Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2304897 - 07/21/14 03:03 PM Impromptu in majors and minors (Impromptu 2)
Skinkken Offline

My previous piece (Impromtu in D minor): http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2166034.html#Post2166034

Here is my newest composition. Actually, it is about 4 months old. I started composing this at last Christmas holiday and wrote some every once in a while, having a lot of school work and stress. Who knows if that has had some influence to the piece? It was roughly ready those 4 months ago, but after that I made some improvements and changes. I made a computer listening version before I learned to play it myself. I would have published this earlier but I was already learning it and I wanted to make a recording rather than giving just that computer played version. I haven't mastered this piece yet so the recording is not perfect. Also the difficulty of this is already verging my skill level.

The piece itself... well, there's a lot of different things in there, and what is even more special, this "Impromptu in majors and minors" has no main key at all! While my uncle was listening to this, he commented things like "that's Bach... that's Rachmaninoff... that could be Chopin".

I'd say that at least Rachmaninoff (probably my favourite composer) has influenced my works. I like the big chords, difficult paths and the epicness of his music, and that's the kind of music I want to compose. However, my next goal is to make a more peaceful piece for a change, if I'm able to do that (but they just BECOME like this!).

There , have sheet music, a recording (Thanks to my JiaYu G4S china phone with great stereo microphones!) and a computer played version. At some point I'm probably going to make different kind of sheet music that show how I play it (hands and fingering). SoundCloud link

Enjoy!

Edited by Skinkken (07/21/14 03:10 PM)

Piano & Music Acc. / Sheet Music

Sheet Music Plus Homepage
#2310342 - 08/02/14 07:01 PM Re: Impromptu in majors and minors (Impromptu 2) [Re: Skinkken]
Skinkken Offline

What do you think?

#2312520 - 08/07/14 04:09 PM Re: Impromptu in majors and minors (Impromptu 2) [Re: Skinkken]
Skinkken Offline

Some improvements to the score.

#2312574 - 08/07/14 06:16 PM Re: Impromptu in majors and minors (Impromptu 2) [Re: Skinkken]
Steve Chandler Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Urbandale, Iowa
I would prefer links in this thread directly to the score rather than linking to another forum. It's a nice piece and it's got some nice drama to it. While I hear the references to Rachmaninov I wouldn't mention that in your discussion, I hear far less of Chopin or Bach. This is your piece not Rachmaninov's. If he's an influence that's fine but you want to develop your own voice.

#2314196 - 08/11/14 12:56 PM Re: Impromptu in majors and minors (Impromptu 2) [Re: Steve Chandler]
Skinkken Offline

Originally Posted By: Steve Chandler
I would prefer links in this thread directly to the score rather than linking to another forum. It's a nice piece and it's got some nice drama to it. While I hear the references to Rachmaninov I wouldn't mention that in your discussion, I hear far less of Chopin or Bach. This is your piece not Rachmaninov's. If he's an influence that's fine but you want to develop your own voice.

I use the piano society because it's simple and easy to upload there while actually posting the piece there too. Many upload sites have restrictions or policy of removing files after some time. And actually that is 2 clicks away from the file, like it would be at many free upload sites.

That Rachmaninov-thing: I'm not trying to mimic Rachmaninov nor take his honor. I just wanted to tell about the piece and because I listen to Rachmaninov a lot, it inevitably has some influence to my pieces. It's not Rachmaninov's piece, but he has had influence to it. I write my own way.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chrono Trigger piano medley
by Stefo
Today at 04:44 PM
need help with deciding between digital and acoustic
by luvboise713
Today at 04:16 PM
Sight reading problems
by pianosNpreschooler
Today at 03:23 PM
Hello! I have a question about playing for cocktail parties.
by albumblatter
Today at 03:10 PM
Piano Concerto in F, Op. 2 Arensky, Anton
by antony
Today at 02:33 PM
Who's Online
146 registered (ahrensjt, A Guy, 36251, accordeur, ajames, aesop, 38 invisible), 1390 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157608 Topics
2315057 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission