Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#2308504 - 07/29/14 12:46 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Hmmm, methinks Cheryl has me on "ignore" frown

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2308616 - 07/29/14 05:05 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Ragdoll]
casinitaly Online   blank

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Ragdoll
Hmmm, methinks Cheryl has me on "ignore" frown

oh no, no, not at all.
I updated your status right away, I just didn't reply as your adventure coincided with Morodiene's sad news and it seemed too strange to reply to both in one post. I meant to reply afer and...forgot.

I've been super busy for the last month with the trip to Lisbon, and then my family visiting - so I've been a bit distracted.

Sorry that I left you feeling ignored!!!!!!!!

#2308872 - 07/30/14 09:17 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
oh no, no, not at all. I updated your status right away

Thanks Cheryl, that's the main thing I wanted to make sure of. I understand how frazzled you were. No harm, no foul. grin

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2308889 - 07/30/14 10:10 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
MandyD Offline

Loc: Australia
I've only started having weekly piano lessons 3 or 4 months ago but since I now actually have a piano (as from 2 weeks ago) I have been playing everyday, so can you please ad me to the list too? :-)

#2309033 - 07/30/14 04:53 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]

Of course we can add you MandyD - welcome to MOYD.

Ragdoll: lol no harm, no foul....... I haven't heard that for a while smile

#2309067 - 07/30/14 07:04 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
MandyD Offline

Thanks casinitaly smile

#2309270 - 07/31/14 09:53 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Can't remember when I last posted here - just wanted to check in & say that, apart from the 2 weeks after I fell in the spring (March 27-April 10), I've played every day. I had a really busy May-June, lots of tutoring. Summer hasn't really slowed down. Although I haven't been tutoring much, I have 2 balconies to keep watered, & I've been trying to catch up on things around the house - finished a couple of sewing projects that've been hanging around, made some jam, etc. Also, I've been having weekly piano lessons instead of bi-weekly, except for this week, because my teacher's away.

I got away to visit my cousin & his daughter for a few days. My cousin has a new puppy, a golden retriever, who's a real sweetie. I had to go meet him, though I just realized I didn't get any pictures. I played my cousin's piano every day while I was there, & a couple of times I even played the neglected-to-the-point-of-abuse wonderful old piano in his daughter's cabin where I stayed.

The weather here's been phenomenal this summer - Vancouver's going to lose it's reputation for having a 12-month rainy season. Hope everyone's having a good summer.

#2310401 - 08/02/14 10:11 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
Geds Offline

Loc: Canberra AUS
Just checking in - I had two work trips in July if I can retrospectively be excused for?
July 7-11 and July 22-28.
But otherwise still on the wagon!

#2310492 - 08/03/14 02:50 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
PatrickBl Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Australia
Can I be excused from 9 - 16 August please? I'm going on a cruise/vacation. Wonder if they'll let me play their grands?

Patrick.

#2310497 - 08/03/14 03:42 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]

Geds and Patrick - you're updated.
Patrick - good luck with the grands on your holiday - I know that some of our members have managed to play on cruise ships!

#2311475 - 08/05/14 12:58 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Hello all! I just returned from a three week trip to the US for the closing on the sale of some property we had there. I am glad that is done with! My sweet husband rented a clavinova for me to practice on while I was there, so I only have a couple of piano-less days to report. I arrived in the US on July 11, and we went to our favourite hotel on the Oregon Coast, Salishan, for the weekend. They used to have a piano, but they sold it(!) so I missed playing July 11-12. On the return trip, I also missed August 3rd as a travel day. Other than that, I was able to play everyday. However, I am not quite ready for the quarterly recital yet!!

Working on:
Handel - Allemande in A Minor
Bach - Inv. #14
Beethoven - Sonata #79 2nd mvmt
Kuhlau op. 88 - 3

#2311495 - 08/05/14 01:42 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: SwissMS]
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
Originally Posted By: SwissMS
Hello all! I just returned from a three week trip to the US for the closing on the sale of some property we had there. I am glad that is done with! My sweet husband rented a clavinova for me to practice on while I was there, so I only have a couple of piano-less days to report. I arrived in the US on July 11, and we went to our favourite hotel on the Oregon Coast, Salishan, for the weekend. They used to have a piano, but they sold it(!) so I missed playing July 11-12. On the return trip, I also missed August 3rd as a travel day. Other than that, I was able to play everyday. However, I am not quite ready for the quarterly recital yet!!

Way to make the effort! I'm going to be going on a road trip for a week to visit family. My sister, whom I staying with, has a keyboard, so hopefully I can get some practice in while I'm there.
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#2311538 - 08/05/14 03:28 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Morodiene]
ClsscLib Online   content

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Northern VA, U.S.
I regret that work travel will make it impossible for me to practice Wednesday (tomorrow), and probably Thursday too (I don't get home until 10pm).

I hate it when work gets between me and my piano!

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins

#2311571 - 08/05/14 04:19 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]

Joyoussong! Sorry I missed your post--- good for you, you're really on track!

Our summer has been, and will continue to be, very busy - but great fun.

I bet your balcony is looking splendid. I have some herbs on mine, but no flowers.

SwissMS - Your husband is a real gem! There are a lot of spouses that don't get MOYD - I'd say yours is NOT one of those! Good for you - and congrats on closing the sale!

Morodiene - hope you get to play as planned while you're away.

#2312301 - 08/07/14 08:08 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
Palmpirate Offline

Loc: B.C.Canada

MYOD Keeping Me Honest

My favourite days start with a cup of tea and lap top time with my other half.
Then I like to practise, early before the day really starts. It’s usually very productive and can last 90 mins or so depending on the day.
I get up properly and dress casually to go greet staff opening the wine shop for 11am, and I head outside to the vineyard or garden for a few hours until around 2pm.
Now it’s time to ‘glad rag’ the pubic for a short while, see to chores and run errands for business or house.
Dinner is around 7pm. Evenings are lazy and often involve a little light piano playing.

Lately I haven’t wanted to get up.

I have had to ‘go back to work’ and take on responsibilities for Personnel and the Wine shop due to a key employee’s diagnosis with cancer.
There has been a crisis in the vineyard which has brought me back into vineyard management to save the vines,
We had a 10 day run of Shakespeare at the Villa which meant we were ‘on duty’ til the gates closed at around 10pm.
We have a new release of Phantom Red to commemorate a performance of Phantom at the Villa and there have been all sorts of problems with the new label and bottling.
It never rains but it pours!
Thank goodness Vibes and the Vine takes care of itself - I love Music Co-ordinator!

So for the last month - July - I managed maybe 10-20 mins practice before leaping into my other life.

August has me mindful of MYOD and determined to touch the keys for at least 5 mins when I can. Often its with my cup of tea in the morning, and then I race down to the office to check the computer before staff arrive. But with the best of intentions I admit to falling off the wagon since last week end August 3rd to 6th and find myself ‘fessing up’.

CFSF has their AGM here at the Villa next week which my piano teacher/coach has been organizing. I hope to get inspiration from going to listen to the finals! Lessons have been post phoned until after that when maybe life will have calmed down on most fronts!

So when I have my tea this morning I shall play something and work at least on one ‘practise’ item.

- that will give me every reason to look forward to getting up!

#2312305 - 08/07/14 08:12 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]

Palmpirate - you must be running ragged! ...and I am guessing that once August is over you'll be dealing with the harvest! No rest for you!

Hang in there , get in what you can on the piano and make it a moment of joy to start your day with!

#2313753 - 08/10/14 09:03 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: WiseBuff]
gingko2 Offline

Loc: MA, USA
Please put me on the excused list. Was out-of-town on a teaching gig from July 29-Aug. 9.

One good thing, I guess, is that the playing break coincided with a flare up of "golfer's elbow" with wrist and hand pain, Too much "week-end warrior" yard (and computer) work? I'm hoping that's what did it because I've been really conscious about releasing tension while I play. I will play today, but carefully. Will go to P.T. In another week. I'm admitting that it's time to do regular exercise instead of just jumping into any activity that I feel like--too many injuries from enthusiasm. Sigh!

Kawai CA63

working on:

Khachaturian: Andantino, Ivan Goes to a Party
Bach: Invention #6
Bartok: Joc cu Bata
Pachelbel: Ciaccona
Debussy: Jimbo's Lullaby

#2313778 - 08/10/14 10:40 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: gingko2]
Palmpirate Offline

I so understand about the overdoing of different activities and then paying the price
I am know to spend far too long out in the vineyard - because its beautiful and peaceful and I listen to Chopin, but too many hours of pruning etc and my hands cave in - not good at all.
same with gardening, or catching up on the computer. Now I get called in by someone who knows me all too well and has to live through the consequences too.
Never too long at the piano though!
I just loved Debussy's Children's Corner - I always smile thinking of Jimbo snoring - a big grey elephant in my imagination!
Take care of those hands...

#2313798 - 08/10/14 12:00 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]

Gingko2 --- do take care and treat yourself gently!

Palmpirate - well, over-working in the vineyards is something not many of us have to worry about - you be careful too!

#2313878 - 08/10/14 04:00 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
gingko2 Offline

Loc: MA, USA
Thanks for well-wishes, Palmpirate and casinitaly.

My hands hurt just thinking about pruning in a vineyard. Those grape vines are tough!

I'm trying to be smart but let's see how long that holds up. It's really hard not to use hands.

Kawai CA63

working on:

Khachaturian: Andantino, Ivan Goes to a Party
Bach: Invention #6
Bartok: Joc cu Bata
Pachelbel: Ciaccona
Debussy: Jimbo's Lullaby

#2314444 - 08/12/14 09:36 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
Yevonnael Andrew Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
Can I join? If so, count me in.
I practice for about one hour each day.
But for today until next week I can practice for up to three hours each day.

#2315376 - 08/14/14 09:30 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Yevonnael Andrew]
BB Player Offline

Loc: Not in Texas
Originally Posted By: Yevonnael Andrew
Can I join? If so, count me in.
I practice for about one hour each day.
But for today until next week I can practice for up to three hours each day.

Of course you can join and welcome! I've added you to the list.

Note: I'm sitting in for Cheryl while she's traveling.

#2316370 - 08/16/14 09:00 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]

I fell off the wagon, yesterday Aug. 15. My niece was having her sweet sixteen party and I spent the past few days helping her mother run all over creation to take care of last-minute things. I managed to play every day prior to that, and played again today despite now having caught a cold >_< . I have a couple of relaxing days before the long drive home to WI for 2 weeks, and then moving back to FL after that. Oy.

#2317688 - 08/20/14 11:29 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
Palmpirate Offline

So Wednesday14th to Wed 20th was a terrible week for piano.
Big dinner here for CFMF , Big Wedding BBQ function,Big Phantom concert with 255 in audience....! Then our little truck got stolen Sunday night so lots of frantic RCMP activity Monday morning. Tuesday difficult employee reviews for two staff members, and filling in for them today. Stop the wagon I want to get off!
Well really I want to get back on as far as piano goes!

#2319925 - 08/26/14 02:58 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]

Ok, we're all up to date - We've had some real ups and downs the past couple of weeks!

Thanks Greg, for covering for me while I was on vacation!

We just got back from 2 fabulous weeks in Scotland. I managed to play the morning we left and the evening we got back so I'm excused from 12 August to 24.

#2319937 - 08/26/14 03:46 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Ok, we're all up to date - We've had some real ups and downs the past couple of weeks!

We just got back from 2 fabulous weeks in Scotland. I managed to play the morning we left and the evening we got back so I'm excused from 12 August to 24.

You should have said, you could have played my brothers piano in Glasgow

#2319941 - 08/26/14 03:52 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: earlofmar]

Originally Posted By: earlofmar
Originally Posted By: casinitaly

You should have said, you could have played my brothers piano in Glasgow

Oh, now wouldn't that have been fun!
I loved Scotland so much, there may be a next time .... smile

#2320026 - 08/26/14 05:06 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
barbaram Offline

welcome back Casinitaly!
Can I please go on the excused list for Sat 23 Aug - I was away for the weekend.

#2320102 - 08/26/14 09:22 AM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]

I will be traveling back south to warmer climes for the winter this weekend, and I may have to drive the whole way! So I'd like to be excused for Saturday August 30. I should arrive on Sunday, and you'd better believe I want to run to my Petrof and play!

#2321186 - 08/28/14 03:45 PM Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly]
AliAlkhiro Offline

Loc: Baghdad, Iraq
I hereby declare that I shall practice my piano every day from hence forward, and may all who read this post bear witness to my oath.

Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuner Recommendation
by DancerJ
09/22/14 03:58 PM
Opening a Kawai ES7
by ColoRodney
09/22/14 03:32 PM
Kawai MP11 black key noise?
by rungabic
09/22/14 11:35 AM
Rachmaninoff 2 and broken strings
by Anne'sson
09/22/14 09:31 AM
Kawai CN24 vs Kawai CA65 Vs Acoustic
by Luca33
09/22/14 08:55 AM
Who's Online
136 registered (Arizona Sage, accordeur, ajames, Anne'sson, 39 invisible), 1690 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76285 Members
42 Forums
157692 Topics
2316253 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission