2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, 13 invisible), 2,022 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Acevle Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello fellow piano players, I have recently decided to buy a portable, digital piano and I would like your expert opinions regarding which of the two pianos listed above I should get. From some research I have found out that the Yamaha P-105 seems to be a newer model than the Casio px-135, but I would still like to know which piano delivers better sound quality, feel, and overall quality to the world of piano playing. Thanks!

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Definitely p105.

Roland FP-4F, Korg Kross 61, iRig Keys Pro, HD58X, HD598, Focal Spirit Pro, RME Babyface, M-Track Plus, Roland DuoCapture, Presonus Eris E5, iLoud micro monitors, M1 Mac mini, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2, Ivory II ACD, Korg Module for iPad, Garritan CFX full, Vienna Imperial, Ravenscroft, Kawai-Ex Pro
L
L
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you can't get/find the PX-150(Updated PX-135) wherever you live?

Otherwise the P-105 is superior in pretty much every category.

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Laerai
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you can't get/find the PX-150(Updated PX-135) wherever you live?

Otherwise the P-105 is superior in pretty much every category.

Absolutely, the action of the PX-150 is clearly better than the Yamaha, but apart from that even the px-150 is beaten in many respects. The sound is clearly better in the p105, especially through the built-in speakers.

Roland FP-4F, Korg Kross 61, iRig Keys Pro, HD58X, HD598, Focal Spirit Pro, RME Babyface, M-Track Plus, Roland DuoCapture, Presonus Eris E5, iLoud micro monitors, M1 Mac mini, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2, Ivory II ACD, Korg Module for iPad, Garritan CFX full, Vienna Imperial, Ravenscroft, Kawai-Ex Pro
A
Acevle Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It's not that I can't get access to a px-150, it's just this dealer is offering a good deal bundling a bench with the piano, so I thought I should decide between the bundle of px-135 and the Yamaha p105.

C
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
C
PMFJI --

Between those two, I'd pick the P105.

Between P105 and px-150, I'd probably pick the PX-150. But that's personal taste in keyboard "feel".

The real answer is:

. . . Play both, and pick whichever moves you more.

. Charles

PS - bias - I own a PX-350.

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / Roland Gaia / Pianoteq
Would also go with the Yamaha P-105. But you should chose what 'feels' the best when your try them both out

Maybe I'm slightly biased towards Yamaha because I've always felt they offer the best touch for the best value smile

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by mc9320
Would also go with the Yamaha P-105. But you should chose what 'feels' the best when your try them both out

Maybe I'm slightly biased towards Yamaha because I've always felt they offer the best touch for the best value smile

Personally I consider the touch the weak point of the p105. I have owned the predecessor and the p105 was a vast improvement over the p95 in virtually everything except the action, that was probably already one of the weak points of p95.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
IMO, you have to live with a DP for at least a few days to know if you like it, We have three DPs, one a P105 which we bought for portability for my granddaughter. Before buying her P105 I compared it at different stores with the Casio and Korg equivalent models, Roland didn't seem to have anything in the same price bracket and almost on the toss of a coin purchased the P105. After a few days the P105's short comings were magnified when compared to our Kawai CN33, perhaps unfairly you would say, comparing a console with a portable. However, I have since been able to try out a P105 literally along side the new Kawai ES100, and found the Kawai to be much better, in touch and piano sound, but around £100 more expensive. I'm now pondering on buying a ES100, but also considering changing my CN33 for CA65, so it's many pipes to smoke before I make my next move.

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by bluebilly
IMO, you have to live with a DP for at least a few days to know if you like it, We have three DPs, one a P105 which we bought for portability for my granddaughter. Before buying her P105 I compared it at different stores with the Casio and Korg equivalent models, Roland didn't seem to have anything in the same price bracket and almost on the toss of a coin purchased the P105. After a few days the P105's short comings were magnified when compared to our Kawai CN33, perhaps unfairly you would say, comparing a console with a portable. However, I have since been able to try out a P105 literally along side the new Kawai ES100, and found the Kawai to be much better, in touch and piano sound, but around £100 more expensive. I'm now pondering on buying a ES100, but also considering changing my CN33 for CA65, so it's many pipes to smoke before I make my next move.

I recently played p105 and kawai es100 side by side. The action feels definitely nicer on the Kawai. As to the sound, it is subjective, but one thing is objective, the p105 sounds louder (and therefore nicer in my opinion) via built-in speakers. I think this is at least partially due to the front facing speakers.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Digitalguy
Originally Posted by bluebilly

I recently played p105 and kawai es100 side by side. The action feels definitely nicer on the Kawai. As to the sound, it is subjective, but one thing is objective, the p105 sounds louder (and therefore nicer in my opinion) via built-in speakers. I think this is at least partially due to the front facing speakers.

Subjective indeed, the Kawai Piano sound just sounded a little less artificial than the Yamaha to me. Plus, there are more selections on the ES100, only two on the P105. Although, I haven't lived with a ES100 to be absolutely certain of anything, if only I could take one home for a few days to give it good trial.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission