Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2308015 - Today at 04:50 AM Best Digital Piano for Touch
JoeCPiano Online   content

Loc: Northallerton, England
Hi Guys, I've been reading this website for years now and thought this was a good time to say hello.

I know this question likely has been asked to the absolute death but I'm after a little advice. I've been playing the piano a long time and never had an acoustic due to noise and space restrictions and unfortunately this is still the case.

I've currently got a Yamaha CP33 and the touch is dreadful when comparing against an acoustic piano. I'm using it primarily as a midi controller for ivory II.

I've done a little research and it seems to come down to the Kawai VPC1 or the Roland V piano. Possibly even a CA95.

Basically, whats the best for touch, sounds do not matter as I can use ivory if needs be.

Thanks.

Edited by JoeCPiano (Today at 04:51 AM)

(ads) Sweetwater / PR /Roland
Special Financing on Digital Keyboards

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano

Click Here

#2308018 - Today at 05:30 AM Re: Best Digital Piano for Touch [Re: JoeCPiano]
CarloPiano Online   content

IMHO, the very best digital piano touch I've never played is Yamaha's Avantgrand N3 (I didn't try N2 and N1). Second to this, it's the NU1. Then, in another league but also very good, are the Kawai wooden actions. I like a lot the feeling of the CA 65/95. But, at least for my way of playing and taste I guess, the most responsive action is Roland's PHA 4 of the HP-506/508 (the ones I tried) that can also be found on the RD-800. This one has as a characteristic that the keys are full plastic (I prefer wood) and quite lightweight (this could be a problem if you are going to play or practice on non concert grands, which use to be quite heavy).

I've never been too much fond of Yamaha's regular DP's actions in the past but the new NWX is quite promising, built on solid wood. It's on the Clavinova CLP-545, 475 and 585, as well as on the stage CP-4. I'm sure they worth a try... I'll do as soon as I can.

#2308027 - 37 minutes 31 seconds ago Re: Best Digital Piano for Touch [Re: JoeCPiano]
JoeCPiano Online   content

Loc: Northallerton, England
Thankyou, I have just managed to have a good play on a CA65 and I think it's fantastic. I can't believe the difference in touch between my CP33 and it.

#2308029 - 14 minutes 49 seconds ago Re: Best Digital Piano for Touch [Re: JoeCPiano]
pmh Online   content

Loc: South Coast UK
Hi JoeCPiano,

I'm also struggling to decide which digital piano to go for. For me the most realistic touch is provided by the Yamaha Avant-Grand's N2 and N3. I actually prefer the N2 but it is so expensive and for a similar price you could go for an excellent acoustic upright silent piano. Of the pure digitals up to around 3500 I also really like the Kawai grand feel action you mention above with the CA65 although all digital makes seem to have a decidedly compromised touch compared to real grand piano's. If you use the piano mainly as a controller for piano software then the Kawai VCP1 is a no brainer being the best choice for a pure controller. At the moment I am gravitating towards the Kawai CS10 which feels, sounds AND looks very nice indeed. Good luck with your search,

Paul H

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
85 registered (accordeur, AndrewJCW, barbaram, 36251, Allard, 27 invisible), 1364 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75553 Members
42 Forums
156220 Topics
2294282 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Digital Piano for Touch
by JoeCPiano
07/28/14 04:50 AM
Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear!
by Kuanpiano
07/27/14 11:17 PM
Finger "Tapes": Purpose?
by CleverName
07/27/14 10:56 PM
Accessories needed for grand pianos.
by Stevio55
07/27/14 08:31 PM
Schulze Pollmann 113e Moderno detail information?
by pdxfz1
07/27/14 07:12 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission