Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2310647 - 08/03/14 02:48 PM Roland RD800 mini review
Bussit Offline

I bought an RD700nx because I was inspired by the woodsy, spatial, resonant AP's--especially the concert grand--and authentic key action and texture. When I got it home I played it non stop through a pair of entry level M-Audio monitors and it sounded gorgeous. For the next 10 months I played it daily for a couple hours minimum. Then, I got tired of not being able to quickly record clips of my playing, so I decided to get a keyboard with a recorder. I sold my RD700 and got a Motif XF8. The Motif XF8's grand piano wasn't nearly as authentic sounding as the RD700, nor was I inspired by the Motif's high gloss keys, heavily weighted key action, and much shorter black keys, but at least now I could record. But a funny thing happened. I stopped playing every day, and lost interest in the piano. Three months went by. I made some really good music on the XF8. But playing piano on it felt unnatural and uninspiring. I decided having an authentic digital keyboard that inspired me to play was more important than the convenience of an onboard recorder. So I bought an RD800.

I got the RD800 home and opened it... here are my impressions..

Packing is decent but not great. Using single ply cardboard is a no-no with shippers, so if you ship this keyboard you need to double box it for them to honor insurance claim . Experience speaking here . Also not a big fan of the box opening on the front side, makes it hard to pull the keyboard out.

Noticed immediately the sloped back and plastic casing. Hmmm. Feels about 8 or so pounds lighter, but I have to question the use of Korg Krome-like plastic for a pro stage piano. Steel dents, but plastic cracks. Not good. I prefer the robust steel of the RD700.

Power plug was a b$&@$ to remove from it's tightly wrapped plastic. It's like they shrink wrapped it. Get a razor blade, and be super careful. Frustrating little nit on my part, I know. Power plug itself is smaller and two holes, with plug side now no different than the one for your electric razor. Seems consumerish and cheap.

Power button reminds me of Korg Krome. Very consumerish and not pro feeling like RD700nx.

RD800's flagship piano (the first one in the bank) blew my mind-- the wrong way. Not even close to the quality of the RD700 concert piano. Boxy, unbalanced and muddy are the nicest ways I can think to describe it. I went through the other presets but didn't really pay attention to names. I then came here and read some threads and figured out the RD700 piano I love is indeed in the RD800. And it sounds just as good, and even slightly better because Roland got rid of that terrible cycling/looping sound on some keys. Fixed. Beautiful. Many of the other pianos are amazing. I'm happy with the AP's. There something awesome for every genre.

EP's have improved a lot, although I don't hear that beautiful, spacious, rich, warm DX7-like TINE that was on the RD700nx yet. Anyone? There are a lot of new patches and they sound super good. Love the organs as well. Nothing I can't find here. Definitely has all the keys I need to make great music. Reverb has improved too it seems.

Key action is not the same as the RD700. At first I thought It was inferior, as in the key action felt a little sloppier/looser/bouncier. But after spending time with it we settled our differences. Still isn't as perfect as the RD700nx thing IMO. Good news is that the dynamics in the 800 have improved over 700's and you can get super super soft tones . Great overall dynamic range.

Cosmetically speaking, I don't like the red and blue lights around the knobs at all. Feels consumerish and distracts me, especially when grooving in the dark with a nice buzz. Kind of a buzzkill. frown wish I knew how to turn tHose lights off.

Functionally, I don't understand why Roland won't put a basic midi recorder on the RD board. 100,000 note sequencer with 128 slots would be amazing, and solve so many problems for me, as producer and as piano teacher. Why is it so hard to add a simple midi sequencer?? Anyone have any recommendations for a super simple midi recorder I could hook up (so I wouldn't have to fire up Mac system every time I just want to record piano playing).

Overall I give this board 7 out of 10 stars and I give the RD700nx 8 out of 10 stars. What you gain in improved sounds with the RD800, you lose in build quality and some other annoyances. You also get unprofessional plastic casing, an unconventional shape that makes it prone to slippage when carrying, less than stellar new piano patches, absence of basic midi recorder (again), and obnoxious red and blue lights that serve no purpose whatsoever other than to buzz kill.

Net net: I'm very tempted to go back to the RD700nx.

Hit me up with questions. I'm glad to help!

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
The Right Mic Makes all the Difference. Piano Mics at Sweetwater

Click Here

#2310651 - 08/03/14 02:55 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
Jay Roland Offline

Loc: White Rock, BC.
Originally Posted By: Bussit

EP's have improved a lot, although I don't hear that beautiful, spacious, rich, warm DX7-like TINE that was on the RD700nx yet. Anyone? There are a lot of new patches and they sound super good. Love the organs as well. Nothing I can't find here. Definitely has all the keys I need to make great music. Reverb has improved too it seems.

If you want the FM like E. Piano tone, Press the Modern E Piano category button, and turn the Tone Colour knob all the way to the right. That bell like tone will be more than evident.

Trust me when i say that the case will more than stand up to every day gigging use. The weight savings are worth it.

The LED's were included so you could see what effects and EQ etc, were on at a quick glance. Sorry you aren't a fan.

Thanks for the review, and look out for the Turbo Start series we hope to have up on the Roland Canada blog very soon.

Jay

I'm sure that Jay (along with every other product manager in recorded history) is quite accustomed to hearing different customers assert "X" and "not-X" with equal conviction. - slowtraveler

#2310660 - 08/03/14 03:33 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Jay Roland]
Bussit Offline

What is turbo start series? And when will there be a basic midi recorder?

#2310665 - 08/03/14 03:46 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
slowtraveler Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
...Packing is decent but not great. Using single ply cardboard is a no-no with shippers...

Word. Especially with sales of DPs migrating more and more to online channels, it's not smart IMHO to skimp on packaging.

That box is going to end up on the customer's doorstep with no bricks-and-mortar retailer in the loop to vet the thing for signs of abuse or misadventure. I'm convinced that a healthy fraction of perceived "quality control" problems with DP manufacturing is simply shipping damage in disguise.

The HP-207 I used to to own arrived in truly well-designed, heavy-duty packaging. Some things I've bought more recently, not so much.

#2310670 - 08/03/14 03:55 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
fizikisto Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Hernando, MS

Packing is decent but not great. Using single ply cardboard is a no-no with shippers, so if you ship this keyboard you need to double box it for them to honor insurance claim . Experience speaking here . Also not a big fan of the box opening on the front side, makes it hard to pull the keyboard out.

Power plug was a b$&@$ to remove from it's tightly wrapped plastic. It's like they shrink wrapped it. Get a razor blade, and be super careful.

Yes, I agree with the above. The packaging was mediocre at best. It was a pain to get the board out of the box. I remember as I was cutting the plastic around the power cord I was thinking what a pain it was.

RD800's flagship piano (the first one in the bank) blew my mind-- the wrong way. I then came here and read some threads and figured out the RD700 piano I love is indeed in the RD800.

Interesting. The main one is the one based on the V-grand right? I actually found that I liked it a lot. Did you play with the tone color? I found that I liked that piano best with the tone color set about 2/3 of the way over, and with the key touch set to the light setting. Which one is the one that you liked best?

Key action is not the same as the RD700. At first I thought It was inferior, as in the key action felt a little sloppier/looser/bouncier. But after spending time with it more I find I like it even more than the 700. It's easier to play, it's as simple as that. Further more, the dynamics have improved and you get super super soft tones . Great overall dynamic range.

Yes, I can't say enough about the new key action. It's a joy to play smile

Why is it so hard to add a simple midi sequencer?? Anyone have any recommendations for a super simple midi recorder I could hook up (so I wouldn't have to fire up Mac system every time I just want to record piano playing).

If you have an iOS device, I've heard some good things about Music Studio. It's cheap and seems pretty powerful. If you don't already have an iPhone or iPad you can probably do better elsewhere, but if you already have one It might be worth looking into. I don't really need a sequencer so I haven't played with any of them.

Congratulations on your new board, despite your nits you do seem rather pleased with it. Can't wait to get back to mine!

#2310677 - 08/03/14 04:09 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
Bussit Offline

Yeah I made a few edits to my orig post, but yes, generally I am pleased with it.

Trying to avoid any IOS device integration. The less I have to use "smart phone" for the better

#2310706 - 08/03/14 05:04 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
Gretel Offline

I would also be interested in some cheap external MIDI sequencer. Any advice appreciated.

#2310756 - 08/03/14 08:37 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: fizikisto]
Kawai James Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Originally Posted By: fizikisto
Power plug was a b$&@$ to remove from it's tightly wrapped plastic. It's like they shrink wrapped it. Get a razor blade, and be super careful.

Yes... I remember as I was cutting the plastic around the power cord I was thinking what a pain it was.

Are you both referring to the molded cable clip that fixes the power cable in place? If so, I'm not sure it is supposed to be removed...

Cheers,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#2310760 - 08/03/14 08:51 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Kawai James]
36251 Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Kawai James
Originally Posted By: fizikisto

Yes... I remember as I was cutting the plastic around the power cord I was thinking what a pain it was.

Are you both referring to the molded cable clip that fixes the power cable in place? If so, I'm not sure it is supposed to be removed...

Cheers,
James
x

Now that's funny if true.

#2310763 - 08/03/14 08:59 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
fizikisto Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Hernando, MS
James,
No, we are not. When the RD-800 ships the plug is already attached to the board (though not plugged in) by the infamous solution. We're not talking about that. smile The rest of the cable is folded over several times (to make it take up less space) and then wrapped in a *very* tight fitting plastic to keep it together during shipment. That plastic needs to be cut away to free the plug.

#2310767 - 08/03/14 09:10 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
Kawai James Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Ah, I see, thanks.

James
x

#2310857 - 08/04/14 03:02 AM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
bgiles Offline

Loc: Worcester, UK
Cosmetically speaking, I don't like the red and blue lights around the knobs at all. Feels consumerish and distracts me, especially when grooving in the dark with a nice buzz. Kind of a buzzkill. frown wish I knew how to turn tHose lights off.

Menu > System > Knob LED Switch = Off

#2311099 - 08/04/14 05:41 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
Bussit Offline

I ended up returning the RD800. I ultimately decided I like the RD700nx better. I got a new RD700nx for $700 less. A few other parting notes for posterity..

-I prefer the firmer action of the 700's keys to the 800's more lighter/bouncy feel.

-I noticed halfway between up and down key position that the 800's key "catches" slightly if you press softly. If you play regular velocity you can't feel the catch spot, but if you play very softly you can detect it. Doesn't seem natural to me.

-I prefer the steel casing and extra weight of the 700nx to the plastic casing of the 800. I trust that the 800 is robust, and that's all well and good, but I prefer steel casing.

-The 700nx's pianos are superb and more than competent for all the music styles I do

In the end I can't justify nearly another grand for the upgrades the 800 offers. Maybe I will upgrade next go-around IF there is a midi sequencer on board

Thanks all

#2311136 - 08/04/14 06:57 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
GWILLY Offline

Hi Bussit, while I can't disagree with your preferences, especially given the price difference right now, which is not unsubstantial, as a former 700NX owner I'll put in my .02 just for the benefit of potential purchasers. Yes the keyaction is different, but I find the microdynamics so much better that I couldn't go back now that I've adjusted. Additionally it's the only digital I've ever played where I feel like glissandos are musical. You barely have to touch the keys to get them to sound, and it's just a joy that way. The new piano sounds come into their own when you experiment with the piano designer. And despite all of this, the one thing I would never want to do again without, for live performance, is the single key editing. I can't believe how you can dial out the hot spots for any room, or any pa system without eq. It's amazing. Everything else we agree on! Cheers! smile

#2311145 - 08/04/14 07:13 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
GWILLY Offline

Gretel.. re the midi sequencer - I would love this also!

Jay, any chance Roland could make an app for tablets that emulates the Fantom G sequencer smile That would be sweet!!!!!

#2311161 - 08/04/14 07:44 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
Marko in Boston Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Boston, Massachusetts
I ended up returning the RD800. I ultimately decided I like the RD700nx better. I got a new RD700nx for $700 less. A few other parting notes for posterity..

-I prefer the firmer action of the 700's keys to the 800's more lighter/bouncy feel.

-I noticed halfway between up and down key position that the 800's key "catches" slightly if you press softly. If you play regular velocity you can't feel the catch spot, but if you play very softly you can detect it. Doesn't seem natural to me.

-I prefer the steel casing and extra weight of the 700nx to the plastic casing of the 800. I trust that the 800 is robust, and that's all well and good, but I prefer steel casing.

-The 700nx's pianos are superb and more than competent for all the music styles I do

In the end I can't justify nearly another grand for the upgrades the 800 offers. Maybe I will upgrade next go-around IF there is a midi sequencer on board

Thanks all

You really need to spend a significant amount of time with the RD800 to really appreciate everything it has to offer. I was a bit frustrated at first (overwhelmed perhaps) but now completely inspired every time I turn it on. Im familiar with it enough now that I know I can achieve almost any sound I need. Yes, the keys are very sensitive and accurate. It will call you out if you are sloppy player. It's not as forgiving as the RD700NX, but I truly believe the action and resolution on the RD800 is making me a better player. Maybe the RD800 is not for everyone, but at this point Im extremely connected with the RD800 in every way, however took a little patience and dedication to fully get there and appreciate this amazing board.

However, you did the right thing if you honestly prefer the action, sound, and casing of the RD700NX. It's what you like and connect with that is most important.

Edited by Marko in Boston (08/04/14 08:06 PM)

#2311175 - 08/04/14 08:03 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
GWILLY Offline

Agree with Marko! But for sure, for the price the NX is hard to beat! One other little tidbit - about the new piano sound, I feel they might have voiced it for live playing. It's quite possible to meaningfully overhaul its character, and add dimension and nuance - which on my studio monitors is wonderful! However it might muck up the live sound a little to have all those resonances happening, unless you're doing solo. I did have a little trouble with my NX live, unless I was playing it through studio monitors in a church or wedding context. But anyways - the NX is still wonderful though! smile

Edited by GWILLY (08/04/14 08:08 PM)

#2311211 - 08/04/14 09:33 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Gretel]
GWILLY Offline

Maybe this might be interesting? Although I can't seem to find any user reviews about it...

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/08/22/genome-midi-sequencer-for-ipad/

#2311215 - 08/04/14 09:44 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: GWILLY]
GWILLY Offline

Ah, found a decent explanation of the app. And sorry, I realise this is offtopic - so that's all I'll say about it! Looks like it might work though smile

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/08/fu...th-its-creator/

#2311290 - 08/05/14 03:26 AM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
bgiles Offline

Loc: Worcester, UK
I noticed halfway between up and down key position that the 800's key "catches" slightly if you press softly. If you play regular velocity you can't feel the catch spot, but if you play very softly you can detect it. Doesn't seem natural to me.

The PHA-4 keyboard has 'Escapement' to emulate the action of a real piano, and will feel completely normal to most users.

#2311294 - 08/05/14 03:34 AM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: bgiles]
Kawai James Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: bgiles
I noticed halfway between up and down key position that the 800's key "catches" slightly if you press softly. If you play regular velocity you can't feel the catch spot, but if you play very softly you can detect it. Doesn't seem natural to me.

The PHA-4 keyboard has 'Escapement' to emulate the action of a real piano, and will feel completely normal to most users.

The RD-700NX's PHAIII keyboard also featured 'Escapement'.

James
x

#2311609 - 08/05/14 06:11 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
koch Offline

Functionally, I don't understand why Roland won't put a basic midi recorder on the RD board. 100,000 note sequencer with 128 slots would be amazing, and solve so many problems for me, as producer and as piano teacher. Why is it so hard to add a simple midi sequencer?? Anyone have any recommendations for a super simple midi recorder I could hook up (so I wouldn't have to fire up Mac system every time I just want to record piano playing).

Originally Posted By: Gretel

I would also be interested in some cheap external MIDI sequencer. Any advice appreciated.

As I am halfway through developing such a product (hardware midi recorder) with emphasis on simplicity of operation and reliability, do you think you need any more features besides recording, multitrack capability and tempo change?

#2311653 - 08/05/14 07:31 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
toddy Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Portugal
What has been useful on the most basic midi recorders includes:

Selectable time signature (from list or user input),
Choice of quantize resolution,
Copy track/ selection
Duplicate track
Mute & Solo
Chain sequence (into song/piece/project)
Click track volume adjustment is very useful, too.

If you want a simple 'note pad' type of recorder, this might be sufficient.....though I'm bound to have left some essential or other out.

Reaper / NI Komplete 9 /Kontakt 5// EWQL Sym Choirs/ Sym Orchestra Silver/ MOR2
Mics: SP B1 & MXL V67g/ Alesis MicTube Preamp/ Xenyx302/ Yamaha HS7s .

"Only a fool is fooled" pv88, All Fools' Day 2014.

#2311681 - 08/05/14 08:28 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: toddy]
koch Offline

Originally Posted By: toddy
What has been useful on the most basic midi recorders includes:

Selectable time signature (from list or user input),
Choice of quantize resolution,
Copy track/ selection
Duplicate track
Mute & Solo
Chain sequence (into song/piece/project)
Click track volume adjustment is very useful, too.

If you want a simple 'note pad' type of recorder, this might be sufficient.....though I'm bound to have left some essential or other out.

Mute & Solo is in, about Chain sequence I will think about a way to incorporate it! For the rest I am afraid they might distract from the simplicity of the concept, but I will keep them in mind. Thank you for your input!!

#2314277 - 08/11/14 06:19 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
lekanout Offline

Loc: PARIS,FRANCE
Just a few words:

Quote:
Key action is not the same as the RD700. At first I thought It was inferior, as in the key action felt a little sloppier/looser/bouncier. But after spending time with it we settled our differences. Still isn't as perfect as the RD700nx thing IMO. Good news is that the dynamics in the 800 have improved over 700's and you can get super super soft tones . Great overall

As an ex owner of a 700nx before buying the 800,i don't find the keybed so different between the 2.
I don't have played them side by side,but after a lot of playing i have the felling the 800 is a little better.
It's a little more expressive,quite perfect on the way you can perform dynamic range upon your fingers.
I don't know if the 800 is less heavier than the 700nx,but i found it more easier.
The connection between the sound/keybed and my fingers is the best i ever had on a digital piano.
I don't know if this is because of the new PHA4 sensors..but i found the expressiveness a little more natural than the 700 in my memory.
I would never go back to the 700 nx after playing it a lot(even if the 700 nx was really good we are ok)
I have the Cp4 too(and i love it)but the yam is a little less subtile than the roland in my point of view for keybed/sound connection.

Quote:

I agree the 700 case was like a tank,the 800 doesn' t have this particularity.
But honestly the 800 plastic case was a good surprise:
It's really a hard plastic case,on the highest range possible for plastic.
Absolutly not cheap..and better than my Cp4

Quote:

You have all the 700 nx pianos in the 800(correct me if i'm wrong),so i don't understand your reaction.
You have all the 700 nx models,and more with a new grand,upright(not available in the 700nx)and a far better new generation of eps.
And all the diverse other sounds are more subtile and better on the 800.with some new samples available.
So i can't see why the 700nx would be better than the new.
For sounds,the 800 as all the 700nx and ++

My personal conclusion between the 2 is simple:
All is better on the 800 except the metal case of the 700 series...
I can't find another thing better in the old model(even if i spent 2 years with the 700 nx and was very happy with it)

#2314810 - 08/13/14 03:05 AM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: koch]
Gretel Offline

Originally Posted By: koch
As I am halfway through developing such a product (hardware midi recorder) with emphasis on simplicity of operation and reliability, do you think you need any more features besides recording, multitrack capability and tempo change?

A looper function would be great. Doesn't need to be fancy, just about the same functionality that a Ditto would provide (but of course working on midi data and not audio samples).

#2315315 - 08/14/14 05:40 AM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
koch Offline

Would you find hand operated buttons instead of a footswitch input sufficient for the looper?

Edited by koch (08/14/14 09:15 AM)

#2315526 - 08/14/14 03:02 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
Gretel Offline

Sure.

Edit: Shortest post ever!

Edited by Gretel (08/14/14 03:03 PM)

#2315989 - 08/15/14 04:14 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
grandpianodave Offline

So I got my RD-800 and I'm very very happy with the action and the sound. But, as my last piano was circa 2001 (Roland KF-90) I don't know [censored] about midi controlling/sequencing and what that could do for my live performance. I really don't know the first thing, I asked Roland how I could keep the beats they've provided BUT change the drum kit and they said to get a midi sequencer, oh what the heck I'll just past the email:

"It is not possible to select different drum kits for the rhythms from the front panel of the RD-800. You can use standard MIDI messages on MIDI channel 10 to select different drum kits, though. You can see on pages 20-24 of the RD-800 Sound List document that there are several different kits available, and each one has a specific Bank MSB, Bank LSB, and PC (program change) message. You could use an external sequencer, MIDI controller, or you could even connect the MIDI OUT of the RD-800 back to it's own MIDI IN and use the MIDI Control section of the RD-800 to send these messages. Unfortunately these settings are not saved, so you would need to re-send them whenever you wanted to select a different drum kit."

So my situation is that I use an Alesis SR-18 drum machine but would rather use the drums in the piano. What would you guys do/buy to accomplish this?

#2315991 - 08/15/14 04:17 PM Re: Roland RD800 mini review [Re: Bussit]
Michael Martinez Offline

Loc: California
Hook a laptop to your keyboard (via a USB-midi converter) and use the laptop to send the correct midi codes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
"Break Free" by Ariana Grande on Piano
by Zach Evans
09/23/14 06:37 PM
V-Grand delivery on Friday!
by TonyB
09/23/14 06:36 PM
Kawai CE220 CA65 cabinet vibrations
by origen
09/23/14 04:43 PM
Baldwin 243 for Grade 4 students - Advice please!
by LeslieG
09/23/14 04:39 PM
Exorcist movie main theme
by Danijelcro
09/23/14 12:03 PM
Who's Online
150 registered (A Guy, accordeur, 36251, 45 invisible), 1389 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76297 Members
42 Forums
157714 Topics
2316611 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission