Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2320869 - 08/27/14 10:43 PM How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York?
Paul678 Online   content
500 Post Club Member

This is a C6 Yamaha.

About how much would it cost?

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2321019 - 08/28/14 08:58 AM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
Paul678 Online   content
500 Post Club Member

2390 views, and no one has any idea at all??!?

cry

#2321023 - 08/28/14 09:09 AM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
Retsacnal Offline

Platinum Supporter until Feb 18  2015

Loc: Northern Virgina
Moving mine from Philly to Northern Virginia cost $600. Same crew picked it up one day and delivered it the next. Probably the best thing you could do is call a couple piano movers for quotes.

#2321024 - 08/28/14 09:11 AM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
Jonathan Alford Offline

Loc: Colorado
I do not think many Piano Movers frequent the forums. Try calling one - the person who delivered my piano 3 years ago from California to Colorado is based in Arizona. He did a great job for me. Greg Gerber from Arizona Piano Movers. If I remember correctly he told us a story of moving a piano into an apartment in New York - maybe they still move cross country.

#2321026 - 08/28/14 09:16 AM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
Ed A. Hall Online   content

It depends on a lot of things like pick up and delivery location, how many steps, fuel prices, etc. Best way to find out is to start calling around.

#2321028 - 08/28/14 09:17 AM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Paul, a while back I was interested in a 6'3" grand piano listed on eBay; the piano was located several states away, probably 800 miles. I got a quote from a long-distance piano moving company for about $1300, which I thought was fair, considering the distance. The move included complete break-down and set up on both ends.

Of course, the bids went higher than what I was willing to pay for the piano...

If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you the name of the company.

Hope that helps...

Rick

#2321040 - 08/28/14 09:58 AM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
PhilipInChina Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: China
I am one of the people who has viewed but not commented.

I live in Sichuan so, of course, can advise you accurately on the cost of moving your piano.

Contact a couple of piano movers and get quotes. That is the only way you are ever going to know.

#2321054 - 08/28/14 10:34 AM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
Rich Galassini Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey
There are two ways to move the piano - door to door - which would probably cost around $2000.00 to $3000.00. That is a vague ballpark which would change depending on the actual move and how many other moves can be "linked" with yours.

The other way is cheaper, but a little more risky. A local mover could bring the piano to their loading dock and some one like Keyboard Carriage could take it to another local mover with a loading dock. That mover could then make the final delivery. The cost could be 60% of the direct delivery, but if it arrives with a problem then there are three people who will all say it was another guy (been there, done that).

I hope that helps.

Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
www.cunninghampiano.com

#2321062 - 08/28/14 10:44 AM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
BruceD Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Victoria, BC
Don't want to alarm you, and this was a case with an international border crossing, but ....

Keyboard Carriage does know how to handle pianos for shipment but, as Rich said, they deliver only from dealer to dealer (with a loading dock) and they do not have men on their truck to load and unload. That is the responsibility of the dealer at either end.

Keyboard Carriage picked up my piano from the dealership in Philadelphia, destined for dealer in Victoria, BC. The piano's whereabouts after it left Philadelphia remained a mystery to me and to the dealer for six months when, it appears, it was "found" in a warehouse in southern California.

At the time, Keyboard Carriage did not have an active website and they did not seem to have an office with a telephone that anyone would answer. It was virtually impossible to get information on the piano's whereabouts.

Then, and only with the intervention of Dr. Indrek Laul, was my piano shipped from California to Vancouver (Keyboard Carriage doesn't deliver to Victoria on Vancouver Island. I learned that only after the piano was shipped!) It arrived in Vancouver on the only day of the week when the designated dealer with a loading dock did not have staff to off-load the piano, in spite of specific instructions to Keyboard Carriage, but the quick-thinking dealer (otherwise the piano would have gone back across the border with Keyboard Carriage!) called a local storage company who accepted the piano and unloaded it from Keyboard Carriage's truck.

Then, after another three weeks in storage in Vancouver, the piano was delivered to me seven months after it left Philadelphia.

Cost of shipment : Philadelphia to Vancouver, $750.00; Vancouver to Victoria : $700.00 - and no charge for the California warehousing! We won't even talk about import duties, but since the piano was manufactured in Europe, NAFTA (North America Freed Trade Agreement) regulations did not apply.

Only those piano lovers who have eagerly awaited the delivery of the piano of their choosing can appreciate the angst that this situation caused!

Regards,

#2327888 - 09/15/14 10:49 PM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: Paul678]
chernobieff Offline

Loc: Tennessee, USA
Az. to NY. I'd be worried more about the mortgage than the cost of the piano move.
"You know I'm a voter. Aren't you suppose to lie to me and kiss my butt?"
Dr. Peter Venkman

#2327902 - 09/15/14 11:33 PM Re: How much to Move a piano from Tucson, AZ, to New York? [Re: BruceD]
Rich Galassini Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey
Originally Posted By: BruceD
Don't want to alarm you, and this was a case with an international border crossing, but ....

Keyboard Carriage does know how to handle pianos for shipment but, as Rich said, they deliver only from dealer to dealer (with a loading dock) and they do not have men on their truck to load and unload. That is the responsibility of the dealer at either end.

Keyboard Carriage picked up my piano from the dealership in Philadelphia, destined for dealer in Victoria, BC. The piano's whereabouts after it left Philadelphia remained a mystery to me and to the dealer for six months when, it appears, it was "found" in a warehouse in southern California.

At the time, Keyboard Carriage did not have an active website and they did not seem to have an office with a telephone that anyone would answer. It was virtually impossible to get information on the piano's whereabouts.

Then, and only with the intervention of Dr. Indrek Laul, was my piano shipped from California to Vancouver (Keyboard Carriage doesn't deliver to Victoria on Vancouver Island. I learned that only after the piano was shipped!) It arrived in Vancouver on the only day of the week when the designated dealer with a loading dock did not have staff to off-load the piano, in spite of specific instructions to Keyboard Carriage, but the quick-thinking dealer (otherwise the piano would have gone back across the border with Keyboard Carriage!) called a local storage company who accepted the piano and unloaded it from Keyboard Carriage's truck.

Then, after another three weeks in storage in Vancouver, the piano was delivered to me seven months after it left Philadelphia.

Cost of shipment : Philadelphia to Vancouver, $750.00; Vancouver to Victoria : $700.00 - and no charge for the California warehousing! We won't even talk about import duties, but since the piano was manufactured in Europe, NAFTA (North America Freed Trade Agreement) regulations did not apply.

Only those piano lovers who have eagerly awaited the delivery of the piano of their choosing can appreciate the angst that this situation caused!

Regards,

Bruce,

I knew there were bumps in that move, but I don't think I ever knew the whole story. I am so sorry you went through that.
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
www.cunninghampiano.com

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
45 minutes 37 seconds ago
Prelude
by noobpianist90
Today at 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Communication outside of lessons
by Arghhh
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
What is this piece?
by JoelW
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
Who's Online
66 registered (accordeur, AliAlkhiro, Al LaPorte, Adypiano, alfredo capurso, 14 invisible), 953 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76645 Members
42 Forums
158486 Topics
2327436 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission