Hi there! My name is Brandon Sturiale, and I'm a Composer/Pianist/Music Director living in New York City. My thanks to Frank for allowing me to share a little about myself with you guys.

I've made my living playing piano and music directing for nine years now, mostly in the world of musical theatre. I play for Off-Broadway shows, auditions, rehearsals, etc., and am trying to make it to Broadway like everybody else. :-) That will happen when it happens; in the meantime I'm just eternally grateful to be able to make a living doing what I love, and making music every day.

I recently got back into writing, which I had put aside for about a decade, and released an album of original solo piano songs called Light of a New Day. Jim Brickman and David Lanz are big inspirations for me; not quite classical, but certainly not jazz, either. Basically just nice, melodic piano music that works either as background music or something to intently listen to.

If you'd like to check it out, you can hear samples at: www.cdbaby.com/brandonsturiale

I'm also on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/light-of-a-new-day/id934492106

Sheet music for my songs is available at: www.brandonsturiale.com

If you like my music, be sure to Like me on Facebook! www.facebook.com/brandonsturiale

And finally, if you're more of a visual person, I put a track from my CD on YouTube accompanied by some of the photos I've taken over the years. I'm very excited to announce I'm in the process of making an official video (for another song) with an industry videographer/editor, but in the meantime, here's the one I created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SS50qFjnsk

Thanks for reading! More information is below. Cheers!

Brandon Sturiale

Biography:

I was born and raised in a small town outside of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma called Midwest City. They called it that because it's in the Midwest, see? I decided I needed to be somewhere a little more creative, so I moved to New York when I was 22. But before I did that I figured I better have something to offer, so I taught myself how to play piano. Okay, actually I taught myself how to play because I wanted to be Elton John, without the high heels and drinking problems. Anyway, it turns out I was actually pretty good. I read a lot of books about how to play, and I practiced all the time so I could avoid playing sports, where I would surely be ridiculed and hit with the ball.

Along the way, I learned two things: 1) Nobody wanted to hear me sing, and 2) I loved telling a story without using words. I was (and continue to be) especially drawn to film scores, and I write music in the hope of taking listeners on an auditory journey. To evoke an emotion or create an image in their minds, knowing that the journey will be different for everyone who listens.

In addition to the songs on this album, I have also written adult-contemporary pop songs (with lyrics), children's songs, and short pieces for use in film and television. I make my living as a music director/pianist in New York City, mostly in the world of musical theatre. Thanks for taking the time to check out my music, and I hope you enjoy it!

What people are saying about my music:

“Sturiale is an incredibly talented composer/performer...who writes lush melodies. I wouldn't be surprised if someday soon [he] turns up on Broadway.”—D.L. Lepidus, Chelsea Clinton News, New York NY

“Sturiale, whose amusing banter indicates he could capitalize on that skill, writes melodies that could be considered exploratory-cum-lush.”—David Finkle, Backstage, New York NY

“Your music is delightful!”—Big Mike, DJ at Sunny 102 FM radio, Syracuse, NY

“Music this great should be heard by the masses!”—Jaycielle, Dallas TX

“The music is moving, well-written, well-performed and wonderful!”—Suzette, Lincolnton NC

“You have real, inspired talent! Your music is from the heart, and is very original.”—Benjamin, Alhambra CA

”Each song tells me a story....taking me from tears to smiles....LOVED IT! I have recommended this to family and friends - awesome music from a talented artist!”—Vicki, Oklahoma City OK

“Love this CD!!!! Highly recommend to anyone who loves piano music (and who doesn't?) Easy listening, soothing, I could go on forever!!! Can't wait for the next CD!”—Theresa, Oklahoma City OK

“Loved every song on this CD and plan on giving this to a few of my friends for Christmas. This music sweeps you away and lets you dream in the melody of the notes. Recommend this to everyone.”—Angie, Oklahoma City OK