2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (beeboss, Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,277 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Thank you for your comments, verqueue. You've been a revelation.

Originally Posted by verqueue
The counting (not metronome!) isn't about playing the piece in even pace, it's about power over your pulse and tempo. It's easier to make agogical changes when you count.
Priceless!

If I was the sort to have quotes in my signature yours would be there. smile

Richard
V
V
Originally Posted by zrtf90
Thank you for your comments, verqueue. You've been a revelation.

Originally Posted by verqueue
The counting (not metronome!) isn't about playing the piece in even pace, it's about power over your pulse and tempo. It's easier to make agogical changes when you count.
Priceless!

If I was the sort to have quotes in my signature yours would be there. smile

Thank you for your kind words, but I didn't come up with that by myself. My piano professor told me that some years ago. I think it changed almost everything in my playing, power over time helped me with my technique also.

For those who want to try: it's not easy at the beginning, it takes some time. I needed a half of the year to be able to count aloud in tempo when playing. Still there are some spots in my pieces in which I have to practice it.

E
E
Second batch:
21 outo: Nice playing, recording and tone.

22. Daren – Pavane: Nice playing and tone from the PT VI.

23. Ganddalf - Intermezzo no.2: Really liked your composition Inge, lovely tune, played well too.

24. Ohio_Mark - Adagio in A Major: Nice piece, one of the best ones in Alfred’s. Well played.

25. peterws – Jamrock: Slick performance from you and your 650, very enjoyable. I guess you multitracked, must have taken a good bit of time. Yes, getting a good vocalist is always a problem (getting a good soundboard man is difficult too :-) Your videos are always outstanding Peter. And thank you for your kind comment on my submission.

26. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Trois Novelles Etudes no. 1 and no. 2: Very nice playing Paul

27. CASINITALY (Cheryl) – Pastorale: Very nice Cheryl, nice contrast between the two pieces. What a healthy breakfast you ate! I just eat SPAM, eggs, and veggies all stir fried together. I am already past my 3 score and ten so I don't care if I knock a few years off:-)

28. earlofmar - Gnossienne No.1: Nice Satie piece. I like his pieces very much, even learned Gymnopdie though I’m not that into classical. BTW, how do you record your VI? Audacity says it doesn’t support instrument VSTs. I figured I would have to record my VI (TruePianos)from the phones out on my PC. Re puppies: They play like that for hours every day. So much fun to watch

29. Alexander Borro - A sort of ... Mission: Nice composition Alexander, and well played.

30. AZ_Astro: Nice piece and playing. Seems it starts easy and then gets progressively harder. Nice going! Thank you for the comment on my submission and yes, jazzy chords indeed. I’m not used to playing those chords with extensions. Took a bit of doing to get them kind of smooth.

31. pianonewbie1 - "Pilgrims' Chorus": Nice playing, liked the layered sound of your PX.

32. WimPiano - C.P.E. Bach – Marche: Nice piece and playing. BTW: I also have a DR07 but your recording sounds much better than mine. Where do you place your DR07?

33. Sand Tiger - Between Raindrops: Your compostion and playing are good. The PX also sounds nice.

34. joangolfing - Funeral March: Very appropriate as a memorium.

35. CarlosCC – Sky: Nice composition Carlos, relaxing to listen to. Your P85 sounds very good (maybe it’s the player ? :-)

36. Andy Platt – Liebestraume: Nice rendition of this piece Andy.

37. torquenale (Alessandra) - Le Petit Negre: Nice piece, not what I’m used to from Debussy.

38. (Was)TrueBeginner - Footsteps on Autumn Leaves: Nice composition, nicely played.

39. BrianDX - Lunar Eclipse: Interesting piece Brian. Well played.

40. Joybug - Nearer My God To Thee: Nice performance of this familiar piece.

Ed (Out in the West Texas town of El Paso)
Yamaha P255
E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
Thank you to everyone who listened or maybe will listen going forward (#53, Mozart, K332, Adagio). I really appreciate and thank everyone who commented (hope I'm not missing anyone): Peyton, earlofmar, outo, Anne H, AZ Astro, Giancarlo Robles, Stumbler, Swiss MS, Andy Platt, peterws (for whom I'll open the windows for the snowblower effect in the background in February). Your positive comments and support make facing the red dot worthwhile, and I'm following up on your suggestions to get this into shape for a live recital. For me, learning piano, recitals, and especially recording are like walking on a tightrope, and I suppose it might be less interesting/rewarding if there weren't so many risks.

I've been listening to the recital by theme: classical because that's my main focus; Einaudi, Glass, and others - with which I'm less familiar but now intrigued (but I've heard, one step in that direction and it exerts a strong force to do more...); songs, improv, popular pieces, self-composed - very impressive of those who have that talent to create or make a piece new each time; Joplin :-): newcomers playing for a short time - courageous and inspiring.

After some drafts, I realize it's a special skill to be able to comment helpfully on each piece. I'm putting that on hold, but hope to absorb this technique reading through this thread.

To verqueue: Are you sure you're not my piano teacher? I've been telling the RH to sing and LH to shush, but they just don't listen. (Solution: Play with hands crossed?) Seriously, it's very helpful to have all these suggestions written down in one place for reference. Thank you for all your time and patience to review the details so thoroughly. I need to triage and work on the issues one at a time.

Re counting out loud while playing: I'm glad you said elsewhere it took you six months to master that. So far it's falling apart quickly, but I'm hoping it will pay off.

M26 ("too many notes") = chromatic scale in RH. RH is fine alone, even faster than this, but adding in a simple Alberti LH distracts RH from its job and slows it down. I think I know how to work on it (S-L-O-W-L-Y, HS, then HT?), but additional suggestions are always welcome.

This is an amazing recital, with good listening material to tide me over for ~3 months!

V
V
Originally Posted by ElaineAllegro

M26 ("too many notes") = chromatic scale in RH. RH is fine alone, even faster than this, but adding in a simple Alberti LH distracts RH from its job and slows it down. I think I know how to work on it (S-L-O-W-L-Y, HS, then HT?), but additional suggestions are always welcome.

Slowly yes, but it can be not enough or it will take you long time. When you have a problem think about what exactly causes it and try to isolate it in your practice.

In this case I think it's about a synchronization of your hands, maybe you practiced too much with hands separetely. Try to practice with hands together in middle tempo and then faster and faster (here metronom is nice, because it's easy to slowly accelerate the tempo). Probably it will be better if you divide part of left hand into small sections - at first try to play two notes from left hand and attributabled to them notes from right. After you'll be able to play this for every two notes in left hand in this bar in tempo, do it for four notes, etc.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Edtek

Never thought anyone outside Blighty ate Spam. . . but I only find it acceptable if fried. Last time I had that stuff was. . . .50 years ago. I can still taste it now. . . ! smile

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Originally Posted by ElaineAllegro
While it's not Mozartean to slow down for M26 there's no point slowing down the whole movement to the speed at which you can get this. In recital, and only until you get this, start a slower tempo from the last beat in M24, the block chord, up to the end of M26 where the change will be less noticeable.

I see verqueue has already answered this - I'm so slow! - but as another suggestion for practise, I would take M26 in units of four semi's/16ths plus the next note in each hand and work each unit until it was up to tempo. The notes themselves aren't the issue, it's the coordination so HS isn't necessary. The issue - for me - would be to hear in my head the rhythm of that septuplet and sing it to myself. Once you can get that rhythm I don't think you'll have a problem here. So take it only as slowly as you need until then.

Richard
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
27. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Pastorale / Adagio con espressione Sarabande
The Pastorale is lovely, Cheryl. You have the melody picked out nicely and haven't been unduly bothered by the double notes, which do take a lot of practise to settle down. The bass is a little heavy on the passage from 19 - 36 seconds but you show from 37s onwards that you have the wherewithal to control it.

The second piece is very long and it takes time (ha ha) to be able to play longer pieces without losing a sense of architecture. The biggest problem here is that where you're unsure of the notes the hesitation is ended with an abrupt forte chord. It would help to practise playing softer where you have hesitations rather than snatching the notes and breaking the listener's attention. While you're practising you might break the piece into smaller sections of about a minute each or less. This will help you to maintain concentration through each and get the flow better. Once each section is moving along better you can join them up more easily.

The chords are frequently where a forte is misplaced so you might just consider that chords need to be played softer because they have more notes.

You've upped the level with both these pieces so you can take comfort in your continued progress.

37. torquenale (Alessandra) - Le Petit Negre
Absolutely delightful performance. You've a real affinity with the keyboard that doesn't come easily to adult beginners so your early teen experience is paying big dividends. This must have been a lot of fun to develop. There's a joy in your playing that comes over in this.

Richard
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by peterws
Edtek

Never thought anyone outside Blighty ate Spam. . . but I only find it acceptable if fried. Last time I had that stuff was. . . .50 years ago. I can still taste it now. . . ! smile

our dogs love it laugh

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Edtek

28. earlofmar - Gnossienne No.1: Nice Satie piece. I like his pieces very much, even learned Gymnopdie though I’m not that into classical. BTW, how do you record your VI? Audacity says it doesn’t support instrument VSTs. I figured I would have to record my VI (TruePianos)from the phones out on my PC.

thanks for commenting on my piece and glad you enjoyed it. My VI uses Kontak 5 and I can't find any recording capability with this player. So with my dp connected to the computer by USB I guess Audacity is recording from the soundcards output.

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
A wonderful recital, thank you, all, for your music. Thank you for your direct comments on my submission - I am grateful you took the time, AnneH, SwissMS, AZ_Astro, jotur, Amaruk, peterws, Riddler, casinitaly, Peyton, jazzpt, torquenale, JimF, AndyPlatt, earlofmar, zrtf90, MaryBee, CarlosCC, TxBluebonnet, Ganddalf, Edtek.

47. EdTek - When Sunny Gets Blue I've not heard this piece in a very long time - thank you for sharing it. Congratulations on your first YouTube video! I can see you are playing carefully while enjoying the melody. No doubt you play a bit more relaxed when the camera is not looking over your shoulder. I look forward to hearing more of your music.

48. PaleBlueDot - Invention #8 Very nice work on this invention. You keep the voices pretty separate and your iPhone did a good job of capturing it. You've got great skills and it will be fun to hear what you choose to play next time. Really well done.

49. noobpianist90 (Aditya) - Minuet in G Major BWV Anh. 116 This is a beautifully done. Your hands are very relaxed and look at home over the keyboard.

50. Ataru074 - K330, I, Allegro Moderato Mozart well done, Ataru074! You followed his notations very well and bring this lively piece to life. Sipping hot tea while listening to this really helped me to get going. Thank you for sharing your excellent interpretation.

51. Copper - Album for the Young 1. Melody Schumann is one of my favorite Romantic composers, so thank you for sharing this. You are obviously moved by the music, perhaps by what you’ve heard played or by what you were hearing as you played it. Keep a Schumann piece in your repertoire.

52. dynamobt/Marilyn - La fille aux cheveux de lin You play this with a great deal of sensitivity. I very much enjoyed your rendition and no doubt, you've been playing this piece for a long time and it will continue to mature under your fingers. I hope to play this piece one day.

53. ElaineAllegro - Mozart Sonata K332 2nd movement-adagio MOzart is such a joy to hear. You play this with conviction and spirit. I enjoyed this very much.

54. ajames - Special Moments It's clear you are listening to the music as you play it. I enjoyed this pretty piece and I look forward to hearing more from you. Your modern arpeggiated ending

55. Mar_red - Adagio in G minor I've not heard this piece in ages and sang the melody along as you played. The recording is excellent. Good work.

56. TrapperJohn - Waltz in B Minor, Op.18a No.6 You play much more relaxed with each submission. Very subtle, yet effective dynamic control that gives this composition even more beauty. Considering Schubert lived to be 31, he gave us some absolutely wonderful music - Thank you.

57. jamie_vt - Elite Syncopations I was learning to play this before I injured my shoulder, so I am excited to hear you play it! There are some very tricky sections to get the syncopation played correctly and to keep the major-minor moods in contrast - it is a very lyrical sounding Ragtime piece and you make it sing wonderfully. That last section is two handfuls and you express it very well. Great one!!

58. TX-Bluebonnet (Linda) - Prelude in F Major That piece looks easier to play than it is, no question. That middle section looks to be difficult to keep the tempo going back and forth between the left and right hands. Good work!

59. MaryBee - Arabesque I The first thing I notice, MaryBee, is that your piano has excellent tone across the register and it must inspire you to play as well as you do. I really like this piece and you play it so nicely. I am impressed you play it my memory - to hold your concentration so very well for 6 minutes. You bring out and maintain the 3 over 2 rhythm quite nicely. Beautiful.

60. Giancarlo Robles - Evolution (from Big O anime) Giancarlo, you play this piece with such conviction. I wish it were longer. I look forward to hearing more from you in the recitals to come!

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
This past week has been a zoo and I've not had time to sit and enjoy listening to more of the recital - I hope that this week will be calmer, I'm dying to hear the rest!

In the meantime, let me say a few thank yous!

Outo: Yes, I'd have loved to use the acoustic too but I wasn't able to get the tuner over in time. frown Thanks for your feedback!

AZ_Astro - I did take months to work on these pieces - I read the music, but as I'd been reading it for a while I wouldn't call it sight reading smile Thanks for the compliment!

SwissMS: I'm glad that some sound of relaxation came through - that's one of the things I've been working on. Both of these pieces grabbed me for the moods that they evoke- thank you for your comments!

earlofmar: No nonsense smile Well, in many ways yes, that describes me. Especially for work. I agree with your feedback, - the Adagio was not as smooth as I'd have liked, but I hope to improve that. I really love the piece and want to keep it in my little repertoire for a while.

Peterws: The pastorale comes from a transitional period from Baroque to Classical, and the second, decidedly Baroque. I love this period (so does my teacher - and he gives me all kinds of fabulous insight into this period) - It isn't easy for me, but I love working on it - thanks for your feedback!

Jotur - so glad you enjoyed them! Thanks!!!

Andy Platt: Thanks very much - I think I can still do a bit more polishing - but time will tell!

Peyton: the sombreness of the second piece was exactly what drew me to it to start with - glad you liked it!

Inlandng: Thrilled! wow! Now I'm thrilled. Both of these pieces presented me with new challenges, but it was really fun to plug away at working them out. Delighted that you enjoyed them so much.

Tx-Bluebonnet: Glad you enjoyed the contrasts - that's one of the things I really liked about playing them back to back! Thanks!

JimF - Giacomo- thanks very much - it is so neat that you follow my story and know the background details - I really appreciate your feedback!

Edtek: thanks! Breakfast is healthy because of tummy problems smile -- and I don't like spam anyway lol.

Zrtf90: Thanks so much for your very detailed reply Richard. I did make some good progress on the double notes (it took a good while, but I'm getting there) -
Your feedback on the Adagio is greatly appreciated - and spot on too. I know exactly what you're talking about with the hesitations bringing on jarring changes in volume. Thank you very much for the specific suggestions to help with working on this - and for your ever present encouragement!

It means a lot to me that so many folks have taken the time to give me such great feedback and constructive suggestions for improving in the future!
Grazie mille a tutti!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
Thank you (zrtf90/Richard) and verqueue for the suggestion to break this measure up, and also for the suggestion short-term to start the slow-down a few measures earlier. I think this will be very helpful.

E
E
Last batch of comments!

But first:
Re SPAM: I guess I have a cast iron stomach. I eat expired food, stuff that fell on the floor or the dogs wouldn’t eat etc :-) Besides, I love my SPAM stir fried with veggies and scrambled eggs; make a big bunch in the morning and I’m set for the day! And Peter, I read the the British got healthier during the war when their diet was restricted and SPAM was their main protein!

And thanks to those below who commented on my sub:

Andy Platt: I listened to several vocals to see how they phrased the song and tried to get as close as I could. It’s difficult to properly play a vocal piece on solo piano.

Inlanding: It’s one of my favorites, I hope I get good enough some day to play it in other than an easy piano version. I need to work on my videos. The sound from my phone is pretty bad. The next vid I make I will use a separate mic and sync the audio with vid.

Now on to the comments:

41. gingko2 - Joc cu Bata: Nice piece, good sound from your Kawai

42. Yamaha G3 & P-80, Mike White – Chrysanthemums: Interesting piece, quite dramatic.

43. Silver Keys: Nice pieces, good tempo keeping.

44. wjf - Song for My Father: Very cool song, one of my favorite jazz pieces. You played it very well and I liked how the backing complemented the performance.

I thought you improvised the bass line but when I looked it up in New Real 2 (not 3, unless I have a different edition than you), I was surprised to see that it had both treble and bass clef parts. I don’t improvise so I usually just use real book charts for accompanying a vocalist or instrumentalist.

Since it has the whole arrangement, I have printed out the chart and will start work on it as a piano solo. Thanks for bringing to my attention!

45. verqueue – Beethoven: Nice performance of this lovely piece.

46. stumbler/Dave - Solitude no. 1: Very nice composition Dave. I envy your talent at composing and also playing.

48. PaleBlueDot - Invention #8: Very nice performance. I recorded my submission with my phone first. When I heard how bad it sounded I recorded it again as an mp3 using a Shure mic and Behringer mixer, much better! I left the YT post as recorded on the phone since I didn’t have time to make another vid using the mic/mixer and sync the audio with the vid.

49. noobpianist90 (Aditya) - Minuet in G Maj: Nice performance and nice video. I wonder how you used Audacity since I read that it doesn’t support VI instruments? I think I will have to record my VI (TruePianos) using the phone out on my PC unless there’s something I’m missing.

50. Ataru074 - K330: Very nice, lots of fancy flying fingers! I had to look up ORTF :-)

51. Copper - Album for the Young: Very nice, Schumann is always a pleasure to listen to.

52. dynamobt/Marilyn - La fille aux cheveux de lin: Debussy never disappoints, lovely piece. Your BB sounds very nice.

53. ElaineAllegro - Mozart Sonata K332: Nice piece and I thought you played it well.

54. ajames - Special Moments: Very nice piece, I didn’t hear any buzz.

55. Mar_red - Adagio in G minor: Great arrangement from a lead sheet, nicely done!

56. TrapperJohn - Waltz in B Minor, Op.18a No.6: I liked this piece and the little touches you added and yeah, I’d head for Hilton Head too if I had the chance :-)

Thanks for the comment on my submission. It’s tricky to properly play a song intended for vocal performance on solo piano. I listened to Nat’s performance (also Johnny Mathis’s) several times to try to get their feel and phrasing.

57. jamie_vt - Elite Syncopations: Nice Joplin piece played well with good rhythm and expression.

58. TX-Bluebonnet (Linda) - Prelude in F Major: I found it tricky to coordinate hands using Alberti bass, you did it very well.

59. MaryBee - Arabesque I: Lovely piece as I expect from Debussy. Very well played.

60. Giancarlo Robles - Evolution (from Big O anime): Very nice piece, I really like all the anime piano pieces I have heard. Re your comment on my submission: I’m embarrassed to say that it’s 4 years, not months and I’m still just playing easy piano. I am not consistent in my piano playing, often going weeks without playing piano pieces. Pero, que hago, asi soy :-)

Last edited by Edtek; 11/23/14 06:16 PM. Reason: typos

Ed (Out in the West Texas town of El Paso)
Yamaha P255
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I'm returning home after having been away all week and I didn't had time to write about this recital. I'm sorry; I will comment the rest of the pieces this week.
Oh, and thanks for your comments on my piece. You're all very kind thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Inlanding
39. BrianDX - Lunar Eclipse I like the descending bass line and how it interacts with the RH melody. You have improved greatly since the last e-cital. You and your teacher enjoy playing this as a duet. Good work, Brian.

Thanks for your kind comments. Thanks to Edtech for your comments as well.

I just played this piece live with my teacher this afternoon at her fall musicale and played well, although it was nerve-racking.

At Tuesday's lesson I will try to record our duet, and then that will be it.

Again, thanks to everyone for their kind and affirming comments. They are appreciated!

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
12. Mr Super-Hunky - Nights in White Satin - Ah, Mr SH! Even without reading the recital support thread, I know this piece is yours. I can recognize your unique style and touch and I think you're developing your abilities to a high standard. I love the session beginning at 1.50. What a blast! Really, really good, as usual!

13. Monica K. - Tracce - Monica, I was waiting for this. The sound of your piano is gorgeous for this one, and you kept the mysterious ambiance along the entire work. Very, very good. I love this piece - ok, ok, it's Einaudi -, but your interpretation it's just amazing. I liked the emotion you put into it where the notes are played stronger and then soften (something I must pay more attention). Good control, correct flow. Perfect!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
14. jotur/Cathy Turner - The Shadow of Your Smile - Cathy, you play this very well. Thanks for sharing so much information about your adventure with this piece; I can see how you worked hard with it. You have a nice touch. Well done.

15. PikaPianist - Salut d'Amour (Love's Greeting) - Well, I think this tempo is just fine and I agree with you. If someone has doubts about that, just send them a copy of this piece. Amazing work, so delicate, so well played. Congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
16. Riddler (Ed) - Warsaw Concerto - Wow!!! Ed, sounds tremendous. I have no technical qualifications to comment technically but I know what I like. I think you did a great job collecting, mixing, arranging and, above all, playing like this. I also think that music movie is great! thanks for sharing!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Better late than never, here are my comments on the first half of the recital:

01. Amaruk - Comptine d'ete No. 1
I haven’t played any Yann Tiersen – yet. He’s definitely on my to-do list. I’m familiar with Compine d’Autre Ete (who isn’t), but this one was new to me. I’ve listened to it a couple of times now and enjoy it more each time. Lovely flow, great contrasts of tone and dynamics, a pleasure to listen to.

02. SwissMS/Doris - Sonatina in A Minor Allegro & Andante
Very well played, with really good control

03. wouter79 - KV570, allegretto (III)
What I love about Mozart is that he is so very Mozart-y. I hear your pain regarding recording difficulties, but despite this being an earlier recording that you aren’t entirely happy with I think it flows along beautifully

04. Peyton - Morning Passages
I hadn’t come across this piece before and really enjoyed it. To me, parts of it sound very typical of Glass, but other parts really don’t.

05. Jazztpt (Russ) - The Fortunate Man
A lovely mellow sound to this, reflective but not sad – as befits the theme

06. RedKat - Melody Op.47 n.3
Very atmospheric

07. Richard (zrtf90) - Une Larme (A Tear)
A really well executed performance, as I have come to expect from you. It sounds like the kind of piece where playing the correct notes is just a tiny part of a successful performance.
And the handy thing is, I could just cut and paste this comment to JimF’s Debussy, coming up next :-)

08. JimF - La fille aux cheveux de lin
I love this piece. It’s one I’d like to learn but I don’t think I can do it justice yet. You do a lovely job with this, nice dynamic contrast

09. Inlanding - Glen - Indaco Intro w/ improvisation
I may be an Einaudi fan, but I’m definitely not a purist! I liked this a lot, and I find it inspiring when people take a piece and use it as a jumping off point for their own creations.

10. newbert - Baby Grand
I love the way this recital introduces me to things I’d never normally come across. Great bluesy sound, not rushed at all

11. Greener / Jeff Green - Medleytango
Great fun! I love the combo of the familiar and the unknown. I’d love to learn a tango (to play, though hey, to dance would be awesome too!).

12. Mr Super-Hunky - Nights in White Satin
This was great! I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did, it really sustained my interest all the way through

13. Monica K. - Tracce
Lovely atmosphere and contrast, my fellow Einaudi fan!

14. jotur/Cathy Turner - The Shadow of Your Smile
I liked this a lot, and it was interesting to read your comments on the lyrics, with which I wasn't familiar

15. PikaPianist - Salut d'Amour (Love's Greeting)
This was a lovely piece and performed with great delicacy and tenderness

16. Riddler (Ed) - Warsaw Concerto
Great backstory to this one! The theme is very familiar but I wouldn’t have been familiar with the full piece. And I’m very impressed that you arranged it yourself

17. Anne H - Pavane de la Belle au bois dormant
The dreamy quality is really well conveyed. Like Debussy, so much of this is about creating the mood and you did a lovely job with it.

18. 8 Octaves - Sonatina in A minor, op. 214, no. 4, 1st mvt
I like this piece, particularly the “question and answer” feel in places. A lot of discipline required to do it without pedal, and I think you pull it off very effectively

19. Alux - Nadia's Theme
Very nicely done

21. outo - Keyboard Sonata d minor K9
I like Scarlatti too, though for me he comes a distant second to Bach (maybe even third behind Handel). You do a nicely judged job here, with the ornaments all well executed and exactly that evenness and balance required for a baroque piece.

22. Daren - Pavane
Lovely music, and beautifully played. Another composer I hadn’t come across and I enjoyed it very much

23. Ganddalf - Intermezzo no.2
Moon River theme, love the flowing style. Very impressed that this is improvised, I really like it

24. Ohio_Mark - Adagio in A Major
Very nice, that LH flows along with great consistency all the way through. And it’s always great to come across an unfamiliar composer

25. peterws - Jamrock
Ha, that was a slightly unexpected transition. Thanks for changing up the pace and keeping us on our toes!

26. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Trois Novelles Etudes no. 1 and no. 2
I’ll confess, after your performance in the last recital I was full of anticipation for this, and it didn’t disappoint.

27. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Pastorale / Adagio con espressione Sarabande
You do a great job with both, but I like the second piece in particular, I really liked the atmosphere you created

28. earlofmar - Gnossienne No.1
This is outstanding for only 2 years playing! Really great, I enjoyed it a lot.

29. Alexander Borro - A sort of ... Mission
Beautiful expression, and a nice working of this theme. Hard to believe you’re only at it 5 months, great job

30. AZ_Astro - Andantino or Ivan Sings
Nice delicate LH as you let the RH melody sing out, especially when it’s in the higher ranges. Nice work
(I’ll admit to some initial confusion waiting for the strings to come in, and thinking it didn’t sound at all like Wagner, before I realised that your notes were missing from the initial recital listing and I was reading the description of #31!)

[Linked Image]
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission