Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2332922 - Yesterday at 07:38 AM For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)...
mrmacmusic Online   content

Loc: Central Scotland
I'm hoping it's OK to post this here...?

Having returned my (second) MP11, I no longer have a need for the Quiklok WS650 stand (or indeed the PreSonus Eris E4.5 monitors) that I bought to go with it back in June. You can see them in this post, and both the stand and monitors are completely as new and in original packaging neither were moved once taken out their respective boxes as the MP11 was to be my home piano......

If anyone is interested in both together or the stand on its' own, please send me a PM UK shipping only though (or Central Scotland collection) smile

Edited by mrmacmusic (Yesterday at 09:25 AM)

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Special Financing on Digital Keyboards

Click Here

#2332956 - Yesterday at 09:35 AM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]
ChoPraTs Online   content

Loc: Spain
What happened with your Kawai MP11? Why returned? Have you returned two MP11 or you bought two and now you will use only one?

#2332976 - Yesterday at 10:46 AM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: ChoPraTs]

Originally Posted By: ChoPraTs
What happened with your Kawai MP11? Why returned? Have you returned two MP11 or you bought two and now you will use only one?

I've returned two MP11 as I wasn't happy with the mechanical noise from the action (similar noises to that discussed in this other thread). Much as I loved the sound and feel of the MP11, I didn't want a third unit, so decided to purchase a home piano instead... hence the reason the stand and monitors are now surplus to requirements.

Edited by mrmacmusic (Yesterday at 10:47 AM)

#2332984 - Yesterday at 11:26 AM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]
toddy Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Portugal
Have you decided which piano you're going to get? It'd certainly be worth trying it first to make sure a properly functioning model doesn't make a noise you'd find troublesome.

Reaper / NI Komplete 9 /Kontakt 5// EWQL Sym Choirs/ Sym Orchestra Silver/ MOR2
Mics: SP B1 & MXL V67g/ Alesis MicTube Preamp/ Xenyx302/ Yamaha HS7s .

"Only a fool is fooled" pv88, All Fools' Day 2014.

#2332985 - Yesterday at 11:29 AM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: toddy]

Originally Posted By: toddy
Have you decided which piano you're going to get? It'd certainly be worth trying it first to make sure a properly functioning model doesn't make a noise you'd find troublesome.

Thanks, I've already got it Toddy... and I'm enjoying playing my shiny new Clavinova CLP585 smile

#2332986 - Yesterday at 11:33 AM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]
toddy Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Portugal
Lovely - we've heard some very good reports (sometimes more like rumours!) about this new Clavinova - both in terms of sound and touch. Sounds like a very fine quality digital piano.

..Sorry, can't help with the selling of the stand and speakers. I've already got too much clobber.

Edited by toddy (Yesterday at 11:42 AM)

Reaper / NI Komplete 9 /Kontakt 5// EWQL Sym Choirs/ Sym Orchestra Silver/ MOR2
Mics: SP B1 & MXL V67g/ Alesis MicTube Preamp/ Xenyx302/ Yamaha HS7s .

"Only a fool is fooled" pv88, All Fools' Day 2014.

#2332999 - Yesterday at 12:07 PM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]
rungabic Offline

Originally Posted By: mrmacmusic
Originally Posted By: ChoPraTs

I've returned two MP11 as I wasn't happy with the mechanical noise from the action (similar noises to that discussed in this other thread). Much as I loved the sound and feel of the MP11, I didn't want a third unit, so decided to purchase a home piano instead... hence the reason the stand and monitors are now surplus to requirements.

Considering I'm waiting on my third MP11 (groan) to arrive in a couple of weeks, I don't like hearing other reports of excessive noise in the action. That being said, the first unit I received seemed to have perfectly "quiet" action...but the case had some cosmetic dents and it stunk to high heaven. The second unit was visually perfect, was more or less adequate olfactorily , but had noisy black keys that everyone concurred were abnormal. Most other people seem to think the MP11 and Kawai in general has quiet action, so I'm hoping this is a relatively rare occurrence.

Maybe you gave up too soon, but I fully understand the hassle factor. I'm actually afraid of getting the next one and discovering the same or new flaws. And I'm sick of unpacking and re-packing these beasts.

Edited by rungabic (Yesterday at 12:10 PM)

#2333028 - Yesterday at 02:11 PM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]

Ops... bad news. Well, I like the Kawai MP11 a lot and it's my favorite candidate to buy in few months, but I don't like hear (read) problems related with it.

Perhaps you have been unlucky, a coincidence made that you receive two bad units with problems... so I hope to have more luck when I buy mine in some months.

#2333032 - Yesterday at 02:24 PM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]
Starboard Offline

What did you think about the WS650 stand? I have a pretty newly-arrived VPC1 with a WS550 stand (which I believe to be functionally identical to the WS650 save for locking height-adjustment knobs), and I've found the stand to be way too wobbly for my preference. I've seen a lot of positive remarks about the WS550/650 throughout my forum searches here, so I was a little surprised to experience its poor performance in my own usage. I'm sure it can depend a lot on the type of music that one plays, but I'm curious how you thought it held up when you used it with the MP11.

#2333037 - Yesterday at 02:53 PM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]
kanadajin Offline

I have a WS550 stand on which my MP11 is resting. I am a little surprised about the comments that this stand is too wobbly as I find it to be on the contrary surprisingly sturdy, even under quite energetic playing.

Having said this, there is a little bit of movement (non objectionable to me) under specific circumstances; for example if I am playing block chords on the black keys and need to slide my hand(s) over to chord the white keys immediately adjacent (appogiature - sorry I do not know the english term for this) during f or ff passages, there is a little front/back movement, i.e. towards and away from the player but it is very small in amplitude. I find the side-to-side movement to be either absent or negligible under pretty well all conditions, even under pounding or finger slides.

The comments from others make me wonder whether the actual placement angle of the adjustable legs might have an impact on this issue.

ChoPraTs (te he leido en el foro Hispasonic) I too was somewhat concerned by certain comments I was reading on the MP11 prior to purchase. But the first unit I received arrived in pristine condition and without any defects. The F30 pedal (not the actual keyboard) developed an intermittent issue after 3 weeks but a replacement is on the way from Kawai. I am extremely happy with my purchase. (Creo que no te arrepentias con este teclado - saludos)

#2333046 - Yesterday at 03:20 PM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]
Enthusiast Offline

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: toddy

Thanks, I've already got it Toddy... and I'm enjoying playing my shiny new Clavinova CLP585 smile

Would be very interested to hear some comparisons between the MP11 and CLP585 in a separate topic if need be. Action, sound, features, pedals and in particular how the speaker system compares to the monitors you were using.

I expect the CLP585 must have cost a whole lot more than your MP11 + extras.

Edited by Enthusiast (Yesterday at 03:22 PM)

#2333083 - Yesterday at 05:14 PM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: mrmacmusic]

Thanks kanadajin. I hope so... smile

#2333229 - Today at 03:56 AM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: kanadajin]

Originally Posted By: Starboard
What did you think about the WS650 stand? I have a pretty newly-arrived VPC1 with a WS550 stand (which I believe to be functionally identical to the WS650 save for locking height-adjustment knobs), and I've found the stand to be way too wobbly for my preference. I've seen a lot of positive remarks about the WS550/650 throughout my forum searches here, so I was a little surprised to experience its poor performance in my own usage. I'm sure it can depend a lot on the type of music that one plays, but I'm curious how you thought it held up when you used it with the MP11.

My experience of the WS650 is pretty much as outlined in kanadajin's post above (regarding the WS550) the MP11 was solid with no side-to-side movement or rocking whatsoever, although occasionally there was the tiniest amount of front/back movement if you were digging in to big ff chordal passages.

#2333236 - Today at 04:19 AM Re: For sale: stand & monitors (used with MP11)... [Re: Enthusiast]

Originally Posted By: Enthusiast
Would be very interested to hear some comparisons between the MP11 and CLP585 in a separate topic if need be. Action, sound, features, pedals and in particular how the speaker system compares to the monitors you were using.

They're chalk and cheese really Enthusiast... I'll try and post my thoughts on the comparison when I get the chance though.

Quote:
I expect the CLP585 must have cost a whole lot more than your MP11 + extras.

Ain't that the truth, and it would be helpful to sell on the stand and monitors to recoup at least part of the additional investment...

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question on Dampp Chaser installation
by electone2007
Today at 02:56 AM
Help to choose between upright Yamaha JU109 & Ritmuller110r2
by yurana
Today at 02:01 AM
I've got it! Who remembers that Steinway O project?
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 01:29 AM
A study of the practice behaviors of effective pianists
by lyricmudra
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Ease of play - Yamaha p35 or p105
by DeadPoets
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Who's Online
61 registered (AZNpiano, Alux, Al LaPorte, barbaram, adrpiano, AtomicBond, 13 invisible), 1059 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76399 Members
42 Forums
157943 Topics
2319500 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission