2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
OP Offline
K
I am looking for a good digital piano in the price range of the Kawai CA-65 and the Roland HP-506. I originally mostly considered the Roland HP series and the Kawai CN34, but people in this forum made me aware of Kawai CA-15. I then looked into this one and found many positive opinions about the CA series in general, not only the CA-15, but also CA-65 and CA-95. I think I'm not going further up in price than CA-65. Would you say that CA-65 is currently the best choice in this price range? Or do you prefer the HP-506 or another piano? Any other opinions about which piano to pick, or just comments to the ones I mentioned?

I should perhaps mention that what matters to me, above anything else, is the playing experience itself: The key action and feel. Digital features are nice, but I know myself well enough to realize that I'm never actually going to use them.

Also, I live in Continental Europe, so US-only models don't matter much to me.

Last edited by KlaverZD; 08/17/14 04:09 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
KlaverZD, as I mentioned in your previous CN34/HP-504 thread, it's important to visit a piano store and play-test the models you are considering in person. The CN34/HP-504 are both great instruments, and the CA65/HP-506 are even better - it really comes down to personal taste.

If your priorities are keyboard action/feel, I would suggest that the Kawai offers the more realistic playing experience. Indeed, the 'Grand Feel' action is arguably the most realistic digital piano action currently available (with the exception of the AvantGrand N3).

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
S
Speaking as a US consumer who was recently in the market for a DP (went with an MP11, might be exchanging it for a VPC1, though--still pondering it), I'll say that I wish we had the CA15 here. If I could get it at a decent price a little below street (so around $2300-2400 or equivalent in €), it would have been my clear personal first choice. We have the CE220 exclusive to the US, but I think it's redundant to the CN24/34, leaving the US market with a huge gap in the $2200-$2900 home digital range that the CA15 would have nicely filled.

K
OP Offline
K
The problem is, I haven't found a place to preview the Kawai yet; that is why I'm asking so much for people's impressions. One other question: Would you say that the sound on the Roland is better than on the Kawai?

Online Content
Originally Posted by KlaverZD
The problem is, I haven't found a place to preview the Kawai yet...

If you're willing to tell me your location (private message if you are concerned about anonymity), I may be able to provide information regarding your closest Kawai dealer.

Originally Posted by KlaverZD
One other question: Would you say that the sound on the Roland is better than on the Kawai?

This really depends on the player's preference.
It's a little bit like asking "Which car is better: Nissan or Honda?"

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
K
OP Offline
K
Kawai James, thank you for your kindness. However, just today, I was able to find a store with a CA65 and a CA95, so now I have tried them. I must admit, the wood keys are indeed fascinating to play with.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission