2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, 13 invisible), 1,873 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2334739 10/06/14 05:59 PM
E
OP Offline
E
After being the whole summer on the road, jumping from one gig to the next, I'll finally be back home in London this coming weekend. First thing on the list: get the new baby, your majesty the Kawai VPC1 smile
I did my homework beforehand while traveling and read countless articles, blogs, manuals and watched a gazillion Youtube videos about possible configurations (monitors, piano software, stand etc).
The remaining dilemma is: where should I get the VPC1?
After browsing the web I found a few stores that carry this model and offer free shipping throughout the UK:

http://rosemorris.com/products/kawai-vpc1-virtual-piano-controller

http://www.thepianoman.ltd.uk/kawai-vpc1-digital-piano.php

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kawai_vpc1.htm

http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/kawai-vpc1

http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/kawai-vpc1-virtual-piano-controller.ir

So far, the only one in London I stumbled across is Rose Morris, although when I walked into the shop a few months ago they didn't seem particoularly friendly nor eager to sell.
Thoman has good rep, but they ship from Germany and I am a bit debather weather I should go with a retailer that includes some sort of full UK warranty.
Anyone with good or bad experiences with this selles? Any words of wisdom before finalizing the purchase?

Thanx again....

Emi

Last edited by Emiliano; 10/06/14 06:01 PM.
P
pmh Offline
P
I was in Rose Morris last week and they have just received delivery of the VPC1. It was still in its box but is bound to be on the floor by now. Im sure you could pop in for a demo. I have a good relationship with the sales woman and she has always been super helpful and respectful.

Paul

Kemble Compact Acoustic Piano, Yamaha CVP 709 Polished White, Kawai MP11se, Pianoteq Standard, Galaxy Vintage D, Garritan CFX.
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Although the negative feedback on it here has been minimal in my recollection (there were a few posts about a cosmetic issue on the black keys which weren't quite as well finished) I'd guess prices are going to be much on a par, so perhaps wisest to base your dealer choice on how much hassle+delay a particular dealer drags you into should a problem arise with the VPC1. The F30 pedal doesn't have a clean record but this is a trifle in the scheme of things.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Interesting how piano showrooms can exhibit supercilious behaviour these days. When the rich dress in rags. . ."how much is that?". "If you need to ask. . .". I've experienced this often years ago. But not now. They'll sell to anybody. ..

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
E
OP Offline
E
Thanx Paul, I'll give them a second try as soon as I'll be back in town. It wasn't a lady when I was there before....instead, somebody who barely lifted his eyes off the computer when I asked for info about the instrument. That, of course, turned me off a bit....but hey, we all have our grim days every now and then cool

Last edited by Emiliano; 10/07/14 03:41 AM.
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Thanx Paul, I'll give them a second try as soon as I'll be back in town. It wasn't a lady when I was there before....instead, somebody who barely lifted his eyes off the computer when I asked for info about the instrument. That, of course, turned me off a bit....but hey, we all have our grim days every now and then cool

On the positive side RM usually let you free to wonder around and play anything for as long as you want with no pressurising sales tactics. Last time I was there comparing a Roland and Kawai side by side, it took 30 minutes before (probably the same guy) came to see what was going on and ask if I needed some help. I said no, and carried on. Perfect store, for me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission