Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
141 registered (anamnesis, ando, Alexander Borro, ajames, anotherscott, 40 invisible), 1746 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#2312606 - 08/07/14 07:06 PM Ron, please details on decluttering
Shey Offline

Loc: Greater Manchester, England
Hi Ron,it seems as though your decluttering has helped your piano playing experience. Please can you tell us how you have cleared up to enhance your playing. It can't be just your "system" that is opening your mind, I am doing the Fundamental Keys programme and it suits my needs really well. However, I would love to tidy my home space to enhance my piano practise. Please can you give some pointers as to how you began and step by step as to how you made the space you needed to make yourself feel productive in your playing. I think you have found the perfect method for you. Well done for that. Hope you can provide inspiration.

Edited by Shey (08/07/14 07:08 PM)
Adult returner

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2312678 - 08/07/14 09:48 PM Re: Ron, please details on decluttering [Re: Shey]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
When I got my System. I was reading through it. It's great. Everything just clicked with me. Great understanding. Taking training from the ground up. Not leaving anything out. It was a wonderful experience to my mind. This was after a year in Alfred's. I didn't like my lack of focus. Something was missing. Everything missing was put in on this System. My mind was in heaven. But then, I would look up from reading. I would see nothing but clutter in my home. Everything placed everywhere. My mind didn't like what I saw.
Now I'm not a person who likes to appear pretentious. I don't like to have things appearing really nice to impress anyone. I'm not impressed by that. I decided to change my environment to match up with what was now very uncluttered in my mind. I now have things uncluttered, put away, gotten rid of, set up to work best, and clean.
I've posted these and more pics before. I'll just post for an example of before.

I had things all over. This room was combined with both my exercise floor and my piano. Nothing was focused.

I've ended up with basically this:

I started by cleaning out two of my three bedrooms. I had boxes of stuff in those rooms that I really didn't need to have sitting in boxes. Devoted one of those rooms to my exercise floor. Got it out of the living room. I bought the stand for the keyboard, monitors also. Got the TV for the wall. I have two pair of monitors. One now stays in a closet until I change them. I also gave some stuff away. Sold some stuff. Things I really didn't need to have anymore. Didn't use them. Or couldn't see using them in the near future. After getting the place straightened up. I went out and straightened out my garage. I needed to build traps for sound. That is done mostly in the garage. I'm not done with the traps. I really don't want to post any pictures of that. It looks really impressive. I'm not doing it for that. Kinda embarrasses me to think of posting pictures like that.

The environment is much clearer and clean. It's nice. Matches up more with what is now going through my mind.
Now I've taken it to myself. The System says you always should do some movements before playing. Get the blood flowing before you play. So I always do something before. Doesn't matter whether it's Joint Mobility, Freedom of Movement., or Yoga. I do something. When anything is bothering you. That is something that is in your base mind. That is as much a part of your nervous system as your brain. If you move all six ways you can move, all in a row. That will wipe that clean. Leaves you clean so you can play without distraction. Makes it easy to focus on piano instead of problems.
I've also gotten back into exercise. Haven't been into it the way I should since driving a truck. The exercise is important for my brain. Much change is going on in my brain.

Yes, everything I have done has helped me. But it all really started with the straight thinking in my System. I now have a home that matches up with my mind. I think it really effects my nervous system or base mind. That is something that is very stupid and needs this kind of input. In the end, it's for learning to play piano. Which is quite a bit of training for the nervous system.

I hope I answered your question?

I wish all of you on Rachel's System the best. For me, Mary's Artistry Alliance is it. Just too much understanding of what goes into learning to play there.

Edited by rnaple (08/07/14 09:53 PM)
Edit Reason: typo....darn spell checker keeps changing words

#2312793 - 08/08/14 04:58 AM Re: Ron, please details on decluttering [Re: Shey]
Shey Offline

Thanks Ron, I like your set up and you seem well sorted out. I love seeing pictures of others pianos. Mine is in the living room squashed next to the tv and window. I'm looking to get a portable piano for upstairs and really need to declutter before I get one. Yes you have inspired me to tidy up. Still a little confused about the purchasing of a digital situation. So many pros and cons in the reviews. May get the Roland F20, affordable and neat, but not 100% sure yet.
What is your piano and are you happy with it, I'm sure you are. Hope all goes well with your sound board stuff.
Adult returner

#2312851 - 08/08/14 08:56 AM Re: Ron, please details on decluttering [Re: Shey]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Looks great!
Compared to my house, your before picture looks cleaned up and decluttered!

#2313001 - 08/08/14 02:24 PM Re: Ron, please details on decluttering [Re: rnaple]
JohnSprung Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Reseda, California
Ron, what is this system, and where do you get it?

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690

#2313090 - 08/08/14 05:00 PM Re: Ron, please details on decluttering [Re: Shey]
Shey Offline

Ron's system is Artistry Alliance, it seems its a learning programme that might suit various people. We all tend or hope to find a system or programme of learning that suits our needs and of course we are all different. Ron seems to have found a perfect one for him. It was so interesting to hear him talk about how he needed to focus and one way was to declutter his house so that he could focus on his piano playing and learning. Then he followed through and did this and is contented with his learning.
I must admit, focus on piano can be a massive important thing and when you are older it is very important to learn with a purposeful focus.
Hope to hear more from Ron.
Adult returner

#2313121 - 08/08/14 06:38 PM Re: Ron, please details on decluttering [Re: Shey]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
My piano is a Kawai VPC. I am very happy with it. I use IvoryII Grand Piano's as the Software Piano with it. I'm happy with that also.

My System is: Artistry Alliance
Just follow that link to see it.
If you, as an adult, were to take it. You would get the Teacher's Version. That includes the student's materials with it.
I don't mind some of the rather remedial training in there. I understand from Scott. The importance of training the nervous system from the ground up. Learn to crawl, then walk, then run. Too many walk and run. And they haven't learned how to crawl yet. They run into trouble because of it.

Edited by rnaple (08/08/14 06:39 PM)

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Daily temperature swings
by Stubbie
5 minutes 39 seconds ago
New Grotrian 6'3" v. Steinway B
by chasingrainbows
34 minutes 6 seconds ago
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
by musdan
Today at 10:07 AM
Book about Alice Herz-Sommer, pianist and holocaust survivor
by neuralfirings
Today at 09:20 AM
What does a dealer have to reveal?
by chasingrainbows
Today at 09:09 AM
Forum Stats
77053 Members
42 Forums
159366 Topics
2341026 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission