2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, 12 invisible), 1,833 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pathbreaker
[...] I just need the family to get out of the house again and leave me alone. smile

Give them some money to go out for dinner and a movie. That's what I usually do... Oh, and suggest that it be an earlier dinner and a late movie. Throw in a few bucks for ice cream after the movie, too. wink

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
I ran through the whole suite with my teacher today, and the plan is to do five takes for each of the four pieces over the next four days, and submit the best of the bunch.

Deep breath, Red light

Go

Forrest

Mompou, Cancion y Danza #6
some Chopin, some Bach (always), Debussy
My beliefs are only that unless I can prove them.
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
I think I can get the Sarabande and the Soireee dans Granada complete, but there's little hope for the Jardin frown .

Does anyone already know this or have a recording they could submit?

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by woodog
[...] Deep breath, Red light [...]

Ignore the red light!!! mad Otherwise, you are dividing your attention, which you do not want to do. cool

Instead, play TO a person in your imaginary audience. Communicate something of value to him/her. While you are playing, pretend that he/she is the only one who will hear this secret missive. The intellectual work is done. Now, it is an endeavor of the heart waiting to be realized, and you are the only one who can say what you mean to say. wink

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
BTW: I was recently freed from a fortune cookie factory in a daring helicopter escape. I want to take this opportunity to thank both my captors and my rescuers. I learned a lot in captivity, and am enjoying my new-found freedom from other people's expectations. Their black dots and gold stars don't stick to me anymore. smile

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
G
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
G
Seems that there will be very few withdrawals from this recital. On the other hand I have got a couple of late sign-ups. Sandalholme has made harpsichord recordings of 6th Ordre of Couperin and Bach's 2nd French Suite. Then we will have two performances of Bach's 2nd Partita.

Of course I'll gladly accept any other late contribution if anyone want to participate. I really look forward to listening to all this beautiful music.

I plan to make a new thread with one post for each suite. The posts will contain links to the music and any accompanying comments. I hope this will work without any particular problems.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Cinnamonbear
[...] I just need the family to get out of the house again and leave me alone. smile

Give them some money to go out for dinner and a movie. That's what I usually do... Oh, and suggest that it be an earlier dinner and a late movie. Throw in a few bucks for ice cream after the movie, too. wink

I will have to do something like that smile

Originally Posted by Ganddalf
Seems that there will be very few withdrawals from this recital. On the other hand I have got a couple of late sign-ups. Sandalholme has made harpsichord recordings of 6th Ordre of Couperin and Bach's 2nd French Suite. Then we will have two performances of Bach's 2nd Partita.

Of course I'll gladly accept any other late contribution if anyone want to participate. I really look forward to listening to all this beautiful music.

I plan to make a new thread with one post for each suite. The posts will contain links to the music and any accompanying comments. I hope this will work without any particular problems.

Sounds good! Maybe someone like Arthur could stand in for any incomplete suites. smile

T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Morodiene
I think I can get the Sarabande and the Soireee dans Granada complete, but there's little hope for the Jardin frown .

Morodiene, I'll give it a shot -- but I'm not promising anything as of right now.

J
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
J

I have to advise against this. It will make the thread very difficult to navigate. You would end up having to link in the first post to each successive post because of all the comments that get between them. Doing them in batches like the last e-cital works well.

G
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
G
Good point. I'll split in batches then and hope that it will work well.

M
M
Originally Posted by Tim Adrianson
Originally Posted by Morodiene

Morodiene, I'll give it a shot -- but I'm not promising anything as of right now.

Thanks for the offer. Take a look at it when you have time (after you're done with everything). I'll still try to cobble something together but first I want to get the two pieces I know I can do first.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Morodiene, an update -- I went through the piece several times today, and I think I could make a reasonably decent recording this weekend. It would then be available as a back-up, meaning that I'd submit it only if you feel too uncomfortable submitting your own performance. Just let me know one way or the other.

Incidentally, I submitted "Pagodes" to Ganddalf earlier this month, so that's already taken care of.

M
M
Originally Posted by Tim Adrianson
Morodiene, an update -- I went through the piece several times today, and I think I could make a reasonably decent recording this weekend. It would then be available as a back-up, meaning that I'd submit it only if you feel too uncomfortable submitting your own performance. Just let me know one way or the other.

Incidentally, I submitted "Pagodes" to Ganddalf earlier this month, so that's already taken care of.

Awesome! I'd like to give it a shot if I can, and if it's not asking you too much to record - maybe we can submit both if I can get something decent?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Morodiene, another update -- I made several "takes" of the piece today, and picked out the one I liked the best -- and so that's now available for Audacity conversion to MP3. I'll have my daughter do her thing with conversion and upload it to Box.com this weekend -- then I'll just wait until you give the piece your best shot -- I won't send it to Gandddalf until you make your decision, and let me know.

P

Gold Supporter until November 11 2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until November 11 2014
1000 Post Club Member
P
I'm in.

Best wishes-

phacke

Steinway YM (1933)
...Working on:
J. S. Bach, Toccata (G minor) BWV 915
(and trying not to forget the other stuff I know)
J
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
J
I'm going in for one take tomorrow morning. Whatever happens will happen. No regrets!

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
I'm glad I already made a recording. Even if it's really really awful it still takes the pressure down a notch.

I can relate. However, the individual pieces in my suite were recorded at different times and the levels don't match. I don't have time to correct this now. Oh well.

G
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
G
Have already got quite a few submissions. Most have just sent me links without any additional comments. Just a few sentences about the music and your own interpretation would be nice.

You can look forward to this. There is so much good music and so many excellent performances.

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Just a few sentences about the music and your own interpretation would be nice.

I was afraid I would end up writing excuses.

G
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Damon
Just a few sentences about the music and your own interpretation would be nice.

I was afraid I would end up writing excuses.

Although it seems to be very difficult it is, indeed, possible to say thing about interpretation without pointing out own mistakes and shortcomings. Or excuses....

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission