Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2315577 - 08/14/14 05:47 PM Final verdict on the Avantgrand N1 speaker system sound?
Karnevil Offline

Hi,

I have an Avantgrand N1. I recently moved to a different apartment, and I can finally use the speaker system - not playing with a headset. I can't help but feel that the speaker system sounds muffled and "distant", which gives me a poor connection with the instrument when playing. The first piano voice is rather boomy, and lacks clarity/high end. The second piano voice is too bright, and lacks samples for the very lowest and highest keys. I've played the N1 in the store, and I thought it sounded very good there. Plenty of clarity, and although the N2 obviously is superior, the N1 sounded very decent when compared directly to the N2. At home in my apartment (living room), the sound is not satisfactory to me. Is it because I have the piano standing up against a wall (not completely close of course - whereas the N1 in the local store is standing in the middle of a large room giving more room for the speakers)? I'm almost wondering if there is something wrong with the speakers in my N1 (yes there is sound from all three top speakers).

I did notice the sound was muffled in my previous apartment too, but it stood in my bedroom, and I assumed the room and furniture/bed etc. didn't work well with the N1 speaker system.) I really like the sound of the first piano voice with headset though, sounds very good to me (with the right headset).

It would be interesting to hear experiences from other N1 owners. Anyone? Thanks!

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Click Here

#2315801 - 08/15/14 05:16 AM Re: Final verdict on the Avantgrand N1 speaker system sound? [Re: Karnevil]
enzo.sandrolini Offline

Loc: Europe - France
Hello
I have a N2 and I faced same kind of trouble (but probably less important than yours as the N2 soudn system is different)
In the shop the sound was superb, in my house, it is lacking of treble I think
I think they are 3 reasons for that:
- My room is really small and the piano is really close to a wall (10 cm from the wall)
- I must raise the volume to 3/4 of max power to get a really nice sound (as it was in the shop)...but in my flat..not possible...too loud.
- I get quick familiar to the sound

The solution I have found (in importance order):
- 1st: try to set the touch sensitivity to 1 (instead of 2) => it makes the sound much more crisp
- 2nd: raise the volume as much as your neighbors will afford
- 3 rd: mix the sound with its own sound by using a mixer and increasing treble (you can connect the output sound jack to the mixer, and connect it back to input jack, or use external monitor to support the sound)
- Last solution: Mix the internal sound with a VST which you raise the treble or configure as you like

Hope that helps

Cheers

Edited by enzo.sandrolini (08/15/14 05:17 AM)

#2315896 - 08/15/14 11:24 AM Re: Final verdict on the Avantgrand N1 speaker system sound? [Re: Karnevil]
Charles Cohen Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Richmond, BC, Canada
I suggest reading this thread _all the way to the end_:

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...to%20digit.html

You're not the first person with this problem, and you won't be the last.

. Charles

#2316023 - 08/15/14 05:56 PM Re: Final verdict on the Avantgrand N1 speaker system sound? [Re: Karnevil]
Karnevil Offline

Thanks, btw. the advice about using a mixer sounds interesting. I have a mixer lying around, I will try that!

#2335269 - 10/08/14 07:31 AM Re: Final verdict on the Avantgrand N1 speaker system sound? [Re: Karnevil]
Karnevil Offline

Hi again!

I didn't want to bother with extra speakers, mixer, EQ etc., so I decided to find the best way to utilize the N1 itself. I'm very happy with the instrument after turning reverb up to "10", using patch 2 and heavy action (setting "3"). Now my N1 doesn't feel like a comprimise at all. (N2 and N3 being way out of my price range anyway here in Norway).

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Janko keyboard video
by Michael Sayers
10/21/14 08:28 PM
RECOVERING PIANO HAMMERS
by Steinway K
10/21/14 07:31 PM
Help with forum for Musette in D Major...
by ieatglitter14
10/21/14 05:27 PM
The 2 Most Common Questions Conundrum
by chernobieff
10/21/14 02:44 PM
Heroic Polonaise help please...
by ChopinLives81
10/21/14 02:28 PM
Who's Online
119 registered (accordeur, A Guy, alfredo capurso, 34 invisible), 1358 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158403 Topics
2326195 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission