2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (20/20 Vision, clothearednincompo, Colin Miles, bcalvanese, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,941 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
pat498 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Across the winds (new age piano):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id78SOO_uT4

Splendide, Patrice! Magnifique!

Jacques (simple pianiste amateur, près de Paris, France)

Last edited by BlackWinny; 11/07/14 05:58 PM.

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
pat498 - Very nice. This is the style of piano that I aspire to. Any hints or tips on how to approach composing and, as a beginner at the piano (but experienced on other instruments) what to focus on?

I am working on hand independence via the scales both hands and what I can do with that in various ways. Bill Hinton has a couple of Youtube videos on that subject.

Thanks,

Tony

Roland V-Grand
Originally Posted by TonyB
pat498 - Very nice. This is the style of piano that I aspire to. Any hints or tips on how to approach composing and, as a beginner at the piano (but experienced on other instruments) what to focus on?

I am working on hand independence via the scales both hands and what I can do with that in various ways. Bill Hinton has a couple of Youtube videos on that subject.

Thanks,

Tony

I strongly suggest you to listen to the works from Kevin Kern (who is worldwide famous... and member of this forum)

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by BlackWinny
Originally Posted by TonyB

Thanks,

Tony

I strongly suggest you to listen to the works from Kevin Kern (who is worldwide famous... and member of this forum)

OK, thanks for the tip!

Tony

Roland V-Grand
Training on his pieces is excellent to learn the hand independence. Those from George Winston too...

And in another style (and another age), you'll find many lessons on Czerny's works to improve the independence of the hands (and of the fingers...).

Last edited by BlackWinny; 11/07/14 06:57 PM.

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by BlackWinny
Training on his pieces is excellent to learn the hand independence. Those from George Winston too...

And in another style (and another age), you'll find many lessons on Czerny's works to improve the independence of the hands (and of the fingers...).

Thanks BlackWinny. I know that some of George Winston's pieces are available in printed form as a book from (I think) Hal Leonard. Also, I could try figuring out some of them by ear. I have a George Winston box set that includes 10 of his CDs that I got at Half Price Books some time ago.

Tony

Roland V-Grand
Love it.

Relaxing and contemplative expression of the genre.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Nice, although I actually like the Magic Forest better (for other readers, I can't post a link right now, but when you go to Patrice's youtube video linked here, there's a while bunch more).

Do you sell your sheet music? If you don't, you might consider doing so online. And ranking them by difficulty. (For example, I think Across The Winds sounds a little easier than the Magic Forest). I'm sure there are a lot of adults playing piano who would love to be able to work on your music (and I'd like to play the Magic Forest!)

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission