iplace was packed with over 80 piano teachers and it was pretty wild.he said Randall is an amazing speaker and incredibly knowledgable on piano education.

#2310145 - 08/02/14 08:55 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: alans]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

8-10pages a week is a lot. How much time do you find you have to Practise?

At this stage of my life I try to practice about an hour per day on average. Some days I spend more time while learning a new piece, once in a while I'll take a day or two off, not counting times when we are out of town.

There are a couple of thing to understand about my routine. First, not all of the pieces in the 8-10 pages are difficult. Some take only a minute or two to practice. Plus, if I spend five to ten minutes per piece, that can be easily fit into one hour. Also, because I generally pass less than 50% of my pieces at my lesson in a given week, some of those 8-10 pages are repeats where I'm simply trying to perfect a piece I already know.

As I said, once in a while I spend extra time learning a new piece from scratch. This week for example, I sat down for an extra hour or two and figured out the fingering for two new compositions that had not yet assigned to me. That's how I keep my momentum going forward.

#2310307 - 08/02/14 05:01 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

Brian,

Were there specific pieces outside of Faber that you wanted to learn? Is there a piece that you wanted to learn that triggered your piano journey?

fizikisto,

Thank you for the encouragement. I hope it'd click with me. smile I can't wait to get started but book hasn't arrived yet. I'm learning without a teacher but if I manage to get back to near the end of my previous piano life, I might contact Rachel to ask about her Skype session rate. I could use some feedback. Right now, as I practice scales and Arabesque, I hear my old teacher's voice yelling at me, "Your left-hand pinky, how many times have I told you? It's TOO QUIET." Yikes.

#2310340 - 08/02/14 06:57 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

I opened up my Faber technique and performance book today, thinking I could probably sight read the opening sections. No way! They both require really careful study. Even though they match pages in the lesson book these pieces are not a breeze. So although I only have four pieces left in the lesson book, I feel I have to return to square one with the other two.

#2310398 - 08/02/14 10:07 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Brian, were there specific pieces outside of Faber that you wanted to learn? Is there a piece that you wanted to learn that triggered your piano journey?

Not really, although I would love to learn the opening 12 bars of Claire De Lune smile

Actually, I'm very interested in how the next month goes. My teacher has stated that after finishing Book 2 she will start introducing "additional material" beyond Faber.

Very much looking forward to that. After somewhat "racing ahead" to try to get from the beginning of Book 1 to the end of Book 2 within one year, it's almost time for me to chill just a bit and move forward with patience and attention. To give you an idea of how intense it is right now, I have 12 pieces left in the four books in order to graduate from this level. I'm working each night on all 12 pieces. Good grief shocked

#2310403 - 08/02/14 10:14 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: alans]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

I opened up my Faber technique and performance book today, thinking I could probably sight read the opening sections. No way! They both require really careful study. Even though they match pages in the lesson book these pieces are not a breeze. So although I only have four pieces left in the lesson book, I feel I have to return to square one with the other two.

My guess is that you will do quite well with this additional material in not a lot of additional time. Most of the material in the Book 2 series is hard for me to sight read unless I go extremely slow at first. My goal at this point is to try to learn one page pieces within a half hour to an hour, and then spend more time fine-tuning the dynamics and other details.

Understand that at this point it is very hard for me to pass a piece the first time I play it at my teacher's house. There are always things to work on, and most of the time these corrections can't be made in "real-time" during the lesson, so off I go for another week to fine-tune the piece. Hopefully at the next lesson I'll hear those magic words "very good, we're done with that piece" smile

#2311337 - 08/05/14 06:37 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

So, did you hear those magic words?

DD officially graduated My First PA Book A and started on all 4 primer books. She wanted a strawberry float to celebrate. She was high on sugar all day.

I got inspired and polished up the last few songs of Level 1 book to a recital-ready quality. I'm going to get myself a decent bottle of wine later. laugh

#2311403 - 08/05/14 10:05 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Not yet. Lesson is tomorrow evening. I'm hopeful however smile

Keep up the good work; yeah, BIG bottle of wine!

Enjoy your time with DD. We have two grown daughters who both live overseas whom we are very proud of, but miss a lot. Savor the time you have, it goes fast shocked

#2312097 - 08/06/14 08:07 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

So, did you hear those magic words?

DD officially graduated My First PA Book A and started on all 4 primer books. She wanted a strawberry float to celebrate. She was high on sugar all day.

I got inspired and polished up the last few songs of Level 1 book to a recital-ready quality. I'm going to get myself a decent bottle of wine later. laugh

Well I heard them on four pieces tonight. smile

Eight more to go to finish Level 2. Too many pieces on my plate according to my teacher. I think it's time to wind down a bit, stay focused on fewer pieces each week.

One nice thing is it appears some classical music in its original form will start to be integrated in starting next week. I'm excited about that. smile

#2312651 - 08/07/14 08:44 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

You have a good teacher. She is holding you to a standard. At the same time, she acknowledged your progress by moving you to original classical pieces. I am starting to feel limited by not having a teacher. I've actually been looking but it's hard to find someone. I think DD's piano teacher is fantastic but 1) she doesn't teach adults and 2) she has a long wait-list. She squeezed DD in but I don't think she'd do the same for me. You're very fortunate to have found your teacher.

I downloaded sample pages from Suzuku Book 1 piano accompaniment for violin and I got so frustrated trying to remember how to play A Major on piano. I really need all the help I can get. My copies of Book 2 should be coming in the mail soon. smile

#2312673 - 08/07/14 09:33 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

I'm thinking that DD's teacher may be able to recommend a colleague who teaches adults and may have space available. I know many of the teachers down here in lower Delaware network and know the teaching situations of others.

#2314303 - 08/11/14 08:05 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Tonight my teacher introduced the new Faber Sight Reading Book 2 (Accelerated Adult) into our lesson. My initial impressions were favorable. Folks might want to check it out.

Also will start Faber Piano Adventures Level 3A next week.

Edited by BrianDX (08/11/14 08:06 PM)

#2314390 - 08/12/14 05:16 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
littlebirdblue Offline

Congratulations! You've accomplished something really wonderful. smile

I got my copy of Adult All in One Book 1 and 2 today in the mail.

So I took your advance and asked my DD's teacher is she knows someone who wouldn't mind giving two lessons a month to an adult restarter. To my surprise, she is willing to accommodate me so hopefully, we can set something up by next month.

#2314417 - 08/12/14 08:05 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: littlebirdblue]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Excellent! smile

I think the combination of your past experience, work ethic, quality teaching material, and a teacher to guide you through all of it albeit on a part-time basis should be a very nice combination.

Keep us up to date when your lessons start.

#2315004 - 08/13/14 12:57 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

Book 3A of Piano Adventures has some really lovely pieces. I haven't practised
myself in weeks because I am without a teacher, but I need to start tonight again.
I have no idea what my new teacher's approach to my material will be when I start with her in two weeks.

#2315031 - 08/13/14 02:38 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: alans]
Donzo Offline

Book 3A of Piano Adventures has some really lovely pieces. I haven't practised
myself in weeks because I am without a teacher, but I need to start tonight again.
I have no idea what my new teacher's approach to my material will be when I start with her in two weeks.

Are you referring to the Popular Repetoire book? i.e. from here:
http://pianoadventures.com/publications/mainLibraries/pa/level3A.html

I was just interested in looking up the table of contents, which they do have online.

Thanks,
Don

#2316701 - 08/17/14 08:49 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

I was actually referring to the lesson book.

By the way, how long do people take for their weekly lesson? I am used to thirty minutes butvi've been advised 45 is better for a beginner.

#2316743 - 08/17/14 10:33 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: alans]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

By the way, how long do people take for their weekly lesson? I am used to thirty minutes butvi've been advised 45 is better for a beginner.

Initially our lessons were 45 minutes. Just recently we moved to one hour. Much more time for instruction, sight-reading, etc.

#2316918 - 08/18/14 12:21 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
Donzo Offline

I do 30 minutes. Luckily I'm the last student so often we go over by a few minutes. I keep it to 30 minutes because I'm there with my son and he is waiting while I have my lesson, plus its close to bed time. But I would love to have 45 or 60 minutes. Could get into more details I would expect. 30 minutes is usually just review what was worked on last week with some critique, add some new things for next week, and maybe 5 minutes if we are lucky to talk about any general theory or new topics and times up.

#2317106 - 08/18/14 09:42 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

Just finished my Practise with my beloved Faber. My last piece is battle of Jericho.
I start with a brand new teacher next week and I just hope she doesn't want to throw out this series. I was interviewing teachers online and I asked one candidate who I was really close to deciding to study with and he told me it is better to avoid Faber. I asked him which he prefers over Faber but because I didn't sign up for his lessons he never responded to me.glad I crossed him off the list.

#2317621 - 08/20/14 08:12 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

I have discussed this with my teacher as well. It turns out that I'm the only student who currently is beyond Faber Level 2.

The 8-10 students that are more advanced than Level 2 are studying outside of a basic series so to speak. They are learning specific pieces in different genres.

I told her that I prefer the structured "step-by-step" approach with Faber, and at even just Level 3A there are several new concepts and skills (e.g. odd time signatures, triplets, D Major) to be learned.

I think we will be spending about 1/2 of our time on Faber, and the other half on selected classical pieces (in their original form but at my skill level of Elementary D).

I'm thinking this should work well for me.

#2327662 - Today at 08:03 AM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Just checking in with you fellow Faber students if you are still out there in the cyber world...

#2327714 - Today at 01:31 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
Donzo Offline

Yep, still here.

I have not made a lot of progress through All-in-one book2 since my last post. I'm around Coffee Shop Boogie and Kum-ba-yah. So... less than 1/2 way through. But I have been working on a couple of songs outside of the lesson book as well. I find I spend 60% of my time working on songs outside of the book as they are pieces I"m excited about.

I also just got from Amazon the first Faber book of Christmas music, since I thought it might be time to start working on that for December. The book is roughly broken into 3rds
- super easy (mostly melody, no chords)
- C-major chord-based
- F or G-major chord based

Have only tried the super easy ones to start because I am trying to evaluate them to see if I should push them on my 8 y.o. son. I'm trying to get him to do something outside his method book. This is my first foray into getting a "repetoire" style book.

Back to All-in-one, Coffee House Boogie is a pretty neat song. I like the swing. The changes are a bit challenging for me but I'm getting it.

Don

#2327729 - Today at 02:22 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX]
alans Offline

Funny this thread should reappear just when I was planning on looking for it.i haven't touched the piano in a month and just today I started reading my Faber excercises again. I haven't had a teacher or a lesson in several months but if things work out I will be starting again this week. As I am at the midway point of book three A I thought I would be finished by September but there is no way now. I think I will beon this level until close to the end of this year which is fine. Tonight I am going to start to look at the supplementary books for my level.

#2327734 - Today at 02:34 PM Re: Faber Graduates [Re: alans]
BrianDX Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Nice to hear from you folks. All we need now is littlebirdblue, rpw, and PFred to chime in and everyone will be accounted for. smile

I've spent a month at Level 3A and the pieces are getting a bit harder. However, in typical Faber fashion this new material is presented in a logical, manageable way.

Where things really get a bit hairy is toward the end of this level. I took a quick peek at Level 3B and this is a whole new set of challenges. I'm hoping the Faber approach still holds up at that point.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baby Grand new Hammer Knuckles.
by OscarL
09/15/14 08:30 PM
WEIRDEST passage in Chopin?
by Mark_C
09/15/14 08:16 PM
Cleaning my piano.
by pianosNpreschooler
09/15/14 07:24 PM
1981 SCHIMMEL GRAND
by mellie62
09/15/14 07:14 PM
Wholesale price for piano dealer?
by dcnm50
09/15/14 07:01 PM
Who's Online
122 registered (A Guy, 36251, ando, ajames, accordeur, 36 invisible), 1319 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76209 Members
42 Forums
157549 Topics
2314095 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission