2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
21 members (cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 5 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Moonlight Sonata

This is a YouTube of a CA93 and Moonlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQzTN4zb2Q

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
A Tired, Retired, Dreamer ...
P
P
Would love to hear the second movement on the ES7/CA95.

K
K
Originally Posted by McBuster
Moonlight Sonata

This is a YouTube of a CA93 and Moonlight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQzTN4zb2Q

Jon, indeed, this is very nice playing and using CA93 probably to its maximal capabilities -- layering of sounds following famous TADuchman's thread with CA93/63 presets, but CA93 is using RM3 keyboard while ES7 is using RHII keyboard which are not the same IIRC. So the question of the ES7/RHII key length and hence sensibility still remains open. At least to me.
Thanks!
Karel

November 2011: piano entered into my life.
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
still haven't tried the ES7 or CA-x5 series yet.. last kawai digital I played was the mp10 and ca93..

if I get into NAMM 2013, maybe I can try them out.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
I just uploaded the link as someone playing Moonlight on a Kawai Digital. Nothing more ...

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
A Tired, Retired, Dreamer ...
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Hey, I'm also a newbie here!
I bought an ES7 too, last week, and it's a very good instrument for the price (shown in "prices paid").
Thank you everyone here for your helpful comments.
During this first week using it no real complications were found. I mean good sounds and rythms, perfect keybed (no clicks or misalignment)and no speaker's distortion. Nice pedal action, too.
Just a CON : spanish version of the user's manual is a little...how to say it? Not as bad as usual, but it could be better. At least for the crutial pages 34-35 (sound tweak storage) that took me some good couple of hours to understand. Well, maybe it's me to blame.
English version is about the same in that point.
Anyway, should we open a new ES7 user's thread, or something?
(I beg your pardon for my english, it's a long time ago since I last wrote something).

Learning piano from scratch since September, 2012.
Kawai ES7.Kawai K-200
M
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Hi mabraman, Congrats on your new ES7! I have been playing my ES7 for a week now and learned to navigate menu quickly and take full advantage of many features ES7 has to offer. It's pretty amazing how customizable this DP really is in addition to it's wonderful action, sound, and overall feel.

I will gladly contribute to a Kawai ES7 user thread. But Im a newbie too and should ask some senior members if good idea. What do any of you think JFP, Kawai James, dmd, sandalholme? Good idea or should we just send PMs?

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Marko in Boston
Hi mabraman, Congrats on your new ES7! I have been playing my ES7 for a week now and learned to navigate menu quickly and take full advantage of many features ES7 has to offer. It's pretty amazing how customizable this DP really is in addition to it's wonderful action, sound, and overall feel.

I will gladly contribute to a Kawai ES7 user thread. But Im a newbie too and should ask some senior members if good idea. What do any of you think JFP, Kawai James, dmd, sandalholme? Good idea or should we just send PMs?

We have had specific model threads on here before, when users exchanged settings, shared photos and such. The CA65/95 and CN33 come to mind as examples. I don't think they cluttered the forum as they tend to quiet down after a while.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
mabraman, thank you for posting your feedback about the ES7.

Regarding this point:

Originally Posted by mabraman
Just a CON : spanish version of the user's manual is a little...how to say it? Not as bad as usual, but it could be better. At least for the crutial pages 34-35 (sound tweak storage) that took me some good couple of hours to understand. Well, maybe it's me to blame.
English version is about the same in that point.

I agree that this process is a little complicated, partly due to the fact that there are four 'banks' (A, B, C, D) for each registration memory button. I tried to ensure that the owner's manual explanation for this point was a clear as possible, however even then, I can appreciate that the process may require a few attempts to understand fully.

It's entirely up to users, such as yourself. wink

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Kawai James

I agree that this process is a little complicated, partly due to the fact that there are four 'banks' (A, B, C, D) for each registration memory button. I tried to ensure that the owner's manual explanation for this point was a clear as possible, however even then, I can appreciate that the process may require a few attempts to understand fully.

It's entirely up to users, such as yourself. wink

Cheers,
James
x

Please James, it's me who has to be thankful for all of your explanations here and in other threads. In fact, one of my reasons to choose this DP was I'm confident that you will be near if I (we) have any issue.
This said, there are a couple of thougts that I'm going to share with you, regardind pages mentioned above (but perhaps useful in every manual):
-Some words are automatically translated into (latin-american!)spanish misusing desinences, just the way it's done in (South and Central)America . For instance, "registration" becomes "registración", wich is usually fine...but in this particular case (and country)it doesn´t work, 'cause "registración" is not a real spanish world, but a borrowed english one, closer to spanglish.Proper word is "registro".It's not the end of the world, but for some people it could be disturbing as it all starts wrong from the very beginning.I figure that the States are you main target so this issue is just for spaniards. Am I too picky?
-In my opinion it would be very useful a more accurate overview about how the registration is organized, before explaining each possibility it offers to users.Maybe when I start the new thread whistle I'll try to do it.
But believe me, these are just details, and sometimes is more a user's-related issue (at least it could be my case).Why, if not, did it took me so much time to understand that I had to keep some buttons held (page 35) instead of tuching them once (p.34), so that I could record my sound and touch preferences? grin
Just think that manuals (please, I don't mean this one) are like airports: the worse part of a fantastic jouney.

Learning piano from scratch since September, 2012.
Kawai ES7.Kawai K-200
mabraman, thank you for highlighting these points - I will have to raise this topic with our Spanish language translator.

Regarding the button press types (when to press and hold the button etc.), please refer to the 'Owner Manual Conventions', which should be printed on page 137 of the owner's manual.

[Linked Image]

Kind regards,
James
x

C
C
Originally Posted by Kawai James
mabraman, thank you for highlighting these points - I will have to raise this topic with our Spanish language translator.
[...]
Kind regards,
James
x

Hello,

as a spaniard I wholly subscribe what mabraman said about "registraciones". It's not an spanish word and to me it speaks low quality translation and I will immediately switch to the english version if available. smile

G
G
Marko - I am considering getting an ES7. Are you still happy with your purchase?

M
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by gbitw
Marko - I am considering getting an ES7. Are you still happy with your purchase?

Extremely happy!! I put it through helll for a over a year at gigs that I never anticipated when i bought it (long story). Worked out great! Now it mostly stays in my office for daily practice as how I originally intended to use it. However, I still occasionally use it for small solo gigs at local elementary school, church, and a nursing home. Im happy to say that all is in perfect working order - especially the keys. The ES7 is by far the best sounding, action, and quality of any stage piano with on-board speakers available IMO. Try to demo it if you can.

OT: What have you looked at so far? What are your requirements?

G
G
I have looked at Yamaha P-155/255, Casio PX350, and Roland (can't recall which model). My primary goals are high quality piano sound, nice action, portable. Speakers are a nice to have; however, I would nix those if it meant a major increase in quality.

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Speakers are a nice to have; however, I would nix those if it meant a major increase in quality.

I add +1 to Marko's comments.

I would also add that I do not believe you will find external speakers to give you a "major" increase in quality over the onboard speakers of the ES7. You may get more power but not much better quality.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
G
G
@Marko - Where did you buy your ES7 from? That is a great price!

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I think what gbitw meant was that by not getting speakers, perhaps he or she could get a better keyboard at the price (or weight). The Kawai MP7 comes to mind, which is alleged to have a better keyboard and certainly more sounds, but lacks the speakers. I'm an ES7 owner and quite happy; but piano sounds are my bread and butter.

I don't think I'd seen this thread before, but in reference to an earlier comment: I love that the volume slider only affects the internal speakers and not the line outs -- when I play on stage and use the speakers for monitors, it's really nice to be able to adjust the volume of the speakers without adjusting the level of audio I'm sending to the sound guy. It's the first keyboard I've owned that had that feature.

Rodney Sauer
Kawai KG-2E • Kawai ES8 • Kawai ES920
Originally Posted by ColoRodney
The Kawai MP7...is alleged to have a better keyboard [than the ES7]

Please note that both the MP7 and ES7 utilise the same 'Responsive Hammer II' (RHII) keyboard actions.

Kind regards,
James
x

M
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
@Marko - Where did you buy your ES7 from? That is a great price!

Wonderful Kawai dealer in Salem, NH. Ask for John, the owner. Great guy!

http://www.londonderrypiano.com/

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission