Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2300554 - 07/10/14 02:21 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Jim, I found the touch quite light - much easier than the other (2) grands that I've played. As for the sound, I thought it was very mellow and warm.

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#2300570 - 07/10/14 04:01 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: JimF]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted By: JimF
Carlos,
Quote:
JimF - Thanks! What do you want to know about the piano...?

Oh, almost forgot this one.... I was interested in everyone's impression of the tone and touch on the C.Bechstein. That is one of the few European brands that I never got to test drive when I was piano hunting. (Fazioli and Hamburg Steinway being the other two I missed)

Yes, the touch is soft, like the pedals strength. Very easy to control.
Key responses was quite good, allowing fine control of the dynamics.

I like deep bass tonalities, but I've played pianos with a "longer" bass. Nothing that I couldn't control after a 5min warming-up phase.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2300717 - 07/10/14 12:30 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
What a fantastic collection of lovely pics! Glad you all had fun in this piano party.

And Congratulations Carlos on your great work to organise this event.

My website

#2300804 - 07/10/14 04:19 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks Recaredo!!!
Maybe you can join us in the next EPP thumb

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2300859 - 07/10/14 06:28 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: JimF]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: JimF
Oh, almost forgot this one.... I was interested in everyone's impression of the tone and touch on the C.Bechstein. That is one of the few European brands that I never got to test drive when I was piano hunting. (Fazioli and Hamburg Steinway being the other two I missed)

I liked it. It had a not too hard touch, and wasn't too loud either.
The second piece I played, "Un petit train de plaisir" by G.Rossini, sounded particularly nice on it.

However, I don't know if the Una Corda pedal was working properly.

#2300929 - 07/10/14 11:20 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I love seeing all the photos. It makes me smile to see you guys all having a great time together.

#2300984 - 07/11/14 05:45 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Ok, I finally have my pictures downloaded or uploaded (actually in some cases both!)

If anyone is interested in general pics of Lisbon... Here are some you can peek at:

CASINITALY'S LISBON PICS

As for some from the party...a few that are not the same as what's already been posted !

Here is Ana , Carlos's charming wife who was a darling and took care of us all like a mother hen with her little chicks!

Ana and Alessandra (Torquenale)

Enjoying the performances!

Thanks again to Carlos - and Ana! for all the work in organizing the event and making it such great fun.

Thanks to all who came out - it was wonderful to meet you /see you again!

I'm having post-party withdrawl symptoms..... I need a new project !!! smile

#2301010 - 07/11/14 08:10 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: casinitaly]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Very nice of you CAS, The pictures of Lisbon were a surprise as well. Some of the architecture there seems somewhat Moroccan or at least an Asian or Persian influence, very geometric rather than statuary and the like. Thanks for including them. What a beautiful city!

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2301562 - 07/12/14 03:38 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The EPP for Greener was over only today! After returning from Algarve and before going home tomorrow, we met again and here are a couple of pictures with him.

We had a lunch at my place, and he played for us, too! Thanks for your music, Greener!

After lunch we went to Myriad hotel to play the "red piano". At the hotel we had a small audience who applauded in every piece that we played on. We were there about 1 hour and, at the end, we took some pictures. Jeff has the pictures, so he can show and tell more about this story in detail. Lots of fun!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2301623 - 07/12/14 07:09 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Yes, unfortunately this will be my final report from beautiful Portugal. I'll be heading back to the big smoke in ... a few hours.

I wish I was staying longer. I could not have asked for more in a vacation. Everyone I met was very nice. The cities clean, I felt safe, excellent food and perfect weather my entire stay. Lastly, all very reasonably priced. If you've never been ... I highly recommend.

This trip has also solidified many new friendships a half a world away. Thank you again Carlos and Ana for another fabulous day in Lisbon. I managed to make it to Liberdade for my third pair of "Made in Portugal" shoes, just before closing laugh .

What a tremendous time I have had. I just hope now that I can make it to more EPP's like this one.

#2301624 - 07/12/14 07:13 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
I am so jealous for the shoes. They all look so comfortable and functional, and like they'll last forever. My kind of shoes.

Cathy

#2301654 - 07/12/14 09:31 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Overseas holidays I have had in the past are long forgotten but the shoes I bought serve as reminders I was there.

#2301692 - 07/12/14 11:36 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
I am impressed that you can actually buy flat shoes there. No heel. That isn't easy to find these days. I can't take heels anymore. Wear Five Finger's mostly.

#2301696 - 07/13/14 12:00 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: rnaple]
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: california
Originally Posted By: rnaple
I am impressed that you can actually buy flat shoes there. No heel. That isn't easy to find these days. I can't take heels anymore. Wear Five Finger's mostly.

My piano teacher actually recommended this morning that I buy flat shoes with soft soles for the pedal. He doesn't like my clogs. The open backs or the fact that they have slight heals. smile

#2301787 - 07/13/14 07:54 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: Greener]
UKIkarus Offline

Loc: England, South East
Originally Posted By: Greener
Yes, unfortunately this will be my final report from beautiful Portugal. I'll be heading back to the big smoke in ... a few hours.

I wish I was staying longer. I could not have asked for more in a vacation. Everyone I met was very nice. The cities clean, I felt safe, excellent food and perfect weather my entire stay. Lastly, all very reasonably priced. If you've never been ... I highly recommend.

This trip has also solidified many new friendships a half a world away. Thank you again Carlos and Ana for another fabulous day in Lisbon. I managed to make it to Liberdade for my third pair of "Made in Portugal" shoes, just before closing laugh .

What a tremendous time I have had. I just hope now that I can make it more EPP's like this one.

(Images removed to save quoting)

Awesome Greener, you got to have a play on the red piano too! fun no? smile Carlos and his family are simply amazing, as are the rest of you folks who visited, thanks for making it so enjoyable! missing it all already frown

Edited by UKIkarus (07/13/14 07:54 AM)

#2301918 - 07/13/14 05:10 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: UKIkarus]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
I'm back in Toronto now. They didn't wake me up when they said they would, when I was leaving this morning. Plus, I had to arrange to Mail a TV remote back to Algarve that I accidentally stole from the room in Lagos. It was driving me crazy when I left Lagos. The cab driver had to settle me down over it, when he was taking me to the train station. And Carlos too after I got to Lisbon. All fine now though ... laugh . It was last call for my flight by the time I made it to my gate.
Originally Posted By: jotur
I am so jealous for the shoes. They all look so comfortable and functional, and like they'll last forever. My kind of shoes.

Thanks, Cathy. I was debating on this final pair as I was already quite loaded. But, there was a pair I saw the week before that I wanted to see again. I saw these and liked them more. I asked for a size 40 or 42, but they didn't have either. I tried the display model and they fit perfectly. I didn't even try both of them on in the store. They were closing and when they finally found the other shoe, I paid and left quickly. They remembered me from the week before. I think they liked me. I bought all pairs in the same shop smile .

Now that I have them home, I am really glad I got this last pair. You're right about comfort and practical (for me anyway). I like them all.

Well, you may just have to make it to next EPP I suppose cool .
Originally Posted By: UKIkarus

Awesome Greener, you got to have a play on the red piano too! fun no? smile ...

I really liked this piano, Daryl. Was it baby grand? I think a little larger. Anyway, wow. What a sound. That low octave D really shakes hands when you nail it solid. It was very nice after nearly two weeks without much piano at all. A very nice instrument to play, indeed.

#2302093 - 07/14/14 05:09 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: Greener]
UKIkarus Offline

Originally Posted By: Greener
I'm back in Toronto now. They didn't wake me up when they said they would, when I was leaving this morning. Plus, I had to arrange to Mail a TV remote back to Algarve that I accidentally stole from the room in Lagos. It was driving me crazy when I left Lagos. The cab driver had to settle me down over it, when he was taking me to the train station. And Carlos too after I got to Lisbon. All fine now though ... laugh . It was last call for my flight by the time I made it to my gate.
Originally Posted By: jotur

Thanks, Cathy. I was debating on this final pair as I was already quite loaded. But, there was a pair I saw the week before that I wanted to see again. I saw these and liked them more. I asked for a size 40 or 42, but they didn't have either. I tried the display model and they fit perfectly. I didn't even try both of them on in the store. They were closing and when they finally found the other shoe, I paid and left quickly. They remembered me from the week before. I think they liked me. I bought all pairs in the same shop smile .

Now that I have them home, I am really glad I got this last pair. You're right about comfort and practical (for me anyway). I like them all.

Well, you may just have to make it to next EPP I suppose cool .
Originally Posted By: UKIkarus

Awesome Greener, you got to have a play on the red piano too! fun no? smile ...

I really liked this piano, Daryl. Was it baby grand? I think a little larger. Anyway, wow. What a sound. That low octave D really shakes hands when you nail it solid. It was very nice after nearly two weeks without much piano at all. A very nice instrument to play, indeed.

Haha, I ended up leaving with my hotel room key until I tried to use it at the metro station and did a quick U turn laugh I loved the piano yes, certainly had a nice bass to it and really did have some power if you wanted to bring it out.

I gave it a bit of a whirl with some improvisations from soft to fairly loud sections but didn't want to cause any trouble after that haha, needless to say I got a few thumbs up and some smiles so all good!

Edited by UKIkarus (07/14/14 05:23 AM)

#2302477 - 07/15/14 05:19 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
barbaram Offline

It's been an absolute pleasure to read this thread. Congratulations CarlosCC (and Ana) for organising such a successful EPP, and well done to all the particpants for making the journey. Delighted to hear that such a good time was had by all.

#2302713 - 07/15/14 06:03 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
TwoSnowflakes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I sure wish I could have gone to this! I was only a few hours away by car but there was no way to come. frown

Looks like everybody had a great time.

And I can see at least several pasteis de nata were consumed. I was in Lisbon not too long ago and waited in a very long line for this at Casa Pasteis De Belem. For good reason!

Next one!
Chopin, Mazurka Op. 67 No.4
With the pedal I love to meddle; When Paderewski comes this way... -Irving Berlin

#2302888 - 07/16/14 05:11 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Greener - It was really nice to play with you that red piano. And the shoes are real nice, too!

jotur, earlfomar, rnaple and Starr Keys - The industry of shoes has a significant importance in portuguese economy. We have all the kinds, sizes and prices. And they are good, yes.

barbaram - Thanks! thumb

TwoSnowflakes - Really? A few hours by car...? What a pity; maybe next time.

Yesterday we went to dinner with torquenale and family at a restaurante near the Tejo river, Belem area. At the end we ate a "Pastel de Nata" in the "Casa Pasteis De Belem" - it was here that was created the cake -. So, we delight ourselves with the original "Pastel de Nata". smile
I think torquenale will post some pictures of our visit to Belem.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2302930 - 07/16/14 07:57 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
TwoSnowflakes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I was in Madrid! The last time I drove to Lisbon, it took about five hours.

I spent that particular weekend, however, in León. Lovely meal at a fantastic restaurant for buey (steakhouse) called El Capricho. Some pasteis would have been a terrific dessert!

I drove about halfway to Badajoz this past weekend to drop the kids off at their summer camp but alas, no EPP to entice me to keep driving.

I'm in Philadelphia as of last night, with some serious jet lag to show for it.
Chopin, Mazurka Op. 67 No.4
With the pedal I love to meddle; When Paderewski comes this way... -Irving Berlin

#2302937 - 07/16/14 08:16 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: TwoSnowflakes]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: TwoSnowflakes
I drove about halfway to Badajoz this past weekend to drop the kids off at their summer camp but alas, no EPP to entice me to keep driving.

Badajoz is in the border between Portugal and Spain. More 2 hours by car and you are in Lisbon... So, you missed EPP2014 by only one week... frown

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2303440 - 07/17/14 04:36 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
torquenale Offline

Back home...
I had a great time in portugal, both in Lisbon and in Algarve. Husband and kids were very happy too.

It looks everything of EPP has already been covered... great pictures posted here.
I just want to share a couple of the last evening with Carlos; the location was beautiful and the light at dinner time just magic:

Me with Ana and Carlos (and one of the kids):

After dinner we past the Mosteiro dos Jeronimos to reach the old pastelaria "Pasteis de Belem":

The view when we came back to the car:

Lisbon is really a wonderful city and we spent great time with Carlos and Ana.

#2303595 - 07/18/14 03:25 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Very nice pictures, torquenale! Thanks for sharing thumb

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2303658 - 07/18/14 09:59 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Thanks, torquenale, for giving us another sense of the party/venue. All this and piano, too! Or maybe, all that piano and this, too!

Cathy

#2303788 - 07/18/14 05:38 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Love the extra pictures from Greener and Torquenale!

What memories we all have of this great event and adventure!

#2305220 - 07/22/14 06:47 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I've some videos I want to share, but they are not so good as you may think: the quality is bad, and there isn't a single piece completely recorded frown

I don't know if someone else has other videos, but I'd like to see them before choosing what to publish. So, if you have any video you want to share, just send me an email with it.
Thanks.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2306537 - 07/24/14 03:29 PM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
torquenale Offline

I have two more pictures: Carlos and Ana at EPP.

Thanks again, dear friends!

#2306767 - 07/25/14 12:03 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
I think it's so awesome that everyone got to meet up for this.. Looks like all had a fantastic time. And what a gracious host! Carlos, well done!
I want to be a European party goer!

#2306814 - 07/25/14 04:20 AM Re: European Piano Party 2014 - Lisbon - Pictures and stories [Re: CarlosCC]
UKIkarus Offline

Did anyone manage to get any videos of playing at all? I'd be interested in seeing anything we might have.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First time digital piano buyer
by Frames
2 minutes 6 seconds ago
Yamaha U3 - How old is too old?
by Yekul
Today at 09:53 PM
Digital Vs. Acoustic is apples and oranges so far
by harpon
Today at 08:40 PM
the sound of unrestored Erards
by Michael Sayers
Today at 08:34 PM
how best to match natural mahogany on plain wood case parts
by msks
Today at 08:26 PM
Who's Online
112 registered (Abby Pianoman, accordeur, anamnesis, Almaviva, 34 invisible), 1280 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76656 Members
42 Forums
158498 Topics
2327658 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission