Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2299452 - 07/07/14 10:04 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
More from Fernando (set#2)

:: casinitaly

:: Greener - No, he's not singing smile Greener is telling a story about one of his pieces.

:: patH

:: Joana (CarlosCC's daughter)

More later!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#2299457 - 07/07/14 10:14 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
BB Player Offline

Loc: Not in Texas
Wow! What fun!

Great pictures too. It appears this one sets the bar way high for any future piano parties.

Great job organizing and hosting Carlos. It obviously took an enormous amount of work and from the smiles on everyones faces it certainly appears a good time was had by all!

#2299461 - 07/07/14 10:25 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
It looks great! Cheryl and Doris I miss you guys. I wish I could get out there someday again. Love the way Europeans can go to other countries so easily! It's almost like going to different states here.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2299469 - 07/07/14 10:50 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
The "portraits" are great. I love that sly look on casinitaly's face - did she have to moderate you guys?

CarlosCC - your daughter is beautiful - takes after her mom, eh?

What a nice set of photos.

Cathy

#2299498 - 07/07/14 12:39 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
It looks like it was a grand time. Congrats Carlos for a well planned party, very elegant while retaining a casual air. I have seen enough of good pictures now that I would recognize most of you on sight am I ever fortunate enough to attend one of these parties across the pond. I also very much enjoyed the pictures of the city and landmarks.

I am sooo looking forward to hearing the performance recordings. Everyone looks so happy. Just lovely really! 3hearts

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2299575 - 07/07/14 04:16 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: jotur]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana
Quote:
CarlosCC - your daughter is beautiful ...

And what a smile!! Really have enjoyed this thread/pics Carlos ... nice work putting it together!!

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

#2299587 - 07/07/14 04:44 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
torquenale Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi! I'm in Algarve now, enjoying the wonderful sandy beaches and great food (I've just eaten sardinha assada....mmmmmm).
I will not be able to edit my pictures and upload something for the next ten days, but for the moment I want to thank Carlos and his fantastic family for having organised such a perfect EPP. Your hospitality is wonderful!
And thanks to all the other participants for having made it a very special day!

#2299603 - 07/07/14 05:21 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: torquenale]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
The consensus is in.....

What a nice looking group of Pianists!

Congrats to all the EPP'ers...looks like it was a very successful event. Keep this up you guys and you will start dragging people in from all over the planet.

Great job CarlosCC! The venue looks perfect, and I'm really interested to hear more about that piano.

Estonia L190 #7284

#2299635 - 07/07/14 07:34 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

SwissMS, BB Player, jotur and FarmGirl - Thanks for your kind words!

Ragdoll- I'm afraid there are not too many videos... we were enjoying so much the party that we forgot to record most of the players...

jotur, Rerun - Joana loved your comments smile Me too! Thanks!

torquenale - Have a nice vacations in Algarve thumb

JimF - Thanks! What do you want to know about the piano...?

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2299636 - 07/07/14 07:35 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: JimF]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
Just realized: A few of my pictures aren't that bad after all.
Here are a few.

Lisbon, seen from Castle S.Jorge

Castle S.Jorge, seen from Lisbon

Drawing in subway station (lots of famous people; unfortunately, I don't know who the pianist is)

#2299638 - 07/07/14 07:50 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: patH]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: patH

Drawing in subway station (lots of famous people; unfortunately, I don't know who the pianist is)

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing patH!

The pianist is Maria Joo Pires, a brilliant Portuguese pianist.
"Gramophone selected her recordings of the Chopin nocturnes as the best version available"
Here is some additional info: Wikipedia: Maria Joo Pires

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2299650 - 07/07/14 08:33 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
musdan Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi Pat - if only NYC Subway stations were as nice - they are trying.

Carlos, you know how to give a party - everyone looks so happy and enjoying their time together.

All of you will have so many happy memories. Love the pictures.

#2299678 - 07/07/14 11:04 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Wow, what a great thread. Carlos, your the man! I mean handmade drawings for all the guests... who does that? That's incredible.

It looks like the combination of great attendees along with a lot of thoughtful planning really paid off.

I agree with BB Player that it will be very difficult to top the 2014 EPP, but I look at it as an incredible incentive for more to come.

I loved all the pics and stories. Great stuff from you guys.

#2299686 - 07/07/14 11:54 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
musdan Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Carlos I'd love to hear Maria Joao Pires play - maybe she'll perform in NY soon.

I agree with Mr. Super-Hunky and all the other Posters - good show.

#2299695 - 07/08/14 12:37 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: california
I don't ever remember seeing pictures like this of a piano party on Piano World. You feel like you're there! What a gift CarlosCC gave to the members who were lucky enough to attend. I look forward to hearing the audio portion.

If Cas ever hosts a party in Rome, please let me know. I traveled from Germany to Italy once, made it to Florence and Venice but ran out of money as soon as I got to Rome and had to wire my parents for money and go home. I always promised myself I'd go back some day.

Edited by Starr Keys (07/08/14 12:40 AM)

#2299723 - 07/08/14 03:35 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Loc: England, South East
Ok so I managed to login on the mobile, still in Lisbon at the moment myself and I have to say I'm really going to miss being here, from the get go Carlos met us at the airport and ensured everyone was happy and knew where they needed to be.
The other members were very supportive and helpful in every aspect of the trip from getting around to playing a few pieces on the piano, I really can't thank you all enough you have been great and it was a pleasure meting you all!

The party was brilliant, Carlos and Ana really did go that step further to make it a trip to remember, as most of you have seen from the pictures shared so far, there were many happy folks lots of smiles and a good few laughs too I want to thank carlos and Ana for everything they have done it has been great fun and everyone really enjoyed it.

As for me I'm going to visit Sintra today thanks to some recommendations, and I'll be sure to get some pics too.
As shown on previous pictures Ana and Carlos had a few surprises for us all from the cake to the gift bags and more but for me it doesn't end there, Carlos and Ana went one step further to really make this a trip to remember!

I'd love to explain and give pics but at the time my phone had died and i have no external camera, however Carlos has a few pics and should be able to give an explanation for you all.

The location was great, the people were great and I really couldn't have asked for a better first trip, so again thank you all so much, its been amazing and truly an adventure I'll not soon forget smile

#2299726 - 07/08/14 03:47 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
We got home quite late last night, and I'll upload some pics today - I am not at all sure what I've got that is different from everything already posted but we'll see!

Carlos, again - thanks a million - the work you went to in bringing this off so beautifully is greatly appreciated by one and all!

Just as a note, I'd be happy to host an Italian EPP, but as I live near Milan, I'm not likely to host a party in Rome smile

#2299751 - 07/08/14 05:49 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

musdan, Mr Super-Hunky - Thanks for your kind words. Believe me, it was a pleasure to organize this event and we (me and Ana) are very happy that everyone enjoy it. And thank you to everyone who made the trip to be with us in Lisbon.

Starr Keys - Thanks. As I said above, I have some few videos to post, but I've to choose some more pictures to publish first.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2299754 - 07/08/14 06:15 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

casinitaly - Thank you, again! Looking forward to see your pictures and read your stories.

Originally Posted By: UKIkarus
(...)As for me I'm going to visit Sintra today thanks to some recommendations, and I'll be sure to get some pics too.
As shown on previous pictures Ana and Carlos had a few surprises for us all from the cake to the gift bags and more but for me it doesn't end there, Carlos and Ana went one step further to really make this a trip to remember!
I'd love to explain and give pics but at the time my phone had died and i have no external camera, however Carlos has a few pics and should be able to give an explanation for you all.

The location was great, the people were great and I really couldn't have asked for a better first trip, so again thank you all so much, its been amazing and truly an adventure I'll not soon forget smile

Yes, I think it will be on our minds forever smile

And now, for those who thought the EPP was over:
Once UKIkarus was alone in Lisbon today - other pianists returned home or went to Algarve -, I invited him to have a dinner with me at my home. Before the dinner we went to the Myriad Hotel in Lisbon where there is a very nice Yamaha red piano - this is a Yamaha Disklavier (Elton John Limited Edition Signature Series Red Pianos) and it was designed and fine tuned according to the Elton John playing style.

Here are some pictures:
:: Myriad Lisbon hotel - Oriente

:: The red Elton John's piano

:: Then we went to my house. UKIkarus was playing for us! Great music, thanks!

:: At dinner

:: The dessert was the typical "Pastel de Nata" with a glass of wine, and a fine white Porto wine at the end.

Lots of fun.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2299756 - 07/08/14 06:31 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Mr Super-Hunky
Wow, what a great thread. Carlos, your the man! I mean handmade drawings for all the guests... who does that? That's incredible.(...)

Well, I have two more similar drawings I can offer.
I think the drawings are too far away from what I can do - I quit drawing a few years ago -, but If you, or someone else, want one of them, just send me a PM with your full address and I'll send it to you. No problem.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2299757 - 07/08/14 06:44 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Many thanks carlos, loved the meal certainly was not expecting that when I flew out very generous smile

#2299810 - 07/08/14 10:04 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: Rerun]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Originally Posted By: Rerun
Quote:
CarlosCC - your daughter is beautiful ...

And what a smile!! Really have enjoyed this thread/pics Carlos ... nice work putting it together!!

I think Carlos must have either gotten married with parental consent or simply had a baby when he was in high school He looks too young to have a young adult like her.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2299817 - 07/08/14 10:22 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC

And now, for those who thought the EPP was over:
Once UKIkarus was alone in Lisbon today - other pianists returned home or went to Algarve ...

Yes, enjoying a nice relaxing day in Lagos today. The Red piano looks great, Carlos. Can't wait to try ...

#2299862 - 07/08/14 01:04 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: casinitaly]
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: california
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Just as a note, I'd be happy to host an Italian EPP, but as I live near Milan, I'm not likely to host a party in Rome smile

That's close enough! I'm sure we can hop a train from there after the party smile. And maybe Greener, world traveling business man that he is, can arrange for us to charter a plane at a discount. Then a bunch of us could cross the pond together.

#2299894 - 07/08/14 02:39 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

FarmGirl - Thanks, you're very kind! And the answers are "no" and "no" btw... smile

Greener - I'm glade you're enjoying Algarve. That beach is awesome!

Starr Keys - I'm in thumb

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2299896 - 07/08/14 02:44 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

And now, pictures of EPP2014 duets.

:: casinitaly & SwissMS

:: UKIkarus & CarlosCC

:: Guest & UKIkarus

:: PaperClip & casinitaly

:: CarlosCC & daughter

More later.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2299913 - 07/08/14 03:31 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
wimpiano Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
Just perfect!!

#2300207 - 07/09/14 10:49 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Back in Ashford with my grandmother now, all is well smile

I managed to sneak in a 15 minute session on the red piano before I went to the airport so I can say I happily say I have had a go laugh

I really enjoyed the trip and all, once things settle down here a bit I'll see what I can upload.

I look half dead (tired) in all of those pics lol quite embarrassing... but it was ever so fun!

Edited by UKIkarus (07/09/14 10:51 AM)

#2300326 - 07/09/14 04:10 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Last pictures. Videos soon.

:: Friendly atmosphere among all

:: The EPP2014 cake

:: Some of the gifts: Ana did the notepads; I did the drawings.

:: All the group

:: Ana with the pianists (holding the famous mugs)
:: From left to right: PaperClip, torquenale, Ana, CarlosCC, Greener, patH, SwissMS, UKIkarus and casinitaly

:: CarlosCC with Carlos Lala (owner of Duetos da S restaurant). Thanks Lala!

:: To Frank Baxter and Kathy.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2300332 - 07/09/14 04:18 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Carlos,

Quote:
JimF - Thanks! What do you want to know about the piano...?

Oh, almost forgot this one.... I was interested in everyone's impression of the tone and touch on the C.Bechstein. That is one of the few European brands that I never got to test drive when I was piano hunting. (Fazioli and Hamburg Steinway being the other two I missed)

Estonia L190 #7284

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I can only Trill well on good grand pianos....
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Is Bondfix just as good as Hotstuff CA glue?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What's up with Paulello?
by jim ialeggio
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
Kawai RX-2 and RX-2 BLAK
by myip
Yesterday at 08:15 PM
UVi Grand Piano, cant get the MIDI Files help?
by JungleJim
Yesterday at 06:23 PM
Who's Online
99 registered (anotherscott, allakart, ando, Anne'sson, 29 invisible), 1170 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76290 Members
42 Forums
157700 Topics
2316379 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission